Socket Error #10054. Connection reset by peer.

Hello
I use Intraweb Ultimate 12.2.8 with Delphi XE2 Update 4.

Not always but mostly I get an Exception EIdSocket Error when I show a
new IWForm (or going back to the existing).
Text:
Socket Error #10054. Connection reset by peer.

I'm not sure where to look. I write a database application with Oracle
and Odac components from DevArts and I use also TMS Intraweb components.

Any Idea how I can find out ?

Thank you
Christian
1
Christian
9/13/2012 2:02:15 PM
embarcadero.delphi.intraweb 3901 articles. 0 followers. Follow

> {quote:title=Christian Bugge wrote:}{quote}
> Hello
> I use Intraweb Ultimate 12.2.8 with Delphi XE2 Update 4.
>
> Not always but mostly I get an Exception EIdSocket Error when I show a
> new IWForm (or going back to the existing).
> Text:
> Socket Error #10054. Connection reset by peer.
>
> I'm not sure where to look. I write a database application with Oracle
> and Odac components from DevArts and I use also TMS Intraweb components.
>
> Any Idea how I can find out ?
>
> Thank you
> Christian

I guess you only receive this exception when debugging inside Delphi IDE? If so, please read this article: http://www.swissdelphicenter.ch/en/showarticle.php?id=1

This is the same "non issue". It is a normal exception raised by Indy library, but it is treated and should be ignored.

Best regards
0
Alexandre
9/13/2012 2:12:53 PM
>> {quote:title=Christian Bugge wrote:}{quote}
>> Hello
>> I use Intraweb Ultimate 12.2.8 with Delphi XE2 Update 4.
>>
>> Not always but mostly I get an Exception EIdSocket Error when I show a
>> new IWForm (or going back to the existing).
>> Text:
>> Socket Error #10054. Connection reset by peer.
>>
>> I'm not sure where to look. I write a database application with Oracle
>> and Odac components from DevArts and I use also TMS Intraweb components.
>>
>> Any Idea how I can find out ?
>>
>> Thank you
>> Christian
>
> I guess you only receive this exception when debugging inside Delphi IDE? If so, please read this article: http://www.swissdelphicenter.ch/en/showarticle.php?id=1
>
> This is the same "non issue". It is a normal exception raised by Indy library, but it is treated and should be ignored.
>
> Best regards

Yes it's only during debugging.
Thanks for the quick answer.
0
Christian

Delphi XE HTTP: error "Socket Error #10054 Connection reset by peer" [Edit]
Communication type is set to HTTP, LifeCycle is set to Invocation. Invocation represents a stateless connection, but when the network connection drops, the client throws the error "Socket Error #10054 Connection reset by peer". Are there any other properties to set up apart from LifeCycle? Hi Irina, > Communication type is set to HTTP, LifeCycle is set to Invocation. > > Invocation represents a stateless connection, but when the network connection drops, the client throws the error "Socket Error #10054 Connection reset by peer". Are there any other proper...

"Socket Error # 10054 Connection reset by peer" error in TidHTTPServer
I have been playing around with TidHTTPServer from Indy 10.5.8.0 (supplied with RAD XE2). I am not using any IO handlers, nor am I assigning a stream to Response.ContentStream. I am just returning some text back in Response.ContentText. I am Using IE 8.0 as my web browser, everything works fine until I close the browser, then I get the exception EIdSocketError "Socket Error#10054 Connection Reset By Peer." If I click on continue, the program continues to execute. The curious thing though, the exception only throws when I close the Browser with my server...

Handling Indy10 exceptions
Hi there everyone, I am using Indy10 TCP Server/Client and I'm thinking of a way to handle an exception of type socket error #10054 - connection reset by peer. This sort of error can happen accidentally for example if the client computer experiences a sudden power failure or the client program is "killed" in the Task Manager. Server side, I have a listview that shows all connected clients. So whenever a socket error #10054 happens, the server MUST remove the client from the listview and return the client's database connection to a connection pool. That is what I've ...

Connection reset by peer error 10054
Hello, Using Delphi XE3 I developed a Datasnap webbroker ISAPI (IIS 7.5) application which works fine as you works with it... To be more clear If I leave the app inactive and try to use it after 3/4 minutes I receive a "socket error #10054 connection reset by peer" error I'm using a session live cycle on the server and I didn't changed any session default timeout (which should be 20mins.). Is there any kind of inactivity timeout I have to set up for a longer period ? Is there a way to intercept this error to try reconnecting to the server ? Thanks, Davide Hi, ...

Using IdHTTP I get Error 10054 Connection Reset by Peer
Hi, I'm trying to get a GIF image from a website every 15 minutes. But it only works the first time. At the next attempt (after 15 minutes) I get the error message. Here is the code : procedure TForm.Timer1Timer(Sender: TObject); begin GetRadarImage; end; procedure TForm.GetRadarImage; var MS : TMemoryStream; GIf: TGIFImage; begin MS := TMemoryStream.Create; GIf := TGIFImage.Create; try IdHTTP1.get(RadarURL,MS); Ms.Seek(0,soFromBeginning); Gif.LoadFromStream(MS); Gif.SaveToFile(ExtractFilePath(ParamStr(0))+'radar.tmp'); finally FreeAndNil(GIF); FreeAndNil(MS); end; end; I'm doing something similar on another website to get XML data, and there it works fine. The only difference between the two http calls is the overloaded method. In this case I'm using the procedure procedure Get(AURL: string,AResponseContent: TIdStream); overload; // this one gives the eror while in the other case I'm using function Get(AURL: string): string; overload; // this one works fine Should I reset something before calling GET again ? Thanks, Soitjes. <S oitjes> wrote in message news:308352@forums.embarcadero.com... > I'm trying to get a GIF image from a website every 15 minutes. > But it only works the first time. At the next attempt (after 15 > minutes) I get the error message. What do you have the ProtocolVersion property set to? If pv1_1, then try ...

Firemonkey Datasnap client connection reset by peer or socket error
I am using RAD Studio XE5 and C++ Builder. I have a Firemonkey application that is running on a poor network. It looses connection with the server at random, and I need to detect when that is happening. I would like to be able to trap the errors for Socket errors and the try to reconnect if I can. The issue is that there was a TApplicationEvents for VCL that could do that. I see nothing like that for Firmonkey. How can I trap or detect a disconnect for the client application in Firmonkey. Thanks, ...

RE: Error while reading socket: Connection reset by peer at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/RPC/PlServer/Comm.pm line 110.
Hmmmm. Is the resolved in 5.8 ? Perl 5.6.1 on Win32 leaks socket handles - maybe that's the reason. Windows Server - $VERSION =3D '1.012'; Unix Machine - $VERSION =3D '2.08'; -----Original Message----- From: Steffen Goeldner [mailto:sgoeldner@cpan.org] Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 2004 8:58 AM To: Jochen Wiedmann Cc: dbi-users@perl.org; Woodrow, Michael A, ALABS; Sackner, Beth A, ALABS; Morello, Anthony, ALABS; Long, Dan, ALABS; Esser, Marc A, ALABS Subject: Re: Error while reading socket: Connection reset by peer at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1...

#10054 Connection reset by peer
Hi, I upgraded from Indy 10 r3830 to r4103. Now I (very) often get this #10054 exception after I disconnect. The same application using r3830 doesn't have this problem. In the status event of IdFtp: Disconnecting then Disconnected but then this exception (#100054). I found some changes in IdFtp "DisconnectNotifyPeer": - r4103: procedure TIdFTP.DisconnectNotifyPeer; begin if IOHandler.Connected then begin IOHandler.WriteLn('QUIT'); {do not localize} IOHandler.CheckForDataOnSource(100); if not IOHandler.InputBufferIsEmpty then begin GetInternalResponse; end; end; end; - r3830: procedure TIdFTP.DisconnectNotifyPeer; begin if IOHandler.Connected then begin IOHandler.WriteLn('QUIT'); {do not localize} end; if IOHandler.Connected then begin if IOHandler.Readable(10) then begin GetInternalResponse; end; end; end; I changed IOHandler.CheckForDataOnSource(100) to IOHandler.CheckForDataOnSource(10) in r4103 and now there are no #100054 exception message anymore. Is this ok what I did? Best Regards, Pascal Pascal Coenen wrote: > Hi, > > I upgraded from Indy 10 r3830 to r4103. Now I (very) often get this > #10054 exception after I disconnect. The same application using r3830 > doesn't have this problem. In the status event of IdFtp: Disconnecting > then Disconnected but then this exception (#100054). > > ...

I/O Error Connection reset by peer
Hi everyone, I use Net::LDAP in a script that does a daily search on a large LDAP database (~80,000 entries). The expected return from the search is ~2000 entries. One run of the script threw up this error: my $mesg = $ldap->search(base=>...); $mesg->error was "I/O Error Connection reset by peer" I dont think this has anything to do with an ldap search size limit. For one thing, I expect to get a "sizelimit exceeded" error in that case and I have error-handling for that and the other thing is that I dont expect to exceed the size limit. I use...

[PAClient Error] Error: E0009 Socket Error # 10054
I'm running Windows 7 using Fusion 5 on a Macbook Pro (OSX Maveric). I have recently been able to run and debug to my iPhone and to the iOS Simulator. When returning to my projects I'm no longer able to deploy my projects. (Only changes may be some updates to Windows 7). The Connection to the PAServer is successful and deploying a test project directly from XCode also works. The deployment stops at MyProject.dSYM. In fact Delphi deploys all files except MyProject.dSYM and MyProject if unchecked in the Deployment manager. What am I missing Br Petter It turned out tha...

Socket Error # 10054 reading Connected property
I read the *Connected* property of a TIdCmdTCPClient in a procedure like this : // Delphi2007 indy 10.2.3 if (Time >= IncSecond(LastKeepAlive, 5)) and (TCP.Connected = True) then .... later else if TCP.Connected = False then ... Sometimes it raises the Connection reset by peer error in one line or another : +exception class : EIdSocketError+ +exception message : Socket Error # 10054 Connection reset by peer.+ +Main ($944):+ +005acefb +06b FramesInfo.exe IdStackBSDBase TIdStackBSDBase.RaiseSocketError+ +005acdd5 +011 FramesInfo.exe IdStackBSDBase ...

Datasnap "connection reset by peer" error on iOS?
Hi, i use 3 tier application on iOS. iOS client, windows server and SQL server. i use datasnap tcp/ip for client-server connection. Everything good but after program goes to background, connection broken and iOS application gives "connection reset by peer" error. How could i solve this? - is there a way detect application goes to background? - is there a way detect connection broken and reconnect without gives an error? Thanks. ...

Delphi 5 Indy 10.0.52 connect error not socket
Please can someone explain what error is happening here or how to get an error code try SMTP.Connect; except on e:EidSocketError do begin {whole lots of error trapping here MessageDlg('Socket error on connection. Error code'+inttostr(LastSocketError), mtError, [mbOk], 0); end; on e:Exception do begin uLogFile.putLog('SendMail - Connect error not socket Error : '+e.message); ...

Connection Reset By Peer Error With Jaguar 4.2 Web Server
We have recently upgraded from Jaguar 4.1 to Jaguar 4.2. Our current runtime environment is Windows 2000, Jaguar 4.2 build 42012 and JDK 1.4.1_01. We use the Jaguar web server as well as the Jaguar application server. The browser that our users use is Netscape. Since the upgrade to Jaguar 4.2, we experience an intermittent problem in the web server. When a JSP is to be displayed to the user, occasionally the user gets a Netscape pop-up window stating "A network error occurred while Netscape was receiving data. (Network Error: Connection reset by peer). Try connecting again." We never received this error with Jaguar 4.1 web server. It doesn't seem to cause a major problem as the user can just click OK in the dialog box and go on their way. But it is definitely something that should not be happening and that has only started since going to Jaguar 4.2. Does anybody have any ideas or thoughts on what in Jaguar 4.2 might cause this problem and, better yet, any thoughts on a solution? Thanks. Steve ...

Re: 500-Connection reset by peer errors (version 5.47)
I've found that using a proxy for http and https requests eliminates this problem. This is a good workaround for me, but it might suggest that there's something LWP is missing in the way of handling socket connections that other software (Apache, Lynx, Netscape...) does. One other (somewhat unrelated) thing I found that might help someone else out is that other browsers change the method of a redirected POST to GET. This was causing me problems where I couldn't get past the login on a secure site - I kept getting redirected in a circle back to the login page. Here&...

Delphi XE2, datasnap "Socket error 10061 connection refused"?
I cannot get it a datasnap application to work when a server app is installed on another Windows computer. It works fine on the when both client and server run on the same system. I have opened the port I am using in the Firewall on both computers. Any ideas? Thank you, Andre Hi Andrzej, > I cannot get it a datasnap application to work when > a server app is installed on another Windows computer. > It works fine on the when both client and server run on > the same system. I have opened the port I am using > in the Firewall on both computers. Which protocol a...

[connect error] Interbase Connect Error
In ODBC connect test is successfully.. but in PowerBuilder 6.5 Database Profiles is displayed error message.. Error Message is SQLSTATE = 40001 [Easysoft][Interbase]Dynamic SQL Error, SQL error code = -91, feature is not supported What means this message? Now I use PowerBuilder 6.5 & Interbase 5.6... Just I choose - Profile Name - Data Source --> This is ODBC DNS..(user DNS) - User ID - Password Does it need more? ...

Socket Error #10054 error in IW Demo Project [Edit]
I'm a newbie at webapps and trying to get up to speed using IW in Delphi 2010. I've written and compiled the demo project from the Help file's Creating a New VCL for the Web Application. When I attempt to run it I get the error message Project vclwebdemo.exe raised exception class EIdSocketError with message Socket Error #10054 Connection reset by peer. <Later edit> I've found I get this error when trying to run any of the IW demo projects from http://iwdemos.codeplex.com/ What to do to fix this? TIA Dick Edited by: Richard Bryant on Sep 6, 2009 8:36 ...

Delphi 2010 + TIBDatabase + connection error (how to catch error) [Edit]
Hi All Could someone help me in this case: {code} Try DataBase.Connect:=True; Except on >databaseconnectionerror< do ShowMessage('DataBase connection faild); end; {code} I do not know, how to catch (handling) IB errors in my Delphi application. Thank You very much in advance Best Regards Jacek Edited by: Jacek Fągowski on Aug 14, 2012 9:04 AM Jacek Fągowski wrote: > Hi All > > Could someone help me in this case: > {code} > Try > DataBase.Connect:=True; > Except > on >databaseconnectionerror< do > ShowMes...

Connection reset by peer
Hello, I changed from an ADSL provider to a Fiber provider. Now I get everytime the exception "Connection reset by peer" when closing the idFTP1 connection: idFTP1.Disconnect (Indy 10) I also tried idFTP1.DisconnectNotifyPeer and idFTP1.Quit, but the exception is still raised. How can I solve this problem ? Thanks, Hubert Anemaat > {quote:title=Hubert Anemaat wrote:}{quote} > Hello, > > I changed from an ADSL provider to a Fiber provider. Now I get everytime the exception "Connection reset by peer" when closing the *idFTP1* connection Is it...

Socket error 10054
I am running a soap webserver and client application written in Delphi 7. If I leave the client application idle for more than a minute I get "socket error 10054: Connection reset by peer" while using the client. Does anyone know how to fix this? Pier > {quote:title=Pier Nardin wrote:}{quote} > I am running a soap webserver and client application written in Delphi 7. If > I leave the client application idle for more than a minute I get "socket > error 10054: Connection reset by peer" while using the client. Does anyone > know how to fix this...

connection reset errors
I am having a recurring error with IE4 and our web-site. We're downloading a list of 1000 records (I realize that's a lot, but our clients insist), and toward the end of the page-load, I get a message box that says: "Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site <url> The connection with the server was reset " and the page is not completely loaded. Does anyone know what is most likely to cause this behavior? Thanks Earl Earl, How long is it taking to download? For kicks, have you tried it with Netscape? I realize that doesn't necessar...

Connection reset by peer....
I frequently get a "connection reset by peer" message when connected to the grc groups. It seems to happen after some idle time. Is there some type of time limit that only allows us to be connected for a certain length of time? -- OverSoul Imagination is more important than Knowledge. --Albert Einstein-- OverSoul ... > I frequently get a "connection reset by peer" message when > connected to the grc groups. It seems to happen after some > idle time. Is there some type of time limit that only allows > us to be c...

connection reset errors?
Is this just me? I am seeing a lot of 'connection reset' errors from support-stage.mozilla.org. This is happening when I am editing but it is also happening just navigating the site. So far, I have just been able to hit refresh and nothing is lost. It seems a bit weird, though. If I am doing something wrong, let me know. - ray I noticed it about an hour to two hours ago too. But it looks OK now. On Jul 25, 12:07 am, Ray Kiddy <r...@ganymede.org> wrote: > Is this just me? I am seeing a lot of 'connection reset' errors from > support-stage.mozi...

Web resources about - Socket Error #10054. Connection reset by peer. - embarcadero.delphi.intraweb

Ritchie Yorke recounts John Lennon, Yoko Ono connection - The Courier-Mail Search Search
IN THE old-school days of rock ’n’ roll journalism, savvy interviewers got to spend time with interviewees, get to know them, hang out backstage ...

'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2 spoilers: ‘Flight 462’ connection teased in new promo
... his group will travel in a yacht in “Fear the Walking Dead” Season 2. A new “Fear the Walking Dead” Season 2 trailer teases “Flight 462” connection. ...

The French connection
A FRENCH-SPEAKING Tasmania is not quite as out-landish a concept as it at first appears, considering we came extremely close to being a French ...

'Who made you Pope?': Donald Trump, Jeb Bush and the Caddyshack connection
The 1980s comedy tells us something about the relationship between Donald Trump and Jeb Bush.

Anchorage man arrested in connection with January armed robberies
Police say a 24-year-old Anchorage man has been arrested in connection with two armed robberies and one attempted robbery at the end of January. ...

Igniting Brand Growth Via Emotional Connections
Nobel Prize winning research in neuroscience and behavioral economics proves that all humans are irrational, emotional creatures. Both marketers ...