Port 8080 on stand-alone

Right...fat chance that anyone will read this after the server
catastrophe, but here goes:

Recently switched over to a standalone app, instead of ISAPI, and am
using port 8080. Apparently, from some customers, the app simply
doesn't open anymore. Could it be port 8080 is blocked in some configs?

Dominique
8/11/2008 2:25:38 PM
embarcadero.delphi.intraweb 3901 articles. 1 followers. Follow

> {quote:title=Dominique Willems wrote:}{quote}
> Right...fat chance that anyone will read this after the server
> catastrophe, but here goes:

Well since I got here first and vandalised the place ;-) I'll do my best to help.

Are the server and the clients on the same network or across the internet? Where are the clients who can view the server and where are those who can't?

Try to telnet to the server,

  telnet server.address.com 8080

If it works you'll just get a blank screen with a blinking cursor, if it fails you'll get a message "Could not open connection to the host" in which case it's probably some sort of firewall either on the client PC or at their network gateway.

Lachlan
0
Lachlan
8/12/2008 1:49:51 AM
Lachlan Gemmell wrote:
> If it works you'll just get a blank screen with a blinking cursor, if
> it fails you'll get a message "Could not open connection to the host"
> in which case it's probably some sort of firewall either on the
> client PC or at their network gateway.

It appears to happen to about 20% of the customers, geographically
spread evenly, so I thought it would be something firewall related,
that's why I asked whether 8080 is often firewalled.

Last night I changed to another port and am awaiting reports...

Dominic
8/12/2008 9:10:16 AM
Dominic Willems wrote:
> Last night I changed to another port and am awaiting reports...

And they're negative; still same problem. I'm baffled...

Dominic
8/12/2008 9:30:41 AM
"Dominic Willems" <empty@emptiness.net> wrote in message
> Dominic Willems wrote:
>> Last night I changed to another port and am awaiting reports...
>
> And they're negative; still same problem. I'm baffled...

I made it Dom, your problem is almost certain to be firewall
related.
Rita
0
Rita
8/15/2008 1:11:32 AM
Rita Tipton wrote:
> I made it Dom, your problem is almost certain to be firewall
> related.

It absolutely is! Now I got a second IP, bound the app to it, and set
its port to 80. For some reason IIS is still intercepting the port on
that IP, even though it's fully configured to ignore it.

Dominic

Delphi XE3 with Styles, not working stand alone
I have built my very first Delphi XE3 64 bit .exe that includes Application/Appearance/ - couple of styles I picked. This is *not* a FireMonkey app, just an ordinary VCL forms app. I did a build and noticed an .rsm file in the output folder. When I run the app within Delphi, all the controls appear, looking good, styled properly. When I run the .exe outside of the Delphi IDE, the main form is blank. None of the controls I added are visible. What do I need to do to make the .exe appear correctly whe n running outside the IDE (stand alone) ? Thanks in advance for any help you can provi...

Accessing an Intraweb stand-alone application through intranet
This question may sound stupid. But i cnt seem 2 manage it. I have created a VCL for the web (standalone) application and have built the project, creating the executable file. I want to run this executable as a web page from another machine on my network The Server Controller's port is 8888 How can I run the EXE from another machine on the same network? Any input would be deerly appreciated. Thank you Hi Vahan, > This question may sound stupid. > But i cnt seem 2 manage it. > > I have created a VCL for the web (standalone) application You could a...

URL stand-alone server vs. isapi.dll. IntraWeb XII
Hi everyone (and especially the Atozed team), can you please explain how to manage URLs in a webapplication. When I use the stand-alone server (http://127.0.0.1:8888/$) my stylesheet is found under +wwwroot/Files/iw.css+. After uploading my DLL to an Apache server the path is +.../cg/cgwin.dll+. Therefore, my application expects to find the stylesheet under +.../cg/cgwin.dll/Files+. The real path however is +.../cg/Files+ Please help! Please explain the correct settings for TIWServerController.Stylesheet.URL, TIWServerController.FilesDir, TIWServerController.InternalFilesURL etc. What ...

Code Porting
Hi people, Basically, I am moving an app from Delphi 5 to Delphi 2009 which is all great (yeah right!) and I am having a couple of issues with some thirdparty components that we have the source code for. Being that I wanted to make the task as easy as possible, I was able to download the component in Delphi 2007 format. I have now managed to port that to 2009 so it compiles only with warnings and no errors. So all is good at this moment. Now I am trying to install the component into the IDE by using the install menu option from the project manager. This is where I run into errors. ...

intraweb ports
Hi, Is it possible to run more then one service with the same port number ? If not, does it means that every application should get it's own port ? Is there a way to avoid many ports (I will have to open a lot of ports in the firewall ...) Alon Not right now. AFAIK that is in the pipeline for a future version Yes and No, rather put in an INI file that hard code, then you can change the PORT No at will. Eg IF you have more than one app, then default them to the same PORT unless you give it an INI file. That way you can have 1 favourite in yr browser to test all your...

Port 8080
I understand that port 8080 can be used by ppl to bounce their web browser off my computer to fake their real IP address to the web server. Is there anyway to block their ability to do that? "Igor_x" <Bogus_address@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3c1519e5.9758284@news.grc.com... > I understand that port 8080 can be used by ppl to bounce their web > browser off my computer to fake their real IP address to the web > server. Is there anyway to block their ability to do that? What it sounds like you are describing is a proxy server. If you do not have a p...

Port mapping using Susefirewall2: Mapping port 80 to 8080

Stand Alone
Name: Matthew Dixon-Cumberbatch Email: Mcumberbatch83atmsndotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Stand Alone Comments: Is it possible to create a stand alone Version of firefox that doesn't get all installed in the system(in essence less of a fingerprint that mozilla is here)... still works as the the great product it is and be able to take the additions as a piece that can travel with like as if on a jumpdrive. Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

DesignIDE package and porting Delphi 7 components to Delphi XE2
HI I am porting components from Delphi7 to Delphi XE2, and started run in problems regarding MaskProp.dcu, some of the components uses this, and is looking for TMaskProperty class. After a lot of browsing on the net i figured out that all these units is packaged in the designide.dcp. So i have the design time component in a package that requires the designide.dcp and then the runtime component package that reguires the designtime package for the component. In the runtime component package i get errors regarding the MaskProp.dcu and the TMaskProperty class. I dont know what to do from ...

Intraweb 12.1.24 and TimeOutResponse demo from version Intraweb XI in delphi XE2 Update 3
Hello I'm very new in Intraweb and until now everything look fine. I'm looking for dev. tools for new application and I’m now testing IW XII. IW demo XI TimeOutResponse I don't understood very well. What should happen here. After 1 min of idle time after I push button in my browser I should get a Timeout.html page, but this is not happened. Maybe I do something wrong or I don't understand demo. Please give me some hints or correction? Thanks, Simon simon krizaj wrote: > Hello > I'm very new in Intraweb and until now everything look fine. I'...

Porting to Delphi XE
I am porting my old applications developed in Delphi 7 to compile under Delphi XE. Generally there are no problems, but the change in the default string type in XE is giving me problems. Usually i circumvent them by changing the string type to ShortString and that makes do for the time being. But the current program I am porting is heavy string oriented and I need to really figure out a general way of sorting out string issues. The string types I deal with are not unicode or multi-byte - just plain Delphi 7 string type. Is there any document that deals with this issue and gives any guideline...

8080 port unavailable
Hi, I'm trying to use the asp.net web matrix to create a first app. However, when I try to the run the page through the Start Web Application dialog box, I get an error that says: "the port number is already in use. Please specify a different port number". where do I find another port number? I am using win xp professional. I have visual studio.net on my pc and also IIS. However, because I am having problems creating a new project in studio.net, I'm trying web matrix. I also am running dsl. I appreciate all the help I can get! Thanks a million! try us...

stand alone class
Hi How does one create a standalone class which does not depend on any other class that is not part of the embarcadero product Sphamandla wrote: > How does one create a standalone class which does not depend on > any other class that is not part of the embarcadero product Simply declare a class that does not derive from any class in Embarcadero's RTL or VCL: {code:cpp} class TMyClass { .... }; {code} -- Remy Lebeau (TeamB) Thank you. That got me going. Now the only problem that I have is that in my Main unit, which I have included unit MyClass, when I try ...

Port 8080 open
I discovered that port 8080 is open on my pc, behind a router and Windows Firewall. I checked the router setup and can find no mention of port 8080. I then suspected a trojan so i scanned with over a half dozen different programs but found nothing. Tried other personal firewalls, no difference. Ran cports and it had no mention of port 8080. Yet when i scan with Sheilds Up it still says port 8080 fails. What can i try next to close this port? ...

Web resources about - Port 8080 on stand-alone - embarcadero.delphi.intraweb

Stand-alone power system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A stand-alone power system ( SAPS or SPS ), also known as remote area power supply ( RAPS ), is an off-the-grid electricity system for locations ...

Gary Ayres wants breakaway competition of stand-alone VFL clubs
Gary Ayres has labelled the VFL competition as &quot;gearing towards an AFL full-alignment or partial-alignment reserves competition&quot; amidst ...

Stand-alone weekend a must for Origin: Des
Stand-alone weekend a must for Origin: Des

'It ain't broke': David Gyngell says stand alone Origins won't work
The call for stand alone Origins is on - but the Nine boss says he won't be budging

Stand-alone State of Origin period could be Shane Richardson's first move at the NRL
A stand-alone State of Origin period is on the cards under Dave Smith's latest lieutenant at League Central, with Shane Richardson to make scheduling ...

Bellamy Calls For Stand-alone Origin Competition
We need stand-alone Origin: Bellamy

Feds end Yukon's stand-alone temporary foreign worker program
The federal government will not renew Yukon's stand-alone temporary foreign worker program when the one-year pilot project expires at the end ...

Craig's List - McDavid stands alone - Article - TSN
Connor McDavid stands alone at No. 1 in the March edition of Craig's List. While that may not come as a surprise to many, TSN Director of Scouting ...

Pea Ridge National Park To Remove Stand-Alone Depictions Of Confederate Flag
... involving the Confederate flag, the National Parks Service has requested that Pea Ridge National Military Park take down all stand-alone depictions ...

Dropbox to buy Mailbox and retain 13 employees, will keep service as stand-alone app
... highly anticipated mail client with a lengthy reservation list from Orchestra , and clarified it will keep the service running as a standalone ...