IWDBEdit control set to IWDBGridColumn.Control not editable [Edit]

Hi folks.  I'm relatively new to IntraWeb and am having trouble with my application.

It is a simple app that is supposed to show a list of user accounts in a grid and allow the user to edit data in the accounts.

I have a TADOQuery connecting to MS SQL, with 'Select * from UserAccounts' as the sql text.
I have a TDataSource with the Dataset property pointing to my TADOQuery object.
Both of these objects exist as part of the UserSession.

On my main form, I have an IWDBGrid, IWDBNavigator, and an IWDBEdit control.
They are all hooked up to the TDatasource in the UserSession.

The TIWDBEdit control is set as the TIWDBGridColumn.Control property for one of the columns in the Grid.

When I start the application, the Dataset opens, and the grid shows a list of all of my userAccounts.  I can use the Navigator to switch focus from one row to the next, and the DBEdit control moves around with the focused row.  I can use the Navigator's edit button to put the dataset into Edit mode, and the Navigator's save button to post any changes. So far, everything seems to be working ok.

However, the problem is that when I have the dataset in Edit mode, and I try to change the text in the IWDBEdit control, the changes are not being saved back to the dataset.

If I disconnect the IWDBEdit control from the GridColumn.control Property, then the changes made to the edit control are saved properly.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong here?  Thanks for any assistance.

Using Delphi 2010, Intraweb 10.0.23

Edited by: Mark Knapik on Mar 2, 2010 6:39 AM

Edited by: Mark Knapik on Mar 2, 2010 6:41 AM
0
Mark
3/2/2010 2:41:44 PM
embarcadero.delphi.intraweb 3901 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I need to create an edit type control for editing about 800 characters of data. How do I set this up?
 I need to create a web application. The web application will have a web form. On the web form, there will be a large text box type control that will allow people to enter in about 800 characters of text into the text box. Once the text has been entered, the application user will press a "Save" button, and the text that was entered will be written to a database table. Subsequently when the application user opens the application, the web form will be populated with the data that was initially entered, and the user will be allowed to enter in or edit the data before saving it ag...

How do you get DNN to load other controls in a module into the same spot as the default view control, rather than openning a page that only contains the other control. ie clicking on an edit link just changes the control on the curernt page, it stays in the same pane as the view control and all other modules are also loaded Thanks...

setting the edit control's size relative to non-edit cell size
I have a DataGrid with dynamically added custom edit controls. Some of the strings that go into the custom control (the control might be a TreeView, or a ListBox) are long, and this does funky things to the cell size in edit mode. **I basically want the added control (e.g., a listbox) to be the width of the host cell, and 4X the height....all the time** (in the grid's ItemDataBound callback for edit) //create a new listbox, clear the edit cell's controls, and add the listbox listbox.Height = new Unit("100%") ; //this makes the listbox’s height just the hos...

Edit control is not loaded in edit mode
I have a problem that the dynamic data field edit control (such as TEXT_edit.ascx) is not loaded when in edit mode. Instead, the normal view control is loaded (such as Text.ascx). In debug I can determina the page mode is truly edit mode. Please help! Could you provide some more context: is this in a custom page with a custom column set or one of the default scaffold pages? Are you using a UIHintAttribute? Make sure the names of the display and edit versions match.Marcin DoboszSDE, ASP.NET Team, MicrosoftRead my blog This is just a thought are you using Views rather than ...

editing controls in a web user control
Hi guys!  I've got a 'portal' page, which contains several custom web user controls. My first question is: Is it possible to edit items (textbox, multiview, etc) in each web user control from the code behind of the aspx page that is holding all of them?  My second question: Would i be able to edit items in one web user control from a different web user control thats embedded in the same .aspx page? Thanks for your help! James Hello James, Yes, you can do both things. Here is how you can do it: Add public properties to your web user controls for each&nb...

"Edit Control" control
Scenario: External datawindow - last column - column size is string(2) - check is made whenever two characters have been entered then the data is validated - error during data entry - column colors are changed to highlight the error - F2 brings up a dddw - user elects to backtab to column without selectint something from the dddw - focus is reset to the dw - focus reset to the column - colors changed back to normal - original values are still visible in column. Problem: When a new keystroke is entered after above occurs the colum is immediately re-validated. I have been able ...

How to control the order of tcontrols in another control [Edit]
If i do {code} for i := 1 to 10 do begin abtn := TCornerButton.Create(nil); abtn.Align := TAlignLayout.alTop; abtn.Text := floattostr(frac(now)); aVertScrollBox.AddObject(abtn); end; {code} The buttons are not in the order they were created and added. How can I control the order of these items in the verticalscrollbox? Thanks! Well after working on this for a while, and then posting the question, it occurred to me to try below: {code} for i := 1 to 10 do begin abtn := TCornerButton.Create(nil); // abtn.Align := TAlignLayout.Top; abtn.Text := f...

Custom control
 I created a custom control class like following! When in normal mode it's a div and when in edit mode it is a dropdownlist! 1 public class Label2DropDown : BoundField2 {3 private string dropMember;4 public string DropMember5 {6 get { return dropMember; }7 set { dropMember = value; }8 }9 10 ///<summary>11 ///Builds the contents of the field12 ///</summary> 13 protected override void InitializeDataCell(DataControlFieldCell cell, DataControlRowSta...

How to control the order of tcontrols in another control [Edit]
If i do {code} for i := 1 to 10 do begin abtn := TCornerButton.Create(nil); abtn.Align := TAlignLayout.alTop; abtn.Text := floattostr(frac(now)); aVertScrollBox.AddObject(abtn); end; {code} The buttons are not in the order they were created and added. How can I control the order of these items in the verticalscrollbox? Thanks! Well after working on this for a while, and then posting the question, it occurred to me to try below: {code} for i := 1 to 10 do begin abtn := TCornerButton.Create(nil); // abtn.Align := TAlignLayout.Top; abtn.Text := f...

navigate from Edit control back to the view control when the view control needs parameter in the url ( ver 2.1.2)
Hi, I am writing a module for 2.1.2. The view control is loaded based on a "&itemId=" parameter appended to the url. The module has Edit and Add controls. I use the same ascx page for both (register the same page twice as Add and Edit). Navigation to the Edit is done by using EditUrl("itemId", itemId, "Edit") and navigation to the Add is done by using EditUrl("itemId", -1, "Add"). This goes well. The problem is going back from both Edit and Add to the view, when clicking update, delete or cancel. I've tried EditUrl("itemId",itemId, "") going back from the Edit, but I get the "mid=...

Set focus to an edit control
How can I set focus to a DW edit control . I know the command to set the focus to the datawindowcontrol, but then the focus will be set to the first edit control, I want in specific situations to set the focus to an other edit control in the same datawindowcontrol. Thanks John G. You can do this with the SetColumn method. Brad John G wrote: > How can I set focus to a DW edit control . I know the > command to set the focus to the datawindowcontrol, but then > the focus will be set to the first edit control, I want in > specific situations to set the focus to an o...

ActiveX control from Intraweb [Edit]
I'm looking for an example on activating an 3rd party activeX control from an intraweb form. Specifically, I need to initialize and login to the control, then call functions based on the users actions. Thanks in advance. Edited by: Diagnostic Imaging Associates Directory of Systems Technology on May 4, 2009 9:46 AM <Diagnostic Imaging Associates Directory of Systems Technology> wrote in message news:112588@forums.codegear.com... > I'm looking for an example on activating an 3rd party activeX control from > an intraweb form. Specifically, I need to initializ...

Edit data with GridView Control ? or another control ? help
I use GrivView in ASP.Net 2.0 to show data from DataTable. And i want to edit some fields in some rows. How can I do it? If i touch EDIT button - all columns, which have ReadOnly=false, switch into EDIT mode. But I want, that in first raw I can edit 2,3 column and in second row only 3 column. How can I do it ? ...

Web resources about - IWDBEdit control set to IWDBGridColumn.Control not editable [Edit] - embarcadero.delphi.intraweb