IW10 Cannot start service after changing standalone to service.

I had a standalone IW 10 server working fine for quite some times.  However some new customer need to run it as service.  I read the  [Changing IntraWeb application type|http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE3/en/Changing_IntraWeb_application_type] and modify my project file to :
{code}
uses
  IWInitService,
  Forms,
  IWMain,
  UTF8ContentParser,
  ServiceCheck,
  .... MyUnits...
{$R *.res}

begin
  If not ChkService('EbsAppWebSrv') and (paramstr(1) <> '/install') then // Check Service installed
    InstallSrv // Install the service
  else if paramstr(1)='APP' then // run as standalone mode
  begin
    Application.Initialize;
    Application.Title := 'EBS Web Inventory';
    Application.CreateForm(TformIWMain, formIWMain);
    Application.Run;
  end
  else // Service
  begin
    IWRun;
  end;
end.
{code}
When I add the app param, it work well as before.

When I run without the param the first time, it install the service successfully.  When I run without the param there after, it automatically exit (I think it is normal as IWRun is intended for service?)

However, when I try starting the service, the window keep complaining Error 1053 that the service did not response to the start request.

I can't find further information of what else I should do to covert the standalone version to a service version.  Please help.

Thank you in advance for your help.
0
Everich
5/4/2013 2:38:49 PM
embarcadero.delphi.intraweb 3901 articles. 1 followers. Follow

On 5/4/2013 10:38 AM, Everich Business System Ltd. Techinical Manager wrote:
> However, when I try starting the service, the window keep complaining Error 1053 that the service did not response to the start request.

Its usually permissions related:

1) See if there is an .err or .log file produced in the exe dir.

2) Try as a test running the service as admin user.

IntraWeb IRC and Web Chat:
http://www.atozed.com/intraweb/Support/IRC.aspx
0
Chad
5/5/2013 6:18:50 PM
> Its usually permissions related:
>
> 1) See if there is an .err or .log file produced in the exe dir.
>
> 2) Try as a test running the service as admin user.

Thank you for you help.

I had checked and there is no .err or .log file produced and running as admin user generate the same error when starting it up from service panel.

It just like the case when the program loop on TService.OnStart and never return true to the var param "Start".

I think that Intraweb will automatically handle those?

Still need some more suggestion for fixing the issue.  Thanks.
0
Everich
5/6/2013 1:47:19 AM
Everich Business System Ltd. Techinical Manager wrote:

> I had a standalone IW 10 server working fine for quite some times.  However some new customer need to run it as service.  I read the  [Changing IntraWeb application type|http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE3/en/Changing_IntraWeb_application_type] and modify my project file to :
> {code}
> uses
>   IWInitService,
>   Forms,
>   IWMain,
>   UTF8ContentParser,
>   ServiceCheck,
>   .... MyUnits...
> {$R *.res}
>
> begin
>   If not ChkService('EbsAppWebSrv') and (paramstr(1) <> '/install') then // Check Service installed
>     InstallSrv // Install the service
>   else if paramstr(1)='APP' then // run as standalone mode
>   begin
>     Application.Initialize;
>     Application.Title := 'EBS Web Inventory';
>     Application.CreateForm(TformIWMain, formIWMain);
>     Application.Run;
>   end
>   else // Service
>   begin
>     IWRun;
>   end;
> end.
> {code}
> When I add the app param, it work well as before.
>
> When I run without the param the first time, it install the service successfully.  When I run without the param there after, it automatically exit (I think it is normal as IWRun is intended for service?)
>
> However, when I try starting the service, the window keep complaining Error 1053 that the service did not response to the start request.
>
> I can't find further information of what else I should do to covert the standalone version to a service version.  Please help.
>
> Thank you in advance for your help.

Hi,

This error suggests me that IWRun is trying to show the main form...

Please try this:

{code}
uses
  IWInitService,
  Forms,
  IWMain,
  UTF8ContentParser,
  ServiceCheck,
  .... MyUnits...
{$R *.res}

begin
  If not ChkService('EbsAppWebSrv') and (paramstr(1) <> '/install') then // Check Service installed
    InstallSrv // Install the service
  else if paramstr(1)='APP' then // run as standalone mode
  begin
    Application.Initialize;
    Application.Title := 'EBS Web Inventory';
    Application.CreateForm(TformIWMain, formIWMain);
    Application.Run;
  end
  else // Service
  begin
    IWInitService.IWRun;  // <- Explicitly call IWInitService.IWRun
  end;
end.
{code}

Let me know if it worked

Best regards
0
Alexandre
5/6/2013 1:23:11 PM
> {quote:title=Alexandre Machado wrote:}
> Hi,
>
> This error suggests me that IWRun is trying to show the main form...
>
> Please try this:
>
> {code}
> uses
>   IWInitService,
>   Forms,
>   IWMain,
>   UTF8ContentParser,
>   ServiceCheck,
>   .... MyUnits...
> {$R *.res}
>
> begin
>   If not ChkService('EbsAppWebSrv') and (paramstr(1) <> '/install') then // Check Service installed
>     InstallSrv // Install the service
>   else if paramstr(1)='APP' then // run as standalone mode
>   begin
>     Application.Initialize;
>     Application.Title := 'EBS Web Inventory';
>     Application.CreateForm(TformIWMain, formIWMain);
>     Application.Run;
>   end
>   else // Service
>   begin
>     IWInitService.IWRun;  // <- Explicitly call IWInitService.IWRun
>   end;
> end.
> {code}
>
> Let me know if it worked
>
> Best regards

Thank you for your help and sorry for late reply.  I changed to your code that Explicitly call IWInitService.IWRun but the result is the same.  Actually I tried to use the service only project code (exactly same as suggested in embarcadero help in changing from standalone to service) and the result is also same.  So I think it is not related to IWMain take over from IWInitService.

I know IW10 is old but this project need IE6 support which make me cannot convert it to later IW version....
0
Everich
5/13/2013 3:38:51 AM
> {quote:title=Everich Business System Ltd. Techinical Manager wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=Alexandre Machado wrote:}
> > Hi,
> >
> > This error suggests me that IWRun is trying to show the main form...
> >
> > Please try this:
> >
> > {code}
> > uses
> >   IWInitService,
> >   Forms,
> >   IWMain,
> >   UTF8ContentParser,
> >   ServiceCheck,
> >   .... MyUnits...
> > {$R *.res}
> >
> > begin
> >   If not ChkService('EbsAppWebSrv') and (paramstr(1) <> '/install') then // Check Service installed
> >     InstallSrv // Install the service
> >   else if paramstr(1)='APP' then // run as standalone mode
> >   begin
> >     Application.Initialize;
> >     Application.Title := 'EBS Web Inventory';
> >     Application.CreateForm(TformIWMain, formIWMain);
> >     Application.Run;
> >   end
> >   else // Service
> >   begin
> >     IWInitService.IWRun;  // <- Explicitly call IWInitService.IWRun
> >   end;
> > end.
> > {code}
> >
> > Let me know if it worked
> >
> > Best regards
>
> Thank you for your help and sorry for late reply.  I changed to your code that Explicitly call IWInitService.IWRun but the result is the same.  Actually I tried to use the service only project code (exactly same as suggested in embarcadero help in changing from standalone to service) and the result is also same.  So I think it is not related to IWMain take over from IWInitService.
>
> I know IW10 is old but this project need IE6 support which make me cannot convert it to later IW version....

Hi,

if you create a new empty project as a service does it work? Which version of IW 10 are you using? Latest 10.0.23?
0
Alexandre

Windows Service
I have two services - A and B I have to start Service B, on OnStart method of Service A. How to do this? Thanks    Well your service A would have a overriden method called on_start. Here you will need to use the servicecontroller and iterate through all services on the local machine to identify Service B. This can be a unique service name. Once you have found Service B you can start it.You however need to understand about permissions, depending on what context Service A is running under, it may or may not have enough permissions to start another service. ...

Delphi XE5 / Intraweb 14 Standalone: can't run as Service
I've just bought XE5 which has Intraweb 14 included. I've written a simple Intraweb standalone app which runs fine in debug mode. However if I install it as a Windows Service and try to run http://127.0.0.1:8888/$/start I simply get "Unable to connect". I don't have any problems with ones I wrote previously in XE(1). Just to recap on things I've checked: I have changed TIWStart.Execute(True->False); I have switched off all anti-virus and tried it on other machines. I have installed it as a Service, checked it was there in Services and right click started ...

Starting a service after all other services with init script
Hello, I'm creating an OpenSuse based embedded system that mostly consists of a Qt/Embedded application � since it should function as an appliance, I want to have it boot, then immediately start that application without user intervention. The only way I'm aware of of doing this with OpenSuse is to create a custom init script. I have done so, using /etc/init.d/skelton as a basis. It pretty much just consist of an INIT INFO section, followed by an invokation of another bash script only when the init script is called with the "start" argument. The Qt/E program...

Starting SQL Anywhere Services
SQL Anywhere 5.5.05 #2764 Win2k advanced Server Hi, I'm having some problems starting the SQL Network Server as a service through Terminal Services running in remote administration mode. Ok, the database Engine [dbsrv50] is not running on the server at this point. I have checked the command line on the local Server and the service and I have started the Service under the local system account interactively. When I log on through the Terminal Service Client under the administrator account the database engine is not available.However I do know that the SQL Network Service is ru...

How to get Sysam service to start before Jaguar service
Any suggestions on how to get the sysam service to start before the jaguar service, so that jaguar starts up in AdvancedEdition mode, and not developer mode? Has anyone been able to setup the service dependencies in WIN2k? (if so, can you give me a hint!) Thanks, David I put the following line in my user_setenv.bat file: REM ** -- Start the CIM Repository -- call "C:\Program Files\Sybase\CIMRepository-3_0_0\bin\repository.bat" Jonathan -- Jonathan Baker eBusiness Division Sybase, Inc. "David Renton" <drenton_nospamme_@winmill....

Starting SysAM service befor sqlserver service
Hi, We are using unified logins. The issue we have is that for this to be working when we reboot the sysam service needs to be started before the sqlserver service. Using winnt/system32/services.exe I am unable to do this and when I checked the registery entries it is because there is no dependsonservice registry entry for the sqlservice. I have tried to add it but the machine crashed and is in an endless loop of shutting down and restarting. Any ideas ? Thanks in Advance, Edwar ...

Cannot start service ReportServer on computer 'TECNICSTFS'. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The service did not start due to a logon failure
Hi all, I am trying to start sql server reporting services using configuration->Reporting Services Configuration but i am getting that error "Cannot start service ReportServer on computer 'TECNICSTFS'. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The service did not start due to a logon failure"  Here 'TECNICSTFS' is our computer name. Any help  Regards  Brijesh Singh   Hi, The Report Server Service requires an account to run. You can set this account through the MMC Service throung the control panel or by using the RS Configuration...

My DSL service has changed to a web based service, help
Qwest has changed the hosting of their DSL service to a Hot-Mail type of service. Their customer support doesn't offer any help to setup TB on this new service. My wife used OE on this service and I was able to get hers working with both her old and new account. Some things I had to change for her OE were and I can't find where in TB: InComing Mail Server pop3 [995]? OutGoing Mail Server smpt (25) this is OK. And where do I enter a password for this new service? Thanks, -- Keith KDS wrote: > Qwest has changed the hosting of their DSL service to...

Event viewer: AVG6 Service service hung on starting.
I'm using NT4 Sp6a with ZAF 3.1.291, and AVG free doesn't start properly. The email scans appear to work, and the manual and scheduled file scans also work fine, but the resident component is not running. The AVG control panel also has the resident page greyed out. I've tried booting without starting up ZAF, but that didn't help. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks. Max "Max" <megamax@rogers.com> wrote in message news:3D836788.78D19A9F@rogers.com... | AVG free doesn't start properly. | The email scans appear to work, and the manual and...

Changing service start order
How can I change the order that services start withing a run-level? normally I would just change the symlink to a higher number, but chkconfig (I'm assmuning) keeps changing it back to it's default. Every time I run the run the runlevel editor within yast, it resets. (I know I probably shouldn't change it manually). Specifically, I need to move slpd down (later). it's starting too early, before my network card comes up, and fails initialization. If I start if from the command line, or move if a few scripts down, it starts fine. I have noticed that within the init scri...

Services For Netware v.5.02 Service Pack 2 Windows Services for Netware Service Pack 2
The Windows Services For Netware 5.02 (Service Pack 2) provides a cumulative roll up of updates and services that have been offered since the release of Windows Services For Netware 5.0. SFN SP2 offers substantial improvements to the Directory Synchronization and File Migration Utility since the initial release of the Microsoft Windows Services For Netware 5.0 software product. The Windows Services for Netware Service Pack 2 offers two updates for download: MSDSSSP2 and FPNWSP2. http://makeashorterlink.com/?V689333A5 -- Regard: Joh@nnes "If U know neither the enemy nor yours...

Consuming a .NET web service in Delphi 2010 using a service reference
Hi, I've been asked to modify one of my existing applications (D2010 Win32) to interact with a web service written under VS2010/.Net 4. The information I have so far is :- "As communication is secured by .NET WsHttpBinding data encrypting, In order to consume it you have to add to your application a Service Reference (not a web reference) that joins the service available at the URL: http://ctm.mobilling.it/SmsComApi/Sms.svc . Assuming that the binding created in your app.confing is named "WSHttpBinding_ISms" you have to instantiate a client as shown below: {c...

The Novell Service Location service failed to start due to the following error:
The Novell Service Location service failed to start due to the following error: A device attached to the system is not functioning. Beta client 4.91 SP4 060607 I can start it with serviwin http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/serviwin.html which means that there is no corruption of any kind etc It was not happening with SP2 Anybody any idea? Thanks Seb "Sebastian Cerazy" <sebastian.cerazy@(nospam)spgs.org> wrote: > The Novell Service Location service failed to start due to > the following error: > > A device attached to the system is not...

Web Service Executing a Process and NETWORK SERVICE changing the Time Zone
Evening all, I have been doing .net for abotu 6 years, so i'm not exactly a novice, whoever all of us are learning on a daily basis. My issue it the following.  I developed a window application, that sends a web request, to my server where it will execute a a c# console application like as per below:    [WebMethod] public bool ExecuteProcess(string strProcessName, int intRunId, int intConnectionID) { bool blReturnProcess = false; System.Diagnostics.Process Proc = new System.Diagnostics.Process(); ...

Can't start SQL Server as a service using AT scheduling service
Here are the details of the server; COMPAQ Proliant 4500, Quad Pentium-100, 256MB RAM, 12GB drive space MS Windows NT 4.0 Enterprise with Service Pack 6 Adaptive Server Enterprise 11.5 for Windows NT Here is what I have attempted so far; 1) starts using Sybase Central. 2) from the command line issued the net start command (i.e. net start "Sybase SQLServer _ data_5rd_nt") and this works. Also starts Sybase BCKServer this way as well. 3) created a batch file containing the net start command, executed from the command line, and this works as well. (Again, this works ...

NT4 SP5 ASA 6.0.03 service start: service hung
I am using ASA 6.0.03 on an NT 4.0 machine running SP5 and would like to have my databases start as a service (I have 3 dbs, one service has two in it and another has only one). When I have them set to automatic start, they log a message to the event log reporting that each service is hung. ("The Adaptive Server Anywhere - DevTrack service hung on starting." Event ID 7022) When I start the service from Sybase Central, I get "Would you like to continue waiting for the operation to complete?" It seems NT will not wait, but Sybase Central lets you prolong the timeo...

Datasnap Server XE2 as Service + Mobile Connectors = service don't start
Hi, I have a datasnap server xe2 running as service, no problems, but the client wanna access the data from his android phone. I start to build a test application with the mobile connectors. As VCL Forms I manage to connect and use reversestring and echostring, but when I rebuilt the application as a service I can't even start the service. Anyone??? Thanks.... > {quote:title=Jose Bernardo wrote:}{quote} > Hi, > > I have a datasnap server xe2 running as service, no problems, but the client wanna access the data from his android phone. > > I start to bu...

Changing URL in web.config for web service
I added a web reference to asmx file. In web.config - it adds - undefinedadd key="CoreService.CoreServices" value="http://test/CoreServices.asmx I then change it to <add key="CoreService.CoreServices" value="http://test2/CoreServices.asmx"/> But CoreService.CoreServices still looks for http://test/CoreServices.asmx.  What else do i have to change? I think CoreService.CoreServices are hard coded into the source code.  Girijeshhttp://www.girijesh.in/ I think CoreService.CoreServices are hard coded into the source code.  Girijeshhttp://www.girijesh.in/ So no ...

change a web reference to a web service in the config file of an object used by a windows service
In my solution (visual studios 2005), I have a windows service and a business object.  The business object has a web reference to a web service.  I maid the web reference dynamic and it created an applicationSettings section in the appconfig:<configuration>           <applicationSettings>        <Objects.Properties.Settings>            <setting name="Objects_LookupService_auth"        &nbs...

Has anyone successfully used a Delphi web service client against an ENCRYPTED WCF web service server?
Has anyone successfully used a Delphi web service client against an ENCRYPTED WCF web service server? Which is to say, of course, that the URL would be starting with https. Anyone? ...

Intraweb XIV Service SA Build
Hi On Intraweb XIV on XE2 C++ Builder. My app is a service app with a port number set that is read from an ini file. When I want to set the port number in onConfig on the serverController. I get an error that read of address is 0x000000. This tells me the controls have not yet loaded into memory. Any ideas on where I set the port number on a service Stand Alone? This is NOT a custom standalone. I have tried in many varied spots in the ServerController file and it fails with the same error. This is odd since it worked fine on previous intraweb versions. Clients prefer to choose ...

Intraweb service not starting on Windows Server 2012 R2
I've built a Intraweb Application that works just fine as a service on all of our clients except a recent one. This is the first client we have installed the service on that is using Server 2012. The service installs just fine, but fails to start with a timeout message. I've tried building an empty service with the same results. > {quote:title=Matthew Pruett wrote:}{quote} > I've built a Intraweb Application that works just fine as a service on all of our clients except a recent one. This is the first client we have installed the service on that is using Server 2012...

verified alertpay account for sell service posts and vote service Signature service
Name: mmgtgdtmposter@gmail.com Email: mmgtgdtmposteratgmaildotcom Product: Minefield Summary: verified alertpay account for sell service posts and vote service Signature service Comments: Dear admin 1.posts and vote service 2.Signature service 3.verified alertpay account for sell service Most of posters and voters follow us for two years, we are poster group please trust us, We 24 hours serve for you. We are Confidence, we will try our best Promotional your program. we are active member on MMG.TG.DTM, we will support your program on MMG.TG.DTM,If you a...

New to web services, why does PB10 web service proxy wizard say there are no services?
here... http://webservices.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/205-10-05/AWSECommerceService.wsdl oops typo... still doesn't show any services though... http://webservices.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/2005-10-05/AWSECommerceService.wsdl "Chance" <chance@booklog.com> wrote in message news:43b44cb3$1@forums-1-dub... > here... > > http://webservices.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/205-10-05/AWSECommerceService.wsdl > Upgraded to 10.2x and now seems to be working...at least it created the proxy. "Chance" <chance@booklog.co...

Web resources about - IW10 Cannot start service after changing standalone to service. - embarcadero.delphi.intraweb

Standalone software - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Standalone Sysadmin
So apparently my VPS machine isn't up to snuff yet? I'm not sure where the problem is, but it's down for now, so I've removed the redirect (and ...

Under the Hood: Integrating standalone mobile app features into Facebook for iOS - Facebook
Facebook Engineering hat eine Notiz mit dem Titel Under the Hood: Integrating standalone mobile app features into Facebook for iOS geschrieben. ...

Facebook Messenger: a New Standalone Group Messaging Mobile App Built Off Beluga
Facebook has just launched a new free standalone mobile group messaging app for iPhone and Android called Facebook Messenger . It allows users ...

45 Tips For Patch 0.45 - Tips For #DayZ Standalone - YouTube
45 tips for patch 0.45 of DayZ Standalone. In this video I provide tips for what's new in 0.45. If you learned something, please give it a like ...

Han Solo to star in second standalone Star Wars film, Lucasfilm confirms
Yes, that's right, another Star Wars movie. The iconic Star Wars character Han Solo is to be the subject of the second standalone Star Wars spin-off ...

Council mergers: City of Sydney to remain standalone council
Clover Moore has welcomed the decision to leave the City of Sydney as a standalone council.

Canberra needs a standalone fringe festival
A fringe festival for Canberra would provide an excellent opportunity for a program of good-quality music reflecting the innovative and stimulating ...

Frag Reel Friday: DayZ Standalone, Battlefield 4
It's been too long since we've celebrated some of the funniest and freakiest frag videos on the internet.

McDonald's opens Canada's first standalone McCafe in Toronto
Competition is brewing in the coffee business as McDonald's Canada opens its first stand-alone McCafe in a new play for the billions Canadians ...