IntraWeb with C Builder 2007

I have downloaded the latest registered version of IntraWeb (9.042) and the test version of 10.0.

I use the VCL for Internet Wizard to create the initial empty project.

I then compile / link the IntraWeb application which runs.

As soon as I close the application, I get an EAccess Error.

I haven't added ANY code.

It is crashing in the ServerController's base deconstructor when trying to free a string.

Since the source isn't provided, I don't why it is crashing.

Has any one actually used IntraWeb with C Builder 2007 successfully?

I have spent all day trying to find an answer and I am just getting more & more frustrated.

Any help would be appreciated.

Best Regards,

Shane
0
Shane
8/31/2008 8:53:49 PM
embarcadero.delphi.intraweb 3901 articles. 1 followers. Follow

<Shane Stump> wrote in message news:8924@forums.codegear.com...
>I have downloaded the latest registered version of IntraWeb (9.042) and the
>test version of 10.0.

There are some issues with C++ 2007, although not the one you mentioned. See
here for work arounds:
http://www.atozed.com/intraweb/blog/20080719A.aspx

IW10 still has install issues for C++, we are working on them as a priority.
http://www.atozed.com/IntraWeb/Download/Files/TestFiles.aspx

> I then compile / link the IntraWeb application which runs.
>
> As soon as I close the application, I get an EAccess Error.

Do you see this when running Guess? Its likely that you have session shut
down code, or your session when shutting down is what is AVing.

> Has any one actually used IntraWeb with C Builder 2007 successfully?

Yes.

--
Chad Z. Hower a.k.a. Kudzu
http://www.KudzuWorld.com

> > As soon as I close the application, I get an EAccess Error.
>
> Do you see this when running Guess? Its likely that you have session shut
> down code, or your session when shutting down is what is AVing.

Chad as I mentioned in my previous message, I have NOT ADDED ANY CODE! I just compiled the "blank" application that the IntraWeb wizard created, launched it, and when I close it down, I get an EAccess Violation in the base deconstructor of the User Session object.

I will try the Guess demo and see if it happens.

Best Regards,

Shane
0
Shane
9/1/2008 9:29:21 PM
Chad,

> Do you see this when running Guess? Its likely that you have session shut
> down code, or your session when shutting down is what is AVing.

The only demo programs available for C Builder are versions for C Builder 5 / 6.

C Builder 2007 has problems loading both versions 5/6 of the Guess projects.

Do you have a version for C Builder 2007?

Best Regards,

Shane
0
Shane
9/2/2008 3:52:45 AM
<Shane Stump> wrote in message news:9327@forums.codegear.com...
> The only demo programs available for C Builder are versions for C Builder
> 5 / 6.
>
> C Builder 2007 has problems loading both versions 5/6 of the Guess
> projects.

Does the conversion not work? I converted the CB6 one a few weeks ago and it
worked fine.

> Do you have a version for C Builder 2007?

No. For Delphi we maintain them in D7, and this allows all versions of
Delphi from 5 to 2009 to load them. CB however is quite difficult to
maintain demos because each version is incompatible. It is also why there
are so few demos in C++. For 2009 a user has ported several demos.

--
Chad Z. Hower a.k.a. Kudzu
http://www.KudzuWorld.com
> {quote:title=Chad Hower wrote:}{quote}
> <Shane Stump> wrote in message news:9327@forums.codegear.com...
> > The only demo programs available for C Builder are versions for C Builder
> > 5 / 6.
> >
> > C Builder 2007 has problems loading both versions 5/6 of the Guess
> > projects.
>
> Does the conversion not work? I converted the CB6 one a few weeks ago and it
> worked fine.
>
> > Do you have a version for C Builder 2007?

Conversion fails to convert / load the project because of OLE problem.

I am still trying to figure out what is the best way to fix the EAccess Violation on shutdown?

I guess I will keep trying to get a project going and I will shutdown the application from the IDE and thus just terminate the application.

I have C Builder 2009 on order and hopefully that will fix the problem ... but my experience with each new C Builder versions is I get a lot of fixes and a lot of "new things to fix" <BG>!

Best Regards,

Shane
0
Shane
9/3/2008 3:29:55 AM
I'm not seeing that here. But I do konw that the 9.x installer had a lot of
C++ issues. I returend July 1 and bascially all C++ support was completey
broken as you can see by the blog posts.

I'll set up a clean 2007 VM this week and see if I can reproduce it. Normaly
2007 users would not have access to 10, however for C++ users are likely to
make some sort of exception although exactly what is not determined yet.

C++ support is very important and we are working on it. I know the current
10 install has C++ issues as well. We've done more work on that already this
week and hope to have a new test release (10.0.1) soon.

--
Chad Z. Hower a.k.a. Kudzu
http://www.KudzuWorld.com
<Shane Stump> wrote in message news:9265@forums.codegear.com...

>> > As soon as I close the application, I get an EAccess Error.
>>
>> Do you see this when running Guess? Its likely that you have session shut
>> down code, or your session when shutting down is what is AVing.
>
> Chad as I mentioned in my previous message, I have NOT ADDED ANY CODE! I
> just compiled the "blank" application that the IntraWeb wizard created,
> launched it, and when I close it down, I get an EAccess Violation in the
> base deconstructor of the User Session object.
>
> I will try the Guess demo and see if it happens.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Shane
0
Chad
9/3/2008 3:32:20 AM
Chad,

IF there isn't much market for C Builder 2007, I can wait for C Builder 2009 - I have the upgrade on order and I won't have my web application ready before the end of September for my users.

I can keep developing in C Builder 2007 for now and just shutting down my application from the IDE.

Best Regards,

Shane
0
Shane
9/3/2008 3:43:03 AM
Chad,

I am reinstalling C Builder 2007 on my machine because I am figuring out based on others comments that my problems may all be on my end!

Please don't do anything time consuming on my behalf until you hear back from me on C Builder 2007.

Best Regards,

Shane
0
Shane

IntraWeb with C Builder 2007 #2
Chad, Well, I spend another 15 hours reformatting my secondary development machine, installed C Builder 2007 with all my third party libraries, and then installed IntraWeb 10.0. I am having the same problem ... I even dropped back to the latest registered version 9.042 and a DO-NOTHING IntraWeb application blows up in TIWServerControllerBase. I HAVE ADDED NO CODE AT THIS POINT.... I then tried to see if I could continue my project by creating a base TIWAppFormBase class. using the inherited method outlined in the help. I get another EAccessError.... Would it be possible to ge...

Anyone using IntraWeb with C++Builder? Can we add an IntraWeb Forum?
The Delphi forums have an active forum for IntraWeb. Is there any chance of adding an Intraweb or VCL for Web forum for C++Builder. Maybe the forum manager can just add the name IntraWeb to one of the existing internet forums. That would be easy. Also the activity on the C++B forums is slowing down so maybe consolidate the Web, Internet, and SQL forums all into one. Patrick ...

C Builder 2007 with IntraWeb 10.0 Bug...
The IntraWeb components do NOT show up in the Tool Palette (they do in 9.043). The TMS IntraWeb components do though. Any idea on how to fix this? BTW, I do have the dclIntraWeb_100_100.bpl installed. All the components show from the included Design Packages Components button dialog, but they do NOT show up in the Tool Palette! Best Regards, Shane 10.x is still a test release. We are looking into this. -- Chad Z. Hower a.k.a. Kudzu http://www.KudzuWorld.com "Programming is an art form that fights back" <Shane Stump> wrote in message news:9760@forum...

Experience Delphi + Intraweb Developer with some C++ builder available
I have +/- 28 yrs exp in IT +/- 15 yrs in Delphi (since Delphi 2) 18 months C++ builder 2 years solid intraweb development (IW10,IW11,IW12) Demo available at http://www.spyderapps.com/spyderlog/spyderlog.dll Business applications experience covering a broad spectrum, ERP, POS, Import/Export, Ware Housing, Insurance, Financial to name a few location Durban: South Africa Available for Local and Remote working Please contact me directly if interested regards Sean Webb Hi Sean, did you get my PM? Regards, Stefan > {quote:title=sean webb wrote:}{quote} >...

How do I install Delphi 2007 components into C++Builder 2007?
Hi Folks, I have a Delphi component that installs into Delphi 2007, and it then appears in the tool palette. That's all fine. When I then run C++Builder 2007, I can see that my component package is already installed, and can even uninstall and re-install it, but the component doesn't appear in the tool palette. What must I do to get it to appear in the palette for C++Builder? -- Simon <Simon Armstrong> wrote in message news:5932@forums.codegear.com... > What must I do to get it to appear in the palette for C++Builder? Did you enable the "Generate all...

IntraWEB C++Builder examples?
Where we can find examples in C++? Delphi does not interest us. Thanks. > {quote:title=Natali Portman wrote:}{quote} > Where we can find examples in C++? Delphi does not interest us. > Thanks. Hi Natali, most IntraWeb demos are written in Delphi, but you can find a port of classic Guess demo in C++ Builder here: http://iwxiidemos.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/view/78192 Choose Atozed, and then GuessCPP We are working to port more Delphi demos to C++ Builder. Best regards > We are working to port more Delphi demos to C++ Builder. Thank you very much! ...

Intraweb XI Delphi 2007
Hello. I would like to try Intraweb XI for delphi 2007, but when I try to install the evaluation version 11.0.60 selector delphi version is not listed and does not install the bpl. This is the path from where you download the installation package: http://downloads.atozed.com/intraweb/iw11.0.60.exe With version 10.0.23 I have no problem and installed correctly. greetings and thanks > {quote:title=pedro sanchez martinez wrote:}{quote} > Hello. > > I would like to try Intraweb XI for delphi 2007, but when I try to install the evaluation version 11.0.60 selector delphi...

problem of converting from C++ Builder 6 to C++ Builder 2007
Hi, A program which was developed by our partner was built fine with C++ Builder 6. Now I need to make some changes to it. We bought C++ Builder 2007 a few weeks ago. When I open the program with C++ Builder 2007, I was told that the project needs to be converted. I agreed. Then when I compile it, some errors happen: [BCC32 Error] ComCtrls.hpp(435): E2272 Identifier expected [BCC32 Error] ComCtrls.hpp(3880): E2272 Identifier expected [BCC32 Error] ComCtrls.hpp(4658): E2272 Identifier expected ...... Anybody has any idea how to fix it? Thanks, Allen In article <14040@f...

Convert to C++ Builder XE from C++ Builder 6 and 2007
Any information regarding the roadblocks of converting the code build in C++ Builder 6,2007 to C++ Builder XE? On 6/20/2012 8:20 AM, Girish Duddu wrote: > Any information regarding the roadblocks of converting the code build in C++ Builder 6,2007 to C++ Builder XE? The big change is the default string in XE is UnicodeString rather than AnsiString. All VCL String properites (Text, etc.) are Unicode in XE. There are good white papers regarding making this transition on the Embarcadero EDN site. I found that most of the changes I had to make fell into two categories: 1) Places...

Upgrading Code from C++ Builder 4 to C++ Builder 2007
I am working on project written in C++ Builder 4, it uses TMS Component pack. Now the TMS Component pack has been upgraded so i do not find any compatible version of TMS Component to use with C++ Builder 4. I need to upgrade my code from C++ Builder 4 to C++ Builder 2007. I want to know whether code written in C++ Builder 4 is feasible with C++ Builder 2007. Thanks Arshdeep wrote: > I want to know whether code written in C++ Builder 4 is feasible > with C++ Builder 2007. Feisible, but do take into account that there have been RTL/VCL changes between BCB4 and CB2007, so y...

sgcWebSockets for C++ Builder 6
The library documentation and the install readme says that the project, who was build for Delphi, works as well for C++ Builder. [http://www.esegece.com/manual/sgcWebSockets.pdf] a) All Delphi/C++Builder Versions: Add the directory {$DIR}\source to the library path How can I run delphi code in a C++ Builder Project? Is it possible? > {quote:title=Eliseu Martins Gomes wrote:}{quote} > The library documentation and the install readme says that the project, who was build for Delphi, works as well for C++ Builder. Most Delphi components are usable in C++Builder...

Intraweb XII
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_6fec0.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" This is the C++ Builder version of Guess Intraweb demo. Used C++ Builder XE2 + latest Intraweb 12.2.3 Regards --JivePart=_6fec0.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: application/zip; name="GuessCPP.zip" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="GuessCPP.zip" UEsDBBQAAAAIAA6osECP+9p/6AAAAJkCAAARAAAAVX...

C++equivalent of Delphi code used in IntraWeb?
I am trying to work out what the equivalent of the following piece of Delphi code from the IntraWeb FishFactsDM demo would be in C++. Any one got any ideas? procedure TIWForm1.IWDBGrid1ColumnsTitleClick(Sender: TObject); begin DataModule1.cdsCUSTOMER.IndexFieldNames := TIWDBGridColumn(Sender).DataField end; This is as far as I have been able to get... void __fastcall TIWForm5::IWDBGrid1Columns1TitleClick(TObject *Sender) { UserSession()->ClientDataSet1->IndexFieldNames= } I worked it out finaly... void __fastcall TIWForm5::IWDBGrid1Columns1TitleClick(TObject ...

Intraweb 12.1.24 and TimeOutResponse demo from version Intraweb XI in delphi XE2 Update 3
Hello I'm very new in Intraweb and until now everything look fine. I'm looking for dev. tools for new application and I’m now testing IW XII. IW demo XI TimeOutResponse I don't understood very well. What should happen here. After 1 min of idle time after I push button in my browser I should get a Timeout.html page, but this is not happened. Maybe I do something wrong or I don't understand demo. Please give me some hints or correction? Thanks, Simon simon krizaj wrote: > Hello > I'm very new in Intraweb and until now everything look fine. I'...

Web resources about - IntraWeb with C Builder 2007 - embarcadero.delphi.intraweb

HTC Droid Incredible 4G surfaces on Verizon intraweb
Verizon's HTC Droid Incredible 4G may be closer to hiting the market. Android Central has posted an internal advisory letting its employees know ...

Nikki Gloudeman (@NikkiGloudeman) on Twitter

Latest apps in Developer Tools and tmssoftware.com - CNET Australia
CNET CNET Australia CNET is available in the following editions: Asia Australia China France Germany Japan United Kingdom USA Home Phones Computers ...

SwissDelphiCenter.ch : English
All about Borland Delphi. Programming tips, downloads, forums, news, topsites, newsletter whats new ¦ programming tips ¦ indy articles ¦ intraweb ...

“Milltown Pride” Review
In the summer of 2009, a small flare-up occurred between Bob Jones University and the fundamentalist publishing house Sword of the Lord. The ...

From my position... On the way!
From my position... On the way!

Logical Reasonings - Most Strongly Supported
One nurse's 'helpful' advice leads to a solid conviction, the Phoenix Police Force take their fight on crime to a whole new level, and a Texas ...

Pregnant Carrie Underwood and Husband Mike Fisher Baby Divorce Feud; Discuss Marriage Meat Compromise ...
For months the intrawebs have been filled with rumors that Carrie Underwood and her professional hockey playing husband Mike Fisher are either ...

How To Write a Persuasive Blog Post
Persuasion is an art and a science. Teaching the art is hard but the science is rather simple. Today I want to share with you five key characteristics ...

Google Chimes In To Let Customers Know Their Nexus 7 Pre-Orders Are Indeed Shipping Out
The intrawebs have been buzzing all day with Nexus 7 news. Some retailers are selling them, then they’re not selling them; a few lucky people ...