IntraWeb with C Builder 2007 #2

Chad,

Well, I spend another 15 hours reformatting my secondary development machine, installed C Builder 2007 with all my third party libraries, and then installed IntraWeb 10.0.

I am having the same problem ... I even dropped back to the latest registered version 9.042 and a DO-NOTHING IntraWeb application blows up in TIWServerControllerBase.

I HAVE ADDED NO CODE AT THIS POINT....

I then tried to see if I could continue my project by creating a base TIWAppFormBase class. using the inherited method outlined in the help.

I get another EAccessError....

Would it be possible to get the source code so I can trace into it and figure out what is going in?

At this point, I am not sure what to do.... I am going to have a hard time convincing my partner to spend any more $ on upgrading our license because we have spent over $1300 on IntraWeb over the last several years and we have yet to produce anything with it. Every time we try, we hit a brick wall in the beginning.

I have rebuild several of our larger software projects on the newly formatted machine and none of them have any problems so I don't believe it is a setup error.

Please give me some direction - I really need to get a web module going and I have already wasted most of this week not even being able to product a "Hello World" application with IntraWeb.

Best Regards,

SHane
0
Shane
9/5/2008 4:49:36 AM
embarcadero.delphi.intraweb 3901 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I'll contact you shortly. Do you have skype?

--
Chad Z. Hower a.k.a. Kudzu
http://www.KudzuWorld.com
<Shane Stump> wrote in message news:10911@forums.codegear.com...
> Chad,
>
> Well, I spend another 15 hours reformatting my secondary development
> machine, installed C Builder 2007 with all my third party libraries, and
> then installed IntraWeb 10.0.
>
> I am having the same problem ... I even dropped back to the latest
> registered version 9.042 and a DO-NOTHING IntraWeb application blows up in
> TIWServerControllerBase.
>
> I HAVE ADDED NO CODE AT THIS POINT....
>
> I then tried to see if I could continue my project by creating a base
> TIWAppFormBase class. using the inherited method outlined in the help.
>
> I get another EAccessError....
>
> Would it be possible to get the source code so I can trace into it and
> figure out what is going in?
>
> At this point, I am not sure what to do.... I am going to have a hard time
> convincing my partner to spend any more $ on upgrading our license because
> we have spent over $1300 on IntraWeb over the last several years and we
> have yet to produce anything with it. Every time we try, we hit a brick
> wall in the beginning.
>
> I have rebuild several of our larger software projects on the newly
> formatted machine and none of them have any problems so I don't believe it
> is a setup error.
>
> Please give me some direction - I really need to get a web module going
> and I have already wasted most of this week not even being able to product
> a "Hello World" application with IntraWeb.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> SHane
0
Chad
9/5/2008 3:20:39 PM
I will download / set Skype up on my development machine.

I haven't used Skype since I was in Europe in June and I have reformatted my machine recently!

I will try the Skype contact information you posted once it is setup.

BTW, I will be out of the office in about 1.5 hours for most of the afternoon taking my wife to her chemo treatment.

Best Regards,

Shane

> {quote:title=Chad Hower wrote:}{quote}
> I'll contact you shortly. Do you have skype?
>
> --
> Chad Z. Hower a.k.a. Kudzu
> http://www.KudzuWorld.com
> "Programming is an art form that fights back"
> <Shane Stump> wrote in message news:10911@forums.codegear.com...
> > Chad,
> >
> > Well, I spend another 15 hours reformatting my secondary development
> > machine, installed C Builder 2007 with all my third party libraries, and
> > then installed IntraWeb 10.0.
> >
> > I am having the same problem ... I even dropped back to the latest
> > registered version 9.042 and a DO-NOTHING IntraWeb application blows up in
> > TIWServerControllerBase.
> >
> > I HAVE ADDED NO CODE AT THIS POINT....
> >
> > I then tried to see if I could continue my project by creating a base
> > TIWAppFormBase class. using the inherited method outlined in the help.
> >
> > I get another EAccessError....
> >
> > Would it be possible to get the source code so I can trace into it and
> > figure out what is going in?
> >
> > At this point, I am not sure what to do.... I am going to have a hard time
> > convincing my partner to spend any more $ on upgrading our license because
> > we have spent over $1300 on IntraWeb over the last several years and we
> > have yet to produce anything with it. Every time we try, we hit a brick
> > wall in the beginning.
> >
> > I have rebuild several of our larger software projects on the newly
> > formatted machine and none of them have any problems so I don't believe it
> > is a setup error.
> >
> > Please give me some direction - I really need to get a web module going
> > and I have already wasted most of this week not even being able to product
> > a "Hello World" application with IntraWeb.
> >
> > Best Regards,
> >
> > SHane
0
Shane
9/5/2008 3:25:32 PM
FYI - this is being handled offline. We know the C++ support is lacking
(sucks) in current builds. Thats the way it was when I rejoined Atozed - but
it is a priority and we are working to fix it. I've made several blogs post
on already and we are now having more resources available wtih Tiburon
completed.

--
Chad Z. Hower a.k.a. Kudzu
http://www.KudzuWorld.com
<Shane Stump> wrote in message news:10911@forums.codegear.com...
> Chad,
>
> Well, I spend another 15 hours reformatting my secondary development
> machine, installed C Builder 2007 with all my third party libraries, and
> then installed IntraWeb 10.0.
>
> I am having the same problem ... I even dropped back to the latest
> registered version 9.042 and a DO-NOTHING IntraWeb application blows up in
> TIWServerControllerBase.
>
> I HAVE ADDED NO CODE AT THIS POINT....
>
> I then tried to see if I could continue my project by creating a base
> TIWAppFormBase class. using the inherited method outlined in the help.
>
> I get another EAccessError....
>
> Would it be possible to get the source code so I can trace into it and
> figure out what is going in?
>
> At this point, I am not sure what to do.... I am going to have a hard time
> convincing my partner to spend any more $ on upgrading our license because
> we have spent over $1300 on IntraWeb over the last several years and we
> have yet to produce anything with it. Every time we try, we hit a brick
> wall in the beginning.
>
> I have rebuild several of our larger software projects on the newly
> formatted machine and none of them have any problems so I don't believe it
> is a setup error.
>
> Please give me some direction - I really need to get a web module going
> and I have already wasted most of this week not even being able to product
> a "Hello World" application with IntraWeb.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> SHane
0
Chad
9/10/2008 8:57:55 PM
Everyone,

I should have posted this response SOONER (sorry)!

Any how, Chad has been helping me work through my issues with C Builder 2007 in a very professional & timely manner via email!

To make a long story short, make sure you read the link below BEFORE installing any of the IntraWeb trial / registered versions:

http://www.atozed.com/IntraWeb/Blog/20080904.EN.aspx

Best Regards,

Shane
0
Shane

IntraWeb with C Builder 2007
I have downloaded the latest registered version of IntraWeb (9.042) and the test version of 10.0. I use the VCL for Internet Wizard to create the initial empty project. I then compile / link the IntraWeb application which runs. As soon as I close the application, I get an EAccess Error. I haven't added ANY code. It is crashing in the ServerController's base deconstructor when trying to free a string. Since the source isn't provided, I don't why it is crashing. Has any one actually used IntraWeb with C Builder 2007 successfully? I have spent all day tr...

Anyone using IntraWeb with C++Builder? Can we add an IntraWeb Forum?
The Delphi forums have an active forum for IntraWeb. Is there any chance of adding an Intraweb or VCL for Web forum for C++Builder. Maybe the forum manager can just add the name IntraWeb to one of the existing internet forums. That would be easy. Also the activity on the C++B forums is slowing down so maybe consolidate the Web, Internet, and SQL forums all into one. Patrick ...

C Builder 2007 with IntraWeb 10.0 Bug...
The IntraWeb components do NOT show up in the Tool Palette (they do in 9.043). The TMS IntraWeb components do though. Any idea on how to fix this? BTW, I do have the dclIntraWeb_100_100.bpl installed. All the components show from the included Design Packages Components button dialog, but they do NOT show up in the Tool Palette! Best Regards, Shane 10.x is still a test release. We are looking into this. -- Chad Z. Hower a.k.a. Kudzu http://www.KudzuWorld.com "Programming is an art form that fights back" <Shane Stump> wrote in message news:9760@forum...

Experience Delphi + Intraweb Developer with some C++ builder available
I have +/- 28 yrs exp in IT +/- 15 yrs in Delphi (since Delphi 2) 18 months C++ builder 2 years solid intraweb development (IW10,IW11,IW12) Demo available at http://www.spyderapps.com/spyderlog/spyderlog.dll Business applications experience covering a broad spectrum, ERP, POS, Import/Export, Ware Housing, Insurance, Financial to name a few location Durban: South Africa Available for Local and Remote working Please contact me directly if interested regards Sean Webb Hi Sean, did you get my PM? Regards, Stefan > {quote:title=sean webb wrote:}{quote} >...

C++ Builder XE2 Intraweb XIV (WebApplication->Terminate) #2
Posted: May 22, 2013 2:26 AM In C++ Builder XE2 on Intraweb XIV I don't get a display when I do: WebApplication->Terminate(L"Thank You"); In debug mode the error thrown is: "Uninitialized reply" This worked in previous versions. Same goes for terminate and redirect. Any ideas > {quote:title=Peter Buchan wrote:}{quote} > Posted: May 22, 2013 2:26 AM > > In C++ Builder XE2 on Intraweb XIV I don't get a display when I do: > > WebApplication->Terminate(L"Thank You"); > > In debug mode the error thrown ...

How do I install Delphi 2007 components into C++Builder 2007?
Hi Folks, I have a Delphi component that installs into Delphi 2007, and it then appears in the tool palette. That's all fine. When I then run C++Builder 2007, I can see that my component package is already installed, and can even uninstall and re-install it, but the component doesn't appear in the tool palette. What must I do to get it to appear in the palette for C++Builder? -- Simon <Simon Armstrong> wrote in message news:5932@forums.codegear.com... > What must I do to get it to appear in the palette for C++Builder? Did you enable the "Generate all...

Intraweb XI Delphi 2007
Hello. I would like to try Intraweb XI for delphi 2007, but when I try to install the evaluation version 11.0.60 selector delphi version is not listed and does not install the bpl. This is the path from where you download the installation package: http://downloads.atozed.com/intraweb/iw11.0.60.exe With version 10.0.23 I have no problem and installed correctly. greetings and thanks > {quote:title=pedro sanchez martinez wrote:}{quote} > Hello. > > I would like to try Intraweb XI for delphi 2007, but when I try to install the evaluation version 11.0.60 selector delphi...

IntraWEB C++Builder examples?
Where we can find examples in C++? Delphi does not interest us. Thanks. > {quote:title=Natali Portman wrote:}{quote} > Where we can find examples in C++? Delphi does not interest us. > Thanks. Hi Natali, most IntraWeb demos are written in Delphi, but you can find a port of classic Guess demo in C++ Builder here: http://iwxiidemos.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/view/78192 Choose Atozed, and then GuessCPP We are working to port more Delphi demos to C++ Builder. Best regards > We are working to port more Delphi demos to C++ Builder. Thank you very much! ...

problem of converting from C++ Builder 6 to C++ Builder 2007
Hi, A program which was developed by our partner was built fine with C++ Builder 6. Now I need to make some changes to it. We bought C++ Builder 2007 a few weeks ago. When I open the program with C++ Builder 2007, I was told that the project needs to be converted. I agreed. Then when I compile it, some errors happen: [BCC32 Error] ComCtrls.hpp(435): E2272 Identifier expected [BCC32 Error] ComCtrls.hpp(3880): E2272 Identifier expected [BCC32 Error] ComCtrls.hpp(4658): E2272 Identifier expected ...... Anybody has any idea how to fix it? Thanks, Allen In article <14040@f...

Convert to C++ Builder XE from C++ Builder 6 and 2007
Any information regarding the roadblocks of converting the code build in C++ Builder 6,2007 to C++ Builder XE? On 6/20/2012 8:20 AM, Girish Duddu wrote: > Any information regarding the roadblocks of converting the code build in C++ Builder 6,2007 to C++ Builder XE? The big change is the default string in XE is UnicodeString rather than AnsiString. All VCL String properites (Text, etc.) are Unicode in XE. There are good white papers regarding making this transition on the Embarcadero EDN site. I found that most of the changes I had to make fell into two categories: 1) Places...

Upgrading Code from C++ Builder 4 to C++ Builder 2007
I am working on project written in C++ Builder 4, it uses TMS Component pack. Now the TMS Component pack has been upgraded so i do not find any compatible version of TMS Component to use with C++ Builder 4. I need to upgrade my code from C++ Builder 4 to C++ Builder 2007. I want to know whether code written in C++ Builder 4 is feasible with C++ Builder 2007. Thanks Arshdeep wrote: > I want to know whether code written in C++ Builder 4 is feasible > with C++ Builder 2007. Feisible, but do take into account that there have been RTL/VCL changes between BCB4 and CB2007, so y...

ANN: New version of X-DBGrid Component 4.2 and X-Files Components 4.2 with support for Delphi & C++Builder 2009 !
Dear Developers, I'm pleased to announce the new version of X-DBGrid Component 4.2 and X-Files Components 4.2 has been released. What's new in version 4.2 ? ===================== - Package for Delphi 2009 Win32 & C++Builder 2009 with support for Unicode!!! - Some minor bugs fixed What's new in version 4.12 ? ====================== - Package for Delphi 2007 for .NET is now available!!! - Package for Delphi 2007 Win32 & C++Builder 2007 with Update 3!!! Notice. Update 3 for Delphi/C++Builder 2007 is required to install version 4.12....

ANN: New version of X-DBGrid Component 4.2 and X-Files Components 4.2 with support for Delphi & C++Builder 2009 !
Dear Developers, I'm pleased to announce the new version of X-DBGrid Component 4.2 and X-Files Components 4.2 has been released. What's new in version 4.2 ? ===================== - Package for Delphi 2009 Win32 & C++Builder 2009 with support for Unicode!!! - Some minor bugs fixed What's new in version 4.12 ? ====================== - Package for Delphi 2007 for .NET is now available!!! - Package for Delphi 2007 Win32 & C++Builder 2007 with Update 3!!! Notice. Update 3 for Delphi/C++Builder 2007 is required to install version 4.12....

sgcWebSockets for C++ Builder 6
The library documentation and the install readme says that the project, who was build for Delphi, works as well for C++ Builder. [http://www.esegece.com/manual/sgcWebSockets.pdf] a) All Delphi/C++Builder Versions: Add the directory {$DIR}\source to the library path How can I run delphi code in a C++ Builder Project? Is it possible? > {quote:title=Eliseu Martins Gomes wrote:}{quote} > The library documentation and the install readme says that the project, who was build for Delphi, works as well for C++ Builder. Most Delphi components are usable in C++Builder...

Web resources about - IntraWeb with C Builder 2007 #2 - embarcadero.delphi.intraweb

HTC Droid Incredible 4G surfaces on Verizon intraweb
Verizon's HTC Droid Incredible 4G may be closer to hiting the market. Android Central has posted an internal advisory letting its employees know ...

Nikki Gloudeman (@NikkiGloudeman) on Twitter

Latest apps in Developer Tools and tmssoftware.com - CNET Australia
CNET CNET Australia CNET is available in the following editions: Asia Australia China France Germany Japan United Kingdom USA Home Phones Computers ...

SwissDelphiCenter.ch : English
All about Borland Delphi. Programming tips, downloads, forums, news, topsites, newsletter whats new ¦ programming tips ¦ indy articles ¦ intraweb ...

“Milltown Pride” Review
In the summer of 2009, a small flare-up occurred between Bob Jones University and the fundamentalist publishing house Sword of the Lord. The ...

From my position... On the way!
From my position... On the way!

Logical Reasonings - Most Strongly Supported
One nurse's 'helpful' advice leads to a solid conviction, the Phoenix Police Force take their fight on crime to a whole new level, and a Texas ...

Pregnant Carrie Underwood and Husband Mike Fisher Baby Divorce Feud; Discuss Marriage Meat Compromise ...
For months the intrawebs have been filled with rumors that Carrie Underwood and her professional hockey playing husband Mike Fisher are either ...

How To Write a Persuasive Blog Post
Persuasion is an art and a science. Teaching the art is hard but the science is rather simple. Today I want to share with you five key characteristics ...

Google Chimes In To Let Customers Know Their Nexus 7 Pre-Orders Are Indeed Shipping Out
The intrawebs have been buzzing all day with Nexus 7 news. Some retailers are selling them, then they’re not selling them; a few lucky people ...