Installing Teechart 2011 VCL for use with Intraweb XE2

Please can somebody explain how to install TeeChart for Intraweb. I am using
YeeChart VCL 2011 with Intraweb XII and Delphi XE2. I have the appropriate
files from Steema but when I try to compile IW120TeeChart9_160 it needs an
icon file. Where is this supposed to be found? I copied and pasted an arbitrary
icon file in the source folder and renamed it to the name of the missing
file. I also needed (I think) to replace Tee.dcp with Tee916.dcp in the requires
list. At this point this bpl compiled.

I then went through the same process to get an icon file for DCLIW120TeeChart9_160
and get it to compile.

At this point I thought I was ready to install the component but I now get
an error message that it can't find the DCLIW120TeeChart9_160.bpl, even though
it is in the ../compiled folder. I have tried adding this to the Delphi path
and comying it into the same source folder as the other files but no joy.

What else can I try?  Why does it have to be so difficult to installa simple
component? There must be a more robust way to provide stuff ready for installation?

Thanks
   Bruce
0
Bruce
10/19/2012 8:25:46 PM
embarcadero.delphi.intraweb 3901 articles. 1 followers. Follow

The question is more for Steema , but ......

You can skip installing their component.......create yourself a unit and
use code below... if you are happy to setup graphs at runtime rather
than design time (which i am)

works for iw10,iw11,iw12 and future IWs with whatever version of Tchart
(std or pro)

sample usage .........

procedure Tmyform.IWAppFormCreate(Sender: TObject);
var i:integer;
begin
IWChart2:=TIWTChart.create(Self,formregion); // create the comp to
display on a region
IWChart2.Left:=22;
IWChart2.Top:=showmarks.Top+25;
IWChart2.Chart.Width:=943;
IWChart2.Chart.Height:=546;
//IWChart2.Chart.Chart3DPercent=StrToInt(depth.Text);
IWChart2.Chart.View3DOptions.Elevation:=300;// for Pie charts
IWChart2.Chart.Title.Font.Name:='Verdana';
IWChart2.Chart.LeftAxis.Title.Font.Name:='Verdana';
IWChart2.Chart.BottomAxis.Title.Font.Name:='Verdana';

//{$DEFINE TEECHARTSTANDARD}
//
// tchart left,top will be TIWchart size/position
// width,height will be chart.width & chart.height
// if go by tiwchart width/geight and try re-size , won't allow.....
//

unit IWTChart;

interface

uses
   Classes,controls,
   Chart, Series,jpeg,
   IWExtCtrls, IWHTMLTag, IWRenderContext,TeCanvas,TeEngine;//,TeeAntiAlias;

type
   TIWTChart=class(TIWDynamicImage)
   private
   public
     Chart: TCustomChart;
//    ChartTool:TAntiAliasTool;
     Series1: TBarSeries;
     Constructor Create(AOwner: TComponent;AParent:tWincontrol);
     Destructor Destroy; override;

     Function RenderHTML(AContext: TIWCompConText):TIWHTMLTag; override;
     procedure SaveToBmp(cFile:string);
     Procedure SaveToJpg(cFile:string);
   end;

implementation

uses
   SysUtils, Graphics, TeeProcs;

Constructor TIWTChart.Create(AOwner:TComponent;AParent:tWincontrol);
begin
   inherited Create(aOwner);
   Parent:=AParent;
   CreatePicture;
   Chart := TChart.Create(Self);
   Series1 := TBarSeries.Create(Chart); // default graph to have
tbarseries can change at runtime
   Chart.AddSeries(Series1);
   Chart.Border.Color:= clNavy;
   Chart.Border.Width := 6;
   Chart.Border.Visible := True;
   Chart.Gradient.EndColor := clGray;
   Chart.Gradient.Visible := True;
   Chart.Legend.Gradient.Direction := gdTopBottom;
   Chart.Legend.Gradient.EndColor := clYellow;
   Chart.Legend.Gradient.StartColor := clWhite;
   Chart.Legend.Gradient.Visible := True;
   Chart.Legend.Visible := False;
   Chart.AutoSize := True;
   Chart.ColorPaletteIndex := 13;
   Chart.Name := 'chart1iw';
   Chart.Left := 10;
   Chart.Top := 10;
   Chart.Width := 200;
   Chart.Height := 200;
   Chart.Title.Text.Clear;
   Chart.Title.Text.Add('TChart');
   Chart.Visible := true;
   Series1.Marks.Arrow.Visible := True;
   Series1.Marks.Callout.Brush.Color := clBlack;
   Series1.Marks.Callout.Arrow.Visible := True;
   Series1.Marks.Visible := True;
   Series1.Gradient.Direction := gdTopBottom;
   Series1.XValues.Name := 'X';
   Series1.XValues.Order := loAscending;
   Series1.YValues.Name := 'Bar';
   Series1.YValues.Order := loNone;
   Series1.Name := 'series1iw';
end;

Destructor TIWTChart.Destroy;
begin
   inherited;
end;

Function TIWTChart.RenderHTML(AContext: TIWCompConText):TIWHTMLTag;
var tmp : TBitmap;
begin
   if Assigned(Chart) then begin
     FPicture.Bitmap.Width:=Chart.Width;
     FPicture.Bitmap.Height:=Chart.Height;

     {$IFDEF TEECHARTSTANDARD}

     // For compatibility with TeeChart Standard v4.
     // Use a somewhat slower method to obtain a picture from FChart chart:

     tmp:=Chart.TeeCreateBitmap(Color,Rect(0,0,Width,Height));
     try
       FPicture.Assign(tmp);
     finally
       tmp.Free;
     end;

     {$ELSE}

     // With TeeChart Pro do a more aggressive (and fast) way to get
FChart picture:
     FPicture.Assign(Chart);
     {$ENDIF}

   end;

   result:=inherited RenderHTML(AContext);
end;

Procedure TIWTChart.SaveToBmp(cFile:string);
begin
   FPicture.SaveToFile(cFile);
end;

Procedure TIWTChart.SaveToJpg(cFile:string);
var JpegImg: TJpegImage;
begin
   JpegImg := TJpegImage.Create;
   try
    JpegImg.Assign(FPicture.Bitmap) ;
    JpegImg.SaveToFile(cFile) ;
   finally
     JpegImg.Free
   end;
end;

end.

On 19/10/2012 10:25 PM, Bruce Eglington wrote:
> Please can somebody explain how to install TeeChart for Intraweb. I am using
> YeeChart VCL 2011 with Intraweb XII and Delphi XE2. I have the appropriate
> files from Steema but when I try to compile IW120TeeChart9_160 it needs an
> icon file. Where is this supposed to be found? I copied and pasted an arbitrary
> icon file in the source folder and renamed it to the name of the missing
> file. I also needed (I think) to replace Tee.dcp with Tee916.dcp in the requires
> list. At this point this bpl compiled.
>
> I then went through the same process to get an icon file for DCLIW120TeeChart9_160
> and get it to compile.
>
> At this point I thought I was ready to install the component but I now get
> an error message that it can't find the DCLIW120TeeChart9_160.bpl, even though
> it is in the ../compiled folder. I have tried adding this to the Delphi path
> and comying it into the same source folder as the other files but no joy.
>
> What else can I try?  Why does it have to be so difficult to installa simple
> component? There must be a more robust way to provide stuff ready for installation?
>
> Thanks
>     Bruce

0
sean
10/20/2012 12:50:01 PM
Hey Bruce,

Did you get to the bottom of how to install Teechart for Intraweb XE2?
I'm having exactly the same issue.

Tony
0
Tony
10/28/2012 8:10:47 PM
Tony
  did you come right with this?  Ijust saw your enquiry. I was not able to get it to install from the IDE and project but subsequently tried something else which worked. I copied both the IW120TeeChartPro9_160.bpl and DCLIW120TeeChartPro9_160.bpl files into the C:\Program Files\Embarcadero/Rad Studio/9.0/bin folder and then was able to install the package from the Delphi "Componenet" "Install packages ..." menu by adding package DCLIW120TeeChartPro9_160.bpl

Hope this helps you or others in future. No idea why the setting the path to another locality did not work.

Bruce

> {quote:title=Tony Burgess wrote:}{quote}
> Hey Bruce,
>
> Did you get to the bottom of how to install Teechart for Intraweb XE2?
> I'm having exactly the same issue.
>
> Tony
0
Bruce
11/19/2012 7:25:49 PM
Thanks Bruce,
Actually I ended up givng up on IWchart and took another route to get my project out ..
Thanks for the tip though, I'll give it another go when time permits.
Tony

> {quote:title=Bruce Eglington wrote:}{quote}
> Tony
>   did you come right with this?  Ijust saw your enquiry. I was not able to get it to install from the IDE and project but subsequently tried something else which worked. I copied both the IW120TeeChartPro9_160.bpl and DCLIW120TeeChartPro9_160.bpl files into the C:\Program Files\Embarcadero/Rad Studio/9.0/bin folder and then was able to install the package from the Delphi "Componenet" "Install packages ..." menu by adding package DCLIW120TeeChartPro9_160.bpl
>
> Hope this helps you or others in future. No idea why the setting the path to another locality did not work.
>
> Bruce
>

> > {quote:title=Tony Burgess wrote:}{quote}
> > Hey Bruce,
> >
> > Did you get to the bottom of how to install Teechart for Intraweb XE2?
> > I'm having exactly the same issue.
> >
> > Tony
0
Tony
11/19/2012 8:06:01 PM
Hello Tony,

After getting it working again, I have been very happy and use it a lot.
The folks at Steema are also usually very helpful if one has access to their
support forum.

Bruce

> Thanks Bruce,
> Actually I ended up givng up on IWchart and took another route to get
> my project out ..
> Thanks for the tip though, I'll give it another go when time permits.
> Tony
>> {quote:title=Bruce Eglington wrote:}{quote}
>> Tony
>> did you come right with this?  Ijust saw your enquiry. I was not able
>> to get it to install from the IDE and project but subsequently tried
>> something else which worked. I copied both the
>> IW120TeeChartPro9_160.bpl and DCLIW120TeeChartPro9_160.bpl files into
>> the C:\Program Files\Embarcadero/Rad Studio/9.0/bin folder and then
>> was able to install the package from the Delphi "Componenet" "Install
>> packages ..." menu by adding package DCLIW120TeeChartPro9_160.bpl
>> Hope this helps you or others in future. No idea why the setting the
>> path to another locality did not work.
>>
>> Bruce
>>
>>> {quote:title=Tony Burgess wrote:}{quote}
>>> Hey Bruce,
>>> Did you get to the bottom of how to install Teechart for Intraweb
>>> XE2? I'm having exactly the same issue.
>>>
>>> Tony

0
Bruce

Problem for to install Intraweb XII on Delphi XE2
Hello, I have purchased an Intraweb XII Ultimate and I try to install it on My Delphi XE2 enterprise. When I have installed Delphi on my computer, I don't installed Intraweb bundle version. As is explained on the Atozed website, I have deleted all the in*.dcu files. I have obtained my licence key from Atozed. I have run the setup and enter my licence key, it's Ok. But now, when I launch Delphi XE2 I don't found the Intraweb part. could you help me please. Regards, Dany Leblanc > {quote:title=Dany Leblanc wrote:}{quote} > Hello, > > I have purchased an I...

Intraweb 12.1.24 and TimeOutResponse demo from version Intraweb XI in delphi XE2 Update 3
Hello I'm very new in Intraweb and until now everything look fine. I'm looking for dev. tools for new application and I’m now testing IW XII. IW demo XI TimeOutResponse I don't understood very well. What should happen here. After 1 min of idle time after I push button in my browser I should get a Timeout.html page, but this is not happened. Maybe I do something wrong or I don't understand demo. Please give me some hints or correction? Thanks, Simon simon krizaj wrote: > Hello > I'm very new in Intraweb and until now everything look fine. I'...

XE2 Update 3 issue when you did not install stock VCL for web (intraweb)
It takes a long time to occur in the process but update 3 is looking for intraweb files that are not there and ignore continues the process for a while, then the install fails with error 2318. It is not an admin rights issue. Please advise or fix update 3... On 12/19/2011 5:35 PM, Rudy Poseika wrote: > It takes a long time to occur in the process but update 3 > is looking for intraweb files that are not there and ignore > continues the process for a while, then the install fails with > error 2318. > > It is not an admin rights issue. I just installed XE2 w...

Intraweb with Delphi XE2
I installed trial Delphi XE2 with IntraWeb. After it worked fine 2-3 times, I always get an exception "Unknown browser type." when I try to launch any IntraWeb application in a browser. This happens for Firefox and IE. I don't have the problem with Chrome, but the IntraWeb EXE has a disabled Icon to launch Chrome. What could be the problem? Is this because it's in the trial edition? cu Christian On 9/6/2011 5:45 AM, Christian Kaufmann wrote: > After it worked fine 2-3 times, I always get an exception "Unknown > browser type." when I try to l...

Using TeeChart in Intraweb application
Hello, I read that is possible to use TeeChart in Intraweb application. Is it true for Intraweb 14.0.34 version ? Where I can finad any documentation or samples about how to show chart in Intraweb application ? Is the TeeChart version embedded in XE7 enough or a commercial version is needed ? Thank you, Davide from what i checked and tested about 6 months ago, TeeChart did have a free IW version, but they stopped updating it, and i'm almost sure they don't have newer versions for IW14 and XE7. i think the version they had didn't even supported XE6... i decided to buy ...

Problem with Delphi XE2 and the Intraweb License
Hello, where can I get older versions from intraweb ? I had downloaded the Version 12.2.29 for Delphi XE2 from the Atozed Site. The Problem is, that my License is not valid. If i look on my compiled Application it shows me Version 12.2.5 ?!?!?!? But how can i find out wich Version is the right and valid for my key ? Greetings Holger > {quote:title=Holger Frerichs wrote:}{quote} > Hello, > where can I get older versions from intraweb ? > I had downloaded the Version 12.2.29 for Delphi XE2 from the Atozed Site. > The Problem is, that my License is not valid. If i look...

Any recommended report to be used with delphi intraweb ?
need suggestion on reporting tool to be used with intraweb > {quote:title=Fuandi Hartanto wrote:}{quote} > need suggestion on reporting tool to be used with intraweb http://www.fast-report.com/en/ NOTE: If you deploy IW on ISAPI/ASPX do not leave TfrxReport component on any form, frame or data module. Otherwise been working fine for many years. I am using FastReport with good success. In a small application I have frxReport in UserSession datamodule with no problems, (need to make sure you follow tips for thread safe use) but it gets low traffic. In higher traffic appl...

delphi xe2 - ssl
I am using IntraWeb XII for Delphi XE2. We have one intraweb standalone application and the SSL is enabled in it. The site is working fine. Last week we done PCI audit and they found some issues in the SSL(SSLv3.0/ TLSv1.0 protocol weak CBC mode vulnerability)in the site. We are using the same SSL certificates in other .Net application and there isn’t any SSL issues. Re this i spoke to the atozed team and they told IntraWeb SA uses Indy HTTP server. So ask the same in this forurm or indy forum. Please a ny solution for this? ...

IntraWeb XII installation problem under XE2
Hi; Trying to be up to date with Intraweb, I got my bundle key, then downloaded latest Intraweb XII installer and followeb the next instruction: "If this is the first time you are installing IntraWeb, uninstall it using RAD Studio/Delphi Installer, choose Modify and remove VCL for the Web (for XE2, the entry name is IntraWeb only) from the list, otherwise, using the Uninstall option in the IntraWeb menu should be enough. Note: the XE2 installer installs IntraWeb files to the disk even if you remove IntraWeb. If you are installing IntraWeb on XE2, our installer removes ...

delphi xe2 - ssl
I am using IntraWeb XII for Delphi XE2. We have one intraweb standalone application and the SSL is enabled in it. The site is working fine. Last week we done PCI audit and they found some issues in the SSL(SSLv3.0/ TLSv1.0 protocol weak CBC mode vulnerability)in the site. We are using the same SSL certificates in other .Net application and there isn’t any SSL issues. Re this i spoke to the atozed team and they told IntraWeb SA uses Indy HTTP server. So ask the same in this forurm or indy forum. Please any solution for this? > {quote:title=Pramod Nair wrote:}{quote} > I am using Intr...

Anyone using IntraWeb with C++Builder? Can we add an IntraWeb Forum?
The Delphi forums have an active forum for IntraWeb. Is there any chance of adding an Intraweb or VCL for Web forum for C++Builder. Maybe the forum manager can just add the name IntraWeb to one of the existing internet forums. That would be easy. Also the activity on the C++B forums is slowing down so maybe consolidate the Web, Internet, and SQL forums all into one. Patrick ...

Intraweb ver 14. for Delphi XE2 [Edit]
Hi Is Intraweb ver 14 working with XE2 I used Intraweb ver 12.2 how i can update to Intraweb ver 14 Where can I download Intraweb ver 14 . Thanx Maher > Is Intraweb ver 14 working with XE2 this is not available yet... probably on the next release ...

C++equivalent of Delphi code used in IntraWeb?
I am trying to work out what the equivalent of the following piece of Delphi code from the IntraWeb FishFactsDM demo would be in C++. Any one got any ideas? procedure TIWForm1.IWDBGrid1ColumnsTitleClick(Sender: TObject); begin DataModule1.cdsCUSTOMER.IndexFieldNames := TIWDBGridColumn(Sender).DataField end; This is as far as I have been able to get... void __fastcall TIWForm5::IWDBGrid1Columns1TitleClick(TObject *Sender) { UserSession()->ClientDataSet1->IndexFieldNames= } I worked it out finaly... void __fastcall TIWForm5::IWDBGrid1Columns1TitleClick(TObject ...

Delphi XE2 Intraweb XII Unicode Evaluation
I use Intraweb within BDS 2006 and have a need to evaluate Intraweb under the latest version of Delphi XE2 for a unicode application and use Firefox as my browser. The evaluation version of Delphi XE2 came with IW XII 12.0.8. When I create an IW app with one button on the main form (Onlick WebApplication.Terminate("Goodbye");) I cannot get the application to start in Firefox or IE - it starts and runs in Chrome. For Firefox or IE I get the Unknown Browser error. I have read the information about OnBrowserCheck but IW X11 12.0.8 does not seen to have that ServerController ev...

Web resources about - Installing Teechart 2011 VCL for use with Intraweb XE2 - embarcadero.delphi.intraweb

Solar panels are lifted into place.

The builder of a south-west Sydney unit block where a young woman plunged to her death during a ferocious fire told a certifier to reduce ...

Iran installing new nuclear equipment

Gillard defends installing Slipper