I need a Delphi.exe -> SMS -> Cell phone (NOT Email -> Email to SMS) #2

Platform:  DXE3    Win 2008 Server

I have built a custom Electronic Medical Record system for my medical clinic, and I have built a utility that can send out emails to patients to remind them of upcoming appointments.  If the patient has provided a phone number, my software uses Data 24/7 to look up their phone number and it tells me if the phone number is a mobile number or not, and what the "Email to SMS" email address is, and my software sends to that email address. (usually something like:  <phonenumber>@emaildomain.com)

When I send an email this way, the patient gets a notification of an incoming "Email to SMS" text, and my carrier requires them to "subscribe" to the special "Email to SMS" service, which in some cases, costs more money.  I want to avoid all this "Email to SMS" stuff.

Does anyone know of a service that I can send a simple HTTP/HTTPS request to, and have that service send the text message as if it were from a cell phone?  I don't really need to be able to get text messages back, because in my reminder text message, I include a link to our web page where the patient can confirm or cancel their appointment.

In summary, I need:

- At least "one direction" text messaging
- Service that I can send an HTTP/HTTPS request to, that will contain the patient's phone number(, and carrier if required) and will do the "texting" chore to a cell phone
- Text message must appear as if it came from another cell phone, even if it's a fake cell phone number

I have been looking at the "Browser to SMS" services.  They certainly _could_ do this type of thing internally, but it is not a listed service offered to the public.  I have emailed about 10 just now, so I'll see what they say.   I was hoping that some one in the Delphi community would have already got this figured out, and I could use the same service that they are.

The service doesn't have to be free, I don't mind paying.
0
Kevin
5/9/2013 2:28:19 AM
embarcadero.delphi.intraweb 3901 articles. 1 followers. Follow

> {quote:title=Kevin Morris wrote:}{quote}
> Platform:  DXE3    Win 2008 Server
>
> I have built a custom Electronic Medical Record system for my medical clinic, and I have built a utility that can send out emails to patients to remind them of upcoming appointments.  If the patient has provided a phone number, my software uses Data 24/7 to look up their phone number and it tells me if the phone number is a mobile number or not, and what the "Email to SMS" email address is, and my software sends to that email address. (usually something like:  <phonenumber>@emaildomain.com)
>
> When I send an email this way, the patient gets a notification of an incoming "Email to SMS" text, and my carrier requires them to "subscribe" to the special "Email to SMS" service, which in some cases, costs more money.  I want to avoid all this "Email to SMS" stuff.
>
> Does anyone know of a service that I can send a simple HTTP/HTTPS request to, and have that service send the text message as if it were from a cell phone?  I don't really need to be able to get text messages back, because in my reminder text message, I include a link to our web page where the patient can confirm or cancel their appointment.
>
> In summary, I need:
>
> - At least "one direction" text messaging
> - Service that I can send an HTTP/HTTPS request to, that will contain the patient's phone number(, and carrier if required) and will do the "texting" chore to a cell phone
> - Text message must appear as if it came from another cell phone, even if it's a fake cell phone number
>
> I have been looking at the "Browser to SMS" services.  They certainly _could_ do this type of thing internally, but it is not a listed service offered to the public.  I have emailed about 10 just now, so I'll see what they say.   I was hoping that some one in the Delphi community would have already got this figured out, and I could use the same service that they are.
>
> The service doesn't have to be free, I don't mind paying.

I have done exactly this with a practice and patient management system I developed. It has been running for many year with 2-way SMS service.

IMHO the best/easiest way is to use the https api provided by the bigger sms providers. I dont know where you are located but clickatell is a good international service that provides anuber of api's.

There are many others if you go looking....

Regards
0
Zane
5/9/2013 9:07:12 AM
I have used cdyne.com since 2008.  The service is commercial grade, and the API is very simple.  They support dedicated numbers and short codes.  You pay $20 per month, plus 1 cent per message.
0
Daniel
5/9/2013 4:30:20 PM
> {quote:title=Kevin Morris wrote:}{quote}
> Platform:  DXE3    Win 2008 Server
>
> I have built a custom Electronic Medical Record system for my medical clinic, and I have built a utility that can send out emails to patients to remind them of upcoming appointments.  If the patient has provided a phone number, my software uses Data 24/7 to look up their phone number and it tells me if the phone number is a mobile number or not, and what the "Email to SMS" email address is, and my software sends to that email address. (usually something like:  <phonenumber>@emaildomain.com)
>
> When I send an email this way, the patient gets a notification of an incoming "Email to SMS" text, and my carrier requires them to "subscribe" to the special "Email to SMS" service, which in some cases, costs more money.  I want to avoid all this "Email to SMS" stuff.
>
> Does anyone know of a service that I can send a simple HTTP/HTTPS request to, and have that service send the text message as if it were from a cell phone?  I don't really need to be able to get text messages back, because in my reminder text message, I include a link to our web page where the patient can confirm or cancel their appointment.
>
> In summary, I need:
>
> - At least "one direction" text messaging
> - Service that I can send an HTTP/HTTPS request to, that will contain the patient's phone number(, and carrier if required) and will do the "texting" chore to a cell phone
> - Text message must appear as if it came from another cell phone, even if it's a fake cell phone number
>
> I have been looking at the "Browser to SMS" services.  They certainly _could_ do this type of thing internally, but it is not a listed service offered to the public.  I have emailed about 10 just now, so I'll see what they say.   I was hoping that some one in the Delphi community would have already got this figured out, and I could use the same service that they are.
>
> The service doesn't have to be free, I don't mind paying.

The provider also will depend of what are you full needs, there are basic providers which only give a simple messgaging service, but here are other that gives you a complete service, like givign you a unique Phone Number and name, so your clients will receive that number and name when they receive the SMS message. Also they can reply to your phone number and you get statistics if they received the message or what they have replied.

Check Clickatell.com and Routo Messaging both of them have a simple HTTP/HTTPS gateway so you can send a message using a simple HTTP request. And also gather statistics of your account. I have made a simple app with clikcatell api and works perfect.

Clickatell gives some credits (free messages) so you can do the tests.

Check their API it is all specified there: http://www.clickatell.com/help-support/developers-central/

Edited by: Francisco Armando Dueñas Rodriguez on May 9, 2013 10:49 AM
0
Utf
5/9/2013 5:49:54 PM
I've been using a service called SMSified (SMSified.com) offered by
Voxeo. Its worked very well for me, and it will do just what you
describe.  Seems they are soon coming out of their long 'beta' testing,
and will be charging 1 cent per message.
CW

On 5/8/2013 10:28 PM, Kevin Morris wrote:
> Platform:  DXE3    Win 2008 Server
>
> I have built a custom Electronic Medical Record system for my medical clinic, and I have built a utility that can send out emails to patients to remind them of upcoming appointments.  If the patient has provided a phone number, my software uses Data 24/7 to look up their phone number and it tells me if the phone number is a mobile number or not, and what the "Email to SMS" email address is, and my software sends to that email address. (usually something like:  <phonenumber>@emaildomain.com)
>
> When I send an email this way, the patient gets a notification of an incoming "Email to SMS" text, and my carrier requires them to "subscribe" to the special "Email to SMS" service, which in some cases, costs more money.  I want to avoid all this "Email to SMS" stuff.
>
> Does anyone know of a service that I can send a simple HTTP/HTTPS request to, and have that service send the text message as if it were from a cell phone?  I don't really need to be able to get text messages back, because in my reminder text message, I include a link to our web page where the patient can confirm or cancel their appointment.
>
> In summary, I need:
>
> - At least "one direction" text messaging
> - Service that I can send an HTTP/HTTPS request to, that will contain the patient's phone number(, and carrier if required) and will do the "texting" chore to a cell phone
> - Text message must appear as if it came from another cell phone, even if it's a fake cell phone number
>
> I have been looking at the "Browser to SMS" services.  They certainly _could_ do this type of thing internally, but it is not a listed service offered to the public.  I have emailed about 10 just now, so I'll see what they say.   I was hoping that some one in the Delphi community would have already got this figured out, and I could use the same service that they are.
>
> The service doesn't have to be free, I don't mind paying.

0
Chisolm
5/13/2013 3:29:09 PM
On 5/13/2013 11:29 AM, Chisolm Wilson wrote:
> I've been using a service called SMSified (SMSified.com) offered by
> Voxeo. Its worked very well for me, and it will do just what you
> describe.  Seems they are soon coming out of their long 'beta' testing,
> and will be charging 1 cent per message.

Some countries have restrictions and filter a lot of messages from other
countries because of spam etc.

In such cases there is USB cable that attaches to certain phones, and
you use that to send via your local carrier to ensure delivery.

IntraWeb IRC and Web Chat:
http://www.atozed.com/intraweb/Support/IRC.aspx
0
Chad
5/13/2013 7:44:17 PM
Here is a sample of code from an application I made to my congregation, so when a new comer give us his phone number  we send them a welcome message:
Check the PrepareUrl for how the URL is prepared:
The message is sent with a simple TIdHTTP.Get method. lookup for the line: 'strResponse := IdHTTP1.Get( TIdURI.URLDecode( strUrl ) );'
Sorry for not been too clear, but that should give you and idea of how easy is to send a message using HTTP client API
-----------------------------------
{code}
uses IdURI, IdHttp, HTTPApp,
procedure TfrmMain.btnSendClick(Sender: TObject);
var strResponse: string;
    strMsg: string;
   IdHTTP1: TIdHttp;
begin

 if Length( dsCongregantes.DataSet.FieldByName('telefonoCelular').AsString ) < 10 then
 begin
  Application.MessageBox('La longitud del número de celular debe ser de 10 dígitos',
    'Error de Datos', MB_ICONERROR+MB_OK);
  exit;
 end;

strUrl := TIDUri.UrlEncode( PrepareUrl(edURL.Text) );

//this is the url test contained in the edURL:
//http://smsc5.routotelecom.com/SMSsend?number=%number%&user=%username%&pass=%password%&message=%message%&ownnum=TN&type=SMS

// Where:
/ /number=comma separated phonelist
// user=account username of clickcatell
// pass=account password of clickcatell
/ /message=encoded message to be sent
/ /ownnum=phone number that will appear in recipients phone, it could be a word or name also
/ /type=SMS. check clickatell HTTP api for other options

//for more info check clickatell API

 edLog.Clear;
 try
   IdHTTP1 := TIdHTTP.create(nil);
   strResponse := IdHTTP1.Get( TIdURI.URLDecode( strUrl ) );
   edLog.Lines.Add(':: RESPUESTA ::' );
   edLog.Lines.Add( strResponse );
   dsCongregantes.DataSet.Edit;
   dsCongregantes.DataSet.FieldByname('estatus').AsString := 'Mensaje Enviado';
   dsCongregantes.DataSet.Post;
 except
  on e: Exception do
  begin
   edLog.Lines.Add(':: ERROR ::' );
   edLog.Lines.Add( e.Message );
  end;
 end;
IdHTTP1.Free;

if  SameText('success', trim(strResponse)) then
     Application.MessageBox('Mensaje Enviado exitósamente', 'Mensaje enviado', MB_OK+MB_ICONINFORMATION)
 else
    Application.MessageBox( pchar( 'Ha Ocurrido Un error en el envío' +#10#13+edLog.Text ), 'Mensaje no enviado', MB_OK+MB_ICONERROR)

end;

function TfrmMain.PrepareMessageText(Amsg: string): string;
begin
 Amsg := RemoveEmptyLines(Amsg);
 Amsg := ReplaceTokens( Amsg,'nombres', dsCongregantes.DataSet.FieldByName('nombres').AsString,'%' );
 Amsg := ReplaceTokens( Amsg,'bienvenido',  IfThen( dsCongregantes.DataSet.FieldByName('generoID').AsInteger=1, 'Bienvenido', 'Bienvenida'),'%' ); {gender: male or female}
 result := Amsg;
end;

function TfrmMain.PreparePhoneNumberString(APhoneNumbers: string): string;
var _strList: TStrings;
    _count: Integer;
begin
 _strlIst := TStringList.Create;
 _strList.Text := APhoneNumbers;
 result := '';
 for _count := 0 to _strList.Count-1 do
 begin
  if( Trim( _strList.Strings[_count] ) = '') or
     (length(_strList.Strings[_count]) < 10) then
     continue;
  if (length(trim(_strList.Strings[_count])) = 10) then
      _strList.Strings[_count] := '52'+ trim(_strList.Strings[_count]); {Add Mexico's country code (assuming it is a Mexican Cell phone number) }
  if Result <> '' then
  begin
   result := result+',';
  end;
   result :=result+Trim(  _strList.Strings[_count] );
 end;
end;

function TfrmMain.PrepareUrl(ABasedText: string): string;
var _phones: string;

  function ByteToHex(InByte:byte):shortstring;
  const Digits:array[0..15] of char='0123456789ABCDEF';
  begin
   result:=digits[InByte shr 4]+digits[InByte and $0F];
  end;

  function UrlEncode(const S: String): String;
  var
    I: Integer;
    Ch: Char;
  begin
    Result := '';
    for I := 1 to Length(S) do
    begin
      Ch := S[I];

      //if ((Ch >= '0') and (Ch <= '9')) or ((Ch >= 'a') and (Ch <= 'z')) or
      //  ((Ch >= 'A') and (Ch <= 'Z')) or (Ch = '.') or (Ch = '-') or (Ch = '_')
      //  or (Ch = '~') then
     //  Result := Result + Ch
     // else

      Result := Result + IntToHex(Ord(Ch), 4);
    end;
  end;
begin
 result := RemoveEmptyLines( ABasedText );

 //edPhoneNumbers.Text :=  RemoveEmptyLines( '' );
 _phones := PreparePhoneNumberString( dsCongregantes.DataSet.FieldByName('telefonoCelular').AsString );

 result := ReplaceTokens( result, 'number', _phones, '%' );
 result := ReplaceTokens( result, 'username', 'user12345', '%' );
 result := ReplaceTokens( result, 'password', 'password12345, '%' );
 result := ReplaceTokens( result, 'message', (HTTPEncode( PrepareMessageText(edMsgTemplate.Text) ) ) , '%' );

 //This is the message contained in edMsgTemplate:
 //
 //::Pasión por la GENTE:: <*)})>{
 //Hola %nombres% %bienvenido% a Tierra Nueva!!
 //Gracias por venir!!
 //Estamos a tus órdenes, bendiciones
 //

 //the words between the '%' symbols are Tokens which will be replace with field values, Check PrepareMessageText method

end;

function TfrmMain.RemoveEmptyLines(astring: string): string;
begin
 astring := TrimRight( astring );
 while (RightStr(astring,1)=#10) or (RightStr(astring,1)=#13) do
       astring := LeftStr(astring, Length(astring)-1);
 result := astring;
end;

function TfrmMain.ReplaceTokens( astring, atoken, avalues, aTokenDelimiter: string): string;
begin
 result := ReplaceText( astring, aTokenDelimiter+atoken+aTokenDelimiter, avalues );
end;
{code}

Edited by: Francisco Armando Dueñas Rodriguez on May 14, 2013 10:12 PM
0
Utf

Email to SMS ~ SMS Gateway Question
Hi All, I want to be able to send emails from an aso.net script to be received as an  SMS message on a mobile phone.....i can do the script..... but .... Do I need to get a providor of an SMS gateway invloved and pay a subscription Can I build my own Gateway and what would I need? Or....Are there free gateways I can use? Many thanks all Tony All help appreciatedmany thanksTony You should use existing SMS gateways. There are many of them you can use for pretty normal prices. Just make some searching using Google.Gunnar Peipman-- General Protection Fault-- Illegal ...

Email to SMS
--____FCYHKKAFVKDZPOOFSODT____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Sat, 10 Dec 2010 13:09:11 +1300" SGkgVGhlcmUhDQoNCkFueW9uZSBrbm93IG9mIGEgZ2F0ZXdheS9wcm9kdWN0cyB0aGF0IGFsbG93 cyB1cyB0byBzZW5kIGZyb20gb3VyIEdXIGFjY291bnRzIGRpcmVjdGx5IHRvIG1vYmlsZXMgaW4g R1c4Pw== --____FCYHKKAFVKDZPOOFSODT____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="____SIJEBEQNFJKWLCACUZYK____" --____SIJEBEQNFJKWLCACUZYK____ Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 ...

Sending email w/ attachments with Delphi 2?
Does anyone know if there is a version of Indy or any other component that would enable an application written with Delphi 2 to send email with attachments? The references I've come up with just report problems and limitations with it so I'm wondering if anyone knows of something more likely to work. I'm afraid you have to look here: http://gohistoric.com/places/318695 Maybe you take a higher Delphi version and create a DLL with the functionality you want. Use the DLL in your Delphi 2 application. > {quote:title=Philip Caracena wrote:}{quote} > Does anyone know if t...

2 Emails from Email Form
For some reason when I test this page, I'm getting a duplicate email (2 emails)... and I can't figure out why. Is it because I have a from field in my webconfig: <system.net>        <mailSettings>            <smtp from="myemail@myemail.com">                <network host="...private data...">            </smtp>        </mailSettings>   ...

How Can I Send Email thru GMAIL Server in Delphi 7? #2
Hi everyone. I have Delphi 7 and the Indy components. I know that GMAIL uses ssl/tsl. I saw a posting from Marco Cantu on how to use Indy to send an email thru the gmail server. My exploration came to a screeching halt when I saw that the D7 Indy components don't have the same properties that Marco was using in his example. Does anybody have a code sample on how to send email thru this server in Delphi 7? Besides Indy, are there any third party tools that can be used for this purpose? at this site is a working application for Delphi 7 and the source code http://delphi.about.com...

How to convert PDUS from Java to Delphi to broadcast incoming SMS? [Edit] #2
Hello, I need to develop an apps that broadcast incoming SMS. But I don't know how write delphi code to convert pdus java object to use in firemonkey android app. Can someone help me? I use delphi xe6 From android developer site: Edited by: Angelo Lopez on Jan 8, 2015 5:46 AM Edited by: Angelo Lopez on Jan 8, 2015 9:52 AM ...

How can I convert PDUS data from Java to Delphi to broadcast incoming SMS? [Edit] #2
Hello, I need to develop an apps that broadcast incoming SMS. But I don't know how write delphi code to convert pdus java object to use in firemonkey android app. Can someone help me? I use delphi xe6 Follow java code to broadcast incoming sms: public void onReceive(Context context, Intent intent) { //---get the SMS message passed in--- Bundle bundle = intent.getExtras(); SmsMessage[] msgs = null; String str = ""; if (bundle != null) { //---retrieve the SMS message received--- ...

hotmail email accounts.... this version of firefox (3.1 beta 2) will not allow me to open emails that are in a hotmail email account
Name: lee hughes Email: lee405325ataoldotcom Product: Firefox Summary: hotmail email accounts.... this version of firefox (3.1 beta 2) will not allow me to open emails that are in a hotmail email account Comments: when you click on an email to open it, it does nothing it does not recognise the link to open the emial is even there. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-GB; rv:1.9.1b2) Gecko/20081201 Firefox/3.1b2 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback bu...

Need settings for email software for internal email
We utilize a groupwise email server in our organization. I am a developer using Delphi programming environment using the indy email product. The software emails users in our organization. This works as long as the person being emailed to has internet email. If not, an error is encountered: "Forwarding to remote hosts disabled". My question is, what is the criteria for the email server to recognize an email message as internal? I tried authenticating and removing our organization's suffix from the recipient and sender email name. Neither worked. There is an ...

remove email addresses when forwarding email #2
How can I remove the dozens of email addresses when forwarding. I want to forward email with pictures and text. Every method I tried ends up with pics missing, with only text. Thanks Bent111 Hi, bent111@waol.com a tapot�, le 18/08/2009 22:46 : > How can I remove the dozens of email addresses when forwarding. You can use edit as new with a right click on the message. -- St�phane bent111@waol.com wrote: > How can I remove the dozens of email addresses when forwarding. > > I want to forward email with pictures and text. > > Every method I tri...

Downloading email crashes Mozilla 1.7.2 [Was: spam email crashing Mozilla 1.7.2]
Hi All I posted recently that flaky spam was causing Mozilla 1.7.2 to crash. I have since discovered that is incorrect - any email message downloaded from the mail server causes Mozilla 1.7.2 to crash. Also, Trying to mark any downloaded email as Junk crashes Mozilla. I suspect that something has gone a little wrong somewhere within my Mozilla configuration for this profile - my other profile works fine - but have no idea what to look for or where. Does anyone have any idea based on the limited info above? Regards Pete Sir: Peter Brown wrote: > Hi All > ...

Email to SMS with gnokii and Postfix
Hi I have a server with an sms-terminal attached. There I use "gnokii" to send sms. Now I'm searching for a solution with postfix or something else to receive an email and resend the subject of this email as an sms with gnokii. Any ideas/hints? I have already searched a lot. I found that I have to create a special "sms"-user and a .procmail / .forward-file. But I had no success with this solutions. Have someone already implemented this requirement? Thanks a lot. Tom -- amo_vzug -----------------------------------------------------------------...

Hello, we have one Delphi 2005 Professional here and want to upgrade to Delphi 2010, but we are a bit confused. Our distributor in Germany, ingram-micro offers several upgrade products: UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - NAMED USER UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - NAMED USER ELS UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - NAMED USER FLEX RAD STUDIO 2010 PRO - UPG UPG RAD STUDIO 2010 PRO - NAMED ELC UPG RAD STUDIO 2010 PRO - NAMED FLEX UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - CONCURRENT ELS UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - CONCURRENT FLEX What do they mean exactly and which one do i need? At the moment delphi is installed on two PCs and we want to use ...

send sms by using email
hi all.....  is the any way we can send sms by using email ........ i looking for a solution to send sms message thru email to the mobile phone.... anyone got any good idea in solving this ? thanks Hello, The service is called Mail to SMS and it should be provided by your mobile provider, and if so, when you send a email message like 232323(telephone number)@yourMobileProvider.com it will be received like SMS by this number. Also the message length is limited. Check your mobile provider for instructions and ask if they provide mail to SMS service. RegardsWindows Hosting ASP...

Email pointer to forward all email to another email address
Microsoft Exchange calls it a Email pointer when you want to automatically re-route emails from one email address to another email address (maintaining all received/sent from/to contact information). How is this done in GroupWise? WITHOUT using a RULE that does not maintain received from information. Wendy, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebas...

Web resources about - I need a Delphi.exe -> SMS -> Cell phone (NOT Email -> Email to SMS) #2 - embarcadero.delphi.intraweb