Delph IDE access violation

Hi

In my datamodule i use Interbase IBX components.

I often get access ciolations in Delphi bpl's when tring to edit IBDataset.SelectSQL property

Any idea whats going on?

Eric
0
Eric
3/18/2014 7:48:44 AM
embarcadero.delphi.intraweb 3901 articles. 1 followers. Follow

> {quote:title=Eric ten Westenend wrote:}{quote}
> Hi
>
> In my datamodule i use Interbase IBX components.
>
> I often get access ciolations in Delphi bpl's when tring to edit IBDataset.SelectSQL property
>
> Any idea whats going on?
>
> Eric

IBDataSet? This component does not belong to IntraWeb, but to InterBase package. Does it happen only in IntraWeb projects?
0
Alexandre
3/18/2014 1:23:32 PM
Hi

Yes, i also have a normal Windows Application with IBX components and never have these problems.

Eric

> {quote:title=Alexandre Machado wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=Eric ten Westenend wrote:}{quote}
> > Hi
> >
> > In my datamodule i use Interbase IBX components.
> >
> > I often get access ciolations in Delphi bpl's when tring to edit IBDataset.SelectSQL property
> >
> > Any idea whats going on?
> >
> > Eric
>
> IBDataSet? This component does not belong to IntraWeb, but to InterBase package. Does it happen only in IntraWeb projects?
0
Eric
3/21/2014 7:49:00 AM
> {quote:title=Eric ten Westenend wrote:}{quote}
> Hi
>
> Yes, i also have a normal Windows Application with IBX components and never have these problems.

There are lots of 3rd party components that work nice in normal Desktop applications but fail under different types of applications, like IntraWeb. This does not mean that IntraWeb is buggy. Sometimes the control does false assumptions about the application where it is running in. Anyway, can you send me a simple test case showing this behavior? if so, please send it to alexandre [at] atozed dot com

Best regards
0
Alexandre
3/21/2014 1:07:31 PM
Hi

I removed all Delphi third party IDE extensions i had and the problem is solved!

Eric

> {quote:title=Alexandre Machado wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=Eric ten Westenend wrote:}{quote}
> > Hi
> >
> > Yes, i also have a normal Windows Application with IBX components and never have these problems.
>
> There are lots of 3rd party components that work nice in normal Desktop applications but fail under different types of applications, like IntraWeb. This does not mean that IntraWeb is buggy. Sometimes the control does false assumptions about the application where it is running in. Anyway, can you send me a simple test case showing this behavior? if so, please send it to alexandre [at] atozed dot com
>
> Best regards
0
Eric

Delphi BDE
I (still) support two well established Delphi apps requiring BDE (Paradox tables). Suddenly they have started generating a consistent Access Violation (in Win XP) when starting to run in the IDE. The apps compile OK and the resulting exes run without complaint outside the IDE.It's not just my apps - the demo Fishfact and other demos generate an access violation as well as they start to run (after compiling OK). I have made no changes for a long time to the VCL etc. This happens in Delphi 4 and Delphi 7. I have tried re-installing Delphi and BDE and doing a system restore. The access vio...

access violation in module vcl100.bpl when starting Delphi 2007 IDE
Hi, I'm using Delphi 2007 in a VMware virtual machine. The guest operating system is Windows 7 32-bit. This has worked fine for months but since yesterday, I keep getting this error message when starting the IDE: Access violation at address 201302BC in module 'vcl100.bpl'. Read of address 00000060. The call stack shows: Menu.TMenuItem.SetShortCut ExtCtrls.TTimer.Timer ExtCtrls.TTimer.WndProc Classes.StdWndProc DispatchMessageA Forms.TApplication.ProcessMessage From.TApplication.HandleMessage Forms.TApplication.Run BaseThreadInitThunk FYI, the following com...

Access violation rtl140.bpl Error, Delphi 2010 IDE wont load
I get this error message below when I try to start Delphi 2010. While it's loading up this message pops up and the only thing that loads is the Tool Palette and Structure windows. How can fix this? I've tried repairing and reinstalling but the problem persists. Access violation at address 500115A7 in module 'rtl140.bpl'. Read of address 00000000. [500115A7]{rtl140.bpl } System.UTF8ToUnicodeString (Line 22482, "System.pas" + 2) + $0 [5029A838]{vcl140.bpl } Controls.TWinControl.DefaultHandler (Line 9860, "Controls.pas" + 30) + $17 [502C18E6]{vcl140.b...

Access Violation When Starting Delphi
Irregularly, when starting the D7 IDE with still nothing but the D7 splash screen showing, I get 'Access Violation in vcl70.bpl' followed by the message 'Error reading EditWindow.Icon.Data. The window does not have scroll bars.' At the moment, I am working on a single project so always open the same one. I have zero 3rd party components registered in D7. What to make out of this? Thank you for your comments. Andreas Hi! Try starting your project with -np switch. Delphi will open with no project. > Vincent Bergeron wrote: > Try starting your project...

access violation when I quit from the IDE
I'm using Delphi 6 and very often, when I close the IDE I get this message: Exception EAccessViolation in module rtl60.bpl at 0000567D Access Violation at address 4000567D in module 'rtl60.bpl'. Read of Address 00000000 some times, whe I accept the error message, it exits, but sometimes it enters in to a loop and every message I accept shows another error message, and so on... Any idea of what is happening? Thanks! Sergio sergio gonzalez wrote: > I'm using Delphi 6 and very often, when I close the IDE I get this message: > > Exception EAccessV...

Access Violation in IDE [Edit]
Thank you.. By the way; I am having problems with my IDE..Sometimes it would just get stuck while I am coding and a message of access violation pops up. Is there an update as far as you know? <Muhammad Tailounie> wrote in message news:122180@forums.codegear.com... > By the way; I am having problems with my IDE..Sometimes it would just > get stuck while I am coding and a message of access violation pops up. > Is there an update as far as you know? You did not say which version of C++Builder you are using, or what the AV says. -- Remy Lebeau (TeamB) > {quo...

Delphi 2010 Access Violation
I have an application developed with delphi 2010 professional. Are there any tools in the IDE that will help me find an access violation that shows up, when the application closes? I have steppd through the code,but can' t locate anything. I am not for sure but I think a form may not be destroyed. TIA Jan B wrote: > I have an application developed with delphi 2010 professional. Are > there any tools in the IDE that will help me find an access violation > that shows up, when the application closes? I have steppd through > the code,but can' t locate anything. ...

Access Violation problems during the debugging in the IDE
--------------------------- Benachrichtigung über Debugger-Exception --------------------------- Im Projekt NetLogTS.exe ist eine Exception der Klasse $C0000005 mit der Meldung 'access violation at 0x7c929af2: write of address 0x00000010' aufgetreten. --------------------------- Anhalten Fortsetzen Hilfe --------------------------- Hello, has anybody an idea, why this error occurs during the debugging of a app in the IDE of Delphi XE2 directly after "begin" before "application.initialize"? Starting the EXE-File directly, there is no problem. T...

[XE] IDE access violations are frequent.
I get access violations in the IDE frequently during linking. Once I get an access violation I pretty much have to shut down the IDE as violations occur doing almost anything in the IDE after the first one. I did not create new Projects but instead used the ones from CB2009. I will try to create new Projects sometime to see if it makes the IDE stable during linking. I think some of my Linking Error:Export messages are because the Import/Export code was newly created or heavily modified in XE. Bruno made mention of this in one of the Quality Central incidents. Larry In...

Access Violation with no way to return to IDE
I've adapted a "flocking" simulation to run, full screen, with multiple timers, without any controls visible, as an "art" piece. It would run overnight with no errors before converting it to "art." Now, after about an hour or two, it stops with, "Access violation at address 0040Z48A - Read of address 2283D8E9." Usually, when I get "Access violation..." messages, it is Windows 7 telling me that I am trying to write to an array with an index that is out-of-bounds. They are usually easy to fix... This time, I've double and triple-ch...

Access violation running in Delphi 7
I accidentally ran out of memory (virtual and otherwise) while compiling a large project using Delphi 7 (had lots of applications running and compiled a large resource file into the project). I got a blank message at the time and Windows warned me in the system tray that Windows had run out of memory. I closed down Delphi and all my applications, then restarted Delphi 7. It compiled the project fine, but now whenever I try and run it from the IDE I get this message: Access violation at address 001525B8. Read of address 00130000. I've tried running the application outs...

Intraweb Layout Manager Access violation
Using Codegear Enterprise RAD 2010 When double clicking the TIWLayoutMgrHTML component, I receive and Access violation at address 0C298C9A in module Intraweb_100_140,bpl. Read of address 000000B0. I receive a similar error in Rad 2009, referencing a different bpl file Is there a fix? > When double clicking the TIWLayoutMgrHTML component, I receive and > Access violation at address 0C298C9A in module > Intraweb_100_140,bpl. Read of address 000000B0. A fix will be available in the next release. -- Jackson Gomes IntraWeb Support > {quote:title=Jackson Go...

XE2 Access violation loading project into IDE
I am having Delphi XE2 app crashes when loading a simple firemonkey iOS project after having written, compiled and run fine in the IDE the first time. Crash occurs thereafter each time I try to load the project into the IDE. By deleting lines of source code and then adding one line of code at a time I can determine the line which causes the app crash. The line is: panelWidth := frameWidth - ( 2.0 * stileWidth ) + 0.4375; Now if I modify this line to: panelWidth := frame Width; the project loads with no problem, as expected. It appears that adding additional calc...

Access Violation when running Delphi 7 App
I have compiled and succesfully run a Delphi 7 application on a Windows XP, Pentium 4 machine and a Windows 7, 64-bit, Dual core machine. When I try to run it on a Core i5 laptop running Windows 7, I get the following error when starting the application: Exception EAccessViolation in module "app name". Access violation at address 0. Read of address 0. Can anyone explain why this sort of thing happens? I have figured out what the problem is. The application tries to load a DLL dynamically when it runs and that DLL was missing. Pier "Pier Nardin" <p...

Web resources about - Delph IDE access violation - embarcadero.delphi.intraweb

CP violation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In particle physics , CP violation (CP standing for Charge Parity ) is a violation of the postulated CP-symmetry (or Charge conjugation Parity ...

Microsoft Attacks Google for Privacy violations - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore MichalSpocko's photos on Flickr. MichalSpocko has uploaded 24 photos to Flickr.

Rep. Luis V. Gutierrez Denounces Civil Rights Violations in Puerto Rico - YouTube
February 16, 2011 - Rep. Luis V. Gutierrez (IL-4) spoke out against the Puerto Rican government's campaign to silence student protestors and ...

Gul defies Erdogan’s Twitter ban and calls move ‘violation of rights’
The content of Abdullah Gul’s message – and the way it was delivered – is a message to Recep Tayyip Erdogan’s religiously conservative government, ...

Russia closes 12 McDonald's restaurants over hygiene violations
Russia has temporarily closed 12 branches of McDonald's on health grounds and is carrying out more than 100 inspections, the US fast food chain ...

William sees red over second paparazzi violation
William sees red over second paparazzi violation

Report alleges labour violations at Apple supplier in China
Report claims dangerous conditions, labour violations at another Apple plant.

'Violation and betrayal': Low pay offer hurt ADF's fighting edge, say ADFA academics
Miserly pay approach potential threat to 'operational success', academics argue.

Nick Kyrgios issued code violation at Japan Open - The Courier-Mail Search Search
NICK Kyrgios has hit out at the Australian media following his loss to Frenchman Benoit Paire at the Japan Open on the weekend.