Converting from Delphi 2005 to Delphi XE5

I have developed a number of Windows applications in Delphi 2005.
I recently purchased Delphi XE5.
I have started by trying to compile an existing 2005 application.
I am getting a 7 errors about FMXTeeEditor.
[dcc32 Error] E1026 File not found: 'FMXTee.Editor.Brush.fmx'

Not able to find a solution to this. Any help greatly appreciated.
1
John
11/14/2013 7:54:33 PM
embarcadero.delphi.intraweb 3901 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Did you open every form before compiling?  The old forms get updated with new properties when they are opened. I would make a copy of the old project before doing any of this.
0
Daniel
11/14/2013 8:28:34 PM
maybe you have links to the older tchart files....i.e its not using the  XE5 standard Tchart files
have a look in options, Library...and check the paths, especially about the tchart files
also try doing a build
0
Brian
11/14/2013 11:11:29 PM
I have tied the suggestions to no avail. A new project is fine so it looks like I need to change something in the source files.
Is FMXTee something to do with Firemonkey?

I should have added that this is a new computer and 2005 was not installed on here.
0
John
11/15/2013 8:44:39 PM
> {quote:title=John Stokoe wrote:}{quote}
> I have tied the suggestions to no avail. A new project is fine so it looks like I need to change something in the source files.
> Is FMXTee something to do with Firemonkey?
>

> I should have added that this is a new computer and 2005 was not installed on here.

There is a new concept in Delphi called "Unit Scope Names". Maybe your old project is not configured to use the VCL libraries, but the FMX libraries. Read more about it here: http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE5/en/Unit_Scope_Names

You can check it via: Project -> Options -> Delphi Compiler. Check the Unit Scope Names settings there. For instance, in one of my IntraWeb projects I have this setting:

Winapi;System.Win;Data.Win;Datasnap.Win;Web.Win;Soap.Win;Xml.Win;Bde;System;Xml;Data;Datasnap;Web;Soap;Vcl;Vcl.Imaging;Vcl.Touch;Vcl.Samples;Vcl.Shell

You may create a new IW project and copy this setting to the old project and see how it works.
1
Alexandre