Delphi 2010 + InterBase Express + DBMemo (error)

Hi *

I have a table in database (firebird 2.5 - UTF8 ) which conteins several fields: numeric, varchar, BLOB (subtype 1 - text).

When I put on my form standard component TDBmemo and link to DataSource (to BLOB field), my applicatin after calling SelectSQL crushes - Access violation - Read access 000000EC.

The same problem is when I use Memo components.

When I remove this control (DBMemo) - application works fine without any problems.

The question is: How to display BLOB (text) field in DBMemo or Memo control?

Thank You very much in advance

Regards

Jacek Fągowski

P.S.
I can only use standard Delphi components or free components for personal or commercial use - I have no chances to buy commercial VCL components.

JF
0
Utf
9/14/2012 2:30:23 PM
embarcadero.delphi.interbase 331 articles. 1 followers. Follow

As you describe this, I have done this many times with InterBase. All I
can think is there might be a problem using FireBird as the IBX
components are not tested with FireBird. With Delphi 2010, we recommend
using the DBGo components to connect to FireBird. With Delphi XE and
higher, you can use DBExpress if you have the Enterprise Edition of Delphi.

Jacek Fągowski wrote:
> Hi *
>
> I have a table in database (firebird 2.5 - UTF8 ) which conteins several fields: numeric, varchar, BLOB (subtype 1 - text).
>
> When I put on my form standard component TDBmemo and link to DataSource (to BLOB field), my applicatin after calling SelectSQL crushes - Access violation - Read access 000000EC.
>
> The same problem is when I use Memo components.
>
> When I remove this control (DBMemo) - application works fine without any problems.
>
> The question is: How to display BLOB (text) field in DBMemo or Memo control?
>
> Thank You very much in advance
>
> Regards
>
> Jacek Fągowski
>
> P.S.
> I can only use standard Delphi components or free components for personal or commercial use - I have no chances to buy commercial VCL components.
>
> JF

0
quinn
9/14/2012 3:26:56 PM
Thanx a lot - I'll try.

Regards

Jacek

> {quote:title=quinn wildman wrote:}{quote}
> As you describe this, I have done this many times with InterBase. All I
> can think is there might be a problem using FireBird as the IBX
> components are not tested with FireBird. With Delphi 2010, we recommend
> using the DBGo components to connect to FireBird. With Delphi XE and
> higher, you can use DBExpress if you have the Enterprise Edition of Delphi.
>
> Jacek Fągowski wrote:
> > Hi *
> >
> > I have a table in database (firebird 2.5 - UTF8 ) which conteins several fields: numeric, varchar, BLOB (subtype 1 - text).
> >
> > When I put on my form standard component TDBmemo and link to DataSource (to BLOB field), my applicatin after calling SelectSQL crushes - Access violation - Read access 000000EC.
> >
> > The same problem is when I use Memo components.
> >
> > When I remove this control (DBMemo) - application works fine without any problems.
> >
> > The question is: How to display BLOB (text) field in DBMemo or Memo control?
> >
> > Thank You very much in advance
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Jacek Fągowski
> >
> > P.S.
> > I can only use standard Delphi components or free components for personal or commercial use - I have no chances to buy commercial VCL components.
> >
> > JF

0
Utf
9/14/2012 3:50:22 PM
Jacek Fągowski wrote:
> Hi *
>
> I have a table in database (firebird 2.5 - UTF8 ) which conteins several fields: numeric, varchar, BLOB (subtype 1 - text).
>
> When I put on my form standard component TDBmemo and link to DataSource (to BLOB field), my applicatin after calling SelectSQL crushes - Access violation - Read access 000000EC.
>
> The same problem is when I use Memo components.
>
> When I remove this control (DBMemo) - application works fine without any problems.
>
> The question is: How to display BLOB (text) field in DBMemo or Memo control?
>
> Thank You very much in advance
>
> Regards
>
> Jacek Fągowski
>
> P.S.
> I can only use standard Delphi components or free components for personal or commercial use - I have no chances to buy commercial VCL components.
>
> JF

Make sure you are setting the lc-ctype in the connection.  That is required to
work with Unicode data.  Like Quinn said though, I do not support FB so no
testing or anything else is done with that DB.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
              (Fish)
> {quote:title=Jeff Overcash (TeamB) wrote:}{quote}
> Jacek Fągowski wrote:
> > Hi *
> >
> > I have a table in database (firebird 2.5 - UTF8 ) which conteins several fields: numeric, varchar, BLOB (subtype 1 - text).
> >
> > When I put on my form standard component TDBmemo and link to DataSource (to BLOB field), my applicatin after calling SelectSQL crushes - Access violation - Read access 000000EC.
> >
> > The same problem is when I use Memo components.
> >
> > When I remove this control (DBMemo) - application works fine without any problems.
> >
> > The question is: How to display BLOB (text) field in DBMemo or Memo control?
> >
> > Thank You very much in advance
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Jacek Fągowski
> >
> > P.S.
> > I can only use standard Delphi components or free components for personal or commercial use - I have no chances to buy commercial VCL components.
> >
> > JF
>
> Make sure you are setting the lc-ctype in the connection.  That is required to
> work with Unicode data.  Like Quinn said though, I do not support FB so no
> testing or anything else is done with that DB.
>
> --
> Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
>        (Please do not email me directly unless  asked. Thank You)
> And so I patrol in the valley of the shadow of the tricolor
> I must fear evil. For I am but mortal and mortals can only die.
> Asking questions, pleading answers from the nameless
> faceless watchers that stalk the carpeted  corridors of Whitehall.
>               (Fish)

Hi All

Thank You very much for Your help.

First of all, I set  lc-ctype for my database. But with no effect.  You wrote that InterBase Express did not support FB so
I decided to change components.

Instead of InterBase Express, I used free UIB components and everything works fine.

So once again thanx a lot.

Regards

Jacek
0
Utf

Delphi XE / Delphi 2010

from delphi 6 to delphi 2010

Delphi 2010 -> Interbase TIBStoredProc component problem [Edit]
Hello, Recently, Using Delphi 2010_3615 trial Version. When Executing Interbase TIBStoredProc is raised [*unsupport feature*] error message How to fix this problem? (there is Ok. in Delphi 2009 Version) Plesae Help Thanks. Edited by: Harrison Huang on Aug 5, 2010 2:38 AM Harrison Huang wrote: > Hello, > Recently, Using Delphi 2010_3615 trial Version. > When Executing Interbase TIBStoredProc is raised [*unsupport feature*] error message > How to fix this problem? (there is Ok. in Delphi 2009 Version) > > Plesae Help > Thanks. &...

FishFact demo gds32.dll not found in path.. Delphi 2010 & Interbase 2009 v3
I did a search and found two copies of gds32.dll both match version of IBserver 9.0.3.437. one in windows\system32 the other in codegear\interbase\bin I get EIBClientError with message 'Interbase library gds32.dll not found in the path' Please install Interbase to use this functionality'. But the IB server is installed and is running ??? I even tried turning off my Panda Antivirus software but still get same error message. The project has compiled and runs but how do I get rid of the error message from popping up ? I even tried removing instance of gds32.dll f...

Migrate from Delphi 2007 to Delphi 2010

Migrating From Delphi 7 to Delphi 2010

Free RAD Studio 2010 and Delphi Prism 2011 with purchase of Delphi 2010
Hi All, For those of you who complain that Delphi (and RAD Studio) is too expensive... for a few short weeks there are two overlapping special offers from Embarcadero that you can use to move up to RAD Studio 2010 including the latest Delphi Prism 2011 for the price of a single Delphi 2010 (New User or Upgrade)... The first "RAD Studio PROMO" offer is still valid until June 28th: when you order Delphi 2010, you get RAD Studio 2010 delivered instead (including Delphi 2010, C++Builder 2010 and Delphi Prism 2010). As of May 26th, the "Delphi Prism 2011" of...

Delphi 2010 professional to Delphi XE3

delphi 2006 code in delphi 2010

Using Delphi 7 and Delphi 2010

Delphi 2010 w Delphi 2007

gds32.dll not found running FishFact.dproj Delphi 2010 & Interbase DE 2009 [Edit]
I did a search and found two copies of gds32.dll both match version of IBserver 9.0.3.437. one in windows\system32 the other in codegear\interbase\bin I get EIBClientError with message 'Interbase library gds32.dll not found in the path' Please install Interbase to use this functionality'. But the IB server is installed and is running ??? I even tried turning off my Panda Antivirus software but this only provided a temporary solution. Upon rebooting Delphi 2010 and running FishFact.dproj the problem is back again. The project has compiled and runs but how do I ge...

Delphi 2010 + TIBDatabase + connection error (how to catch error) [Edit]
Hi All Could someone help me in this case: {code} Try DataBase.Connect:=True; Except on >databaseconnectionerror< do ShowMessage('DataBase connection faild); end; {code} I do not know, how to catch (handling) IB errors in my Delphi application. Thank You very much in advance Best Regards Jacek Edited by: Jacek Fągowski on Aug 14, 2012 9:04 AM Jacek Fągowski wrote: > Hi All > > Could someone help me in this case: > {code} > Try > DataBase.Connect:=True; > Except > on >databaseconnectionerror< do > ShowMes...

Web resources about - Delphi 2010 + InterBase Express + DBMemo (error) - embarcadero.delphi.interbase

Multiversion concurrency control - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For instance, a database will implement updates not by deleting an old piece of data and overwriting it with a new one, but instead by marking ...

Open core is not open source
Julie Bort of Networkworld.com has an interview with Mårten Mickos of Eucalyptus , formerly of MySQL. In MySQL times it seemed (to me at least) ...

Almico's Home Page
... my interests and soon. I use to program using Delphi. Anyway: several projects of mine are developedunder Linux using PHP, PostgreSQL, Interbase ...

Sun balances acquisition, innovation
Sun Microsystems tries to make clear at its two-day annual analyst conference that innovation paysyet much of the company's biggest plans today ...

Free Trials - Embarcadero Technologies

Phillipe Kahn
Phillipe Kahn

license-discuss@opensource.org: Threads for May 2005
... May 2005 [2] unsubscribe me [3] Open Software License [3] unsubscribe me please [7] Re: License Wizard [5] For thoughts: fair license [1] InterBase ...

Welcome to dbase
Cust_Ser_Tech_Support web site

DB-Engines Ranking - popularity ranking of database management systems
English Deutsch Knowledge Base of Relational and NoSQL Database Management Systems provided by solid IT Home - DB-Engines Ranking - Systems - ...

DBF Commander Version History
History of DBF Commander - new DBF tools, DBF editor improvements, and bug fixes