Attempting to compile Delphi 5 code in Delphi XE5 is failing

Greetings All,

If I'm not in the correct formum please tell me which one I should be in.

Just upgraded to Delphi XE5 and am attempting to compile one of my Delphi 5 projects.  I used Interbase Express

I use either
TDataSource -> TCDSProvider -> TDataSetProvider -> TIBQuery or
TDataSource -> TClientDataSet -> TDataSetProvider -> TIBQuery

Also used TIBDatabase, TIBTransaction,  and TIBStoredProc

I open the smallest project I have and click compile and almost immediately I receive this error

Checking project dependencies...
Compiling CITranEngine.dproj (Debug, Win32)
brcc32 command line for "CITranEngine.vrc"
dcc command line for "CITranEngine.dpr"
[dcc32 Warning] W1030 Invalid compiler directive: 'true'
[dcc32 Fatal Error] DmTranRem.pas(18): F2051 Unit IBUtils was compiled with a different version of FireDAC.Phys.IB.IBError
Failed

There are many items in the uses clause that are underlined in red
IBDatabase, IBCustomDataSet, IBQuery, IBStoredProc
As you can see the interbase express components are among these.

In the upper left window (Structure) there are many errors:
Cannot resolve unit name 'IBDatabase' at line 18 (18:3) and several others for IBCustomerDataSet, IBQuery, IBStoredProc
Undeclared identifier 'TIBTransaction' at line 23 (23:14) and several others TIBQuery, TIBStringField, TIBBCDField, etc.

Any ideas how to move forward?

Thanks to all who can assit me with this.

Mike
0
Michael
1/16/2014 2:49:28 PM
embarcadero.delphi.interbase 331 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Since serveral interbase express components were underlined in red in the uses clause I decided to go look at the library path
This path was already there which points to the DCU's
c:\program files\embarcadero\rad studio\12.0\lib\Win32\release

I added this path which points to the pas files and this seems to have resolved the issue.
C:\Program Files\Embarcadero\RAD Studio\12.0\source\IBX

Is this the correct way to do this?
0
Michael
1/16/2014 4:10:53 PM
Michael Tuttle wrote:
> Since serveral interbase express components were underlined in red in the uses clause I decided to go look at the library path
> This path was already there which points to the DCU's
> c:\program files\embarcadero\rad studio\12.0\lib\Win32\release
>
> I added this path which points to the pas files and this seems to have resolved the issue.
> C:\Program Files\Embarcadero\RAD Studio\12.0\source\IBX
>
> Is this the correct way to do this?

No do not ever add source paths to the library path.  The DCU's in the lib
directory are the correct ones.

Your problem is that FireDAC is in your unit scope names and there is a naming
conflict due to that.  Remove FireDAC from your UnitScope Names in the project
options.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
              (Fish)

Transferring Delphi 5 BDE code to Delphi 2006 Nexus Embedded server code
In an application where I have used BDE in Delphi 5 I would like to transfer the whole project to Nexus Embedded server that in general implies mostly exchanging tTable with tnxTable etc. But, in a procedure I regenerate indexes using dbiRegenIndexes(basehandler). This function seems not to be supported anymore, so I just wonder if such a call is needed at all in Nexus Embedded Server, and if needed, what is now the correct syntax ?? I don't know the answer to your question but if you can't find answers here you may like to know that nexus db have there own free newsgr...

Debugging DLL compiled with Delphi 7 in Delphi XE5
Dear Sirs/Madams, We are considering changing from Delphi 7 to Delphi XE5. Our project consists of a dll and an .exe file. I have begun converting the .exe file to Delphi XE5 and have successfully accessed the DLL compiled with Delphi 7. When I debug the DLL (using the "run parameters" and changing "host application" to the .exe file) in Delphi 7 I can set breakpoints etc. and they are triggered. However, when I attempt to debug the project in XE5, I get the following message: Module Load: xxx.dll. No Debug Info. Base Address: $015A0000. Process xxx.exe (2928) ...

Delphi 5 to Delphi 6 and up

Delphi 5 to Delphi XE4

Delphi 5 To Delphi 2009

dll fails when compiled with delphi 2010, but works with delphi 7
I may be doing good if someone can just point me to the right forum I have not created a dll for some time and have not written one with 2010 before. The dll I am creating will be called as a cfx function by either a ColdFusion or BlueDragon webserver. I have written cfx DLLs in the past. The function declaration is below, it is the standard declaration from ColdFusion or Bluegradon documention on creating a CFX. procedure ProcessTagRequest(Request: TCFXRequest); export; cdecl; Since this was the first time using 2010 I wrote a very basic function to build off that was not much mor...

Best practice when code should still compile with elder versions of Delphi but also Delphi 2009
When tryung to compile Turbopower Orpheus and other Turbopower products which I still use in my applications and therefor need to convert to Delphi 2009, I get lots of warnings even though others has made it possible to get Orpheus compiled. The problem is checking a char in a set which gives a type cast warning and suggests using a new function instead. [DCC Warning] ovcdbnum.pas(401): W1050 WideChar reduced to byte char in set expressions. Consider using 'CharInSet' function in 'SysUtils' unit. So what would be the best practice here eg. correcting this ro...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Migration from Delphi 5 to Delphi 2005
Hi, Currently we are using Delphi 5 in that we have lot of source file now we planned to migrate from Delphi 5 to Delphi 2005. My question is - 1. Is it possible to migrate directly from Delphi 5 to Delphi 2005, my old code was developed using Delphi 5 IDE. Can we able to compile and build without any issue in Delphi 2005? 2. If we can able to do then what are the ways to migrate to Delphi 2005 IDE and also provide some link regarding this migrate? Thanks, Rizwan Rizwan Ahmed schrieb: > Hi, Currently we are using Delphi 5 in that we have lot of source > f...

Delphi 5 to Delphi 6 conversion
Hi We are moving our product from D5 to D6. I have dealt with all the deprecated functions. However, we are getting various platform specifc warnings. These include: Symbol 'FileGetAttr' is specific to a platform Symbol 'FileSetAttr' is specific to a platform Symbol 'faReadOnly' is specific to a platform We want this conversion to be carried out correctly. We don't view the simple solution of switching off those warnings or symbols as being the correct way. What we want is the same platform independence as other functions. For example, all o...

delphi 2006 code in delphi 2010

Converting from Delphi 2005 to Delphi XE5
I have developed a number of Windows applications in Delphi 2005. I recently purchased Delphi XE5. I have started by trying to compile an existing 2005 application. I am getting a 7 errors about FMXTeeEditor. [dcc32 Error] E1026 File not found: 'FMXTee.Editor.Brush.fmx' Not able to find a solution to this. Any help greatly appreciated. Did you open every form before compiling? The old forms get updated with new properties when they are opened. I would make a copy of the old project before doing any of this. maybe you have links to the older tchart files....i.e its not usi...

Upgrading to Delphi 2009 from Delphi 5

Web resources about - Attempting to compile Delphi 5 code in Delphi XE5 is failing - embarcadero.delphi.interbase

Facebook Seeks Detailed Information From Users Attempting To Block Or Report Other Users
Facebook continued down the path of seeking more information when users report potentially troublesome situations, following up its dialog box ...

Texas Tribune - "I was attempting to block a bill that... - Facebook
"I was attempting to block a bill that would have harmed thousands of women across the state of Texas,” Davis said of her filibuster. “Never ...

Video of Sen. Wendy Davis Attempting to put on Back-Brace During Filibuster - YouTube
If state Sen. Wendy Davis, D-Fort Worth, is charged with one more violation of the filibuster rules, her attempt to talk Senate Bill 5 to death ...

Two arrested attempting to smuggle heroin into the UAE
Two of the 'most active and dangerous' drug smugglers in the UAE were arrested in April in possession of 55 kilograms of heroin by a team of ...

Mother of woman attempting to flee ISIL says she is now at 'great risk'
The family of notorious Islamic State fighter Khaled Sharrouf is seeking to return to Sydney, according to a report.

Attempting to procure a murder charge against AC/DC drummer Phil Rudd withdrawn
AC/DC drummer Phil Rudd's charge of attempting to procure a murder has been withdrawn.

Woman in a critical condition after attempting to rescue boy from surf
A woman who tried to help a young boy after he was swept off rocks on the NSW north coast has been taken to hospital in a critical condition. ...

Andrew Davidson arrested after attempting to have sex with drinks trolley
... was ever a reason to quit alcohol, it's this. A 25-year-old Scottish man has been arrested after making a complete fool of himself while attempting ...

Abbott, Attempting To Order Coffee, Declares The Boats Have Stopped.
Prime Minister Tony Abbott has been at the forefront of a ruckus this morning during an incident in which Mr. Abbott was attempting to order ...

Islamic State recruit lived in Sydney before attempting to travel to Syria
Asher Abid Khan was restless and living in Sydney when he began researching ways to travel to Syria or Iraq to join terror group Islamic State, ...