XE8 Pro - Component packs only install partially [Edit] #2

Sorry, found it.  Made a stupid mistake.

-Uwe
0
Uwe

Uwe wrote:

> After the installers have finished without warnings, all files are in
> their proper places, but when I open XE8, only a small fraction of
> the components is visible on the Tool Palette.

Did you verify that the necessary packages were actually installed into the
IDE?  It is not enough to just put the binary files in the propere folders.

Are you taking into account that the Tool Palette is context-sensitive?
When the components are missing from the Palette, are you in a context (Form
Designer, etc) where the components are expected to appear in the first place?

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0

Install VS 2012 pro after installing Delphi Prism XE3?
I asked over at the Prism forum, but it's more lively over here. If I buy VS 2012 professional after I've already installed Prism XE3, will VS pro replace the shell, and will Prism now work in VS Pro? Not sure, I doubt. But you can simply reinstall Prism - the key is registered with your computer. Worked in 2010 have no idea about 2012. You need Pro for Metro. Mike > {quote:title=Phillip Woon wrote:}{quote} > I asked over at the Prism forum, but it's more lively over here. If I buy VS 2012 professional after I've already installed Prism XE3, will VS pro replace...

To install or not to install?

(Delphi 2009) DbxOracle pack not installing, why? [Edit]
Hi. I just installed Delphi 2009 here where I work. When i try to compile any project, delphi raise the exception on console saying: *[DCC Fatal Error] MyProject.dpr(812): F1026 File not found: 'DbxOracle.dcu'* Comparing another machine here, I see missing files: [those are missing in Lib Folder] - DbxOracle.dcu - DBXOracleDriver.dcp - DBXOracleDriver.lib - DBXOracleMetaData.dcu - DBXOracleMetaDataReader.dcu - DBXOracleMetaDataWriter.dcu - DBXOracleReadOnlyMetaData.dcu Is there something wrong with *dbpack_setup.exe* in the *Delphi_C++Builder2009_ISO_June2009.iso* ? ...

Installing IndyTiburon in Delphi 2009 Pro [Edit]
I installed D2009 Pro on a new laptop. I wanted to update Indy and based on the comments in this forum, it looked like I should pull the IndyTiburon zip from http://indy.fulgan.com/ZIP/. Now that I have the files, I am looking for the steps required to compile the code for D2009. Has anyone seen a doc for this? Edited by: Ivor Flannery on Sep 18, 2009 8:40 PM Ivor, I found this instruction (should work with Delphi2009 as well): All packages are followed by X0 (Where X is your Delphi verison). Example: For Delphi 6, the IndySystem package would be named: IndySystem60.dpk (P...

Delphi XE2 pro freezes
I have re-installed three times now. Applied update 2 each time as well as the Help update 2. Each time Delphi works somewhat but has problems with freezing while I am editing in the IDE. Twice now all I did was to start the IDE and click on the file menu and the IDE locked-up. Then I got the 'not responding' message. I waited a while but control never came back. Other times I have been able to load a project and edit it for a while - but it would lockup and I would have to kill it with the Task Manager. I would, of course, loose any changed files back to the last time I did a save....

Delphi Prism XE Feature Pack installation [Edit]
I needed to un-install Delphi Prism yesterday ... but when I tried to re-install the product (the Feature Pack portion) it informed me that the serial number I used was invalid - even though the serial number is correct (the one supplied by Embarcadero). Does anyone know how to resolve this? Product: RAD Studio Professional - Upgrade (from RAD Studio 2010) OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 - with all the latest product updates installed. Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Version 9.0.21022.8 RTM Microsoft .NET Framework Version 3.5 SP1 Installed Edition: Professional Microsoft Visual Basic ...

Tomcat installation failing during iManager 2.0.2 install
I'm trying to install iManager with default Tomcat server, the Tomcat installation fails with following error Unhandled Exception c0000005 access violation at address 500bf974 I was able to install iManager successfully on couple of other pcs. Thx Hi, I think you may have some faulty ram ..... John >>> <deepakg@interrait.com> 03/12/2004 >>> I'm trying to install iManager with default Tomcat server, the Tomcat installation fails with following error Unhandled Exception c0000005 access violation at address 500bf974 I was able to in...

Installing Windows FTP Hosed my DNN 2.1.2 Installation
I have a Windows Server 2003 running installations of DNN 2.1.2, 3.0.1 and 3.1.1.  They all reside in separate folders under D:\Web Sites\.  I installed FTP on my server and created an FTP site to D:\.  I chose to Isolate users, which is where I think I went wrong.  Now my DNN 2.1.2 sites are giving me an error about giving the NT Authority\Network Service account permissions to the virtual root of my website.  The 3.0.1 and 3.1.1 sites are fine and they also reside in D:\Web Sites.  I have an SQL Reporting Services Report Server on C: and I made a copy of the 2...

Migrating from XE7 to XE8 random access violation installing a design pack [Edit]
Sorry for double message I couldn't delete it. This front end is not responsive and I sumbit i t 2 times! Edited by: Davide Angeli on Jul 10, 2015 12:10 AM On Fri, 10 Jul 2015 00:11:39 -0700, Davide Angeli <> wrote: >Sorry for double message I couldn't delete it. This front end is not responsive and I sumbit i t 2 times! > >Edited by: Davide Angeli on Jul 10, 2015 12:10 AM Welcome to the broken Embarcadero user forum! It has been like this (or worse) since May 2014.... --- Bo Berglund Sweden & Texas Newsreader: Forte Free Agent 1.92/32.572 > {q...

jcl-2.3.1.4197 for Delphi 6 fails to install [Edit]
hello, i have a `jcl-2.3.1.4197` from http://sourceforge.net/projects/jcl/files/JCL%20Releases/JCL%202.3%20Build%204197/ i have installed the same for Delphi 7, and delphi 2006 without a problem but when installing for Delphi 6 it gives me an error {code} Borland Delphi Version 14.0 Copyright (c) 1983,2002 Borland Software Corporation G:\UFastMM4\Download\JCL-23~1.419\JCL-23~1.419\source\common\JclSysUtils.pas(1210) Error: Undeclared identifier: 'CheckWin32Version' G:\UFastMM4\Download\JCL-23~1.419\JCL-23~1.419\source\common\JclSysUtils.pas(1210) Error: Operator not applicabl...

Inspiron 1000 install problem (11.1, 11.2, net install, dvd install)
Ok, I have a plain jane Inspiron 1000, 2ghz celeron, 256m ram, 40gig hd, dvd. I burned 11.2 to dvd, 11.1 to dvd, tried installing both. Both get the dreaded "cannot create repository" (i'm paraphrasing). No problem, I download and burn 11.1, 11.2 net install's, checksums check out ok. I go through the first part where it downloads stuff from download.opensuse.com (or something similiar), then it fails again, not able to install. I get no message on the net installs. Just fails real quick with a red box. I tried a text install, fails. What gives? --...

MDAC 2.5 required to run, cannot install
 Hello!I have a problem with Data Access. There is a DLL i need to use, which was compiled in VB.6 using MDAC 2.5. I am using ..NET 2.0 and on my machine it's MDAC 2.8.When my program is trying to use that DLL, I get an error of connection not being open. The guy who created that DLL says I need to have MDAC 2.5 on my machine in order to use the DLL properly. However, when I download and try to install MDAC 2.5 it tells me that it's already installed on the machine. Yet, when I go to check in the registry, I get 2.8 and 2.6 as a rollback version. Here is the question: how do I i...

10.0.2 installed, still asks to install 10.0.2 update
I installed the 10.0.2 update about ten days ago and it is verified on the About page. However, I get numerous daily reminders to install the 10.0.2 update. So I checked "never check for updates" but that apparently isn't working either because I'm getting all of the reminders. So what's my only option: uninstall and then reinstall? I'm a bit leery of doing that: everything else seems to be functioning properly. However, when I previously installed the 10.0.1 update, numerous things were broken on my Win7 system and I had to revert to a restore poi...

Adware tried to install the instant I installed the FF 2.0.0.2 update
Name: Dylan McBride Email: vituloratgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Adware tried to install the instant I installed the FF 2.0.0.2 update Comments: Can someone explain to me why the very instant I installed the update for Firefox browser, to version 2.0.0.2 Webroot Spy Sweeper popped open showing it prevented an Adware from 180 Assistant/Zango? I am NOT impressed. I hope you are not using ADWARE in your browser. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.2) Gecko/20070219 Firefox/2.0.0.2 ...

Try to install pidgin 2.5.8 but installs 2.5.1 instead
Hi, I installed pidgin from suse 11.1 dvd and it installed me the pidgin 2.5.1. I saw that that version doesn't solve the yahoo issues, I needed the pidgin 2.5.8 version. I download the source, run: ./configure (with all depedencies) make Then, I uninstall the pidgin I have installed (the 2.5.1) and run: sudo zypper install pidgin This installs me the pidgin 2.5.1 and not the 2.5.8 I already compile. Does someone knows how to make to have the 2.5.8 running ? regards agunet74 -- Turbo 3000+ | 1593,57 MHz | 979 MB RAM | HARD DISK 40G Media | ...

Installation of iManager 2.7 Support Pack 2 failed
*Hey, I'm new to iManager. I installed iManager 2.7 and willing to install the plug-in: iManager 2.7 Support Pack 2. When trying to install the plug-in from within iManager 2.7 itself by going to Configure | Plug-in Installation | Available Novell Plug-in Modules, I found nothing here: no available plug-in modules. So I click on "add" to add the iman27_sp2.npm, then "ok" and back to the list without any modules added...:S I'm wondering what the problem is and if there is any other method to install this plug-in? -To note that during the installation of...

Install 2.2 over 2.014?
Can I just download 2.2 and install over 2.014 or do I need to wait for the automatic update? Interviewed by CNN on 11/07/2011 17:31, Test told the world: > Can I just download 2.2 and install over 2.014 or do I need to wait for > the automatic update? Yes you can. -- MCBastos This message has been protected with the 2ROT13 algorithm. Unauthorized use will be prosecuted under the DMCA. -=-=- .... Sent from my McCauley Omnicom. *Added by TagZilla 0.066.2 running on Seamonkey 2.1 * Get it at http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/modifiedmailnews.html#tagzilla ...

Should I Save it and then Install or Run to install straightaway? #2
Name: Maureen Pritchett Email: firefox_at_cambridgetelenet.co.uk Product: Firefox Summary: Should I Save it and then Install or Run to install straightaway? Comments: I clicked on Download (Firefox 2) and was asked whether I wanted to Run the installation or Save it to Disc and then run the installation. What are the pros and cons of each please? Which gives the most troublefree installation? Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727) Maureen Pritchett wrote: > Name: Maureen Pritchett > Email: ...

2.22.1 Install nag: Did not install.....!!
I checked for the latest update and allowed Seamonkey to download the update and install. I never do that, preferring to download the file and do a manual install. The instructions are to restart Seamonkey for the update to be installed. I did that and got the message that "the update could not be installed because Seamonkey is already running, etc." and a new Seamonkey browser opens immediately after closing the message. I restarted Seamonkey several times and the message just repeats. I decided to do my usual and download the latest update, installed it with hig...

Groupwise of 5.2 of SBS 4.2 installing on XP Pro WS
Hi Every body, I have an WS with XP Pro Installed, just wondering would I be able to install and run the Groupwise client 5.2 that comes with the 4.2 SBS client installation disk? Has anyone have problems with this kind of installation, if Yes, is there any fix? Appreciate for your input. Thanks Billy. Billy, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com/search/kb_index.jsp - Check all of the other support tools and options available at http://support.novell.com in the "free product support" drop down box. - You could also try posting your message again. Make sure it is posted in the correct newsgroup. (http://support.novell.com/forums) Unfortunately your product is no longer officially supported by Novell. If all else fails, you may want to consider an upgrade (http://www.novell.com/products) If this is a reply to a duplicate posting, please ignore and accept our apologies and rest assured we will issue a stern reprimand to our posting bot. Good luck! Your Novell Product Support Forums Team http://support.novell.com/forums/ ...

Can I install DNN3.2.2 on SQL Server 2005 Enterprise Edition
Can I install DNN3.2.2 on SQL Server 2005 Enterprise Edition, are they both compatible? any info about it will be appreciated. Sure, I haven't tried it, but it should not be a problem. Go ahead and try it, and let me know if you run into any issues.John M. by all counts, this should be no worries. I have a few 3.2.2 sites on sql2k5 and even, believe it or not, a 1.110e as well. I have noted a few odd issues with custom modules, where sorting in the dataset coming out of the db seems to be lost, reverting back to raw sort order, but all in all, no worries.. cheers, drew.. Yes, you ar...

Emergency! I just installed the automatic installation of 2.0.0.8 (up from 2.0.0.7) and now FF w
Name: Steve Johnson Product: Firefox Summary: Emergency! I just installed the automatic installation of 2.0.0.8 (up from 2.0.0.7) and now FF w Comments: I just installed the automatic installation of 2.0.0.8 (up from 2.0.0.7) and now FF won't start at all! I was using it, all was well, the box appeared saying I should upgrade to fix security yada yada, I clicked ok, and now all is kaput. Specifically, when I try to run FF, the cursor returns, but no process is launched. Not sure how to even debug this! Was this update a trojan? Now I am totally dead in the water! God, I hate FIREFOX!!!!! Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727) ...

How can I make a installation package for my ASP.NET 2.0 website just like Community Server 2.1 installer?
The Community Server 2.1 installation package can create web virtual folder,and can configure virtual folder as an application,and can set permissions for folder, and can create SQL 2005 DB, and can create username and password for the DB, could you tell me what utility can do that? Many Thanks!SuperCool Multiple ZIP - A utility to unzip multiple files and work with multiple zip filesSuperCool Random Number Generator Visual Studio 2005 supports Web Setup project which can create installation package. You can also using other Installation tools like InstallShield, etc. to do so.   C...

Ancestry.com (2 part installation) viewer failed to install because part 2, an addon, was incompatible with 3.5 Beta 4
Name: C.Hollister Email: heidichowataoldotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Ancestry.com (2 part installation) viewer failed to install because part 2, an addon, was incompatible with 3.5 Beta 4 Comments: Ancestry.com viewer download installation in 2 parts: Part 1 installed MFviewer successful Part 2 - Addon failed to install - it was not compatible with Firefox 3.5Beta4 This viewer is necessary in order to view Ancestry documents. The viewer works on current Firefox version Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1b4) Gecko/20090423 Firefox/3....

Web resources about - XE8 Pro - Component packs only install partially [Edit] #2 - embarcadero.delphi.install

Waterproof components listed for Galaxy S7 on import tracking site
... at least water-resistant – rumors are starting to look increasingly solid. Import tracking site Zauba has revealed several “waterproof” components ...

Minecraft: Pocket Edition receives a new update with additional Redstone components
... fare like elevators. It definitely opens up the possibilities in the already multi-faceted game. The update adds other Redstone components ...

The hidden story of one of the iPhone’s most important components
... it’s probably the software and the ecosystem around it that stand out. But to make all this software magic possible possible, there’s one component ...

A fundamental component of the 'Making a Murderer' mystery relies on a single test — here’s what we know ...
The moment viewers think the tide could change in the trial of Steven Avery comes with the discovery of a hole in a tube. Avery, the subject ...

Auto Expo 2016 - The Motor Show & Components, Delhi,India - Business Standard
Get latest Cars, bikes, auto vehicle launches and News on The Motor & Components Show from Auto Expo 2016. Get exclusive updates for car, bike ...

There's more to Lent than fasting: a look at the 3 components of Lenten observance
If you only paid attention to the mainstream media, you would be forgiven for thinking that Lent is all about fasting in response to Jesus' temptation ...

Iran exports heavy water, a nuclear reactor component, to US
TEHRAN, Iran (AP) — Iran's semi-official ISNA news agency says the country has exported heavy water, a key component for one kind of nuclear ...

Dell increases sourcing of PC component from China
Dell reportedly has significantly increased its desktop component supply from China-based players for 2016 and is planning to increase the supply ...

16 Dow Components Set 52-Week Lows Last Week, These 5 That Bounced The Most
The Dow did not set a new 52-week low last week but 16 components did and these five stocks rebounded by more than 6% above their lows.