XE8 Pro - Component packs only install partially [Edit]

*This seems to be related to the way XE8 installed itself on my system, that's why I'm posting it here:*

Win 8.1 64bit (all updates applied), Delphi XE8 Pro Update 1, Delphi 2010 Pro (all updates applied)
Programs, BPL and DCP on C:\ drive (SSD), component sources on E:\ hard drive.

I just installed XE8 and tried to setup my work environment again.  Strangely though, none of my third-party component packs (such as TRichView or ImageEn for example) seem to install correctly in XE8.  After the installers have finished without warnings, all files are in their proper places, but when I open XE8, only a small fraction of the components is visible on the Tool Palette.  I tried several things already like uninstalling and reinstalling the components, adding browsing paths manually, and crea
ting a Win64 directory in the Public Documents folder, but to no avail.  In D2010 all components install just fine.

Has anyone come across this odd behavior before?  I'm running out of ideas. Same goes for the component vendors who haven't come across this problem.

Thanks
-Uwe

Edited by: Uwe Molzahn on Jul 15, 2015 10:46 AM
0
Uwe

Install VS 2012 pro after installing Delphi Prism XE3?
I asked over at the Prism forum, but it's more lively over here. If I buy VS 2012 professional after I've already installed Prism XE3, will VS pro replace the shell, and will Prism now work in VS Pro? Not sure, I doubt. But you can simply reinstall Prism - the key is registered with your computer. Worked in 2010 have no idea about 2012. You need Pro for Metro. Mike > {quote:title=Phillip Woon wrote:}{quote} > I asked over at the Prism forum, but it's more lively over here. If I buy VS 2012 professional after I've already installed Prism XE3, will VS pro replace...

To install or not to install?

Installing IndyTiburon in Delphi 2009 Pro [Edit]
I installed D2009 Pro on a new laptop. I wanted to update Indy and based on the comments in this forum, it looked like I should pull the IndyTiburon zip from http://indy.fulgan.com/ZIP/. Now that I have the files, I am looking for the steps required to compile the code for D2009. Has anyone seen a doc for this? Edited by: Ivor Flannery on Sep 18, 2009 8:40 PM Ivor, I found this instruction (should work with Delphi2009 as well): All packages are followed by X0 (Where X is your Delphi verison). Example: For Delphi 6, the IndySystem package would be named: IndySystem60.dpk (P...

(Delphi 2009) DbxOracle pack not installing, why? [Edit]
Hi. I just installed Delphi 2009 here where I work. When i try to compile any project, delphi raise the exception on console saying: *[DCC Fatal Error] MyProject.dpr(812): F1026 File not found: 'DbxOracle.dcu'* Comparing another machine here, I see missing files: [those are missing in Lib Folder] - DbxOracle.dcu - DBXOracleDriver.dcp - DBXOracleDriver.lib - DBXOracleMetaData.dcu - DBXOracleMetaDataReader.dcu - DBXOracleMetaDataWriter.dcu - DBXOracleReadOnlyMetaData.dcu Is there something wrong with *dbpack_setup.exe* in the *Delphi_C++Builder2009_ISO_June2009.iso* ? ...

Delphi XE2 pro freezes
I have re-installed three times now. Applied update 2 each time as well as the Help update 2. Each time Delphi works somewhat but has problems with freezing while I am editing in the IDE. Twice now all I did was to start the IDE and click on the file menu and the IDE locked-up. Then I got the 'not responding' message. I waited a while but control never came back. Other times I have been able to load a project and edit it for a while - but it would lockup and I would have to kill it with the Task Manager. I would, of course, loose any changed files back to the last time I did a save....

Delphi Prism XE Feature Pack installation [Edit]
I needed to un-install Delphi Prism yesterday ... but when I tried to re-install the product (the Feature Pack portion) it informed me that the serial number I used was invalid - even though the serial number is correct (the one supplied by Embarcadero). Does anyone know how to resolve this? Product: RAD Studio Professional - Upgrade (from RAD Studio 2010) OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 - with all the latest product updates installed. Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Version 9.0.21022.8 RTM Microsoft .NET Framework Version 3.5 SP1 Installed Edition: Professional Microsoft Visual Basic ...

Migrating from XE7 to XE8 random access violation installing a design pack [Edit]
Sorry for double message I couldn't delete it. This front end is not responsive and I sumbit i t 2 times! Edited by: Davide Angeli on Jul 10, 2015 12:10 AM On Fri, 10 Jul 2015 00:11:39 -0700, Davide Angeli <> wrote: >Sorry for double message I couldn't delete it. This front end is not responsive and I sumbit i t 2 times! > >Edited by: Davide Angeli on Jul 10, 2015 12:10 AM Welcome to the broken Embarcadero user forum! It has been like this (or worse) since May 2014.... --- Bo Berglund Sweden & Texas Newsreader: Forte Free Agent 1.92/32.572 > {q...

edir 8.8 partial install nmas not installed
I attempt to rerun the edir8.8 install, but bombs out stating already installed. don't know how to get the nmas version bundled in 8.8 installed. any help is appreciated. http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/tip/16711.html Cheers, Akos Scott S wrote: > I attempt to rerun the edir8.8 install, but bombs out stating already > installed. don't know how to get the nmas version bundled in 8.8 > installed. any help is appreciated. Terrific!!! Thanks. On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 06:33:08 GMT, Akos Szechy <aszechy@remove_this.myrealbox.com> wrote: >http:...

Is there a Gzip installer that I could install ?
Trying to make things easier I have a question about the linux desktop interface .. is direct package installed that I could use opening it on files using the right click method from windows ? "open with" / "chosen freeware" = click ! -- Cypher7 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Cypher7 wrote: > > Trying to make things easier I have a question about the linux desktop > interface The linux desktop interface can be a lot of things, KDE,GNOME, windowmaker to name but a few. > .. is direct packa...

no install after installing jvm141
i have waited for a few days now to see if anyone would reply to my last response and got nothing so far so i figured i would repost everything in hopes that someone woudl be able to help me, please read below. ============================ In article , wrote: > i cant find the install opption on the GUI to install imanager. i just > updated to the newest jvm and the gui looks totally differnet, and the > start options all changed. any ideas? > What exact NetWare version are you using (including SP)? In theory, you should use the "install" option in ...

Delphi 2005 installation [Edit]
Delphi 2005 installation I’m giving up, my Delphi 2006 not working, now I’m going back to Delphi 2005 I have business computer (small size) has no CD or DVD. Now I want to install Delphi 2005, but for about 3 hours to find out what is the problem, I get error 1309, then 1308 etc. Any way, how to install Delphi 2005 to a computer without CD or DVD. I tried shared CD/DVD didn’t work, I copied all files locally and didn’t work Looks my luck going down with Delphi Thanks Edited by: Mike Thomas on Aug 13, 2009 3:34 PM Mike Thomas wrote: > Delphi 2005 installation > ...

Delphi 7 installation [Edit]
I am moving to a new laptop and after installing Delphi 7 and registering I cannot view any forms in Delphi. For example: I can create a new MDI App and open the About.pas and I cannot view the form itself. Also, New form and numerous other options are not available in the New Items dialog when I click File->New->Other. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks All, Branden Johnson Edited by: Branden Johnson on Aug 31, 2009 9:18 AM Branden Johnson wrote: > I am moving to a new laptop and after installing Delphi 7 and > registering I cannot view any forms in...

Occassional appearance of Install/Install.aspx?mode=Install
Since upgrading to 3.1.1 I am getting the occasional redirection to Install/Install.aspx?mode=Install.  Is anyone else recieving this or does this suggest the installation script didn't complete?Jonathan Palmer Check your web.config and see if install=true.... In a previous version this was happening to me until i turned it off. ...

How do I install glScene in Delphi XE8?
I want to upgrade my team from Delphi 2006 to Delphi XE8. Before I do that, I need to make sure that it's even possible, so I'm using myself as a guinea pig to get it all working on my stem, and I'm failing. The sticking point is glScene. I can't install glScene for XE8, and instead get loads of compiler errors when I try to install it. It is unclear from the glScene web site(s) what the latest version is, and what versions of Delphi it supports. The installation instructions are also not so great. Is it possible, or is glScene such a dead project that I should give ...

Web resources about - XE8 Pro - Component packs only install partially [Edit] - embarcadero.delphi.install

AirAsia disaster: Indonesia cites faulty component, crew response in crash
Pilots appear to have reset the computer system's circuit breaker, leading to a series of failures that caused them to lose control of the plane ...

Teardown of iPad Pro reveals revamped component layout
... Apple device teardown on the iPad Pro on Wednesday, revealing a reworked internal design dominated by massive batteries and bespoke audio components. ...

Japan follows US lead in banning certain Takata components
Filed under: Government/Legal , Safety , Japan Like the US, Japan will ban certain Takata's airbag inflators from vehicles in development, and ...

Samsung reportedly lost key iPhone 7 component business
... for Samsung , which is ironic considering the two companies are fierce rivals in the mobile business. The Korean giant produces various components ...

Crew, faulty component caused AirAsia crash
Indonesian investigators said crew action and a faulty component caused the AirAsia jet crash in the Java Sea last year, killing 162 passengers. ...

IDG Contributor Network: Four critical patches for November Patch Tuesday update core Windows and Office ...
Microsoft's November Patch Tuesday brings us four critical updates and eight important patches that attempt to resolve 54 reported vulnerabilities ...

Immigration Law Enforcement: A Vital Component Of National Security And Counterterrorism
While the administration claims that these refugees are being vetted, there is no way to actually screen these people

OLEDWorks finalizes acquisition of key parts of Philips OLED light source components business
OLEDWorks has announced that it has completed the acquisition of key OLED assets and relevant intellectual property from Royal Philips. Manufacturing ...

Teflon Component Tied to Kids' Weight Gain
PFOA, a main component of Teflon, has been linked to increased body fat and faster weight gain in children.