XE8 Horrible Welcome Page

Anyone know how to get a Welcome page that looks like the XE7 Welcome
page instead of the CRAPPY (<== My opinion!!!) looking XE8 Welcome
page?!?!?!

I don't understand why some things that are NOT broken get messed with!
<SIGH>

IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T "FIX" (or F*** with) IT!!!!!!!

--

   Q  --  XanaNews 1.19.1.372 -  2015-04-30 15:35:22
0

its not that bad surely
its just different
some people dont like change
everything is there that you need..except maybe favourites?
its good to have easy links to the new getit
and to tutorials, etc
0
Brian
5/1/2015 1:49:34 AM
So... does this imply there is a way to get FAVOURITES back
and use the Welcome (or other page) to manage / retrieve projects?
I was wondering about that as well...

On 04/30/2015 9:49 PM, Brian Hamilton Hamilton wrote:
> its not that bad surely
> its just different
> some people dont like change
> everything is there that you need..except maybe favourites?
> its good to have easy links to the new getit
> and to tutorials, etc

0
Rudy
5/1/2015 11:53:13 AM
Brian,

| its not that bad surely
| its just different

Wrong.  I realize that's "my opinion."  But I think it sucked.

However, it doesn't matter now.  After fighting with XE8 for two-plus
days:

I have wasted two and a half days, and suffered a totally trashed
system, trying to install XE8 and my 3rd-party components.

I have decided that XE8 is, for me, a SERIOUSLY FLAWED version!!!!!!!

I am scrapping XE8!!!!!!!

--

   Q  --  XanaNews 1.19.1.372 -  2015-05-01 10:40:29
0
> {quote:title=Quentin Correll wrote:}{quote}
> Brian,
>
> | its not that bad surely
> | its just different
>
> Wrong.  I realize that's "my opinion."  But I think it sucked.
>
> However, it doesn't matter now.  After fighting with XE8 for two-plus
> days:
>
> I have wasted two and a half days, and suffered a totally trashed
> system, trying to install XE8 and my 3rd-party components.
>
> I have decided that XE8 is, for me, a SERIOUSLY FLAWED version!!!!!!!
>
> I am scrapping XE8!!!!!!!

What issues have you encountered?

--
Dalija Prasnikar
0
Rudy Poseika wrote:
> So... does this imply there is a way to get FAVOURITES back
> and use the Welcome (or other page) to manage / retrieve projects?
> I was wondering about that as well...

No, but Marco has acknowledged that favorites should be there and should be
brought back hopefully in the first patch.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
              (Fish)
> What issues have you encountered?
exactly....it should have been no harder than XE7, to upgrade to..
was not for me anyway...
0
Brian
5/1/2015 7:09:57 PM
> {quote:title=Quentin Correll wrote:}{quote}
> Anyone know how to get a Welcome page that looks like the XE7 Welcome
> page instead of the CRAPPY (<== My opinion!!!) looking XE8 Welcome
> page?!?!?!
>
> I don't understand why some things that are NOT broken get messed with!
> <SIGH>
>
> IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T "FIX" (or F*** with) IT!!!!!!!
>
> --
>
>    Q  --  XanaNews 1.19.1.372 -  2015-04-30 15:35:22

I AGREE!

I added the -np switch to keep it off my screen, but I lost things I wanted.
0
Jim
5/1/2015 10:36:35 PM
Have you tried to copy the one from XE7 after making a backup? All the code should be under the "Welcomepage" folder
0
Borja
5/4/2015 2:24:26 PM
Borja,

| Have you tried to copy the one from XE7 after making a backup? All
| the code should be under the "Welcomepage" folder

No.  And XE8 trashed my system so I have just decided to restore my
system to my XE7 environment and totally forget XE8.

--

   Q  --  XanaNews 1.19.1.372 -  2015-05-04 10:12:27
0
"Quentin Correll" wrote on Mon, 4 May 2015 10:14:38 -0700:

>  And XE8 trashed my system

How did you determine that?

--
Brandon Staggs
StudyLamp Software LLC

| |   And XE8 trashed my system
|
| How did you determine that?

After installing XE8 NOTHING "Delphi" worked, including my XE7
environment!!!  I had to restore my c:\ drive from a full back-up from
four days prior to installing XE8 (Last prior full C:\ back-up I had.).

--

   Q  --  XanaNews 1.19.1.372 -  2015-05-04 11:40:17
0
"Quentin Correll" wrote on Mon, 4 May 2015 11:45:54 -0700:

> Brandon,
>
>||   And XE8 trashed my system
>|
>| How did you determine that?
>
> After installing XE8 NOTHING "Delphi" worked, including my XE7
> environment!!!  I had to restore my c:\ drive from a full back-up from
> four days prior to installing XE8 (Last prior full C:\ back-up I had.).

Yes, but how do you know what the cause was?  I have XE8 installed.
It and XE7 (and other previous versions) all work just fine.

I have tracked problems to third-party installers hosing my Delphi
library paths, and things like that.  I was just curious your
methodology in determining XE8 to be "at fault."

--
Brandon Staggs
StudyLamp Software LLC
> {quote:title=Brandon Staggs wrote:}{quote}
> "Quentin Correll" wrote on Mon, 4 May 2015 11:45:54 -0700:
>
> > Brandon,

> >| How did you determine that?
> >
> > After installing XE8 NOTHING "Delphi" worked, including my XE7
> > environment!!!  I had to restore my c:\ drive from a full back-up from
> > four days prior to installing XE8 (Last prior full C:\ back-up I had.).
>
> Yes, but how do you know what the cause was?  I have XE8 installed.
> It and XE7 (and other previous versions) all work just fine.
>
> I have tracked problems to third-party installers hosing my Delphi
> library paths, and things like that.  I was just curious your
> methodology in determining XE8 to be "at fault."

Delphi installers add to much stuff into PAT variable, as result at some point
your whole system can go down...

Some related bug reports (probably there are more)

IDE should not require entries in the system path
https://quality.embarcadero.com/browse/RSP-10321

RAD Studio Installer adds to the System PATH variable needlessly
https://quality.embarcadero.com/browse/RSP-10428

--
Dalija Prasnikar
0
"Quentin Correll" wrote on Mon, 4 May 2015 11:45:54 -0700:

> Brandon,
>
>||   And XE8 trashed my system
>|
>| How did you determine that?
>
> After installing XE8 NOTHING "Delphi" worked, including my XE7
> environment!!!  I had to restore my c:\ drive from a full back-up from
> four days prior to installing XE8 (Last prior full C:\ back-up I had.).

Yes, but how do you know what the cause was?  I have XE8 installed.
It and XE7 (and other previous versions) all work just fine.

I have tracked problems to third-party installers hosing my Delphi
library paths, and things like that.  I was just curious your
methodology in determining XE8 to be "at fault."

--
Brandon Staggs
StudyLamp Software LLC
http://www.studylamp.com
0
Brandon
5/5/2015 11:19:57 PM
Brandon,

| Yes, but how do you know what the cause was?  I have XE8 installed.
| It and XE7 (and other previous versions) all work just fine.
|
| I have tracked problems to third-party installers hosing my Delphi
| library paths, and things like that.  I was just curious your
| methodology in determining XE8 to be "at fault."

I was so p*ssed I did not try to debug it and find out the root
cause(s). 3rd-party "stuff" may indeed have been the underlying causes,
even though they all stated they were for XE8.  I don't get paid for
nor have the time to debug stuff I pay $$$ for and expect to work!

--

   Q  --  XanaNews 1.19.1.372 -  2015-05-06 11:17:03
0

Dupe.

--

   Q  --  XanaNews 1.19.1.372 -  2015-05-06 11:21:36
0
>And XE8 trashed my system so I have just decided to restore my
>system to my XE7 environment and totally forget XE8.

Q,

As Dalija says, there could be a problem with overloading of the Windows
"Path" environment variable in your PC. In case you have not yet come
across it, I have found "Rapid Environment Editor" to be a really good
tool for resolving such issues:
http://www.rapidee.com/en/about

It is GUI-based, quite straightforward to use, highlights any broken
directory paths and allows one to get at each individual element in the
Path string.  One hint: with modern versions of Windows, be sure to
start the thing via "Run as administrator" when you wish to make
changes.

HTH,
--
Bob Evans
0

| I have found "Rapid Environment Editor" to be a really good
| tool for resolving such issues:
| http://www.rapidee.com/en/about

Thanks!

--

   Q  --  XanaNews 1.19.1.372 -  2015-06-25 11:19:05
0

| I have found "Rapid Environment Editor" to be a really good
| tool for resolving such issues:
| http://www.rapidee.com/en/about

Thanks!

--

   Q  --  XanaNews 1.19.1.372 -  2015-06-25 11:19:05
0
Quentin
6/26/2015 10:13:30 PM
Robert,

| I have found "Rapid Environment Editor" to be a really good
| tool for resolving such issues:
| http://www.rapidee.com/en/about

Thanks!

--

   Q  --  XanaNews 1.19.1.372 -  2015-06-25 11:19:05
0
Quentin

Welcome page & Tab Mix Installed Page open every time
Pruning FF 8.0.1, Win XP sp3. A few updates ago the FF Welcome page started to open every time I started FF, and the check for compatible extensions would run before the actual opening. I managed to suppress the Welcome page, and simply ignored the extension check, but with the last update or so the Welcome page (now, the Getting Started page) is opening again, and in addition a page telling me that the latest version of Tab Mix is installed and wouldn't I please make a donation. I normally open with about a dozen tabs, hold-overs from the last session (and, yes, I want those ta...

How do I install glScene in Delphi XE8?
I want to upgrade my team from Delphi 2006 to Delphi XE8. Before I do that, I need to make sure that it's even possible, so I'm using myself as a guinea pig to get it all working on my stem, and I'm failing. The sticking point is glScene. I can't install glScene for XE8, and instead get loads of compiler errors when I try to install it. It is unclear from the glScene web site(s) what the latest version is, and what versions of Delphi it supports. The installation instructions are also not so great. Is it possible, or is glScene such a dead project that I should give ...

display welcome page after install
Hi, Some extensions display a page in a tab each time an update happens (a welcome page with indications about how to make the extension work). Can someone tell me how to display my help page just one time, at the first browser opening after the extension was installed. Thanks for your help Fran=E7ois Fxp wrote: > Hi, > > Some extensions display a page in a tab each time an update happens (a > welcome page with indications about how to make the extension work). > > Can someone tell me how to display my help page just one time, at the > first brow...

Welcome Page problem in Delphi 2006
My Delphi 2006 Welcome Page is stuck in "(Offline Mode)" indicated in red next to the date. Is there a known problem connecting to the RSS feed in Delphi 2006? Does anyone have suggestions that might help me work around this? Thanks, Steve Am 13.04.2010 15:59, schrieb Steve Kramer: > My Delphi 2006 Welcome Page is stuck in "(Offline Mode)" indicated in > red next to the date. > > Is there a known problem connecting to the RSS feed in Delphi 2006? Does > anyone have suggestions that might help me work around this? This is a known problem...

XE8
I'm missing the favorite view on the welcomepage. On previous version, I manage my over 200 project files in favorites groups. How can I get this view in XE8? ...

Delphi 2009: Delete a project from the Welcome Page
Can someone tell me how to do this? > {quote:title=ARMtech User wrote:}{quote} > Can someone tell me how to do this? Since there are at least three places a project can be on the Welcome Page (My Favorites, Recent Projects, and Recently Opened Projects), you'll need to be a little more specific. :-) Which one of those did you want to delete from? > {quote:title=Ken White wrote:}{quote} > > {quote:title=ARMtech User wrote:}{quote} > > Can someone tell me how to do this? > > Since there are at least three places a project can be on the Welcome Page (My...

Horrible, Horrible, Horrible!!!!!!!!!
Name: Kenneth Chmielewski Email: kingfishkenatearthlinkdotnet Product: Shiretoko Summary: Horrible, Horrible, Horrible!!!!!!!!! Comments: Ever since you have introduced this to my computer, I have had nothing but trouble. What the heck is going on? I can't get to my browser most of the time. Please fix this immediately or I'll be going elsewhere! By the way, what the heck is a Humaness Check? Come on, get with the program.............. Can't even read it! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.1b3) Gecko/20090305 Firefox/3.1...

What happens to OES2 welcome page after ZCM10 install?
On a base SLES10sp1 install, you just go to https://ZENworks_Server_Address to access the ZCC. But, what if you have OES2 server, with the Welcome Page? Will ZCM overwrite the welcome page redirection? Or, what if you installed SLES10sp1, then ZCM, then OES2 last? Will OES2 overwrite the ZCC web page redirection? Perhaps the documentation should be more clear on this. -Eric Eric, when we actually /have/ OES2, maybe we will... -- Shaun Pond Ok, we can play that game and pretend the public beta doesn't exist ;-) "Shaun Pond" <shaun@fal...

WElcome Page error following SP install
NW 6.5, just installed SP5: I am getting an HTTP Status 500 error when accessing the Welcome page. I can access other pages like Webaccess, imanager and ifolder without error. This worked fine on SP2 before installing SP5. I have attached the details of the error. This is the first problem of this type I have encountered so any advice is appreciated. Thanks. Forgot to attach the log. "PatM" <pmuellerNOSPAM@cmt-law.com> wrote in message news:T6iRf.239$b33.127@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com... > NW 6.5, just installed SP5: > I am getting an HTTP Status...

Welcome page keeps displaying after installing update
I installed the recent update. When I start the browser I keep getting the Welcome page - this will npt display again. But it does. Here is the product data. Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.2) Gecko/20060308 Firefox/1.5.0.2 Any ideas? thanks...charlie _cs_hart@yahoo.com_ spoke thusly on 26/04/2006 4:10 PM: > I installed the recent update. When I start the browser I keep getting > the Welcome page - this will npt display again. But it does. Here is > the product data. > Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.2) > Gecko...

Paging Paging Paging
I am trying to do paging with my search results and it isnt working very well. Here is what I've tried and I feel I've tried everything, lol, please help me out. Sub DataGrid1_SortCommand(Sender as object, e as DataGridSortCOmmandEventArgs) DataGrid1.DataBind() End Sub Sub Datagrid1_PageIndexChanged(Sender as object, e as DataGridPageChangedEventArgs) Dim ds as dataSet DataGrid1.CurrentPageIndex = e.NewPageIndex if Session("Search") is nothing then 'Session probably has expired, get the datasource from database Datagrid1.DataSource = ...

Installer Class, send user back to welcome page
Hi, Is there a way i could send a user back to the welcome page from an installer class?  I'm planning on testing a SQL Connection string to it for testing before being added to the web.config. If it fails to connect then they must reenter the details.  RegardsLiam If you've had a problem then someone else has too. Google is your friend. google for your topic title....

Novel Welcome page disappear after install new software
Hi, I try to set up freeradius for 802.1X authentication on the OES linux server. I use YAST and select FreeRadius and install from the source CDs. However, after the installation is finish, when I browse to the server IP address, I got the default apache page instead of the Novel Welcome page. I could use the https://<ip address:2200 page to manage my apache server and phpMyadmin page any more. Did any body run into this and is there any fix ? Thanks Bolwin Lo Lobster You only see the Welcome page on OES Linux if there isn't a index.html file in the /srv/w...

Cannot install to iphone 6 using Delphi XE8
I am updating my apps on itunes and on install, I keep getting the error e8008016. All new certificates and provisioning profiles were made and installed and everything installs using development and AD HOC configuration profile, but not Application Store as on install, I get the error e8008016. The CFBundleIdentifier fields all match the development and distribution profile app ids. All Provisioning Profiles are listed using iPhone Configuration Utility (iOS 8.3 and latest version of OSX. (xCode 6.3) Si nce I am using tethering in my apps, I added HomeKit on the app ID on the iOS certificat...

Web resources about - XE8 Horrible Welcome Page - embarcadero.delphi.install

Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog (soundtrack) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog is the 2008 soundtrack to the web series of the same name . It was released exclusively through the iTunes Store ...

Dr. Horrible (@drhorrible) on Twitter
Sign in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Dr. Horrible @ drhorrible ...

→ Penny Arcade’s Insultingly Horrible Job
Is this real? Please let this be a joke. This is everything wrong with tech-startup culture, unreasonable expectations, and workaholism in one ...

Horrible Histories Magazine Lite on the App Store on iTunes
Get Horrible Histories Magazine Lite on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

YouTube - HORRIBLE!! Omaha Police Group Posts Video of Black Toddler Swearing and Warns About 'The Thug ...
Veröffentlicht am 07.01.2014 Folks...this video is bad. Really, really bad and it will make you angry. It contains extreme profanity and discussion ...

Horrible history unwrapped at QPAC
... like an Egyptian at the Lyric Theatre this weekend. “A lot of my friends were very excited to find out I was doing the theatre version of Horrible ...

19 Horrible Things That Can Happen If You Drink Too Much Caffeine
The coffee hit is an essential start to the day for millions of people around the world each morning.

Vain fugitive gets his wish over 'horrible' mugshot
A wanted man who complained to police about his &quot;horrible&quot; mugshot and requested they use a better one in their public appeal to find ...

Our numbers made horrible reading - Herald Sun
WE called it a "red flag". The contested ball numbers from our loss to West Coast last weekend made for horrible reading. We were minus 33 in ...

Life in Russian jail is horrible, says Aussie Greenpeace activist
AN Australian Greenpeace protester detained in Russia says conditions in prison are "horrible" but she's buoyed by news of protests around the ...