Upgrading to Delphi 2009 from Delphi 5

I've decided it's time to upgrade to Delphi 2009 Professional from my current Delphi 5 Professional which (according to the FAQ) makes me eligible for the upgrade pricing.

However, I'd just like to clarify how this process works. My concern is that my Delphi 5 is not registered on the CodeGear site and this doesn't seem to be possible as far as I can tell. When installing the trial I noticed that Delphi 2009 registers itself with your CodeGear account so does this mean that the previous version must be registered there to verify you own a Professional edition?

I plan to order the DVD version of D2009 through the Asia/Pacific CodeGear/Digital River site and I just want to be sure that I'm not going to face any activation issues.

Thanks.
0
Andrew

There are no checks you have a previous version installed.

Andrew Ingham wrote:
> I've decided it's time to upgrade to Delphi 2009 Professional from my current Delphi 5 Professional which (according to the FAQ) makes me eligible for the upgrade pricing.
>
> However, I'd just like to clarify how this process works. My concern is that my Delphi 5 is not registered on the CodeGear site and this doesn't seem to be possible as far as I can tell. When installing the trial I noticed that Delphi 2009 registers itself with your CodeGear account so does this mean that the previous version must be registered there to verify you own a Professional edition?
>
> I plan to order the DVD version of D2009 through the Asia/Pacific CodeGear/Digital River site and I just want to be sure that I'm not going to face any activation issues.
>
> Thanks.
0
quinn
12/9/2008 5:12:01 PM
Andrew Ingham <> wrote:

>I've decided it's time to upgrade to Delphi 2009 Professional from my current Delphi 5 Professional

I upgraded from D6 Pro to D2009 Pro without any problems
--
Bob Small
0

Delphi 5 To Delphi 2009

Delphi 5 to Delphi 6 and up

Delphi 4 to Delphi 2009

Delphi 5 to Delphi XE4

Upgrade from Delphi 5 and Delphi XE: Variant and SysUtils unit problems.
Hi. I am a newbie to Delhi XE. I have just taken on the task of converting my stuff from Delphi 5 [sic] to Delphi XE. The first errors I got was "Variants unit out of data or corrupted" and "symbol deprecated" in SysUtils I hope I can fix the problem by simply pointing to the "up-to-date" units. I am also wondering wether I will not have to switch to Unicode, since the errors seem to be string related (not that I know what changing to Unicode entails). Any help? Marcus > {quote:title=Marcus de Bruin wrote:}{quote} > Hi. > > I...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Migration from Delphi 5 to Delphi 2005
Hi, Currently we are using Delphi 5 in that we have lot of source file now we planned to migrate from Delphi 5 to Delphi 2005. My question is - 1. Is it possible to migrate directly from Delphi 5 to Delphi 2005, my old code was developed using Delphi 5 IDE. Can we able to compile and build without any issue in Delphi 2005? 2. If we can able to do then what are the ways to migrate to Delphi 2005 IDE and also provide some link regarding this migrate? Thanks, Rizwan Rizwan Ahmed schrieb: > Hi, Currently we are using Delphi 5 in that we have lot of source > f...

Delphi 2007 to Delphi 2009 Conversion

is there a Delphi 2007

Delphi 2009 alongside Delphi 2007

Delphi 7 to Delphi 2009 conversion

Web resources about - Upgrading to Delphi 2009 from Delphi 5 - embarcadero.delphi.install

Mac Spoofed: Upgrading [Low Quality]
PC teaches Mac about the benefits of upgradability.

Nuclear states still upgrading stocks

Looks like Labor's upgrading from Tarago to minibus
The people of Stafford have done the rest of Queensland a favour by electing Dr Anthony Lynham.

Upgrading IOIO to Bluetooth - YouTube