Unable to install Delphi 2010 on Win7 64 bit

I have a brand new computer running Win7 64 bit and need to install Delphi 2010 on it.  The installation always fails, something about the db pack not installing.  I am running the install for the 4th time and will note the exact messages this time.  It takes over an hour each time though.

Any thoughts on how to successfully install?

Lance

"Lance Olvey" wrote in message news:410902@forums.embarcadero.com...
> I have a brand new computer running Win7 64 bit and need to install
> Delphi 2010 on it.  The installation always fails, something about the
> db pack not installing.  I am running the install for the 4th time and
> will note the exact messages this time.  It takes over an hour each time
> though.
>
> Any thoughts on how to successfully install?
>
> Thanks

Can't speak for Delphi 2010, but for Delphi 2009 (and earlier) I did this:

- create a directory C:\Tools\

- give that directory security: Everyone, Full access

- install to C:\Tools\Delphi2009\

Avoid using C:\Program Files\ or whatever, is my take.

Yes, experiments which take an hour of your time are painful, at best!

Cheers,
David
0
David
10/14/2011 9:48:15 AM
So far doing that combined with running the setup exe directly (rather than from the launcher) appears to be a solution.  Not sure why Embarcadero always seems to have so much trouble installing on modern operating systems.

Thanks for the reply!

> {quote:title=David Taylor wrote:}{quote}
> "Lance Olvey" wrote in message news:410902@forums.embarcadero.com...
> > I have a brand new computer running Win7 64 bit and need to install
> > Delphi 2010 on it.  The installation always fails, something about the
> > db pack not installing.  I am running the install for the 4th time and
> > will note the exact messages this time.  It takes over an hour each time
> > though.
> >
> > Any thoughts on how to successfully install?
> >
> > Thanks
>
> Can't speak for Delphi 2010, but for Delphi 2009 (and earlier) I did this:
>
> - create a directory C:\Tools\
>
> - give that directory security: Everyone, Full access
>
> - install to C:\Tools\Delphi2009\
>
> Avoid using C:\Program Files\ or whatever, is my take.
>
> Yes, experiments which take an hour of your time are painful, at best!
>
> Cheers,
> David
0
Lance

Can't install Delphi 2010 on Windows 7 64 bit machine?
I tried it and it fails. It says to try to install dbpack_setup.exe and that fails too. When it fails, it says: >This installation package could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows >Installer package. Please check your settings and try again. I successfully installed this on another Vista machine. Prism with Silverlight died on that machine so we got a new Win 7 64 bit machine and I'm not trying to set things up on the new machine. I first installed the Prism stuff and got it all working on the new machine. I didn't ...

Delphi 2010 installation Problem with Win7
I just downloaded the delphi 2010 trial version from embarcadero, I try to install to a new laptop with a fresh windows 7 home prem. installed, I double click the install_RADStudio.exe, and click "install Delphi and/or C++ Builder 2010", the first dialogue shows "The installaware wizard is verifying the contents of the setup package...", after a few secons then the second dialogue shows" The installaware is preparing the install wizard...", and the just disappeared and not continue, nothing happened more, I tried to install with the adminstrator priviliage, and c...

Installing C++ 2010 after Delphi 2010
Hi Has anybody found the information about what happens when you install Delphi 2010 (on an XP SP3 machine) then a few weeks later install C++ Builder 2010, rather than install Rad Studio. Do you get two separate programs and use a lot of disk space or will they integrate together to be the equivalent to Rad Studio without Delphi Prism (which I do not need). Any information would be helpful. Richard > {quote:title=Richard Carey wrote:}{quote} > Hi > > Has anybody found the information about what happens when you install > Delphi 2010 (on an XP SP3 mac...

Delphi Prism installed on Win 7 64 bit?
Is there, or should there be, any reason why Delphi Prisom 2010 would not install on Windows 7 64-bit? I found that it did not, but I think the problem was with the VS 2008 portion of the installation. Thanks, Bill Le 11.06.2010 22:42, William Meyer a écrit : > Is there, or should there be, any reason why Delphi Prisom 2010 would > not install on Windows 7 64-bit? I found that it did not, but I think > the problem was with the VS 2008 portion of the installation. > > Thanks, > > Bill Bill, In my Windows 7 64-bits, I have installed VS2008 with Delp...

Unable to install XE6 Update 1 on Win7 64 bit
I'm trying to install XE6 Update 1 onto Windows 7 SP1 64 bit, but after clicking the "Install Delphi XE6 and/or C++ Builder XE" button, I get a "Unsupported 16 Bit Application" dialog saying: "The program or feature "\??\Z:\install\setup.exe" cannot start or run due to incompatibity (sic) with 64-bit versions of Windows. Please contact the software vendor to ask if a 64-bit Windows compatible version is available." (Z: is where I have the ISO mounted.) Is this a fault in the XE6 ISO? If not, how do I install XE6 on Windows 7 SP1 64 bit? Hello, I am almost sure that the problem is that the ISO has not been correctly downloaded. Download it from: http://cc.embarcadero.com/item/29821 And check the md5 (http://www.fourmilab.ch/md5/) checksum: f0f96885e11d6a15ae3c169271475664 before mounting it. -- Borja Serrano Embarcadero Technical Support Engineer You're right. I compared the checksum of the ISO, and it was different, so I downloaded it again, and it's now installing normally. Thanks for your help. ...

Trial Delphi XE4 will not install under Windows 7 64 bit
Hello, i just loaded the trial version and wanted to install it. When the dialog for serial no appears and i try to type it, the application crashes. The message ist "BDS funktioniert nicht mehr". In the details i see APPCRASH in Module ntdll.dll. The computer ist brand new and there is nothing installed on it. I tried serveral times and also with administration rights. Thanks Theo Theo Lang wrote: > Hello, > i just loaded the trial version and wanted to install it. > > When the dialog for serial no appears and i try to type it, the application cra...

Installation of Delphi 7 onto Windows 7 64 bit platform.
Hello, I am attempting to install Delphi 7 onto Windows 7, 64 bits, and keep getting the message: " Unable to rename C:\Program Files (x86)\Borland\Delphi7\Bin\delphi32.$$$ to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Borland\Delphi7\Bin\delphi32.dro' ". How do I get around this error, or is it even possible? Thank you very much in advance. John Shyer John Shyer wrote: >Hello, > >I am attempting to install Delphi 7 onto Windows 7, 64 bits, and keep >getting the message: " Unable to rename C:\Program Files >(x86)\Borland\Delphi7\Bin\delphi32.$$$ to 'C:\Program Files >(x86)\Borland\Delphi7\Bin\delphi32.dro' ". How do I get around this >error, or is it even possible? Yes, you can install into another directory (c:\delphi) or just adjust the security of the Delphi7 folder so it has additional rights. Neither of these suggestions worked. I am the only user on this computer and am the administrator, yet Windows or Delphi would not allow me to change the "read-only" property of bin to Not read only. Do you have any other suggestions? They would be greatly appreciated. John Shyer > {quote:title=John Shyer wrote:}{quote} > Hello, > > I am attempting to install Delphi 7 onto Windows 7, 64 bits, and keep getting the message: " Unable to rename C:\Program Files (x86)\Borland\Delphi7\Bin\delphi32.$$$ to > 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Borland\Delphi7\Bin\delphi32.dro' "...

Delphi 64 bit / Future Direction of Delphi
I am responding to the various requests for 64 bit and the discussion about the future direction of Delphi. I have a small company - we write software for new and used auto dealerships - sales and finance - coming out with accounting now and parts and service in the next few years. Our customers don't care about 32 bit vs 64 bit, etc. They want me to provide simple and convenient solutions to make their jobs easier. We have stuck with Delphi 5 for many years - I should have upgraded 5 years ago but it did the job. We are now in the early stages of a significant up...

Install Delphi 2010 problems !!!!!!
Hi, I did buy one license about Delphi 2010, when I finish to install this product and run Delphi, the program dont start and Open WEB window with the "How To Buy" product. I'm very worry about because I dont know how resolve this problem. Please some people can help me??????? ---------------------------------------------- Buenas, he adquirido una licencia de Delphi Prism y de regalo me dieron una licencia de Delphi 2010 y apartando LO COMPLICADO que ha sido registrar ambos productos, resulta que he podido instalar el Delphi 2010 con el serial que me hicieron llegar E...

Install QuickReport in Delphi 2010
Hi, I try install QR 5.04 in Delphi 2010, but when install : This application has failed to start because QR5Run_RAD6.bpl was not found. All .bpl has been generate in ..\Bpl folder I build QR5Run_RAD6 before buils and install QR5Desing_RAD6 Any idea? PTTK Sergio Pottstock wrote: > I try install QR 5.04 in Delphi 2010, but when install : > This application has failed to start because QR5Run_RAD6.bpl was not found. > > All .bpl has been generate in ..\Bpl folder > > I build QR5Run_RAD6 before buils and install QR5Desing_RAD6 Did you use the installer? You shouldn't have to manually build those packages. Either way, if your IDE cannot see the .bpl you built, try placing it in the Bin directory to see if that resolves the issue. Loren sZendre Thank Loren, I move .bpl to \bin now work OK!!! Thank again PTTK "Loren Szendre" <zorenlendry@yahoo.com> escribió en el mensaje de noticias news:171764@forums.codegear.com... > Sergio Pottstock wrote: >> I try install QR 5.04 in Delphi 2010, but when install : >> This application has failed to start because QR5Run_RAD6.bpl was not >> found. >> >> All .bpl has been generate in ..\Bpl folder >> >> I build QR5Run_RAD6 before buils and install QR5Desing_RAD6 > > Did you use the installer? You shouldn't have to manually build those > packages. > > Either way, if your ID...

Delphi 2010 Installation Problem
I have installed and reinstalled Delphi 2010 several times trying to correct an error I receive at compile time. [DCC Fatal Error] Project2.dpr(1): F1027 Unit not found: 'System.pas' or binary equivalents (.dcu) This error occurs on even a simple project containing one form with no components. Thanks for any help!!! John I have this exact same problem. Im so frustrated with 2010.. what do I do? <John Turner> wrote in message news:198672@forums.codegear.com... >I have installed and reinstalled Delphi 2010 several times trying to >correct an error I r...

Unable to install Delphi 2009
Installing Delphi 2009 on Win XP SP3 The installation stops with this message: "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable". The Use Source field contains a link to "ASPAJAXExtSetup.msi" in a folder under All Users\Application Data. However, this folder was created a year ago when installing D2007. The new folder created by the D2009 setup today does not include this setup file at all. Fredrik Nordbakke <wiggum10@hotmail.com> wrote: >Installing Delphi 2009 on Win XP SP3 > >The installation stops with thi...

How To install tpmath in delphi 2010
Hello there,,, Does anyone know, how to install delphi lib TpMath in 2010 ...? I was confused when reading the guide in Tpmath.pdf .... That's it and thanks in advance, ... ...

Delphi on Win7 64 Bit
Build my own new fast computer have it just find out that LoadLibrary is not working on a Win7 64 Bit computer. Is it just a problem of 32 bit software on a 64 bit machine or Win7? To bad, can it not use Delphi on this machine. Peter. Are you trying to load 64-bit DLL from 32-bit application? >> Build my own new fast computer have it just find out that >> LoadLibrary is not working on a Win7 64 Bit computer. Is it just a >> problem of 32 bit software on a 64 bit machine or Win7? >> >> To bad, can it not use Delphi on this machine. I am using Vi...

Delphi 2010 and 64 bit
Hello, the question is probably already answer, but did someone can confirm me that the next version of delphi will be able to produce 64 bit software ? Also when the next version of delphi will be released ? July 2009 ? any roadmap ? thanks by advance stephane -- Http://www.arkadia.com/fra/ Http://www.arkadia.com/usa/ Http://www.arkadia.com/rus/ loki loki wrote: > Hello, > > the question is probably already answer, but did someone can confirm me that > the next version of delphi will be able to produce 64 bit software ? > Also when the next version o...

Install Delphi 2010 after XE2
I know this might be a trivial question: - I had XE2 installed in my home pc As my working is using D2010 and I need to install in my home pc as well. Do you think there will be any problem? My home pc: Win 7 (64 bit) Man wrote: > - I had XE2 installed in my home pc > As my working is using D2010 and I need to install in my > home pc as well. Do you think there will be any problem? Although multiple versions can co-exist on the same machine, it is generally best not to install older versions after newer versions. Either 1) uninstall XE2, install 2010, then reins...

Delphi 2010 help not installed?
I've recently installed Delphi 2010, but I cant go to Help. It says the RAD Studio help namespace is not defined... How do I install Help into Delphi 2010 ? thanks Chisolm Wilson wrote: > I've recently installed Delphi 2010, but I cant go to Help. It says > the RAD Studio help namespace is not defined... > > How do I install Help into Delphi 2010 ? if you download the ISO, and have the DVD just run the installer and you will see the second option to install Help. if you install online, go to http://cc.embarcadero.com/myreg and download the help se...

Windows 7 x64bit Delphi 2010 issues when Visual Studio 2010 RC is installed
Hi, Anybody else experience issues with Delphi 2010 when Visual Studio 2010 RC is installed on Windows 7 x64 (Ultimate)? After installing Visual Studio 2010 RC I get all kind of weird package errors (f. ex. Together package) when starting Delphi 2010. After uninstalling Visual Studio 2010 RC the issues seems gone. I'm puzzled... It seems like .net 4 could have a bad influence on the .net 2 depending applications.... -Kurt I've not experienced any issues. -- http://www.climsystems.com/ http://www.virtorio.com/ ...

VmWare 7 on 64 bit Win7 U:installer says '32 bit OS'
Hello, I am trying to install the latest SUSE in a virtual machine created on 64 bit Windows 7 Ultimate. When the CD loads in the VM's console it says 'This is a 32 bit computer. You cannot use 64 bit software on it'. I am running the free VmWare Server 2.0. Windows 7 sys info clearly shows it as 64 bit OS, and it is running on i7-720 (definitely a quad core 64 bit proc). Any suggestions? Thanks. AK -- nov_suse ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Forgot to mention... I have clearly chosen the guest OS as SUSE L...

TQrChart installation on delphi 2010 [Edit]
I've got some helpfull advices from Calvet on March of this year for TQRChart installation. A system crash made me lose all my installations docs. so i'm begging you guys to help me install again my tqrchart component. Thanks Edited by: Alexandre Sene on Sep 2, 2010 9:56 AM Edited by: Alexandre Sene on Sep 2, 2010 11:44 AM Thanks Guys. I had in a backup all files provided by mister Calvet. By compiling them every thing is back to normal So Thanks again to M. Narcis Calvet ...

Web resources about - Unable to install Delphi 2010 on Win7 64 bit - embarcadero.delphi.install

Can Facebook Advertisers Test Mobile App Install Ads On Their Devices?
Some Facebook advertisers are now able to preview their mobile application install ads directly on their mobile devices, complete with active ...

New Features to Mobile App Install Ads
Today we are happy to announce some updates to mobile app install ads to improve the experience people and developers have when viewing and creating ...

Facebook tries new designs for mobile page-Like and app install ads
Facebook began testing new designs for its mobile app install ads and page post ads this weekend. Following an update for Facebook for iOS, ...

Perth shopping centre installs WA's biggest solar power system
A thousand solar panels saves $20,000 a month.

How to: Install Android N developer preview factory images on Nexus 6P, Nexus 5X, Nexus 6, Nexus 9, and ...
Google introduced to the world the next version of Android, dubbed Android N, oddly early this year compared to the usual announcement at its ...

Should you install N preview on your main device? Here are some of the known issues with it.
... standing for “nut telling,” according to Hiroshi Lockheimer) is here and we’re all super excited to see it in action. But is it safe to install ...

Las Vegas installs cool solar-kinetic street lights
Filed under: Etc. , Green , Videos , Emissions , Green Culture , Technology , Solar EnGoPlanet is providing Sin City with LED street lights powered ...

Google releases Android N Developer Preview and how-to install guide
... official Developer Preview of Android N the successor to the wonderful Marshmallow. It is available for many Nexus devices, and you can install ...