Special care for Installing Delphi XE and keeping RAD Studio 2007

Hi to all,

I have a RAD Studio 2007 version that is in production, and I need to install Delphi XE in the same machine but I don't want my 2007 projects to be affected with this. I'm planning to migrate all projects to XE but it is going to take a while.

For doing this is there any special care to take?

Any tips about this will be appreciated.

Nando.
0
Hernando

> {quote:title=Hernando Duque wrote:}{quote}
> Hi to all,
>
> I have a RAD Studio 2007 version that is in production, and I need to install Delphi XE in the same machine but I don't want my 2007 projects to be affected with this. I'm planning to migrate all projects to XE but it is going to take a while.
>
> For doing this is there any special care to take?

Just make sure you install them in totally separate folders, and you should be fine. I've run multiple Delphi versions on my machine for years. The only issue I've ever run across is that, if you're installing on a new system or have to reinstall for some reason, make sure you install in the order they were released (D7 before installing D2007, D2007 before installing D2010, D2010 before XE, etc.).

You may also want to copy your D2007 projects into a new folder before you open them with XE, as the .dproj files are not compatible and XE will convert them in the process of opening them.
0
Ken
9/22/2010 4:14:26 PM
Ken, thank you for your post.

I'll do what you tell.

Do you know if are there topics to take care with dbExpress ? I have some proyects with DbExpress 4 and XE comes with BbExpress 5. It could ocurr that connection parametres must be changed.

Nando.
0
Hernando
9/22/2010 5:10:29 PM
> {quote:title=Hernando Duque wrote:}{quote}
> Do you know if are there topics to take care with dbExpress ? I have some proyects with DbExpress 4 and XE comes with BbExpress 5. It could ocurr that connection parametres must be changed.

Nando, I can't answer that question; we're not using dbExpress. You might ask in the dbExpress forum (https://forums.embarcadero.com/forum.jspa?forumID=82). Someone there can probably help with that issue.
0
Ken

Delphi RAD studio 2007
Hello there, I’m trying to install Delphi RAD studio 2007 – architect edition on my laptop. During installation, I got "This advertised application will not be installed because it might be unsafe. Contact your administrator to change the installation user interface option of the package to basic. I clicked ok to proceed further (as there was no option to cancel the installation process). The installation was successful & I’ve restarted my machine. When starting Delphi, I’m getting “Access Violation at address 7C91072 F in module 'ntdll.dll. Read of address 010D6385” Can yo...

Migration from Delphi 2007 Rad to Delphi XE Where is Quickreports
Have installed and finally registered Delphi Xe, I am looking for Quickreports but am unable to find it anywhere, I asked the Distributer and was told its packaged in Delphi XE, Well I should have gone to specsavers......cos I cant see it any where ? > {quote:title=Colin Coleman wrote:}{quote} > Have installed and finally registered Delphi Xe, I am looking for Quickreports but am unable to find it anywhere, I asked the Distributer and was told its packaged in Delphi XE, Well I should have gone to specsavers......cos I cant see it any where ? Hello Colin, Delphi X...

Installation of RAD Studio over Delphi XE2
Just purchased the special upgrade from Delphi XE2 to RAD Studio XE2. Is it possible to install C++Builder without disturbing my current Delphi installation, or will the installer remove everything (including all the connections to 3rd party tools) first, before installing anything? A re-install of everything represents quite a cost in time. Thanks for any info. > {quote:title=Howard Fox wrote:}{quote} > Just purchased the special upgrade from Delphi XE2 to RAD Studio XE2. Is it possible to install C++Builder without disturbing my current Delphi installation, or will the installer ...

How to install RAD Studio XE + RAD Studio 2010 in the same computer?
How to install RAD Studio XE + RAD Studio 2010 in the same computer? -- Regards, Eko Indriyawan www.ekoindri.com Delphi makes me that a something impossible can be realized with possible way Le 21/09/2010, Eko Indriyawan a supposé : > How to install RAD Studio XE + RAD Studio 2010 in the same computer? install D2010 first and DXE next and everything should be fine. - Florent Hi Florent, Thank you very much for your suggestion. Let me try to follow it. -- Regards, Eko Indriyawan www.ekoindri.com Delphi makes me that a something impossible can be ...

Installing RAD Studio 2007 gets MS Installer error
I am moving to a new Vista 64 system so I am re-installing all of my versions of Delphi and BCB. All have installed successfully except BCB 2007. I can install my original Delphi 2007 DVD but if I try to install any updates or from my BCB 2007 DVD which includes updates 1 through 3, the install fails as soon as it gets to the point where the MS Installer is called, after which both Delphi and BCB 2007 are gone. I have tried all kinds of combinations and order of installing Delphi, BCB, and updates but it always boils down to anything that includes an update will bomb when the MS Installer...

Install DCC for Delphi 4, 5 and 6 after D2006, XE and XE2 installed
I know that the standard advice is to install Delphi versions in chronological order. I have installed D2006, XE and XE2 in chronological order and they work fine. Now I would like to install just the command line compilers for Delphi 4, 5 and 6. 1. Can you install just DCC and the libraries that go with it or must the entire product (including IDE) be installed? 2. Is there are way to do this that won't mess up the more recent products? I really hope to avoid removing and reinstalling the three already installed products. Thanks! I wound up taking a deep breath and spending about...

delphi rad studio 2010 installation language [Edit]
Hi There i got both english and french language installation selected but at the end of the software interface is in english .... my question is how do i switch the language of the rad studio 2010 to french ? Thanks Edited by: Pierre Auger on Jan 6, 2010 1:20 PM ...

Problem installing RAD Delphi 2007 Enterprise [Edit]
I have problems with installing Delphi 2007 Enterprise. I get the following error: *Downloading of installation data from the web has failed.* *Please make sure that you are connected to the internet.* I have internet access and it is working with no problems. The installation worked without any problems the fist time. Does anyone have any ideas about this problem. Thanks Leon Edited by: Leo Dil on Apr 8, 2010 1:17 AM > {quote:title=Leo Dil wrote:}{quote} > Does anyone have any ideas about this problem. You can always download the .ISO and make your own installat...

Help Re-Installation Delphi XE via 2007 Upgrade
When running a 2007 upgrade to XE, and clicking help, I receive: *RAD Studio's help namespace is not defined. Please reinstall RAD Studio's documentation. [OK]* I have tried all the debug / reinstall techniques and I still get the same message. There is not a separate button to install Help on either the DVD or the Software Update to XE install. QUESTION: Is there a method to re-install help on a Delphi 2007 upgrade to XE? Thx!! > {quote:title=Vern Baker wrote:}{quote} > When running a 2007 upgrade to XE, and clicking help, I receive: There is no "upgrad...

Delphi XE2 Professional install has broken RAD Studio 2009
I've just installed Delphi XE2 Professional and now I can't run RAD Studio 2009. I get the following message every time I try to start RAD Studio ... Attempted registration of assembly "Borland.Build.Tasks.Common.dll" failed. (RegAsm.exe error Code: 100) RegAsm : error RA0000 : An error occurred while .... I'm very much hoping I don't have to reinstall RAD Studio. Appreciate any help. Hi Angus, > I've just installed Delphi XE2 Professional and now I can't run RAD > Studio 2009. I get the following message every time I try to start RAD...

Installation of Delphi 2007
My computer is blocked (windows no longer works) and I must reinstall Delphi 2007. How can I recover my license of Delphi 2007 ? No solution ? Bertrand KIMM wrote: > My computer is blocked (windows no longer works) and I must reinstall Delphi 2007. > How can I recover my license of Delphi 2007 ? > You can get serial number and software from our registered users download area: 1. http://members.embarcadero.com 2. Login using the same credentials you used to register your product 3. Agree to export terms if prompted to do so 4. Click My registered products to get your s...

How I can install Delphi Prism XE Help contents in Visual studio 2010??? [Edit]
Hello, *How I can install Delphi Prism XE Help contents in Visual studio 2010???* thanx for your answers. Edited by: Shuhin Ashayeri on Jan 6, 2011 1:36 PM For some reason this entire thread, apart from the OP, has disappeared from my newsreader. Anyway, Carlo recommended using the Help Manager in VS2010 to uninstall the Prism help, and then install it again. (I won't repeat the whole procedure here.) I thought that would fix it, but it definitely hasn't. I tried the procedure with and without "Run as Administrator" for VS. I installed the Help Viewe...

RAD Studio XE: the relevant links for RAD Studio, Delphi, C++ Builder, Prism, RadPHP [what's new, features, downloads...]
What's New in Delphi and C++Builder XE http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/en/What's_New_in_Delphi_and_C%2B%2BBuilder_XE RAD Studio, Delphi, C++Builder, Delphi Prism and RadPHP XE are available now! http://blogs.embarcadero.com/davidi/2010/08/30/40114/ audio - Dr. Dobbs's talks with Michael Rozlog about RAD Studio XE Release http://www.drdobbs.com/tv/index.jhtml?bctid=594150880001&bcpid=64699398001 Webinar: What's New in RAD Studio XE - An In-Depth Look with Mike Rozlog (Wed, Sep 1 7PM PDT / Thu, Sep 2 12:00 EST Australian) http://forms.embarcadero.com/f...

How do I install Delphi 2007 components into C++Builder 2007?
Hi Folks, I have a Delphi component that installs into Delphi 2007, and it then appears in the tool palette. That's all fine. When I then run C++Builder 2007, I can see that my component package is already installed, and can even uninstall and re-install it, but the component doesn't appear in the tool palette. What must I do to get it to appear in the palette for C++Builder? -- Simon <Simon Armstrong> wrote in message news:5932@forums.codegear.com... > What must I do to get it to appear in the palette for C++Builder? Did you enable the "Generate all...

Delphi Prism XE and RAD Studio XE are now available
The new product info is live on the web sites, trial downloads are available, and the products will be available to purchase worldwide between now and Wednesday. http://www.embarcadero.com/products/delphi-prism http://www.embarcadero.com/products/rad-studio Thanks, Tim -- Tim Del Chiaro Product Marketing - RAD Studio, Delphi, C++Builder, Delphi Prism and Delphi for PHP http://delphi-insider.blogspot.com I suspect it will be available for purchase AFTER Wednesday too. ;-) So from what I can gather, it has CodeSite and Subversion integration that Prism 2011 didn't hav...

Delphi XE and RAD Studio XE are available now [Edit]
The new product info is live on the web sites, trial downloads are available, and the products will be available to purchase worldwide between now and Wednesday. http://www.embarcadero.com/products/delphi http://www.embarcadero.com/products/rad-studio Thanks, Tim -- Tim Del Chiaro Product Marketing - RAD Studio, Delphi, C++Builder, Delphi Prism and Delphi for PHP http://delphi-insider.blogspot.com Edited by: Tim DelChiaro on Aug 30, 2010 2:15 PM > {quote:title=Tim DelChiaro wrote:}{quote} > The new product info is live on the web sites, trial downloads are availabl...

Dixie and R-Sexy? Delphi XE and RAD Studio XE
I'm used to saying acronyms such as D2010 as "Dee two thousand and 10" and D7 as "Dee seven". How about the following XE shortcut names: Delphi XE: DXE: *Dixie* RAD Studio XE: RSXE: *R-Sexy* Delphi Prism XE: *D-Pixie* Tough ones: RadPHP XE: ???? C++Builder XE: ???? Regards, Jarrod Hollingworth Complete Time Tracking http://www.complete-time-tracking.com/ > RAD Studio XE: RSXE: *R-Sexy* To ensure it is removed by content filtering tools? > {quote:title=Luigi Sandon wrote:}{quote} > > RAD Studio XE: RSXE: *R-Sexy* > > ...

Install file for Delphi 2007
Hi, Have purchased and installed Delphi XE5. I would now like to install the latest Non-Unicode Delphi as well, which I believe is Delphi 2007. I have registered and recieved the instal code for D2007, with a download link. I would like to install this (older) Delphi 2007 on my home computer. Yet I have very limited network connectivity at home. Thus I would like to download the full install package on my work computer, to take this installation files/s home. Is this possible? The link provided gives a setup program but I assume this is just a small web installer (Having ...

Delphi 2007 Install Issues
Hi, I built my new machine (Quad Core Q8200, 4 GB RAM, Win XP), now I am trying to install Delphi 2007 on this new machine. The installation wizzrd gets to where it makes a call to MSIinstaller and the the Installation bombs with a error that says "Error". The windows event viewer has recorded the error, and is talking about msiinstaller. The XP Pro intallation is updated with al the Service Packs and all udates from the internet. Can someone please advise if they had a similar experience and if so how they solved this error? Regards Marius ...

Delphi 2007 Install Issue
Hi, I built my new machine (Quad Core Q8200, 4 GB RAM, Win XP), now I am trying to install Delphi 2007 on this new machine. The installation wizzrd gets to where it makes a call to MSIinstaller and the the Installation bombs with a error that says "Error". The windows event viewer has recorded the error, and is talking about msiinstaller. The XP Pro intallation is updated with al the Service Packs and all udates from the internet. Can someone please advise if they had a similar experience and if so how they solved this error? Regards Marius ...

Web resources about - Special care for Installing Delphi XE and keeping RAD Studio 2007 - embarcadero.delphi.install

Solar panels are lifted into place.

Iran installing new nuclear equipment

Gillard defends installing Slipper