Setting up a second Delphi2007 computer to access network folders

HI all, this has me really stupmped. I am adding a second programmer using Delphi2007 (I have all the correct licenses) and after setting everything up. I am trying to access a file of common procedures, functions, etc. that we use. This file is :F\source\_common\lib32.pas  (& lib32.dcu). Even after adding the F:\Source\_common directory to the projects Search Path I get an error saying "lib32.dcu" not found??  Why?
0
Edward

Edward Malloy wrote:

> HI all, this has me really stupmped. I am adding a second programmer
> using Delphi2007 (I have all the correct licenses) and after setting
> everything up. I am trying to access a file of common procedures,
> functions, etc. that we use. This file is :F\source\_common\lib32.pas
> (& lib32.dcu). Even after adding the F:\Source\_common directory to
> the projects Search Path I get an error saying "lib32.dcu" not
> found??  Why?

Sometimes life is simple, so let's start with some obvious things:

1. In your post you are confusing "F:\Source\..." en ":F\Source\...".
Can this cause your problem?

2. Is "F:\" on both computers referring to the very same network map,
and do both users have accessrights to that map? (can you see
F:\source\_common\lib32.pas in windows explorer on both computers?)

Tiedo
Tiedo
8/22/2008 7:01:12 AM
On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 07:44:00 -0700, Edward Malloy wrote:

> HI all, this has me really stupmped. I am adding a second programmer
> using Delphi2007 (I have all the correct licenses) and after
> setting everything up. I am trying to access a file of common
> procedures, functions, etc. that we use. This file is
> :F\source\_common\lib32.pas  (& lib32.dcu). Even after adding the
> F:\Source\_common directory to the projects Search Path I get an
> error saying "lib32.dcu" not found??  Why?

Have you considered using a version control system?

--
Marc Rohloff [TeamB]
marc -at- marc rohloff -dot- com

There is a "Platform" Environment variable that needed to be changed from BWS to AnyCPU.

My older installation does not have this variable at all

thanks

ed
0
Edward

Accessing Newsgroup settings on another Networked computer
Hi, I would like to access my settings for Thunderbird off my main PC, onto my laptop. I only want to access the Newsgroup settings off my main PC, so that when I view a message on my laptop it will then be marked as read when I later open thunderbird on my main PC. Both computers are networked and I can access files and folders on both PC's. On my Laptop, I went into Tools>Account Settings>Newsgroups>Server Settings and tried to change the newsrc file from its default of: C:\Documents and Settings\Rod\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\kn2w15am.default\New...

Accessing Newsgroup settings on another Networked computer
Hi, I would like to access my settings for Thunderbird off my main PC, onto my laptop. I only want to access the Newsgroup settings off my main PC, so that when I view a message on my laptop it will then be marked as read when I later open thunderbird on my main PC. Both computers are networked and I can access files and folders on both PC's. On my Laptop, I went into Tools>Account Settings>Newsgroups>Server Settings and tried to change the newsrc file from its default of: C:\Documents and Settings\Rod\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\kn2w15am.default...

Listing Novell client settings; delay in accessing networked servers after installing Novell Client 4.90 SP2
First off, let me confess that I know next to nothing about Netware or the Novell client. Dangerous, I realize. My office has several XP Pro machines running the Novell client. We are accessing primarily Novell file servers, though I think there are some Windows file servers too. In anticipation of the Windows XP SP2 upgrade, Novell Client 4.90 SP2 was installed on my machine. Prior to that, I had the previous version of the client (4.83, SP3 I think). With the previous version of the client, there were initially delays-- typically about 8 seconds--when connecting to fil...

Access Denied error when trying to access a networked drive folder
I am trying to access a network drive folder from an ASP.NET application and everything Itry seems to fail. The ASP.NET application makes the call Directory.GetFiles using the UNC for the folder path.When I set Impersonate = true in the web.config file I am prompted for the username/password which does not work.If Impersonate = false I get Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password error message.  I havethe target folder security on the networked drive set for the ASP.NET account set with full control.Since I am using IE 6.0 I tried setting the folder security for Network Services...

accessing network computer
hello to all my problem is i want to download files through my web page. my code is working in local machine, but as multi server environment - i want to access files which is in different computer. how i can achieve this in .net  http://www.munishbhatia.com Hi munishbhatia, Based on my understanding, you want to access the files which store on the other machines and write these files to client. The issue is how to let ASP.NET access the remote files. If I have misunderstood your concern, please let me know. For this scenario, we can use impersonation. For the detailed infor...

How to set Full folder Access rights for getting file Access (Read/Write)
Hi I am working on web application through which I am modifying XML file saved in folder. When I try to save the modified XML file  through the application, I am getting the error "Access to the path 'D:\CT.Sharedconfig\ConfigFiles\CT\CreditCards.xml' is denied" I searched a lot for this , but most of solutions suggested to set access permissions for this folder manually. If I add user "everyone" through Security tab of permissions Window (shown by right click on the required folder in explorer) and set full access rights to this user, then application ...

Accessing network folder???
hai all, by using the following code is it possible to get check a folder is present in a system in the network? string fold=@\\server-name\system-name\folder-name; if (System.IO.Directory.Exists(fold)){} its not working for me... am i doing correct?   Try mapping the network folder as a network drive and working with it like that.Cheers,       Kevin JonesMy Blog...

How to access other computer in network
Hi, I just installed openSuse 11.2 on my laptop and I'm trying to access my other Ubuntu PC. I've already shared a folder "Pictures" in that PC and I was able to access it when I was running Ubuntu on my laptop. I've also installed Samba and Samba Client. Please guide me to access the network computer and its shared folder Regards, Anant -- anantg ------------------------------------------------------------------------ anantg;2067290 Wrote: > Hi, > > I just installed openSuse 11.2 on my laptop and I'm trying to access my &...

Help with setting up a second computer.
I recently changed from a dial-up to a fiber connection (thanks Lee and gwtc for your help and guidance with this task). I am now trying to do some house cleaning of my two computer systems (one system employs Windows XP/SeaMonkey and the other Windows 98SE/Mozilla). Here is what I am attempting to do: 1. Copy my Address Book and Bookmarks, resident on the Windows 98SE/Mozilla system, to the Windows XP/SeaMonkey system. I have a read/write CD capability on the 98SE system, but a read only CD capability on my XP system. Question: Is it possible to transfer this data...

How to install openuse on a second computer?
is there any way to install opensuse on computer(A) using computer (B) so that computer (A) will be able to run suse even when it is disconnected from computer (B) -- mahela007 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Just install... I dont get it... how should you "use" another Computer to install it? Use the others Computer CD Drive or something? -- iamlostsincebirth ------------------------------------------------------------------------ iamlostsincebirth's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=21191...

Website not accessible from other computer in network
Hi, Website not accessible from other computer in network. Website is running fine on my system , but I donot find any reason why it is not accessible from other computers. My system is running on Windows XP Thanks in advance. My Blog: DotNetError@BhatiaWorldDont forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.This credits that member, earns you a point and marks your thread as Resolved so we will all know you have been helped. Is there a firewall on your machine? Have you configured your IIS to allow Anonymous users to visit the website?RegardsBilal Hadiar,...

Set folder permissions during install
Hi, I am trying to alter the folder permissions during the install of my web app. For instance users need write access to some folders. My plan was to get the TARGETDIR property of the install and pass that to xcalcs.exe (command line permissions editor). Unfortunately I can't find a way to get hold of the TARGETDIR to pass it to an exe or vbs. Does anyone know how to do this, or is there an easy way to do this I dont know about. Thanks Colin Just as the mod approves it I find out how to do it myself. You need to put [TARGETDIR] in the arguments property in the propert...

adding second computer, how to network?
I've long had a single desktop w/cable modem and Zonealarm. Now we are adding a laptop which will normally be located at the other end of the house. Some questions: 1. Is putting a pcmcia wireless card in the laptop and a usb wireless in the desktop the simplest solution for sharing files, printer? 2. What is the practical range? 3. If I also want to share my internet connection (AT&T Broadband) can I simply use ICS with my current desktop setup? 4. Do I have to get a second IP from my ISP? Thanks for your help, this newsgroup gives the best advice of any I hav...

Web resources about - Setting up a second Delphi2007 computer to access network folders - embarcadero.delphi.install