rs2007 install attempt on windows 10 x64 preview failure

for me...

Install reported missing 3 pre-requisites, proceeded to install, reported
failure to install .NET framework 2.0 x64, said installer could not
continue.  It also suggested to manually the update via Windows update (not
an option at the moment, and I'm a little doubtful I'd find that one on
windows update, but maybe...)

I do wonder why its trying to install x64 framework to support a 32-bit app,
but that's what it said.

I realize this is a Windows 10 preview, but trying to look ahead...

Anybody else have any experience/knowledge regarding this, what likely
problem is and whether it might be addressed (presumably by MS) by Win10
release?

I will note that the OS installation is freshly installed, nothing else done
to it, OS is NOT activated, and there is currently no network connection to
this box.  The hardware is a gateway with Q6600 (quad-core), 4GB ram, and
the hard drive is "250G" with all of it given to the OS for install.
0
david

To install or not to install?

Install Failure on Forum Module. DNN Version 3.0.13 Forum 3.10.04
Good day,    I've just installed the forum module and I got this error. How will i fix this? thanks StartJob Starting Installation StartJob Reading files Info Loading 03.00.00.SqlDataProvider Info File 03.00.00.SqlDataProvider read successfully Info Loading 03.00.10.SqlDataProvider Info File 03.00.10.SqlDataProvider read successfully Info Loading 03.00.11.SqlDataProvider Info File 03.00.11.SqlDataProvider read successfully Info Loading 03.00.12.SqlDataProvider Info File 03.00.12.SqlDataProvider read successfully Info Loading 03.10.01.SqlDataProvider Info...

Install keeps failing : Cannot install windows installer 3.1
Hello,This is quite weird, whenever I try to install VS 2005 .net express, I get a failure right at the start of the installation process, the installer says : Could'nt install Windows installer 3.1 ....sigh, I'll never get this to work ..thanks Can you try to install Windows installer 3.1 from the Microsoft web site?http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=889482fc-5f56-4a38-b838-de776fd4138c   Let us know if that works? Thanks. -Bret...

Install Windows XP on Your Pre-Installed Windows Vista Computer
"The question I am asked most often is "How do I install a dual-boot with Windows XP on my new Windows Vista computer?" The answer is that it's not that difficult, it's just very time consuming, and you need to own a copy of Windows XP. The first issue we encounter is that computers with pre-installed operating systems take up the entire drive. Luckily Microsoft included the Shrink volume feature in Vista, so we can easily shrink the Vista partition down to make room for XP."... <http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/install-windows-xp-on-your-...

Windows Update stops responding if you click Install to download and install updates for Windows XP or Windows 2000
followup to grc.techtalk Windows Update stops responding if you click Install to download and install updates for Windows XP or Windows 2000 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896227 ----------------------------------------------------------- Quote ----------------------------------------------------------- Article ID : 896227 Last Review : March 29, 2005 Revision : 1.0 SYMPTOMS If you scan for updates for your Microsoft Windows XP-based or Microsoft Windows 2000-based computer at the Microsoft Windows Update Web site, Windows Update may displa...

Error when attempting to install an ASP.Net on Windows XP sp2 (please install IIS and run setup again)
Hello, I used VS2008 to build an ASP.NET aplication that references the COM based skype API.  The application runs fine in debug mode.  I added a deployment project to the solution.  When I run setup.exe, I get the following message:  "setup requires Internet Information Server 4.0 or higher and Windows NT 4.0 or higher.  This setup cannot be installed on Windows 95, Windows 98, or Windows ME. Please install Internet Information Server and run this setup again." I'm attempting to install this on Windows XP sp 2.  Any thoughts? Thanks Is IIS ...

clena install 10.3 on windows server 2008 std. x64
hi for the 10th time iam installing zcm 10.3 on a win 2008 std. x84 dc. it all looks nice and no errors but when connecting a user source in wizard i get this error and cant go on. The wizard cannot continue for the following reason(s): Unable to obtain a valid certificate for SSL communications using the provided connection information. Please verify that the address and port are correct and that the LDAP directory has been configured with a valid certificate. So Is it realy nessesary to use ssl ??? becouse its the same error i get no matter what i do. -- csv-esb...

Problem in installing ActivePerl 5.10 on Windows 7 with x64 chipset
------_=_NextPart_001_01CADADE.22883014 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello all, I was helping a friend to install activeperl but encountered a weird error. =20 The OS is Windows 7 with x64 chipset. I downloaded the ActivePerl 5.10 for x64 ( http://downloads.activestate.com/ActivePerl/releases/5.10.1.1007/ActiveP erl-5.10.1.1007-MSWin32-x64-291969.msi ). After installation, it shows: - ............ - couldn't make registry entry: - couldn't make registry entry: - couldn...

Project gives compile error when in first attempt of installing it but installs successfully after removing it and re-installing
Hi Guys,I have a weird problem. Its not a show stopper but a mere inconvenience. I have a ASP.net application. And I am using setup project to install it on server. Every time I make changes in the application and need to install the release on the server, I have to uninstall the application using Add/Remove Programs utility. And Re-install it with created the setup .msi file. On running the application, it  always gives me a compilation error. Then I have to remove the application using Add/Remove Programs utility one mre time and re-run .msi file to get rid of...

My experience installing (or attempting to install) Ubuntu
My experience installing Ubuntu: 1) I formatted the HD of an old laptop (Dell Inspiron 7500, whereon W2K had been installed) 2) I download an .iso for Ubuntu (on another machine) 3) I downloaded InfraRecorder 4) I burned the iso onto a CD using InfraRecorder 5) I put the CD in the laptop, and booted up 6) When presented with a list of options, I highlighted "Install Ubuntu" and mashed the Enter key 7) An icon of a lifesaver with three equidistant knobbies pulsated for a good long while. 8) My laptop crashed (pulsating cursor in NW corner of the otherwise black...

Bundles from 10.0.3 install after a new 10.1.2 install
I have installed 10.1.2 on some new client machines and after the install I am noticing bundles from 10.0.3 are installing from somewhere. I don't make any 10.0.3 bundles so I am guessing it is some type of auto update that did not get shut off. Anyone have a idea where I can kill this off? Windows 2003SP2 server w/ ZCM 10.1.2 Thanks, Jim Koerner Jim, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might tr...

Do not attempt to Install CG2007 after having installed CG2009
I tried...it errored out, and CG sent me the following instruction.... Hi Charles, Thank you for the log file. Unfortunately, you have encountered a bug in our installer. To resolve this issue you will need to uninstall Rad Studio 2009 (along with the help subsystem) then install Rad Studio 2007 and then finally reinstall 2009. Let me know if you encounter any further difficulties while performing those steps. -Nate --------------- Original Message --------------- From: CharlesLeggette FCA [charlesLeggette@earthlink.net] Sent: 3/20/2009 6:11 PM To: support-re...

Accidently installed GRUB on my Windows installation...
so, i installed 11 on an external hdd. everything went along great until i removed the usb drive and attempted a reboot to windows. i got the same error as a lot of other people here: GRUB Loading; error 17. i turn on my usb hdd and reboot and i can get to windows. for some reason, during the install process, NTLDR decided it would let GRUB take over. so now, windows is looking for /boot/grub on the external and can't find it when the drive is off or disconnected. I've searched the forums and nothing is fixing my problem. I tried using YaST to fix the issue but it...

Install stops after package installation failure
I currently run 10.3 on my nVidia/Intel Quadcore box that has 3gb of ram and tons of disk space. I am trying to install the 32bit 11.0 on an empyt 50gb partition and just haven't had any luck. I've tried it 4 or 5 times, over the last week, and every time it fails with the same dialog box: Installation of some packages failed. The last two times, I watched the details. The first time, after picking KDE3, it fail at 24% done with the ispell-american packages at 100%. The second time, after picking KDE4, it failed at 56%, after the icewm-lite package was at 100%. Everythin...

Web resources about - rs2007 install attempt on windows 10 x64 preview failure - embarcadero.delphi.install

Facebook Asks Users To Install Messenger For Windows
Just days after officially rolling out Messenger for Windows , Facebook has begun prompting people to install the application. Some Facebook ...

New ways to reach the right people with mobile app install ads
Since we launched mobile app install ads six months ago, we have added several new features to improve the product for users and developers. ...

Facebook Director of Product Management Doug Purdy discusses Parse, Mobile App Install Ads
... discussed about mobile app discovery difficulties faced by developers. He discussed how developers can use the platform to drive app installations ...

WA Premier Colin Barnett urges City of Joondalup to install shark net at Sorrento Beach - PerthNow Search ...
PREMIER Colin Barnett has urged the City of Joondalup to “get on with it” and install a shark net at Sorrento Beach.

You can now install popular automatic screen brightness app Flux on iPhone and iPad
With iOS 9, it is now possible to install screen brightness app Flux (or f.lux). Flux adjusts screen brightness and color depending on the time ...

Android adware can install itself even when users explicitly reject it
(credit: Lookout) Two weeks ago, Ars reported on newly discovered Android adware that is virtually impossible to uninstall . Now, researchers ...

FSS ePub Reader silently installs adware?
... of a range of popular Windows freeware, including FSS Video Downloader, FSS Google Books Downloader, FSS ePub Reader and more. You’ve installed ...

Microsoft confirms Windows 10 tried to secretly install itself on old machines
Yes, not too long ago, Microsoft apologized for automatically installing Windows 10 on older Windows 7 or Windows 8 machines. But although Microsoft ...