Rave 7.6.0 from Delphi 2009 does not start on my machine. Vista x64.

This is the error that I see in the 'Event Viewer'.

Faulting application rave.exe, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x48c039fd, faulting module rtl120.bpl, version 12.0.3170.16989, time stamp 0x48c1dd16, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x0001d760, process id 0x1904, application start time 0x01c912f598d0db71.

Is this a know issue?

Pedro

> {quote:title=Pedro Brown wrote:}{quote}
> This is the error that I see in the 'Event Viewer'.
>
> Faulting application rave.exe, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x48c039fd, faulting module rtl120.bpl, version 12.0.3170.16989, time stamp 0x48c1dd16, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x0001d760, process id 0x1904, application start time 0x01c912f598d0db71.
>
> Is this a know issue?
>
> Thanks
The same situation I met with you.I got a solution-----find the Rave.exe in you install folder and right click the mouse button,select "run program in compatible mode",and then run your program again,It'll function well.
0
Jiang
9/22/2008 11:06:54 AM
Hi Pedro

We have seen these popping up, I have tracked it down to what appears to be a buffer overrun (in the Strlen function) in the EnumPrinters code in it has been internally reported, but is it difficult to reproduce... you can duplicate the problem with this code...

//uses RpDevice;
var
  MyRpDev: TRpDevice;
begin
  MyRpDev := RpDev;
end;

I have found that editing the printers in my Settings Printers in Windows this can remove the problem, but it is something that will need to fixed in the Rave code.

#R;

> {quote:title=Pedro Brown wrote:}{quote}
> This is the error that I see in the 'Event Viewer'.
>
> Faulting application rave.exe, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x48c039fd, faulting module rtl120.bpl, version 12.0.3170.16989, time stamp 0x48c1dd16, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x0001d760, process id 0x1904, application start time 0x01c912f598d0db71.
>
> Is this a know issue?
>
> Thanks

Edited by: Ray Vecchio on Sep 22, 2008 4:08 AM
0
Ray
9/22/2008 11:08:55 AM
> {quote:title=Pedro Brown wrote:}{quote}
> This is the error that I see in the 'Event Viewer'.
>
> Faulting application rave.exe, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x48c039fd, faulting module rtl120.bpl, version 12.0.3170.16989, time stamp 0x48c1dd16, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x0001d760, process id 0x1904, application start time 0x01c912f598d0db71.
>
> Is this a know issue?
>
> Thanks
Sorry ,the  replay I made before not exact clear.First make a copy of rtl120.bpl from Windows\system32 to the same folder with Rave.exe,then right click Rave.exe and chose "run program in compatible with "98/me or 95,except for NT and 2000.My Operating  system is chinese version :xp sp3.After doing this,It'll be work well!
0
Jiang
9/22/2008 11:28:25 AM
> {quote:title=Pedro Brown wrote:}{quote}
> This is the error that I see in the 'Event Viewer'.
>
> Faulting application rave.exe, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x48c039fd, faulting module rtl120.bpl, version 12.0.3170.16989, time stamp 0x48c1dd16, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x0001d760, process id 0x1904, application start time 0x01c912f598d0db71.
>
> Is this a know issue?
>
> Thanks

I met this problem on Windows XP SP2 too.   I also got a result that if no printer is installed, the Rave works well,  otherwise it will crash on startup.
0
jack

Delphi 7 to Delphi 2009 conversion

Rave 7.6 delphi 2009
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_daa1.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" See thirdparty.rave newsgroup. --JivePart=_daa1.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: image/jpeg; name="rave76_bug.jpg" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="rave76_bug.jpg" /9j/4AAQSkZJRgABAQEAYABgAAD/2wBDAAgGBgcGBQgHBwcJCQgKDBQNDAsLDBkSEw8UHRofHh0a HBwgJC4nICIsIxwcKDcpLDAxNDQ0Hyc5PTgyPC4zNDL/2wBDAQkJ...

Language like Delphi 6 or Delphi 7
Hi I like to make application what will connect to web services(SOAP or REST) and send data to server via HTTPS. I have previous experience with Delphi 6 and Delphi 7.I know that language in Delphi 2009 is changed. Which is the last Delhi(Delphi 2005, Delphi 2009) what have the languages like Delphi 6 or Delphi 7. Additional ,which edition(home,professional ,architect) I should use if i like to achieve my task? Pero perov wrote: > I know that language in Delphi 2009 is changed. That is not true. > Which is the last Delhi(Delphi 2005, Delphi 2009) what > have the lan...

Problem with Delphi 6 to Delphi 7 upgrade
I have just purchased Delphi XE because I have an immediate need of D7 which came for free with XE. I downloaded and installed D7 and I think I applied the Update 1 that I had also downloaded. After much messing around with old components, I have finally attempted to compile my D6 project with D7. I get the following error:- [Fatal Error] apm.dpr(225): Unit ExtDlgs was compiled with a different version of ExtCtrls.TPanel I have checked the library paths all point to D7 versions of everything and now am at a loss to know what to do next. Also checked the sequence to make sure that al...

Can delphi 2009 and delphi 7 be on the same computer?
Can I install and run delphi 2009 and delphi 7 separately on the same computer or will they interfer with each other? I have delpi 7 already so do I need to choose a new folder (not c:\Borland) when installing 2009? Lorne Anderson wrote: > Can I install and run delphi 2009 and delphi 7 separately on the same > computer or will they interfer with each other? > > I have delpi 7 already so do I need to choose a new folder (not c:\Borland) > when installing 2009? It works fine. You usually want to install the older version first. As for folders, the root folde...

Migrating to Delphi XE from Delphi 7.0
Below is my code in Delphi 7.0, this is how to call another units in webmodule... Hello All, I create a web application in Delphi 7.0, using the Web Server Application, CGI, IntraWeb 7.0.15. And I used TIWPageProducer to view like this url "http://localhost/mcr/mcr.exe/main". I built and run. I viewed in thru IIS and it is running... This is my code in Delphi 7.0 .... .... procedure TWebModule1.proMainGetForm(ASender: TIWPageProducer; AWebApplication: TIWApplication; var VForm: TIWPageForm); begin VForm := TfrmMain.Create(AWebApplication); end; procedure TWebModule1....

Convert Delphi 7 to Delphi 2009 [Edit]

Question about Delphi 2009 vs Delphi 7
Hi, I was wondering if any of you can point me to a URLs that show the most important improvements between these versions of Delphi. The objective is convincing the powers-that-pay-the-bills that moving to D2009 (that we'd have to purchase) is a better idea than moving to D7 (for which we have licenses). Fire at will! -- Saluti, Alessandro Federici ------------------------------- "I have been through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened." (Mark Twain) Alessandro Federici wrote: > Hi, > I was wondering if any of yo...

ShareMem Delphi 6 --> Delphi 2009
I have just upgraded from Delphi 6 to Delphi 2009. My software uses about 20 files, plus literally dozens more plug-ins. Every project has ShareMem as its first unit and borlndmm.dll is distributed with the software. I am aware that the Borland Memory Manager was replaced to use FastMM quite some time ago. Will I have to rebuild every EXE and DLL in DElphi 2009 that uses ShareMem, or will supplying the new borlndmm.dll be enough? i.e. I would like to just update the main application EXEs and DLLs, but leave the plug-ins alone. Will this work? Thanks, Jason. -- Jason Sweby ...

[...]

Web resources about - Rave 7.6.0 from Delphi 2009 does not start on my machine. Vista x64. - embarcadero.delphi.install

Machine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A machine is a tool containing one or more parts that uses energy to perform an intended action. Machines are usually powered by mechanical, ...

Labor Club becomes the third club to buy more poker machines under trading scheme
The Labor Club has become the third major club to buy poker machines in new trading scheme.

Qylatron Honeycomb Machine: Is this the future of airport security screening?
BAG screening at the airport can be a slow process, but unfortunately it’s a necessity.

Move Over, Robowriters: Machines Can't Write Emotional Content
By 2018, machines will be writing 20% of all business content, Gartner predicts. In fact, this trend is already happening behind the scenes. ...

Chillingo’s Micro Machines will race onto the scene soon
... and coming soon to iOS is a multiplayer racing game that is based on the cool vehicles from Hasbro introduced in the 1980s. Micro Machines will ...

Students build battery-powered personal flying machine
A team of students at the National University of Singapore has successfully built and flown a 24-propeller personal copter.

One month later, the Alienware Steam Machine is still a nice accompaniment to the PC
Back in October , I had the chance to test out the new Alienware Steam Machine's mid-range model (i3 Dual Core, 8GB DDR3, 1TB HDD), and was fairly ...

Epson wants to put a paper recycling machine in your office
... The company's PaperLab, an 8.5-foot-wide device that turns used paper into clean white sheets, is set to go on sale next year. The machine strips ...

Machine Learning Shaping the New World of Cognitive Computing
FEATURE: Big data, analytics and the cloud converge to give rise to advanced solutions such as machine learning for new enterprise insights. ...

Can Human-Centered Design Help Humans Prevail Over Machines In The Workplace?
How do we make humans central in the age of automation? From the beginnings of organized farming to the advent of organized labor, work has ...