RAD Studio 2007 (Architect) Re-Installation Problems

Hi Anyone,

System:  Dell Optiplex GX520 running XP SP3

History:
This system had RAD Studio 2007 installed, along with D2009 and D2010.
During an attempt to install XE on the system when first released ALL
prior versions of RAD Studio were thoroughly TRASHED!!!  So I
uninstalled them all.  I also deleted the folders left over in
C:\Program Files.  I also cleaned the Registry using Registry Booster
2011.  ( I also bought a new system with Win7-64 on it for XE. <g>
It's been working for a good while now.  Although I HATE Win7!)

Present Circumstance:
I have several NON-Unicode apps that I need to maintain which I do NOT
want converted to XE-Unicode.  So I desperately NEED Rad Studio 2007.
I have been trying for two full days now to re-install it on the XP
system.  To no avail.  (THREE failed looooong attempts!)  I can install
from my original DVD disk OK.  However, when I try to install Updates
(I have tried both Update 1 and Update 3) after a half-hour of
"grinding" I get an error message to the effect of "Web access failed."
I cannot get past the error. (My Internet access is active and working
just fine!)  and the Update installation fails, incomplete.
Dead-in-the-water.

I'm hoping someone might have a clue.  I sure don't.  (Yes, I've spent
hours Googling, etc., to no avail.)

ANY ideas greatly appreciated.

07/25/2011 11:49:56

XanaNews Version 1.19.1.278  [Q'sBrokenToolBar]
0
Quentin

> {quote:title=Quentin Correll wrote:}{quote}
> Hi Anyone,
>
> System:  Dell Optiplex GX520 running XP SP3
>
> History:
> This system had RAD Studio 2007 installed, along with D2009 and D2010.
> During an attempt to install XE on the system when first released ALL
> prior versions of RAD Studio were thoroughly TRASHED!!!  So I
> uninstalled them all.  I also deleted the folders left over in
> C:\Program Files.  I also cleaned the Registry using Registry Booster
> 2011.  ( I also bought a new system with Win7-64 on it for XE. <g>
> It's been working for a good while now.  Although I HATE Win7!)
>
> Present Circumstance:
> I have several NON-Unicode apps that I need to maintain which I do NOT
> want converted to XE-Unicode.  So I desperately NEED Rad Studio 2007.
> I have been trying for two full days now to re-install it on the XP
> system.  To no avail.  (THREE failed looooong attempts!)  I can install
> from my original DVD disk OK.  However, when I try to install Updates
> (I have tried both Update 1 and Update 3) after a half-hour of
> "grinding" I get an error message to the effect of "Web access failed."
> I cannot get past the error. (My Internet access is active and working
> just fine!)  and the Update installation fails, incomplete.
> Dead-in-the-water.
>
> I'm hoping someone might have a clue.  I sure don't.  (Yes, I've spent
> hours Googling, etc., to no avail.)
>
> ANY ideas greatly appreciated.

Do you use Update 1 and 3 install from the web or complete install?
I have found full zip versions of updates for offline installation in my
Registered User Downloads. There is also CodeGear RAD Studio 2007 ISO (Dec 2007)
that includes Update 3 and can be used to install Delphi 2007.

I don't have any other ideas that could help you. Of course, I am
assuming that you don't have any security software or firewall that
could get in the way of installation process.

Dalija Prasnikar
0
Dalija
7/25/2011 7:26:17 PM
Dalija,

| Do you use Update 1 and 3 install from the web or complete install?
| I have found full zip versions of updates for offline installation in
| my Registered User Downloads. There is also CodeGear RAD Studio
| 2007 ISO (Dec 2007) that includes Update 3 and can be used to install
| Delphi 2007.

I use the full Zip downloads from Registered User D/L's for both
Updates.
(I also have the May08Help update.)

I tried to D/L the ISO but Embarcadero's D/L performance was to
terrible I stopped it when it was only half-completed after two hours.
<sigh>

| I don't have any other ideas that could help you. Of course, I am
| assuming that you don't have any security software or firewall that
| could get in the way of installation process.

Yep, I have Kaspersky protection "paused."

I just finished once again installing from scratch from my DVD.  This
time I did NOT install Help, it is slower than molasses in January. <g>

There's also an issue with the Welcome page:  It does not populate.
The Tab page shows but there is never any info on it.

07/25/2011 12:58:36

XanaNews Version 1.19.1.278  [Q'sBrokenToolBar]
0
Quentin
7/25/2011 8:07:23 PM
> {quote:title=Quentin Correll wrote:}{quote}
>
> I just finished once again installing from scratch from my DVD.  This
> time I did NOT install Help, it is slower than molasses in January. <g>
>
> There's also an issue with the Welcome page:  It does not populate.
> The Tab page shows but there is never any info on it.

Sorry that I could not be more helpfull, but I have never installed Delphi 2007
so I don't have much experience with it.

Dalija Prasnikar
0
Dalija
7/25/2011 8:29:34 PM
Dalija,

| Sorry that I could not be more helpfull, but I have never installed
| Delphi 2007 so I don't have much experience with it.

No problem!  Thanks for your thoughts.

Hopefully someone in Embarcadero will have some relevant knowledge.

07/25/2011 13:55:20

XanaNews Version 1.19.1.278  [Q'sBrokenToolBar]
0
Quentin
7/25/2011 9:00:22 PM
> {quote:title=Quentin Correll wrote:}{quote}
> Hopefully someone in Embarcadero will have some relevant knowledge.

If you're still waiting for an answer, I'd say file a support case.  They're free for installation support, you know.
--
Rick Carter
Cincinnati, OH

| If you're still waiting for an answer, I'd say file a support case.
| They're free for installation support, you know.

Thanks Rick!  Yes, I am still waiting for a solution.  I e-mailed Mark
Edington but he doesn't have a clue either. <g>  Mark was able to tell
me where the WelcomePage "stuff" exists, which I found.  However, the
code that uses that "stuff" isn't there and I don't have a clue where
it might be.

That all said, I know that RAD Studio 2007 is now "old."  But it's the
LAST version that isn't all mucked-up with Unicode cr*p so it would be
nice to have a clean, fully functional, version to use.

07/31/2011 09:51:26

XanaNews Version 1.19.1.278  [Q'sBrokenToolBar]
0
Quentin

Web resources about - RAD Studio 2007 (Architect) Re-Installation Problems - embarcadero.delphi.install