RAD 2007 Installation Problem

I am having a problem installing RAD Studio 2007 Enterterprise Edition on a Del Latitude D830 which has Vista Ultimate installed.
This is a new Laptop with no other software installed.
During an attempted installation I get : "the cabinet file netfxsd1.cab is corrupt" error message.
I am installing from a DVD. I have been able to successfully install the software on a Laptop running Windows XP, indicating its not the DVD. I've tried just copying the files onto a flash drive, via the Laptop with XP, and then onto the Vista laptop, but get the same error message, indicating it is not the DVD drive.
I would appreciate any help in sorting the above problem, thankyou.
0
Robert

Robert Gilmore wrote:

> the cabinet file netfxsd1.cab is corrupt

Maybe it really is corrupt. From the name it could be the dotNet
framework sdk. If that was already installed on your XP machine, the
step that requires netfxsd1.cab might have been skipped so a corrupt
file would not have caused a problem. If that is the case,
pre-installing the framework sdk might fix the issue.

Eric Thorniley
Eric
9/1/2008 6:26:16 PM
I tried installing the Net framework as supplied with my previous Delphi 2005 installation before the RAD 2007 installation and this appears to have solved the problem - thankyou. Thus it seems as though there is a problem with the netfxsd1.cab supplied on the DVD.

> {quote:title=Robert Gilmore wrote:}{quote}
> I am having a problem installing RAD Studio 2007 Enterterprise Edition on a Del Latitude D830 which has Vista Ultimate installed.
> This is a new Laptop with no other software installed.
> During an attempted installation I get : "the cabinet file netfxsd1.cab is corrupt" error message.
> I am installing from a DVD. I have been able to successfully install the software on a Laptop running Windows XP, indicating its not the DVD. I've tried just copying the files onto a flash drive, via the Laptop with XP, and then onto the Vista laptop, but get the same error message, indicating it is not the DVD drive.
> I would appreciate any help in sorting the above problem, thankyou.
0
Robert

Delphi RAD studio 2007
Hello there, I’m trying to install Delphi RAD studio 2007 – architect edition on my laptop. During installation, I got "This advertised application will not be installed because it might be unsafe. Contact your administrator to change the installation user interface option of the package to basic. I clicked ok to proceed further (as there was no option to cancel the installation process). The installation was successful & I’ve restarted my machine. When starting Delphi, I’m getting “Access Violation at address 7C91072 F in module 'ntdll.dll. Read of address 010D6385” Can yo...

Problem installing RAD Delphi 2007 Enterprise [Edit]
I have problems with installing Delphi 2007 Enterprise. I get the following error: *Downloading of installation data from the web has failed.* *Please make sure that you are connected to the internet.* I have internet access and it is working with no problems. The installation worked without any problems the fist time. Does anyone have any ideas about this problem. Thanks Leon Edited by: Leo Dil on Apr 8, 2010 1:17 AM > {quote:title=Leo Dil wrote:}{quote} > Does anyone have any ideas about this problem. You can always download the .ISO and make your own installat...

To install or not to install?

Installing RAD Studio 2007 gets MS Installer error
I am moving to a new Vista 64 system so I am re-installing all of my versions of Delphi and BCB. All have installed successfully except BCB 2007. I can install my original Delphi 2007 DVD but if I try to install any updates or from my BCB 2007 DVD which includes updates 1 through 3, the install fails as soon as it gets to the point where the MS Installer is called, after which both Delphi and BCB 2007 are gone. I have tried all kinds of combinations and order of installing Delphi, BCB, and updates but it always boils down to anything that includes an update will bomb when the MS Installer...

Problem Installing Modules via install\module During DNN Install
I'm currently troubleshooting an install problem that is killing me since I do 3-5 installs of DNN per day.With v3.0.13 I had an 9 modules I placed in the install\module folder for automatic installation.  With v3.1 that number has increased to 25 (I'm not sure if the number has anything to do with it).When installing DNN v3.1, the install page lists all of the modules. EX:00:00:18.078 -   Installing Module File C:\hshome\jangles\bunstore.co.uk\Install\Module\Announcements_3.1.0.zip:00:00:19.218 -   Installing Module File C:\hshome\jangles\bunstore.co.uk\Install...

Install Delphi 2007 with .NET 2 Problem
I am attempting to re-install Delphi 2007 in Windows XP and have discovered that it requires .NET 2 to be installed before continuing. However, I cannot install v2 on my system since v2.1 is already installed. The "solution" suggested from from Microsoft was to uninstall .NET v2.1. However, the v2.1 will not uninstall because other installations are dependent on the v2.1 These seem to be my options so far: Solution 1: Uninstall .NET 4, 3.5, 3, and 2.1 - then install Delphi 2007. Not sure this will work. Solution 2: Find a Delphi installation that does not require .NET...

Installation Problems Installing NW50SP6A
HI I Have a Netwareserver with V 5.0 german I try to Install SRVPack 6a After expanding downloaded File NW50SP6A in the Folder SYS:\NW50SP6A i call "INSTALL ANOTHER PRODUKT" in the Config Screen Then after pressing F3 i specified the Path " SYS:\NW50SP6A" Then i get the Message " netamain.ils not Found " Whats wrong. Can somebdy help me to solve this problem Thanks H.J. Claas > Then after pressing F3 i specified the Path " SYS:\NW50SP6A" > > Then i get the Message " netamain.ils not Found " Ch...

RAD Studio 2007 (Architect) Re-Installation Problems
Hi Anyone, System: Dell Optiplex GX520 running XP SP3 History: This system had RAD Studio 2007 installed, along with D2009 and D2010. During an attempt to install XE on the system when first released ALL prior versions of RAD Studio were thoroughly TRASHED!!! So I uninstalled them all. I also deleted the folders left over in C:\Program Files. I also cleaned the Registry using Registry Booster 2011. ( I also bought a new system with Win7-64 on it for XE. <g> It's been working for a good while now. Although I HATE Win7!) Present Circumstance: I have several ...

If somebody could tell me what should be the problem. I installed Mozilla 1.7 under Mandrake Linux 9.1. But there are no icons installed into my KDE automaticly. Mozulla 1.7 installation problem
If somebody could tell me what should be the problem. I installed Mozilla 1.7 under Mandrake Linux 9.1. But there are no icons installed into my KDE automaticly. What should be the problem? ...

Special care for Installing Delphi XE and keeping RAD Studio 2007
Hi to all, I have a RAD Studio 2007 version that is in production, and I need to install Delphi XE in the same machine but I don't want my 2007 projects to be affected with this. I'm planning to migrate all projects to XE but it is going to take a while. For doing this is there any special care to take? Any tips about this will be appreciated. Nando. > {quote:title=Hernando Duque wrote:}{quote} > Hi to all, > > I have a RAD Studio 2007 version that is in production, and I need to install Delphi XE in the same machine but I don't want my 2007 projects t...

VSI installation problem
This error message occurs for me when attempting to install any VSI package (including TimeTracker etc). The templates do not appear in the My Templates section of Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2.. Help or suggestions appreciated! Me too,can't get the damn f**g thing to install, tried many times but still same error with all .VSI Packs  personal, club &  time tracker  ....... HELP  HELP HELP HELP only thing i can think of is that i didn't uninstall .NET Framework as recomended in "Uninstalling Express Editions" note for...

Inspiron 1000 install problem (11.1, 11.2, net install, dvd install)
Ok, I have a plain jane Inspiron 1000, 2ghz celeron, 256m ram, 40gig hd, dvd. I burned 11.2 to dvd, 11.1 to dvd, tried installing both. Both get the dreaded "cannot create repository" (i'm paraphrasing). No problem, I download and burn 11.1, 11.2 net install's, checksums check out ok. I go through the first part where it downloads stuff from download.opensuse.com (or something similiar), then it fails again, not able to install. I get no message on the net installs. Just fails real quick with a red box. I tried a text install, fails. What gives? --...

D2007 install / uninstall / install problems..
For your information: I had to uninstall delphi 2009 because it crashed repeatedly ~1 minute after startup. So i uninstalled it (and saw the blackfish still installed so i manually delete that). Then i installed d2009 again. Two problems here 1) I installed in another path, however all registry values remained on the old path (and obviously nothing worked) 2) I already registered for a new activation key (because it could not be upgraded, which is stupid). The new install found the old trial registration info. So i uninstalled evertything again, deleted the blackfish and othe...

grub installation problem when installing over Ubuntu
hi, I have ubuntu and windows running right now in my pc and I want to replace ubuntu (keeping home). But the problem comes with the bootloader, when the system restarts the system goes to grub menu and just sit over there. Its not a perfect grub menu too, as i cant do grub update and all. During installation of opensuse also some warning comes when configuring bootloader(did it 1.5 months back) that system might not be able to function properly due to some size constraint. I tried to install grub it in both root partition and MBR one by one but doesn't work and the issue rema...

Web resources about - RAD 2007 Installation Problem - embarcadero.delphi.install

List of United States Army installations in Germany - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Blink Twice video installation at Summer Set Festival: 3D motion faces projected on trees - YouTube
Blink Twice is a video installation that transforms trees into huge 3D faces that smile, move, gesticulate and even follow the viewer's gaze. ...

Australia leads world in household solar panel installations
Australia has the highest rate of household solar panel installation in the world.

Tesla Powerwall home installations are starting for pilot customers
A first look at the consumer-facing Powerwall from Tesla. (credit: Megan Geuss) Tesla has begun shipping 7kWh stationary batteries— branded ...