Program won't start

After installation of Starter Editions of Delphi and C++ Builder XE8 on Windows 8.1, nothing happens when I try and launch them, outside of a spinning cursor for a few seconds. If I remember right, I had this same issue with trying a trial version of XE7 on Windows 7.

It would help if the developers would make a debug mode, or debug version where the software could log what it was doing and it could be seen exactly what it cannot do, or what is causing it to blow up.
0
Rob

The most likely culprit is virus protection. Try disabling it, or white
listing the bin folder of your product install or bds.exe. If it is not
virus protection, then almost certainly it is something else 3rd party.
Rebooting in diagnostic mode using msconfig usually resolves this. Note
that diagnostic mode turn off many things, most notably internet
connectivity, so you will want to run msconfig and return to normal mode
as soon as it is practical.

Rob Smith wrote:
> After installation of Starter Editions of Delphi and C++ Builder XE8 on Windows 8.1, nothing happens when I try and launch them, outside of a spinning cursor for a few seconds. If I remember right, I had this same issue with trying a trial version of XE7 on Windows 7.
>
> It would help if the developers would make a debug mode, or debug version where the software could log what it was doing and it could be seen exactly what it cannot do, or what is causing it to blow up.

0
quinn
 Thanks for the reply.
 I disabled the virus checker (Kaspersky) and also booted in diagnostic mode and the problem persisted. I had filed a support ticket and they also suggested those two options.
 But later they told me that Delphi Starter and C++Builder Starter cannot be installed on the same machine. In my particular case I had bought both at the same time, and installed both before trying to use either. After I uninstalled them, and only installed Delphi Starter, it is working now.

It does seem though that the installation procedure for them should check for an existing installation of the other and then print an error message and stop.

Also, for both products, navigating to the license file (a multi-line text file unless I did something wrong) I had downloaded and selecting it, did not work as far as obtaining the license number. In each case it told me that the license file was invalid and I had to edit it and type it in.

Rob

> {quote:title=quinn wildman wrote:}{quote}
> The most likely culprit is virus protection. Try disabling it, or white
> listing the bin folder of your product install or bds.exe. If it is not
> virus protection, then almost certainly it is something else 3rd party.
> Rebooting in diagnostic mode using msconfig usually resolves this. Note
> that diagnostic mode turn off many things, most notably internet
> connectivity, so you will want to run msconfig and return to normal mode
> as soon as it is practical.
>
> Rob Smith wrote:
> > After installation of Starter Editions of Delphi and C++ Builder XE8 on Windows 8.1, nothing happens when I try and launch them, outside of a spinning cursor for a few seconds. If I remember right, I had this same issue with trying a trial version of XE7 on Windows 7.
> >
> > It would help if the developers would make a debug mode, or debug version where the software could log what it was doing and it could be seen exactly what it cannot do, or what is causing it to blow up.

0
Rob

2007 version of firefox won't start! & version 2006 of thunderbird won't start
Name: Robert Calhoon Email: rjcalhoonatcomcastdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: 2007 version of firefox won't start! & version 2006 of thunderbird won't start Comments: sip these two go back to earlier version wait till starting gets fixed broke on office machine and home 4 pc's broke too. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.4) Gecko/20070515 Firefox/2.0.0.4 ...

Won't send, won't receive, won't do anything but send me rejection messages!
I keep getting messages such as these: Unable to connect to your IMAP server. You may have exceeded the maximum c= onnections to this server. If so, use the IMAP server settings dialog to re= duce the number of cached connections. Sending of the message failed. The message could not be sent because the connection to Outgoing server (SM= TP) smtp.google.com was lost in the middle of the transaction. Try again. I have used Thunderbird for years, and have really liked it. Sometimes one = of the top of the pages goes up way too high above the top of the screen, s= o there is no way...

KDE 4.1. Desktop won't start pannels won't be seen
Hello. I had problems of loading plasma before in KDE 4.0. Desktop wouldn't appear nor after 10 mins, I had to wait for up to 15mins to see desktop and pannels. So I was stuck with gray screen. I could lunch programs like alt + F2 (thanx for that shurtcut!!) I was desperate and I decided to install KDE 4.1. in hope that this will fix my problem. I've installed the KDE 4.1 from factory repository: /repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/Factory:/Desktop/openSUSE_11.0/ Note: when refreshing repositories after I've added this new repo, I got message that there are some dependencies...

Firefox crashes on start
I'm hoping someone can help me here. I've looked up and down google to try and find the answer to no avail. Suddenly, today, firefox stopped working. I was doing some maintenance on the computer and did the following: upgraded Spyware doctor and rescanned upgraded Registry Mechanie, did a registry fix and a computer optimization I have to assume the problem comes from there, since it was working fine before that. The first crash report I got referenced moveplayer@movenetworks.com. Since then, they've been different. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, nothing w...

Firefox won't recognize flash player plugin and won't re-install flash plugin
Name: Scott Coppersmith Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Firefox won't recognize flash player plugin and won't re-install flash plugin Comments: Firefox 3 beta 4 "forgets" that the flash plugin is installed and when it tries to autoinstall I get the error "install-977..rdf (provided by the item) is not well-formed or does not exist" It started doing this with Beta 3 after I installed the DownloadHelper add-on. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.9b4) Gecko/2008030714 Firefox/3.0b4 ...

Smart Tags won't open and some Intellisense won't fully work after installing LINQ CTP
I have installed the latest LINQ CTP.Some of the Intellisense stopped working. For example, writing:List<int> l=new with a space in the end, generally gives me a list of items, and List<int> is selected by default so I can press tab and get it written. After Installing LINQ it seems to be gone... Means no Intellisense is given. Only when hitting Ctrl+Space the list is shown but the default option is not selected.Another thing, when a smart tag is appears I'm unable to open it, hovering the small line expands the icon, but clicking the icon does nothing. Tried to hit Shift+Alt...

Installation won't start
Hi. I tried install SUSE 11.0 on my lap Toshipa Satellite A210-11P. I downloaded DVD 64bit varsion (MD5 checksum was right) and burned it. DVD is botting, and i have start menu but thats all. Every choose is ending with loading kernel 100% and next black screen, i was waiting one hour and nothing happend. -- panguzol ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Try changing the option for the kernel to Safe Settings and it should go. I had to do that on RC1 with my Toshiba. -- Wilson_Phillips --------------------------------------...

Installer won't start
I downloaded OpenSuse 11.0 and 11.1. I have problem with both versions. I start openSuse from live CD, and when I try to open installer, it starts and closes after 2 seconds. Thats in 11.0 version. In 11.1 version installer won't even start at all. I tried to find somenthing on the net, but I didn' found nothing. And also I tried to start it from terminal, and still it's the same problem. Does anybody knows what's the problem? -- blast_beat ------------------------------------------------------------------------ blast_beat;1991883 Wrote: > I downloa...

installed virtualbox, won't start
I downloaded and installed virtualbox through yast/install software. i got no errors upon install, and the program shows up in yast now. whether i click on the virtualbox icon or right-click/open, nothing seems to happen (not starting). I looked in system monitor under applications and it doesn't show up either. hmmm. anyway, want to try virtualbox to be able to use my zune. -- eggertdeggert ------------------------------------------------------------------------ 'VirtualBox Installation - openSUSE' (http://en.opensuse.org/VirtualBox_Installation) ...

Delphi 2007 won't start
I got an error stating that it could not load XXX did I want to try and load next time. I selected no and I get the following error: Delphi needs to close....... No error codes etc. I have run the repair utility but still get the same problem. Any ideas ? Is there a safe mode? Any help appreciated. SteveW In article <318176@forums.embarcadero.com>, Parkforce@googlemail.com (Steve Warburton) wrote: > I got an error stating that it could not load XXX did I want to try > and load next time. I selected no and I get the following error: > Delphi needs to...

K9
running Win Xp Professional - downloaded K9 - set it up but when I start my computer up - I have to open K9 up each time - isn't this program supposed to install itself at startup - or will I have to do it manually --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.522 / Virus Database: 320 - Release Date: 29/09/2003 "If it ain't broke" <wonkey@donkey.com> wrote in message news:blf6m6$p9q$1@news.grc.com... > running Win Xp Professional - downloaded K9 - set it up > but when I start m...

RepServer won't start/install
I've installed Replication Server and it doesn't seem to start. What I see is that rs_init hangs trying to start the repServer. If I reboot, and start thru Sybase Service manager, it shows it is running but the repServer is not pingable and log stops in same place. Any ideas? The environment is RepServer 11.0.2 (most recent customer has) installed on it's own machine, WinNT 4.0 Workstation (I know RepServer is not certified for 4.0 but don't have a 3.51 Server Available) RepServer The rssd is on a separate physical box, a Sybase SQL Server 11.0.2 (most rece...

Installed Fine but Won't Start !!
Hi Guys I have just finished installing openSUSE 11.1 on my double partitioned hard drive. The installation was smooth and I didn't get any errors. Now when I start my computer I get the boot loader, I choose XP .. it works fine (I'm currently in XP) But when I choose openSUSE, I get the logo with the grey/metal bar filling up, and then after that just a blank black screen !! nothing is showing !! So I still haven't been inside the openSUSE OS !! I don't know why it is doing this !! Can someone please tell me how I can fix this problem ? :( I would GREATL...

'do' won't 'do' if '/'

Web resources about - Program won't start - embarcadero.delphi.install