Problem with viewing Windows SDK help files from Delphi 7 under Windows 7

Hi,

I recently installed Delphi 7 on a Windows 8 machine putting it into a non-system folder. When I found that it wasn't displaying (Delphi) help files I downloaded and installed WinHlp32.exe  from the MS website

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=91

and this solved the problem.

But when I try to view the Windows SDK by selecting the appropriate menu item under the IDE Help menu I get the Winhelp runtime error message "Microsoft Help has stopped working".

Can anyone suggest what needs to be done to be able to view the Windows SDK files that ship with Delphi 7?

TIA,

EM
0
Enquiring

Delphi 7 + Windows 7 = No Help
Okay, so has anyone figured a solution to this problem yet? Delphi 7 uses winhelp for it's help system and Windows 7 does not include winhelp. The problem: Although Vista has a winhelp download, Windows 7 does not, and the Vista winhelp download will not install on Windows 7. The solution: Waiting to find out. Anthony Walter wrote: > The solution: Waiting to find out. It was released about a half an hour ago for download... :-) http://tinyurl.com/yz6s397 Mark > {quote:title=Anthony Walter wrote:}{quote} > Okay, so has anyone figured a solution to this pro...

Problem installing help with Delphi/CBuilder 2010 on Windows 7
I am having an issue with the help system with Delphi and CBuilder 2010. I'm running Windows 7 64bit and each time I hit the help icon in the IDE I get the following error message: "The Microsoft Document Explorer is not installed and the help system will not function. Please re-install our documentation." I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times but still have this error message. I'm not sure what else there is for me to do. Does anyone have any clue as to how to resolve this problem? Thanks Tribble Carter wrote: > I am having an issue with the h...

Delphi 7 Translation Manager problem on Windows 7
Using Windows 7 Ultimate + Sp1 64 bit. When I try moving to the Workspace tab I get this error: "Cannot open file D:\myproject\ENU\MyFile.dfn? The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process." I had no problem moving to this tab on Win-XP. Did you manage to use the Translation manager with a project containing many forms on Win7? Thanks in advance Am 05.11.2014 11:16, schrieb lior ilan: > Using Windows 7 Ultimate + Sp1 64 bit. > When I try moving to the Workspace tab I get this error: > "Cannot open file D:\myproject\ENU\M...

Windows 7 ... Delphi 7
The new Windows 7 reminds me very strong of Delphi 7 ... a good feeling! > {quote:title=Ralf Stocker wrote:}{quote} > The new Windows 7 reminds me very strong of Delphi 7 ... a good feeling! Me too, from what I've heard so far. They are releasing it as a public beta tommorrow (the first 2.5 million in line only): Windows 7 page http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/ Information on Downloading and Installing Windows 7 Beta http://windowsteamblog.com/blogs/windows7/archive/2009/01/07/information-on-downloading-and-installing-windows-7-beta.aspx How to Get in on th...

Dual Booting Open SUSE 11.2 and Windows 7, Windows 7 not loading (Windows 7 installed first)
Hi everybody i know there may be many threads on this topic but I have researched and still cant seem to get Windows 7 working when the GRUB menu appears but Open SUSE 11.2 works fine.. This is the first time installing Open SUSE 11.2. I created two partitions (swap and Suse 11.2) in Windows 7 before installing Open SUSE 11.2. Open SUSE 11.2 automatically created an extra two partitions (one was swap and the other i guess is where SUSE was installed?), i should have gone into expert mode and left my original partitions but i decided to let SUSE do it and i deleted the partitions i...

Install Delphi 2010 Ent in Windows XP or Windows 7
What operating system would you recommend installing and using Delphi 2010 Enterprise in? Windows XP or Windows 7 32 bit or 64 bit. And why? Thanks Greg Saunders wrote: > What operating system would you recommend installing and using Delphi > 2010 Enterprise in? > > Windows XP or Windows 7 Windows 7. > > 32 bit or 64 bit. 32 bit. > > And why? Windows 7 is a lot supperior and more stable than windows XP, also it recognizes more than 3 GB of RAM. Delphi 2010 supports Windows 7 Libraries, you can take advantage of this in yo...

Delphi 7 & Windows 7
win7 also have language problems. I used to fix the code below. But it did not work. I tried to indicate in the images. Thanks for your help. // initialization SetThreadLocale(LANG_TURKISH); GetFormatSettings; // http://www.resimupload.com/ds144165673_screenhunter_01may.html http://www.resimupload.com/ds116050513_screenhunter_02may.html http://www.resimupload.com/ds501028062_screenhunter_03may.html Edited by: Mesut Yaz�l�m User on May 14, 2010 3:26 AM I suspect the TDateTimePicker component was initialized before the launch of the code overriding the current date ant time. U...

Delphi 7 & Windows 7
win7 also have language problems. I used to fix the code below. But it did not work. I tried to indicate in the images. Thanks for your help. // initialization SetThreadLocale(LANG_TURKISH); GetFormatSettings; // [url=www.resimupload.com/ds144165673_screenhunter_01may.html][img=http://pic1.resimupload.com/r3/thumb_144165673.jpg[/url] [url=www.resimupload.com/ds116050513_screenhunter_02may.html][img=http://pic1.resimupload.com/r7/thumb_116050513.jpg[/url] [url=www.resimupload.com/ds501028062_screenhunter_03may.html][img=http://pic1.resimupload.com/r8/thumb_501028062.jpg[/url] ...

Installation of Delphi 7 onto Windows 7 64 bit platform.
Hello, I am attempting to install Delphi 7 onto Windows 7, 64 bits, and keep getting the message: " Unable to rename C:\Program Files (x86)\Borland\Delphi7\Bin\delphi32.$$$ to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Borland\Delphi7\Bin\delphi32.dro' ". How do I get around this error, or is it even possible? Thank you very much in advance. John Shyer John Shyer wrote: >Hello, > >I am attempting to install Delphi 7 onto Windows 7, 64 bits, and keep >getting the message: " Unable to rename C:\Program Files >(x86)\Borland\Delphi7\Bin\delphi32.$$$ to '...

Delphi 7 won't start up anymore on Windows 7 (except in Windows safe mode) [Edit]
I'm using Delphi 7 PE under Windows 7 Home Edition. Since four days Delphi will not start anymore. When I start, I see an entry "delph32.exe" in the Windows Task Manager (process tab, not application tab) but this will disappear sillently after some seconds. No error or warning message is given. I tried several things already, after searching the internet for a solution: - start delphi in comptability mode - start delphi as administrator - give full right on the installation directory of delphi - disable UAC - restore windows to the previous restore point None of ...

Reinstall Delphi 7 on Windows 7?
My projects work fine in Delphi 7 on my old XP machine so the problems I am now experiencing under Windows 7 must be due to the Delphi set-up in Windows 7. I have attempted to reinstall this - after entering my serial number and authorization code the installer bombs out with the error "1311 file not found C:\Program Files\Borland\DELPHI~1.cab ...." certainly this file does not exist but nor does it exist on the XP machine. I downloaded the original Delphi from the old Borland site which is now not avai lable. Does anyone know what this *.cab file is all about or how I can get new...

Using Delphi 7 in Windows 7
I have recently upgraded my system to Windows 7. I have Delphi 7 working to some extent - it will open my projects and display my units and allow me to edit the code then compiles the *.exe file - BUT it will not display my forms. View/Forms - shows the list of forms and will open the associated unit but neither this nor F12 will display the form itself. Consequently I am unable to edit the form itself or its properties. Any ideas about what might be preventing these from displaying? > {quote:title=Ian BASIRE wrote:}{quote} > I have recently upgraded my system to Windows 7. I h...

Delphi 7 and Windows 7 x64
I have a number of applications that cannot be migrated from Delphi 7 because of third party components. Is it possible to run Delphi 7 on Winows 7 or is it necessary to use VMWare? Will programs compiled with Delphi 7 run on Windows 7? Tom Thomas Hahn wrote: > I have a number of applications that cannot be migrated from Delphi 7 > because of third party components. Is it possible to run Delphi 7 on > Winows 7 or is it necessary to use VMWare? Will programs compiled > with Delphi 7 run on Windows 7? It run OK, you must have admin rights to install Cesar Rom...

Delphi 7 & Windows 7 & Touchscreen (button press/release effects problem)
Everything works fine with a mouse. Now when I try to use my application with a touchscreen I can see that events are generated just fine. The problem is there is no button press/release event generated in the entire application. The application doesn't have this problem under windows XP. Any idea what could be causing this? Tumer TOPCU wrote: > Everything works fine with a mouse. Now when I try to use my > application with a touchscreen I can see that events are generated > just fine. The problem is there is no button press/release event > generated in the entire ap...

Problem Installing TurboPower Orpheus in Delphi XE2
Hi everybody, I'm new here and I need help with a problem, I have Embarcadero RAD Studio XE2 Delphi and I try to install the orpheus components. I follow the steps in the readme file, but I don't know why when I install the package, delphi crashes and stops working. I changed the platform to win32 but still not working. Anyone knows what's happening?.Thanks. Luis, What version of Orpheus4 are you using? Where did you get it? -- Q 07/03/2012 13:55:35 XanaNews Version 1.19.1.278 [Q'sBrokenToolBar] > {quote:title=Quentin Correll wrote:}{quote} >...

Delphi 7 on microsoft windows 7 64bit.
Hi, I am running delphi 7 on xp box, but we are planning to upgrade to windows 7 64bit. 1) does delphi 7 installation works on windows 7 64bit. 2) Any problem running Delphi 7 IDE on 64bit. 3) Any other problem on 654bit. We have about 100+ apps on delphi 7 and we do not want to upgrade delphi... any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks Samir On 29.6.2010 17:07, samir patel wrote: > Hi, > > I am running delphi 7 on xp box, but we are planning to upgrade to windows 7 64bit. > > 1) does delphi 7 installation works on windows 7 64bit. > 2) Any prob...

Delphi 7 TFontDialog and Windows 7 [Edit]
When using the TFontDialog on a Windows 7 box, it will not list the device fonts (printer fonts). If I launch M$ Word on that same machine, Word will list them fine. This works fine on an XP box. Any ideas? Edited by: Tim Muenstermann on Apr 29, 2010 9:05 AM > {quote:title=Tim Muenstermann wrote:}{quote} > When using the TFontDialog on a Windows 7 box, it will not list the device fonts (printer fonts). If I launch M$ Word on that same machine, Word will list them fine. > What Word does (BTW, M$ went out about a decade ago) makes absolutely no difference. Office ...

Delphi 7, Upgrade Path, Windows 7
I have a large number of programs that were created with Delphi 7 and are difficult to upgrade because of third part components. I have several questions that others who have faced a similar problem may be able to answer. (I do not yet have a Windows 7 to answer some of these questions.) 1. Will Delphi 7 programs run under Windows 7x32 and 7x64? 2. Will Delphi 7 run under Windows 7x32 and 7x64? 3. If upgrading, what version of Delphi is the best path? Any help would be sincerely appreciated. Tom Thomas Hahn wrote: > I have a large number of programs that were created wit...

Will Windows 7 install over Windows 7 Trial Edition
A couple new systems were shipped with Windows 7 Trial Edition, timebombed to stop working after so many months Can a retail version of Windows 7 be installed over the Trial Edition ? "mgwmp" <p.zie@cnn.com> wrote in message news:ha4jid$2lmg$1@news.grc.com... >A couple new systems were shipped with Windows 7 Trial Edition, timebombed >to stop working after so many months > > Can a retail version of Windows 7 be installed over the Trial Edition ? > It depends on which "trial edition." If it was the RTM, then this is identical to th...

Windows 7 and Delphi 7, 32 or 64 bit?
I am in the process of getting a new PC and these days there is a choice between 32 and 64 bit operating system (Win7). I have both Delphi7 Pro and BDS2006, where most of my work tends to still be done in Delphi 7. My question now is: Does Delphi 7 work correctly in Windows 7 x64 or do I have to install the 32 bit version in order to work with Delphi 7? This is about the IDE, not programs created with Delphi, which I already know work fine in Win7x64. I am worried about the impact of new security measures in Win7 and incompatibilities between the Delphi7 debugger and Win7x64..... Bo ...

Lock Time Out
A D7 BDE/Paradox application that has been problem free on a W2k platform has started throwing "Lock time out" errors having been moved to a Windows 7 platform. Multiple instances of a front end application run on workstations in a Windows Server 2008 R2 domain, with the database hosted on a shared folder on the server. The applications run OK interactively and only appear to raise the "Lock time out" error if left unattended overnight when all instances apepar to hit the same problem at some point. "Lock time out" is clearly a prevalent problem judging ...

Delphi 7 and Windows 7
Hi, I installed Delphi7 on Windows 7 - 64 bit. I have disable UAC and I was setting rights for Delphi direcotires in Program Files. I run Delphi in Administrator mode. When I can change my desktop from debug to normal I get Error "A call to an OS function failed." with button OK. When I press OK, the Error is display again. I must shutdown Delphi. Thank you for any idea to solve this problem Petr On Fri, 20 Aug 2010 07:09:11 -0700, Registered User <> wrote: >Hi, >I installed Delphi7 on Windows 7 - 64 bit. I have disable UAC and I was setting rights for Delph...

Delphi Program Running Under Windows 8 vs. Windows 7
If a program, created with D2007, runs fine under Windows 7, it should run under Windows 8, correct? It's basically the same Intel architecture, right? The program created with D2007 does nothing fancy - I'm no professional programmer. Installation may be slightly different - i.e., the installation program may need some modifying I assume, to install under Windows 8. I don't have Windows 8 right now, I'm just trying to gather some information for a client. Thanks Your program won't run only on Windows RT (ARM version of windows). On all other versio...

Delphi 7 won't run on Windows 7
I am building a new computer with windows 7. I downloaded the enterprise update to D7 that is susposed to run on WIndows 7. It seemed to install ok but when I start the program I get 2 errors - the first says that D7 is not compatible with Windows 7, I ignore that and then I get an error saying it can't rename delphi32.$$$ to delphi32.dro. What gives here? "Robert J. Reiley" wrote on Thu, 7 Jan 2010 07:48:34 -0800: > I am building a new computer with windows 7. I downloaded the enterprise update to D7 that is susposed to run on WIndows 7. It seemed to install ok but ...

Web resources about - Problem with viewing Windows SDK help files from Delphi 7 under Windows 7 - embarcadero.delphi.install

Skipping the service poses problems to funeral provider InvoCare
Australia's largest burial and cremation operator will try to educate people about the &quot;true value&quot; of a funeral service to further ...

Bentley Flying Spur V8 S solves the ultimate First World problem
Filed under: Geneva Motor Show , Bentley , Sedan , Luxury , Performance Can't decide between the V8 and W12 versions of the Flying Spur? Bentley ...

Embracing Computer Programming and Business law, UW students run from Problems of American Racial and ...
These kids today! So practical, so averse to the wisdom of their elders... For more analysis, here's the Cap Times article "Introductory politics ...

This cool cat battles her eye problem by wearing stylish shades
Bagel is a two-year-old grey moggy cat that was born without eyelids, which leaves her eyes incredibly vulnerable. Luckily, her owner devised ...

Forget About Deadpool, Catpool Is the Mercenary You Need to Take Care of Your Rodent Problem
With nine lives and cat-like reflexes, this suited up kitty is ready to be a super anti-hero. Fortunately for this cat, his face is much cuter ...

Rubio Is More Of A Bush Than Jeb — And That’s His Problem
Rubio’s refusal to admit the 2003 invasion was a mistake speaks to a dangerous obstinacy and lack of judgment

Adele Sets the Record Straight on Sound Problems During Her Grammys Performance
E! Online Adele Sets the Record Straight on Sound Problems During Her Grammys Performance E! Online Adele wants you to hear exactly why her ...

The Presidential Race Is Finally Moving To States With Economic Problems
After months of attention on Iowa and New Hampshire, the presidential race is at last shifting to two states — Nevada and South Carolina — that ...

Boeing Protest Rejected, But The Bomber's Problems Are Just Beginning
The Government Accountability Office today rejected a protest of the October decision to award Northrop Grumman the development contract for ...