Problem installing help with Delphi/CBuilder 2010 on Windows 7

I am having an issue with the help system with Delphi and CBuilder 2010. I'm running Windows 7 64bit and each time I hit the help icon in the IDE I get the following error message:

"The Microsoft Document Explorer is not installed and the help system will not function. Please re-install our documentation."

I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times but still have this error message. I'm not sure what else there is for me to do.

Does anyone have any clue as to how to resolve this problem?

Tribble

Tribble Carter wrote:
> I am having an issue with the help system with Delphi and CBuilder
> 2010. I'm running Windows 7 64bit and each time I hit the help icon
> in the IDE I get the following error message:
>
> "The Microsoft Document Explorer is not installed and the help system
> will not function. Please re-install our documentation."
>
> I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times but still have this
> error message. I'm not sure what else there is for me to do.
>
> Does anyone have any clue as to how to resolve this problem?

Same thing happened to me yesterday when installing D2009.  Luckily,
when I told it to install Help Update 3, it recognized that it was
missing and fixed it for me.  You might try to download the MDE from
http://microsoft-document-explorer.software.informer.com/8.0/ and
install that one - maybe it'll work after that.

--
Jon Purvis
Wildlife Data Analyst
On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 06:45:53 -0700, Tribble Carter wrote:

> I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times but still have this
> error message. I'm not sure what else there is for me to do.

Have you reinstalled the help or the IDE? When you install the help
does it warn you about installing Document Explorer as a
pre-requisite?

--
Marc Rohloff [TeamB]
marc -at- marc rohloff -dot- com
> {quote:title=Marc Rohloff wrote:}{quote}
> On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 06:45:53 -0700, Tribble Carter wrote:
>
> > I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times but still have this
> > error message. I'm not sure what else there is for me to do.
>
> Have you reinstalled the help or the IDE? When you install the help
> does it warn you about installing Document Explorer as a
> pre-requisite?
>
> --
> Marc Rohloff [TeamB]
> marc -at- marc rohloff -dot- com

I've installed so many times that I think I'm going to have to increase my license number.

I've given up on help. The IDE works, things compile but the help kills everything. It does (and did) ask to install Document Explorer 2008. Once it does that, it breaks the old help inside Delphi 2007 and anything else that used the Document Explorer 2005. And there isn't any correcting it even if you uninstall Document Explorer 2008. I've had to revert back to prior backups points of Windows 7.

I'm just going to assume it is a Windows 7 64-bit issue for now.
0
Tribble
8/31/2009 3:12:39 PM
> {quote:title=Tribble Carter wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=Marc Rohloff wrote:}{quote}
> > On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 06:45:53 -0700, Tribble Carter wrote:
> >
> > > I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times but still have this
> > > error message. I'm not sure what else there is for me to do.
> >
> > Have you reinstalled the help or the IDE? When you install the help
> > does it warn you about installing Document Explorer as a
> > pre-requisite?
> >
> > --
> > Marc Rohloff [TeamB]
> > marc -at- marc rohloff -dot- com
>
> I've installed so many times that I think I'm going to have to increase my license number.
>
> I've given up on help. The IDE works, things compile but the help kills everything. It does (and did) ask to install Document Explorer 2008. Once it does that, it breaks the old help inside Delphi 2007 and anything else that used the Document Explorer 2005. And there isn't any correcting it even if you uninstall Document Explorer 2008. I've had to revert back to prior backups points of Windows 7.
>
> I'm just going to assume it is a Windows 7 64-bit issue for now.

I had the same problem, W'7 Delhpi 2010, no Hepl
After I installed the second button on the installer: "Install Delphi and C++Builder Documentation, Help worked perfect.

Good luck,
Kees
0
Kees
9/18/2009 3:39:50 PM
> {quote:title=Tribble Carter wrote:}{quote}
> I am having an issue with the help system with Delphi and CBuilder 2010. I'm running Windows 7 64bit and each time I hit the help icon in the IDE I get the following error message:
>
> "The Microsoft Document Explorer is not installed and the help system will not function. Please re-install our documentation."
>
> I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times but still have this error message. I'm not sure what else there is for me to do.

You did install the help, didn't you? It's a separate installation operation (the second button from the top in the installer) from the RAD Studio installation itself.
0
Ken

Install Delphi 2010 Ent in Windows XP or Windows 7
What operating system would you recommend installing and using Delphi 2010 Enterprise in? Windows XP or Windows 7 32 bit or 64 bit. And why? Thanks Greg Saunders wrote: > What operating system would you recommend installing and using Delphi > 2010 Enterprise in? > > Windows XP or Windows 7 Windows 7. > > 32 bit or 64 bit. 32 bit. > > And why? Windows 7 is a lot supperior and more stable than windows XP, also it recognizes more than 3 GB of RAM. Delphi 2010 supports Windows 7 Libraries, you can take advantage of this in yo...

Windows 7 x64bit Delphi 2010 issues when Visual Studio 2010 RC is installed
Hi, Anybody else experience issues with Delphi 2010 when Visual Studio 2010 RC is installed on Windows 7 x64 (Ultimate)? After installing Visual Studio 2010 RC I get all kind of weird package errors (f. ex. Together package) when starting Delphi 2010. After uninstalling Visual Studio 2010 RC the issues seems gone. I'm puzzled... It seems like .net 4 could have a bad influence on the .net 2 depending applications.... -Kurt I've not experienced any issues. -- http://www.climsystems.com/ http://www.virtorio.com/ ...

Problem with viewing Windows SDK help files from Delphi 7 under Windows 7
Hi, I recently installed Delphi 7 on a Windows 8 machine putting it into a non-system folder. When I found that it wasn't displaying (Delphi) help files I downloaded and installed WinHlp32.exe from the MS website http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=91 and this solved the problem. But when I try to view the Windows SDK by selecting the appropriate menu item under the IDE Help menu I get the Winhelp runtime error message "Microsoft Help has stopped working". Can anyone suggest what needs to be done to be able to view the Windows SDK files that sh...

Still stuck with Delphi 2010 installation on Windows 7...
For about one month now, I try to install Delphi 2010 without success on Windows 7. - I'm on a final Windows 7 Build (US version). - Delphi 2010 with a network slip file (All_access server) - I launched setup as administrator. At the end of the setup, I got an error telling me that db_pack didn't install correctly and to launch it separaterly. When I launch dbpack_setup separately, there is no error. - I tried on a new user, (domain user, local user, ...) same problem. - I tried to launch Delphi setup and dbpack_setup with a log file ( /l=c:\mylo.log ) but the logs conta...

Problem Installing TurboPower Orpheus in Delphi XE2
Hi everybody, I'm new here and I need help with a problem, I have Embarcadero RAD Studio XE2 Delphi and I try to install the orpheus components. I follow the steps in the readme file, but I don't know why when I install the package, delphi crashes and stops working. I changed the platform to win32 but still not working. Anyone knows what's happening?.Thanks. Luis, What version of Orpheus4 are you using? Where did you get it? -- Q 07/03/2012 13:55:35 XanaNews Version 1.19.1.278 [Q'sBrokenToolBar] > {quote:title=Quentin Correll wrote:}{quote} >...

Can't install Delphi 2010 on Windows 7 64 bit machine?
I tried it and it fails. It says to try to install dbpack_setup.exe and that fails too. When it fails, it says: >This installation package could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows >Installer package. Please check your settings and try again. I successfully installed this on another Vista machine. Prism with Silverlight died on that machine so we got a new Win 7 64 bit machine and I'm not trying to set things up on the new machine. I first installed the Prism stuff and got it all working on the new machine. I didn't ...

Delphi 2010 help not installed?
I've recently installed Delphi 2010, but I cant go to Help. It says the RAD Studio help namespace is not defined... How do I install Help into Delphi 2010 ? thanks Chisolm Wilson wrote: > I've recently installed Delphi 2010, but I cant go to Help. It says > the RAD Studio help namespace is not defined... > > How do I install Help into Delphi 2010 ? if you download the ISO, and have the DVD just run the installer and you will see the second option to install Help. if you install online, go to http://cc.embarcadero.com/myreg and download the help se...

Delphi 2010 Installation Problem
I have installed and reinstalled Delphi 2010 several times trying to correct an error I receive at compile time. [DCC Fatal Error] Project2.dpr(1): F1027 Unit not found: 'System.pas' or binary equivalents (.dcu) This error occurs on even a simple project containing one form with no components. Thanks for any help!!! John I have this exact same problem. Im so frustrated with 2010.. what do I do? <John Turner> wrote in message news:198672@forums.codegear.com... >I have installed and reinstalled Delphi 2010 several times trying to >correct an error I r...

Install Delphi 2010 problems !!!!!!
Hi, I did buy one license about Delphi 2010, when I finish to install this product and run Delphi, the program dont start and Open WEB window with the "How To Buy" product. I'm very worry about because I dont know how resolve this problem. Please some people can help me??????? ---------------------------------------------- Buenas, he adquirido una licencia de Delphi Prism y de regalo me dieron una licencia de Delphi 2010 y apartando LO COMPLICADO que ha sido registrar ambos productos, resulta que he podido instalar el Delphi 2010 con el serial que me hicieron llegar E...

Installation of Delphi 7 onto Windows 7 64 bit platform.
Hello, I am attempting to install Delphi 7 onto Windows 7, 64 bits, and keep getting the message: " Unable to rename C:\Program Files (x86)\Borland\Delphi7\Bin\delphi32.$$$ to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Borland\Delphi7\Bin\delphi32.dro' ". How do I get around this error, or is it even possible? Thank you very much in advance. John Shyer John Shyer wrote: >Hello, > >I am attempting to install Delphi 7 onto Windows 7, 64 bits, and keep >getting the message: " Unable to rename C:\Program Files >(x86)\Borland\Delphi7\Bin\delphi32.$$$ to '...

If somebody could tell me what should be the problem. I installed Mozilla 1.7 under Mandrake Linux 9.1. But there are no icons installed into my KDE automaticly. Mozulla 1.7 installation problem
If somebody could tell me what should be the problem. I installed Mozilla 1.7 under Mandrake Linux 9.1. But there are no icons installed into my KDE automaticly. What should be the problem? ...

Web resources about - Problem installing help with Delphi/CBuilder 2010 on Windows 7 - embarcadero.delphi.install