New installation Xe5 "Delphi personality not available"

Installed Delphi Xe5 yesterday. When i try open an project example I get this error. "Delphi personality not available"
see printsceen
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13053112/Opensampleproject.jpg

And I can not start a new one either. The File/New is almost empty.
See printscreen
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13053112/new.jpg

can anyone help me pls :)

regards
JJ
0
Joachim

Joachim wrote:

> Installed Delphi Xe5 yesterday. When i try open an project
> example I get this error. "Delphi personality not available"

Sounds like you did not run the IDE with the Delphi personality loaded, such
as if you installed both C++Builder and Delphi personalities but then started
the IDE with only the C++Builder personality loaded.  If you run bds.exe
by itself, it loads all installed personality, but there are also shortcuts
installed that run bds.exe with the "-P" command-line parameter to load specific
personalities by themselves.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0

I run this shortcut
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\RAD Studio\12.0\bin\bds.exe" -pDelphi

If I run just bds.exe it works like with the parameters.

Is the Delphi personality corrupt maybe? should I uninstall and reinstall Xe5 or is there a fix?
Did try repair but no changes happend

If i change the shortcut to -p Delphi (space between, that  I did hope would solve problem) BDS won't run at all

JJ

> Joachim wrote:
>
> > Installed Delphi Xe5 yesterday. When i try open an project
> > example I get this error. "Delphi personality not available"
>
> Sounds like you did not run the IDE with the Delphi personality loaded, such
> as if you installed both C++Builder and Delphi personalities but then started
> the IDE with only the C++Builder personality loaded.  If you run bds.exe
> by itself, it loads all installed personality, but there are also shortcuts
> installed that run bds.exe with the "-P" command-line parameter to load specific
> personalities by themselves.
>
> --
> Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
Joachim
12/1/2013 9:06:53 AM
Joachim wrote:

> I run this shortcut "C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\RAD
> Studio\12.0\bin\bds.exe" -pDelphi

That will load the Delphi personality by itself.

> Is the Delphi personality corrupt maybe?

Possibly.

> should I uninstall and reinstall Xe5

Probably.

> If i change the shortcut to -p Delphi (space between, that  I did hope
> would solve problem) BDS won't run at all

Sure, since that is not the correct use of the -p parameter.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0

> Joachim wrote:
>
> > I run this shortcut "C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\RAD
> > Studio\12.0\bin\bds.exe" -pDelphi
>
> That will load the Delphi personality by itself.
>
> > Is the Delphi personality corrupt maybe?
>
> Possibly.
>
> > should I uninstall and reinstall Xe5
>
> Probably.
>
> > If i change the shortcut to -p Delphi (space between, that  I did hope
> > would solve problem) BDS won't run at all
>
> Sure, since that is not the correct use of the -p parameter.
>
> --
> Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
Joachim

Help
--____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable The server object and "servername-PS" objects have been created, but the = server seems to have stuck! Any ideas? I had to type IP address of server with replica, which seemed to work = (installing over VPN link, but I've done this before with no trouble and = there is no problem I'm aware of with the link - everything else works) Cheers, Peter. --____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="____WHPEPQY...

Installation Guide is weak. Has a "no Worry FYI" but not "how to install"
Name: Ari V Email: defygravity79atyahoodotcom Product: Thunderbird Summary: Installation Guide is weak. Has a "no Worry FYI" but not "how to install" Comments: read / review it for yourself. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.1.11) Gecko/20071204 Ubuntu/7.10 (gutsy) Firefox/2.0.0.11 ...

Installation Guide is weak. Has a "no Worry FYI" but not "how to install" #2
Name: Ari V Email: defygravity79atyahoodotcom Product: Thunderbird Summary: Installation Guide is weak. Has a "no Worry FYI" but not "how to install" Comments: read / review it for yourself: Installing Thunderbird 2 Please note that installing Thunderbird 2 will overwrite your existing installation of Thunderbird. You won't lose any of your mail, but some of your extensions and other add-ons might not work until updates for them are made available. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.1.11) Gecko/20071204 Ubuntu/7.10 (...

[XE2] "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable
Today I reinstall XE2 with update 1, when I try to run the application, I got following error message, I am sure it used to works fine before rebuilding my PC. [DCC Fatal Error] Exception Exception: Compiler for personality "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable. [DCC Error] Compiler for personality "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable. so what I can do now to work around it? solved, I removed the environment varible platform(platform=win32) and not get this error message again. > {qu...

[XE2] "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable
I'm using Windows Vista Business 32-bit and C++ Builder XE2. When I create a new VCL project, add some Delphi files (.pas) to the project and try to compile, I receive the following error messages: {code} [DCC Fatal Error] Exception Exception: Compiler for personality "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable. [DCC Error] Compiler for personality "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable. {code} Normally, in C++ Builder XE, when I add some Delphi files to my projects, it compiles without any prob...

NOT SOLVED "Delphi.Personality" and platform "win32" missing or unavailable
Hello, Just installed (21st February 2012) Delphi XE2 Starter. Build 16.0.4276.44006 *Installed Updates* (RAD Studio XE2 Delphi and C++ Builder Update 1) (BTW why can't this info be copied instead of typing from Help>About) Got: *[DCC Error] Compiler for personality "Delphi.Personality" and platform "win32" missing or unavailable* when trying to run 1st Sample VBlock (BTW why there is no standard Hello World to show that IDE works?) *In spite of CASE SOLVED:* Report #: 98901 Status: Closed "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32...

installation package error: "The installer was interrupted before [program] could be installed"
Hi,     I encountered one problem with my web application installation package. Before, it works well. While after some minor changes to code, I rebuild the setup file, when I tried to run it, I got such error.     I searched on web to find similar problems due to file <VS Install>\Common 7\tools\deployment\dpca.dll     My symptom is the same as described, I used the tool Qwerty.Msi to check errors, when debug, at sequence WEBCA_GatherWebSites 12:30:12 PM  Action start 12:30:12: WEBCA_GatherWebSites.12:30:15 PM  Action ended 12...

install delphi xe7 up1 "Retry Extraction"
my system is win8.1 (64bit). and when i I did run the installer ,it says: 《 Extraction of installation data downloaded from the web has failed. What would you like to do: Download a fresh copy of the installation data. try to extract the existing download data again. if you choose canel ,setup will exit .your existing download date will be preserved. 》 yet. that is the problem. and i try install the xe4、xe5 ,the same question. i clear the cache that where in<c:/progdata{....}> not ok and Uncheck Real-time scanning not ok This error means you cannot communi...

"Connection closed gracefully" on computers where Delphi is not installed
Hello dear programmers, I am experiencing a problem with an email client application I made using indy TIdSMTP: I didn't experience problems on development computers, where there's Delphi installed. On other computers, while sending mail I get this exception: "Connection closed gracefully" and email is not sent. Maybe I should include some package? Thanks in advance. <Flavio Foglia> wrote in message news:297116@forums.embarcadero.com... > I am experiencing a problem with an email client application I made using > indy TIdSMTP: Which versions of...

install delphi xe7 up1 "Retry Extraction"
my system is win8.1 (64bit). and when i I did run the installer ,it says: 《 Extraction of installation data downloaded from the web has failed. What would you like to do: Download a fresh copy of the installation data. try to extract the existing download data again. if you choose canel ,setup will exit .your existing download date will be preserved. 》 yet. that is the problem. and i try install the xe4、xe5 ,the same question. i clear the cache that where in<c:/progdata{....}> not ok and Uncheck Real-time scanning not ok This error means you cannot communi...

"Firefox could not install this item because "install-lzo..rdf" (provided by the item) is not well-formed or does not exist"
Name: suresh Product: Firefox Summary: "Firefox could not install this item because "install-lzo..rdf" (provided by the item) is not well-formed or does not exist" Comments: Hi I am very much satisfied with Firefox.I had a problem when opening the site "www.crickinfo.com".It showed me to install a plugin and it failed to install the plug-inn by giving this me message "Firefox could not install this item because "install-lzo..rdf" (provided by the item) is not well-formed or does not exist. Please contact the author about this pr...

After installing "TMS FMX pack" in "XE5 Ent" can not use Firedac.
After installing "TMS FMX pack" in "XE5 Ent" can not use Firedac. At clic on "Connection Editor .." from FDConnection1 XE5. XE5 locks (can be stopped only by "end task"): (1. I compone FDConnection1 on the form. 2. Right-click on compnenta FDConnection1 3. Click the option "Connection Editor .." At this point RadXE5 ent or DelphiXE5 ent locks.) Note Use :Sonyvaio VFPCF1 (i7, 8GB, Win 8 ENT 64bit); coexist: RAD RAD XE4 Xe3 Ent and Ent. I need these versions because not all components used by me in Xe3, XE4 available for XE5. I have &...

"Validating install" for ages on Delphi 2009 update3 on Win7-RC
I am trying to install Delphi2009 update3/update4 on my Win7 RC test machine and it has been on the "validating install" part of update 3 for about an hour and a bit, and from the little green bar it looks like it's about 35% done. WHAT on earth is this crazy installer doing? W Warren Postma wrote: > WHAT on earth is this crazy installer doing? It might be wondering if you are installing as an Administrator....? -- Nick Hodges RAD Studio R&D Manager - Embarcadero http://blogs.codegear.com/nickhodges > {quote:title=Warren Postma wrote:}{q...

Module::Install: dependencies don't install with "make install"
I want to make a distribution that packages up dependencies for me. I think Module::Install is supposed to do this for me. Without the boring details, So I make a little module, tweak the Makefile.PL thusly: And I say "make dist", move the tar.gz file over to my other (windoze) machine, and untar it, and have what I expect in the inc dir: I say perl Makefile.PL, and make install - happy: =========================================== So I make a little module, tweak the Makefile.PL thusly: use 5.005; use inc::Module::Install; name ('SGlicense'); version ('1....

Web resources about - New installation Xe5 "Delphi personality not available" - embarcadero.delphi.install