Minor problems with Delphi XE after update 1

Hi,

Running on Windows 7 Pro 64-bit I've recently updated Delphi XE to Update 1.  Since doing that I have the following glitches (not sure whether 2 & 3 are strictly speaking related to Update 1, but no.1 is I think related.):

1.) I get the following message in the messages windows on startup:
Error executing 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\RAD Studio\8.0\bin\UpdateCheck.exe': Program cannot be found

Is this file somewhere else?  I did a quick search on the PC for the file but didn't find it, so it seems to really not be there...

2.) The IDE freezes for about 10 seconds just after starting to bring up the IDE proper, apparently retrieving an image.  The status bar message says:
(1 item remaining) Downloading picture bds:/Images/Athene.png

3.) The delay may however be due to the fact that the IDE is defaulting to the YAPP page -- as I also get a notification message saying
callOrYAPP: The operation timed out in the left bottom of the welcome page.

To wit, if I click Resources->Online Resources then shut the IDE down (thus leaving the IDE not on the YAPP page as default, and instead leave it on the resources page by default), then there's no delay, and no message about Athene.png or about callOrYAPP.

I'm behind a corporate proxy server, if that matters.

Many thanks for any help,

Walter
0
Andy

I have this same problem ...
to avoid the wait when trying to load the welcome page, I changed the shortcut to Delphi the following parameter:

"C:\Program Files\Embarcadero\RAD Studio\9.0\bin\bds.exe" -pDelphi -np

And to be able to install the update, I had to extract the contents of the download in another folder, I suspect it is an error on my machine ... other workstations works normally ...
0
Rodrigo
1/6/2012 1:15:37 PM
I have this same problem ...
to avoid the wait when trying to load the welcome page, I changed the shortcut to Delphi the following parameter:

"C:\Program Files\Embarcadero\RAD Studio\9.0\bin\bds.exe" -pDelphi -np

And to be able to install the update, I had to extract the contents of the download in another folder, I suspect it is an error on my machine ... other workstations works normally ...
0
Rodrigo

Problem encountered when installing update pack 1 for Delphi XE4
Hi, On Windows 7, when I run delphicbuilder_xe4_upd1_patch.exe, I get the following error message: Error writing to file C:\Windows\SysWOW64\bdeadmin.cpl. Verify that you have access to that directory. I noticed no file bdeadmin.cpl in the mentioned folder. I presume something is broken? Regards, Nols Smit ...

Installed Delphi 2010 update 4, but About box shows update 1. Did I update? [Edit]
I ran the Delphi 2010 Update 4 from the start menu's Embarcadero RAD Studio 10 > Check for Updates. It seemed to go fine. Afterward, my copy of Delphi 2010 is still showing it has Update 1 in the About window. I tried rebooting, but it still shows Update 1. I'm running Windows Vista, with a Standard User account. How can I tell if the update really occurred? When I go to Embarcadero RAD Studio 10 > Check for Updates now, it doesn't show Update 4 as an option any more. Edited by: Chris Irwin on Dec 15, 2009 9:00 AM > {quote:title=Chris Irwin wrote:}{quot...

Cannot install Delphi Update 1
Hello, When trying to install Delphi Update 1 I am receiving a pop up asking "Please locate your original setup resources to continue operation". How do I solve this problem please? Kind Regards, Asaf Asaf Goldman wrote: > Hello, > > When trying to install Delphi Update 1 I am receiving a pop up asking "Please locate your original setup resources to continue operation". > How do I solve this problem please? > > Kind Regards, > Asaf > I'll find out more later, but my guess is your install cache cannot be found. It located at ...

[XE] I did not Install the Boost Libraries when I installed XE but it did not stop Update 1 Boost from Installing.
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_4a211.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" ?I did not Install the Boost Libraries when I installed XE but it did not stop Update 1 Boost from Installing. --JivePart=_4a211.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: image/png; name="Update 1 Boost Install.PNG" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="Update 1 Boost Install.PNG" iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgA...

[XE] I did not Install the Boost Libraries when I installed XE but it did not stop Update 1 Boost from Installing.
?[XE] I did not Install the Boost Libraries when I installed XE but it did not stop Update 1 Boost from Installing. Should I report this as a problem in QC? ( See public.attachements ) Larry ...

Delphi 2006 to Delphi XE Crystal BPL problem [Edit]
I am in the process of migrating our application from Delphi 2006 to Delphi XE and, for ease of use, I have both 2006 and XE installed on my development computer. I access Crystal Reports XI RDC in our application and so I rebuilt the BPL in XE in order to add the new package to XE. However, when I try to add the package to XE I get the error message: “Registration procedure, Craxddrt_tbl.Register in the package c:\Documents and Settings\All Uers\Documents\RADS Studio\8.0\BPL\Crystal.bpl raised exception class EFilerError: Component TDatabase can’t be registered by package crystal.bpl be...

Delphi XE3 update 1 problem
Why Update 1 of RadStudio XE3 uninstall the old version of Rad Studio XE3 and it cannot open the unit containing many components such as TDataSource, TIBQuery, TIBdatabase,ecc..? > Why Update 1 of RadStudio XE3 uninstall the old version of Rad Studio XE3 dunno > and it cannot open the unit containing many components such as TDataSource, TIBQuery, TIBdatabase,ecc..? Are you sure InterBase is still on your machine? Otherwise reinstall Update 1 and make sure Interbase is checked ...

Upgrade from Delphi 5 and Delphi XE: Variant and SysUtils unit problems.
Hi. I am a newbie to Delhi XE. I have just taken on the task of converting my stuff from Delphi 5 [sic] to Delphi XE. The first errors I got was "Variants unit out of data or corrupted" and "symbol deprecated" in SysUtils I hope I can fix the problem by simply pointing to the "up-to-date" units. I am also wondering wether I will not have to switch to Unicode, since the errors seem to be string related (not that I know what changing to Unicode entails). Any help? Marcus > {quote:title=Marcus de Bruin wrote:}{quote} > Hi. > > I...

Problem upgrading web service client from Delphi 7 to Delphi XE
In trying to upgrade our web service client to Delphi XE we have now get a web service error of Invalid Format. When we examine the SOAP request we see the following differences from Delphi 7 vs Delphi XE In Delphi 7 we get <SomeStuff xmlns="" xsi:nil="true" /> In Delphi XE we get <SomeStuff xsi:nil="true" /> We have narrowed the failure down to these differences in the client request. Is there anyway to get Delphi XE to generate a SOAP request with the xmlns attribute set to blank as it used to be? Hello, > In trying to u...

Delphi XE IDE hangs with Update 1
I tested the Update 1 on my laptop, found no problems on an admittedly light-weight test, and so applied to my main work machine. Now Delphi hangs -- with 49% CPU usage and no file activity -- and never comes out of the loop. I rebooted, loaded Delphi XE, cursor over an identifier, saw "parsing .." and straight back to hanging. So ... does anyone have any suggestions? Many thanks in advance. -- Ed. Ed Weatherup wrote: > Now Delphi hangs When? Doing what? -- Nick Hodges -- Product Development Manager Gateway Ticketing Systems http://www.gatewayt...

Delphi XE Update 1 is now available
Update 1 for Delphi XE and C++Builder XE is now available. It's available first through the auto update system. It should be available from the registered users download pages within two hours and available in the full product installers and ISOs for purchasers, customers and trial downloaders next week. For more information, see the following. Update 1 or Delphi XE and C++Builder XE Readme http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/40881 Update 1 for Delphi XE and C++Builder XE Fix List http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/40984 Thanks, Tim -- Tim Del Chiaro Product Marketi...

Install problem with JCL and Delphi XE [Edit]
I've got XE fired up under Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, and I'm installing various 3rd-party things. My latest obstacle is JCL. I think I'm following the instructions, but since I've never been clear on why there is an install.bat in both the JCL and JVCL folders, I have my doubts. When I run the jcl\install.bat I get an error: JclResources.pas(2014) Fatal: F2039 Could not create output file 'C:\Users\Public\Documents\RAD Studio\8.0\hpp\JclResources.hpp' ....failed This happens despite the fact that I have changed the BPL path from: C:\Users\Public\Documents\...

Using DUnit in Delphi XE, some minor problems
I couldn't find a category for this post, so I hope it is suitable. I have decided to put DUnit tests into one of my applications, previously I had developed a very large system (380k lines) using my own testing system starting about 8 years ago, before I even knew DUnit was freely available, but I thought I would try out DUnit. I am using XE. The first problem I found is that it can't hook into private methods of classes, however, I think if I put a compile directive around the header and make them public for the tester and private otherwise that will fix that problem. Good ...

Delphi XE install problem on Win 7
hello, After install and try to load Delphi give a messsage : Exception EpackageRegistrationException dans le module coreide150.bpl en 0006c339. Procédure d'enregistrement, Pasreg.IDERegister dans le package c\programe....\bin\delphide.bpl a généré la classe d'exception EInOutError : Mismatched borrower. how to execute Delphi ? Best regards, Eric sailly eric wrote: > hello, > > After install and try to load Delphi give a messsage : > Exception EpackageRegistrationException dans le module coreide150.bpl en 0006c339. Procédure d...

Web resources about - Minor problems with Delphi XE after update 1 - embarcadero.delphi.install

Surprise! Lawyers Are Problem Drinkers
Assuming there are 10 attorneys on your team, statistically, two to three of the attorneys are suffering from drinking problems, depression, ...

This one app could solve your most frustrating home Wi-Fi problems
So you've just set up your home Wi-Fi network but for some reason you're having trouble getting your PC to connect to the network. It could very ...

This $2 billion startup CEO thinks the biggest problem facing European entrepreneurs today is 'bad advice' ...
... really bad advice, right." "There's starting to be a network of older people that have been [there]" Has Klarna been affected by this problem? ...

Engine problem sends Virginia-bound plane back to New York
... shortly after takeoff. A spokesman for the FAA says the crew of Commutair Flight 3585 declared an emergency because of an "engine-related problem" ...

IT pros brace for lost devices, access problems, on-call holidays
More than half (56%) of IT pros will be on-call or working during the holidays to troubleshoot tech problems, according to network management ...

Top 11 Problems Plaguing Solar And Wind Power
Wind and solar power will have to resolve these 11 fundamental issues before they can "fix" global warming.

Thanks, Obama. Fewer people have problems paying medical bills.
... In the first half of 2011 through the first half of 2014, approximately one in five persons under age 65 was in a family that had problems ...

Spotify pledges to fix the music industry's royalty problems
Paying artists for streams isn't just Spotify's problem the whole industry is stuck with a royalty model that's better suited for physical sales ...

Financial Stability report: Corporate bad loan problem can be tackled by faster economic revival
Gross Non-Performing Assets ratios of large borrowers among state-run banks increased from 6.1% in March to 8.1% in September 2015