Installing RAD Studio 2007 gets MS Installer error

I am moving to a new Vista 64 system so I am re-installing all of my versions of Delphi and BCB.  All have installed successfully except BCB 2007.  I can install my original Delphi 2007 DVD but if I try to install any updates or from my BCB 2007 DVD which includes updates 1 through 3, the install fails as soon as it gets to the point where the MS Installer is called, after which both Delphi and BCB 2007 are gone.  I have tried all kinds of combinations and order of installing Delphi, BCB, and updates but
it always boils down to anything that includes an update will bomb when the MS Installer is called.  All that shows up in the event viewer is an msiinstaller error with an event id of 1013.

Has anyone run into this problem and is there some sort of fix or workaround?

Thanks,

Kevin
0
Kevin

To install or not to install?

Delphi RAD studio 2007
Hello there, I’m trying to install Delphi RAD studio 2007 – architect edition on my laptop. During installation, I got "This advertised application will not be installed because it might be unsafe. Contact your administrator to change the installation user interface option of the package to basic. I clicked ok to proceed further (as there was no option to cancel the installation process). The installation was successful & I’ve restarted my machine. When starting Delphi, I’m getting “Access Violation at address 7C91072 F in module 'ntdll.dll. Read of address 010D6385” Can yo...

installation package error: "The installer was interrupted before [program] could be installed"
Hi,     I encountered one problem with my web application installation package. Before, it works well. While after some minor changes to code, I rebuild the setup file, when I tried to run it, I got such error.     I searched on web to find similar problems due to file <VS Install>\Common 7\tools\deployment\dpca.dll     My symptom is the same as described, I used the tool Qwerty.Msi to check errors, when debug, at sequence WEBCA_GatherWebSites 12:30:12 PM  Action start 12:30:12: WEBCA_GatherWebSites.12:30:15 PM  Action ended 12...

RAD Studio 2010 does not installs from root install program
Like in 2009 version. install_RADStudio.exe says "" is not valid integer value. In a W7 x64 8GB RAM machine. -- Microsoft Visual C++ MVP => http://geeks.ms/blogs/rfog ======================================== Funciona mejor si lo conectas. -- Ley de Sattinger. In article <153804@forums.codegear.com>, Rafael Ontivero <no@mail.com> wrote: > Like in 2009 version. > > install_RADStudio.exe says "" is not valid integer value. > > In a W7 x64 8GB RAM machine. This isn't a very descriptive message. Are you refer...

Errors installing SSL on Install
Hello, It seems that the problem I have seems to be with the CA being corrupt. I get the error creating W0 object, then a 251 error with PKI, when it is done it doesn't create the SSL keys. An outside vendor told me there was a procedure for fixing this problem. I was just wondering if I could get a copy e-mailed to me @ John.Hummer@wmtps.org instead of having a Novell Engineer on the phone for 4 hours. Thanx in advance for your help in this matter. John Hummer CNE West Milford BOE On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 17:18:18 GMT, John.Hummer@wmtps.org wrote: >It seems that the...

How Do I Get C++Builder Installed in RAD Studio 2007?
I had Architect 2006, and when 2007 first came out, only Delphi was available, so that was installed. I now need to update an old BCB5 project, and BCB5 won't run on Win7 64bit properly, so I need to update that. It was my understanding that since my upgrade was from Architect 2006, I'd be able to get BCB 2007 when it came out. I've downloaded the RAD Studio 2007 from the registered user download site and installed it, but there is no BCB in it, and it won't open a BCB5 project file. What step have I missed? In article <255933@forums.embarcadero.com>, Jeff Wormsle...

Installing RAD Studio XE8 has broken my existing installation of Borland6
I installed RAD Studio XE8 and everything with that works good, but now when open my old Borland C++Builder 6 application I try to compile a program and I get an error message asking me to insert the Borland C++Builder6 installation CD. This is all OK, but for future reference is there an easy way to ensure that RAD Studio XE and C++Builder can coexist on the same system and not step on each other's toes? > {quote:title=Mister Snrub wrote:}{quote} > I installed RAD Studio XE8 and everything with that works good, but now when open my old Borland C++Builder 6 application I try to co...

Error installing window service with incorrect UserName - How to trap this error
Hi, I am running a .bat file to install my .net application as window service.  In my ProjectInstaller Class, New Method, I am just assigning username, password and Account to ServiceInstaller1.  Now, If I assign invalid username here, service installation gets failed but I want service to get installed even if this assigned UserName is invalid. Here is my .bat file, just having two line of code.%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\InstallUtil.exe C:\Development\MyService\Bin\Debug\MyService.EXE>> MyScripts.log net start MyService>> MyScripts.log&...

I couldn't install Visual Studio.Net 2003, while installing an error message "Internal Error is comming"
[DMW: deleted due to the length of the log, and what follows is what's important][09/29/05,14:28:23] Visual Studio .NET Enterprise Architect 2003 - English: ***ERRORLOG EVENT*** : ACTION FAILURE: Action ended 14:28:23: CADpc.D0DF3458_A845_11D3_8D0A_0050046416B9. Return value 3. See MSI log for details.[09/29/05,14:28:23] Visual Studio .NET Enterprise Architect 2003 - English: ***ERRORLOG EVENT*** : ACTION FAILURE: Action ended 14:28:23: INSTALL. Return value 3. See MSI log for details.[09/29/05,14:28:30] Visual Studio .NET Enterprise Architect 2003 - English: MsiInstallProduct return cod...

Special care for Installing Delphi XE and keeping RAD Studio 2007
Hi to all, I have a RAD Studio 2007 version that is in production, and I need to install Delphi XE in the same machine but I don't want my 2007 projects to be affected with this. I'm planning to migrate all projects to XE but it is going to take a while. For doing this is there any special care to take? Any tips about this will be appreciated. Nando. > {quote:title=Hernando Duque wrote:}{quote} > Hi to all, > > I have a RAD Studio 2007 version that is in production, and I need to install Delphi XE in the same machine but I don't want my 2007 projects t...

Getting this Error when running Make install trying to Install Knights Chess
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/perrottab/Downloads/knights/knights' g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I/usr/lib/qt3/include -I. -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -D_REENTRANT -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wno-long-long -Wundef -Wall -pedantic -W -Wpointer-arith -Wmissing-prototypes -Wwrite-strings -ansi -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE -Wcast-align -Wconversion -MT server_icc.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/server_icc.Tpo -c -o server_icc.o server_icc.cpp cc1plus: warning: command line option "-Wmissing-prototypes" is valid for Ada/C/ObjC but not for C++ In file included from server_icc.h:21:0, fr...

Project gives compile error when in first attempt of installing it but installs successfully after removing it and re-installing
Hi Guys,I have a weird problem. Its not a show stopper but a mere inconvenience. I have a ASP.net application. And I am using setup project to install it on server. Every time I make changes in the application and need to install the release on the server, I have to uninstall the application using Add/Remove Programs utility. And Re-install it with created the setup .msi file. On running the application, it  always gives me a compilation error. Then I have to remove the application using Add/Remove Programs utility one mre time and re-run .msi file to get rid of...

JCL: Installation Error of RAD Studio 2007 CLR v2.0.50727 [Edit]
When installing RAD Studio 2007 CLR v2.0.50727. I get an error and the message "Installation was unsucessful". The Installation log contains the following: JclAbstractContainers.pas(1256) Warning: W1046 Unsafe type 'TIntegerHash' JclAbstractContainers.pas(1456) Warning: W1046 Unsafe type 'TIntegerHash' JclAbstractContainers.pas(1256) Warning: W1046 Unsafe type 'TIntegerHash' JclAbstractContainers.pas(1456) Warning: W1046 Unsafe type 'TIntegerHash' JclAbstractContainers.pas(1256) Warning: W1046 Unsafe type 'TIntegerHash' JclAbstractCo...

Web resources about - Installing RAD Studio 2007 gets MS Installer error - embarcadero.delphi.install

Solar panels are lifted into place.

Iran installing new nuclear equipment

Gillard defends installing Slipper