Is there any implication installing Delphi 7 and XE5 on a same machine?  Will it affect the 3rd party components, libraries, dll etc.?
0
Ebizit

On 15/12/2013 23:56, Ebizit IT wrote:
> Is there any implication installing Delphi 7 and XE5 on a same machine?  Will it affect the 3rd party components, libraries, dll etc.?

Ebizit,

The usual guideline is to install in release order, Delphi 7 first, then
XE5.  I would also advise installing in a dedicated, security open
directory such as:

   C:\Tools\Delphi-7
   C:\Tools\Delphi-XE5

However, since I cannot afford the grossly inflated price Embarcadero
want for XE5 upgrade from XE4, considering the quality of the product as
judged by the reports here, I cannot answer your question from my direct
experience.

You will likely need fresh 3rd-party components as XE5 is 16-bit
Unicode, and Delphi 7 is 8-bit characters.  I've successfully called the
same 32-bit DLLs from both Delphi 5 (8-bit and Delphi 2009 (16-bit
characters), but of course any older DLLs dealing with 8-bit characters
need to be called with the 8-bit AnsiChar or AnsiString types in the
newer Delphi.

Cheers,
--
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu

Debugging DLL compiled with Delphi 7 in Delphi XE5
Dear Sirs/Madams, We are considering changing from Delphi 7 to Delphi XE5. Our project consists of a dll and an .exe file. I have begun converting the .exe file to Delphi XE5 and have successfully accessed the DLL compiled with Delphi 7. When I debug the DLL (using the "run parameters" and changing "host application" to the .exe file) in Delphi 7 I can set breakpoints etc. and they are triggered. However, when I attempt to debug the project in XE5, I get the following message: Module Load: xxx.dll. No Debug Info. Base Address: $015A0000. Process xxx.exe (2928) ...

Win32 program: Delphi 7 vs Delphi XE5

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE2

Delphi 2007 to Delphi 7

Can't install Delphi 2010 on Windows 7 64 bit machine?
I tried it and it fails. It says to try to install dbpack_setup.exe and that fails too. When it fails, it says: >This installation package could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows >Installer package. Please check your settings and try again. I successfully installed this on another Vista machine. Prism with Silverlight died on that machine so we got a new Win 7 64 bit machine and I'm not trying to set things up on the new machine. I first installed the Prism stuff and got it all working on the new machine. I didn't ...

Delphi 7 installation [Edit]
I am moving to a new laptop and after installing Delphi 7 and registering I cannot view any forms in Delphi. For example: I can create a new MDI App and open the About.pas and I cannot view the form itself. Also, New form and numerous other options are not available in the New Items dialog when I click File->New->Other. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks All, Branden Johnson Edited by: Branden Johnson on Aug 31, 2009 9:18 AM Branden Johnson wrote: > I am moving to a new laptop and after installing Delphi 7 and > registering I cannot view any forms in...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

No Delphi installed
I hold a 2010 C++ Builder license [since bcb2004] which is called "Rad Studio"...but apparently I do not have Delphi 2010...can I download it and install it...if so is there a license number that is different from bcb 2010??? charles leggette wrote: >I hold a 2010 C++ Builder license [since bcb2004] Not sure what you mean by "bcb2004". I believe that the latest product in 2004 was CBX, but it is hard to believe that you started with that - it was the first release of the cross-platform IDE that was rebranded as CBuilder 2005 before being dropped by Borl...

Web resources about - Installing Delphi 7 and Delphi XE5 on same machine - embarcadero.delphi.install

Rooting and installing Android 1.5 JesusFreke - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
More information at: android.noisepages.com/2009/05/rooting-pics/

Installing ClearCal Anti-Glare Film for Glossy Displays - YouTube
Demonstration of how to install a RadTech ClearCal Anti-Glare Film on a MacBook Pro. ClearCal eliminates glare on glossy displays like Apple's ...

The builder of a south-west Sydney unit block where a young woman plunged to her death during a ferocious fire told a certifier to reduce ...

Nine Sydney councils are getting ready to turn off the lights – 13,000 of them – to save more than $20 million.

Iran installing new nuclear equipment

Gillard defends installing Slipper