Installed Delphi 2010 update 4, but About box shows update 1. Did I update? [Edit]

I ran the Delphi 2010 Update 4 from the start menu's Embarcadero RAD Studio 10 > Check for Updates.

It seemed to go fine.

Afterward, my copy of Delphi 2010 is still showing it has Update 1 in the About window. I tried rebooting, but it still shows Update 1.

I'm running Windows Vista, with a Standard User account.

How can I tell if the update really occurred?

When I go to Embarcadero RAD Studio 10 > Check for Updates now, it doesn't show Update 4 as an option any more.

Edited by: Chris Irwin on Dec 15, 2009 9:00 AM
0
Chris

> {quote:title=Chris Irwin wrote:}{quote}
> I ran the Delphi 2010 Update 4 from the start menu's Embarcadero RAD Studio 10 > Check for Updates.
>
> It seemed to go fine.
>
> Afterward, my copy of Delphi 2010 is still showing it has Update 1 in the About window. I tried rebooting, but it still shows Update 1.

It should show updates 4 and 5 if everything worked (at least mine does).

> I'm running Windows Vista, with a Standard User account.

There's your problem. You shouldn't run *any* setup or installer as a Standard User. They *always* require elevated privileges.

> How can I tell if the update really occurred?

It didn't, if you're still showing Update 1 only.

> When I go to Embarcadero RAD Studio 10 > Check for Updates now, it doesn't show Update 4 as an option any more.

Download it from the registered user page, and install it according to the instructions in the readme file that is included in the zip file.
0
Ken
12/15/2009 6:07:51 PM
> {quote:title=Ken White wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=Chris Irwin wrote:}{quote}
> > I ran the Delphi 2010 Update 4 from the start menu's Embarcadero RAD Studio 10 > Check for Updates.
> >
> > I'm running Windows Vista, with a Standard User account.
>
> There's your problem. You shouldn't run *any* setup or installer as a Standard User. They *always* require elevated privileges.

My understanding is different. If you're running as a Standard user and start a setup file, Windows automatically displays a password dialog to switch the user over to an Administrator account during the installation period. It's no big deal.

Microsoft strongly encourages everyone to run their day-to-day computer activities as a Standard user. So I always assume that my customers are doing that when they start to install my programs, and I have written my installation routines to accommodate it.

I know that my programs are going to be installed via an Admin account that is probably not the user's normal User Account. So during the setup routine, I create the necessary program folders (under c:\program files\whatever) and install the basic program files, but I don't do anything specific to the current User Account.

Then when the user starts my program for the first time, Windows has already automatically switched them back to their regular User Account, so that's the time when I create the ini files and settings that are tied to their normal User Account.

With Windows Vista and 7, I think that's the way a well-designed installation routine should operate.

> Download it from the registered user page, and install it according to the instructions in the readme file that is included in the zip file.

I'll try that to see if it fixes the problem. Thanks.
0
Chris
12/15/2009 7:45:49 PM
In case anybody's reading this thread, here's an update.

I followed the suggestions and upgraded my user account from Standard to Manager, then re-ran update 4 after downloading its setup file.

The result was the same as my first attempt...everything appeared to install/upgrade, but the About window in Delphi still shows Update 1, not Update 4.

However, I checked the list of bug fixes for Update 4, and tested three or four of them, and they all appear to be in place. So I do have Update 4 installed, but Delphi's About Window does not know it.

I hope that won't cause problems in the future with upgrades. For example, if Update 6 requires Update 4 to be in place.
0
Chris
12/17/2009 5:04:41 PM
On 2009-12-17 12:04 PM, Chris Irwin wrote:

> I hope that won't cause problems in the future with upgrades. For example, if Update 6 requires Update 4 to be in place.

When update "6" comes out, if there ever is one, there will be a new DVD
downloadable for registered users. I would just clean your machine
(uninstall, backup your registry settings like installed packages) and
then reinstall from the full install DVD for whatever update is next.

Warren

Delphi 2010 Help Update and Delphi Updates 4 & 5
I installed Delphi 2010 Update 4 a few weeks ago. Is there a help update that corresponds with Delphi 2010 Update 4? If not where can I find the latest help update. How do I update help? > {quote:title=Bill Miller wrote:}{quote} > I installed Delphi 2010 Update 4 a few weeks ago. Is there a help update > that corresponds with Delphi 2010 Update 4? If not where can I find the > latest help update. How do I update help? The last help update for Delphi/C++ Builder 2010 was Help Update 1, released around the first of November 2009. It's available on the Embarcad...

Error installing Delphi 2010 Update 4
Hello. I am trying to install Update 4 and Update 5 for delphi 2010. I installled Update 5 without any problems but Update 4 provides me the following error message during instalation process: "Error The Installer has insufficient privileges to modify this file: C:\PROGRA~3\{5D2A2~1\vcldotnetruntime\c_\builds\installer\Scripts\VCLDotNetRuntimes\GlobalAssemblyCache\Borland.Delphi.dll." I am performing the installation on Windows Server 2008 (64 bits) using Administrator user, and I have ensure that no one else has opened a session in that server and that there are not Del...

updates, updates, updates
Holy Crap, Batman! You'd think I was running Windows XP and it's patch Tuesday. So far this week - new kernel (2.6.27.10), 2 new browsers (Opera 9.63 and Firefox 3.05) and a new plugin (Flash 10.0.156.3). I'm about ready to try one od the BSD's! vince wrote: > Holy Crap, Batman! You'd think I was running Windows XP and it's patch > Tuesday. > > So far this week - new kernel (2.6.27.10), 2 new browsers (Opera 9.63 > and Firefox 3.05) and a new plugin (Flash 10.0.156.3). I'm about ready > to try one od the BSD's! I take ...

updates, updates, updates, NO MORE!
Name: Andreas Email: unbekanntatjokerdotms Product: Firefox Summary: updates, updates, updates, NO MORE! Comments: Hi ! if you want to develop a fine webbrowser, maybe you nee a new management. To release a new buggy version every two weeks is not very professional. Test your software before the release and let the user download a stable browser. this update-orgy since 2.0.0 used me to use Opera instead of FF. We haved use FF in our Company, but we can't deploy a new version every week to +200 Windows-clients, so in our company we've decided to return to IE, ...

Updates Updates Updates
I was a big fan of Firefox.. Now, I don't even like to use it. Seems like every time I start it up I have to update some addin OR the browser itself. And unfortunately the update nag messages are always presented when I start a browsing session. I find this annoying because, typically, when I open a web browser all I want to do is go to a web page. Not update the browser. I can agree that staying current with the latest version could give the best, fastest, safest web experience. But that point becomes mute when I start off every other browsing session with a new update. And mos...

Updates, updates and more updates
Name: pirhan Email: pirhan_chanathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Updates, updates and more updates Comments: Hello, Normally I use Safari, but my iBook is out of commission for a while. So, I am forced to use a PC to which I would much rather use Firefox than Internet Exploder. However, as much I enjoy not using a Microsoft product, and use a product that works decently, I am severely annoyed about the constant updates I am put through. In the last two days, I had to wait for Firefox to install updates before I could browse and now, I'm alerted that there'...

updates, updates, updates
Name: hans jensen Email: hansjensen44_athotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: updates, updates, updates Comments: why is it everytime i go online firefox has new updates, 3 -4 times every day, its never ending..........whats all the problems??? please email me and let me know, ty,.........Hans Jensen Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.2) Gecko/20070219 Firefox/2.0.0.2 ...

I have already Help update 1 but the Updater tries to install it. [Edit]
Hello! I have installed all updates for Delphi 2010 (Professional) and my "About" window shows these installed updates: Delphi and C++Builder Update 4 *Delphi and C++Builder Help Update 1* Delphi and C++ Builder Update 5 (Database Pack). http://savepic.org/161268.png But when I launch the updater (All Programs - Embarcadero Rad Studio 2010 - Check for Updates), I see this in the window of available updates: *Delphi and C++Builder Help Update 1* http://savepic.org/151028.png Can I fix it somehow, maybe somewhere in registry? And how does it come that the updater does no...

Cannot install Delphi Update 1
Hello, When trying to install Delphi Update 1 I am receiving a pop up asking "Please locate your original setup resources to continue operation". How do I solve this problem please? Kind Regards, Asaf Asaf Goldman wrote: > Hello, > > When trying to install Delphi Update 1 I am receiving a pop up asking "Please locate your original setup resources to continue operation". > How do I solve this problem please? > > Kind Regards, > Asaf > I'll find out more later, but my guess is your install cache cannot be found. It located at ...

Install PB 10 update without needing to install PB 9 update, then PB 8 update....
We have a bunch of updates to PB. Is there a way we can install PB 10 without needing to install all the previous versions of PB? If all you have is an update version, then you'll need to have some previous version of PB installed. On 4 Mar 2005 05:54:11 -0800, "Daniel Coppersmith" <daniel_N.0.S.P.A.M_at_InFrontSoftware_D0T_C0M> wrote: >We have a bunch of updates to PB. Is there a way we can install PB 10 >without needing to install all the previous versions of PB? > > Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www.teamsybase.com Vote for D...

App works in IOS simulator with Delphi XE4 and fails after Update 1 install [Edit]
Hi! When I install update 1 and installing new update 1 PAserver and run my application (very simple Firemonkey Mobile Application) I get: "Project xxx raised exception class SIGSEGV (11)". When I reinstall Delphi XE (without update 1) everything works fine again, I have tried to remove all code in FormCreate and OnActivate without luck. What can this be? I have also tried with the old PAserver but this doesnt work either. It Works when running to physical devices like Iphone4 and Ipad mini. But when I select to run from the simulator this errormessage comes back ag...

Hello, we have one Delphi 2005 Professional here and want to upgrade to Delphi 2010, but we are a bit confused. Our distributor in Germany, ingram-micro offers several upgrade products: UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - NAMED USER UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - NAMED USER ELS UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - NAMED USER FLEX RAD STUDIO 2010 PRO - UPG UPG RAD STUDIO 2010 PRO - NAMED ELC UPG RAD STUDIO 2010 PRO - NAMED FLEX UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - CONCURRENT ELS UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - CONCURRENT FLEX What do they mean exactly and which one do i need? At the moment delphi is installed on two PCs and we want to use ...

Delphi XE2 Update 4 and Help Update 3
Is Help Update 3 included with Delphi XE2 Update 4? > {quote:title=Almedin Maleskic wrote:}{quote} > Is Help Update 3 included with Delphi XE2 Update 4? Yes, at least in ISO download. Dalija Prasnikar The update 4 funn: Using the updater given on the menu: it downgraded Help 3 to Help 1 After using the update above: On all other installtions (while using various hardisk's with different OS: XP, Vista, Win 7) the update do not find any updates.... OK, then used the ISO!!!! Using the ISO: I get now Help 3 I love this... Cheers hp Hanspeter Widmer wrot...

Update Update
Name: John Oswell Email: serviceatwinntecdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Update Update - endless updates Comments: I think it's great you update the product but I'm starting to think this product is more prone to attack and instability by the number of updates i get inflicted with. Quite honestly on the Windows platform you're going to need to convince me that the Firefox browser is "better" than IE8 - my default browser (ff right now) I'm probably going to revert - endless intrusive updates for Firefox is getting very tiring. At least MS (I'm ...

Web resources about - Installed Delphi 2010 update 4, but About box shows update 1. Did I update? [Edit] - embarcadero.delphi.install

States of India by installed power capacity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
^ "ALL INDIA REGIONWISE GENERATING INSTALLED CAPACITY OF POWER" (PDF) . Central Electricity Authority, Ministry of Power, Government of India. ...

Facebook, Messenger Pre-Installed on New Nokia 215, Nokia 215 Dual SIM Low-Cost Handsets
Facebook and Facebook Messenger are among the preinstalled applications on the new Nokia 215 and Nokia 215 Dual SIM entry-level phones from Microsoft ...

Installed a new HDD - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Seagate 100GB, 7200RPM in the 3 year old PowerBook.

FIRST EVER IPAD MINI INSTALLED INTO DASH OF A CAR - YouTube
Soundwaves of Tampa is the first to install a iPad Mini into a dash of a car. Please check us out and build pics at http://Facebook.com/soundwavesoftampa ...

Queensland's first Bitcoin ATM installed in South Brisbane
What is believed to be Queensland&#8217;s first Bitcoin ATM is up and running at a South Brisbane cafe, allowing customers to withdraw and sell ...

Cameras installed on hull of ISS (00:59)

Where in the US is solar installed?

New cycling separations to be installed on ACT roads
New separation measures will be installed and trialled on ACT roads in the next 12 months, as the government attempts to make cycling safer by ...