Installation of DDevExtension on a non-admin user account do give start error in Delphi 2006 runned by Vista telling missing ...\roaming\ddevextension\ddevextension10.dll

If I DDevExtensions 1.61 in Delphi 2006 running Vista, I have no
problems using Delphi when logged in as admin.

But, if I try to start Delphi 2006 as a normal, non-admin user, start of
Delphi 2006 is halted when trying to run DDevExtension by a message

Cannot find
c:\user\achristo\Appdata\Roaming\DDevExtension\DDevextension10.dll

So it seems I have to manually add that folder and content to my roaming
profile

But, Andy, where is that file hidden when being installed by an admin.
Can't see any appdata folder for the admin account here where there is
hidden a ddevextensions10.dll file.

Any solutions ??
0
Alf

Alf Christophersen wrote:

> But, Andy, where is that file hidden when being installed by an
> admin.  Can't see any appdata folder for the admin account here where
> there is hidden a ddevextensions10.dll file.

I don't know where the file went on your system. The installer uses the
CSIDL_APPDATA directory which it gets by calling
SHGetSpecialFolderLocation(FormMain.Handle, CSIDL_APPDATA, pidl). And
that is under Windows Vista/7 the "C:\Users\YourLogin\AppData\Roaming"
directory.

--
Andreas Hausladen
0
Andreas Hausladen wrote:
> Alf Christophersen wrote:
>
>> But, Andy, where is that file hidden when being installed by an
>> admin.  Can't see any appdata folder for the admin account here where
>> there is hidden a ddevextensions10.dll file.
>
> I don't know where the file went on your system. The installer uses the
> CSIDL_APPDATA directory which it gets by calling
> SHGetSpecialFolderLocation(FormMain.Handle, CSIDL_APPDATA, pidl). And
> that is under Windows Vista/7 the "C:\Users\YourLogin\AppData\Roaming"
> directory.

I Would think it in case goes under the admin account's real profile,
since it needs to be installed as admin, not as my daily account. Policy
regime by my employer (university) dictates that. :-)
0
Alf
1/21/2010 11:27:54 PM
Alf Christophersen wrote:
> I Would think it in case goes under the admin account's real profile,
> since it needs to be installed as admin, not as my daily account. Policy
> regime by my employer (university) dictates that. :-)

That indeed was the case. I had to copy the folder from my admin
accounts roaming profile (I don't uderstad why I didnt see the folder
first time)
0
Alf

Installers and install as admin, run as different user. Win7 ( Vista? )
Hi all, Not sure where to post this. To register an Delphi IDE add-in expert I have to add an entry to HKCU/Software/Codegear/blablabla/Experts/"name"="full-path-to\add-in.dll" If there's no key added there, the add-in won't be loaded by the Delphi IDE. So, my installer adds this entry to HKCU and the same entry to HKLM (which is required by BDS ?) Additionally the installer adds a few other entries to HKCU/Software/ModelMakerTools/blablabla Problem: I have had several reports from Win7 users about the installer failing to do his thing. I think ...

Does Delphi 2006 install and run on Windows 7?
I use Delphi 2006, and am thinking of getting a new HP notebook. (I bought Dephi 2009, but don't use it, since my apps don't compile/run as the strings are all screwed up, with the move to 2 byte UTF16 strings) Does Delphi 2006 install and run OK on Windows 7? It looks likey they are pre-installng 64 bit Windows 7 on most of their PC's. I'm assuming that 64-bit Windows 7 won't work with Delphi 2006, and I'll need to install 32 bit Windows 7 - is that correct? It will probably work for the mere fact that 32 bit applications work on 64 bit OS's. However, it ...

Turbo Delphi 2006 Explorer
Hi I can't find installer for Turbo Delphi 2006 Explorer Edition. I've downloaded and registered it (I've active key). But after my computer crash i can't find installer for TD to reinstall it. There's no installer under "My Registered User Downloads" (only hotfixes etc). Under "my codecentral"->"my downloads"->"ID: 24722 Turbo Delphi 2006 Explorer" it says: "This download is only available to users who previously registered Turbo Delphi and need to reinstall", but then: "Sorry, you don't have access to th...

Command MAKE gives error , seems delphi is not installed properly
I have been running Delphi XE 4 trial version. Recently I tried to install JCL & JVCL but it is giving errors with installation like At JCL installation it is giving error that ...bin/JediInstaller.exe not found At JVCL it is giving error like No Delphi/BCB/BDS version installed... I did some research online and came to know that it is due to delphi is not installed properly , when I ran MAKE command at command prompt it give Fatal Error as follows 2010 Embarcadero Technologies Inc. FATAL: Unable To Open Make FIle.. Please suggest me what should be done in order to rectifyy thi...

Can I safely install Turbo Delphi 2006 .NET on top of Delphi 2005 (Win 32)
I have a Delphi 2005 Win32 installation. When I originally installed it I had no need for the .NET Framework. Now I would like to learn the .NET framework. Going back to the Delphi 2005 install disk and trying to install the . NET Framework has not been succesful. Can I install the Turbo Delphi 2006 .NET Framework and have it co-exist nicely with my existing Delphi 2005 Win32 system? Thank you. ...

Client install errors with ZEN 6.5 and non-admin users
Hi, We're running WinXP SP2, Novell Client 4.90 SP2, with ZEN 6.5 trying to install GW7 SP1, users are members of local windows Users group only. When pushing out the isscript and groupwise .MSIs with Transform file, per documentation and other posts, an error comes up saying that it can't write mlset32.exe, part of the Windows Messaging install. When I check the Task Manager it shows wms.exe running as the user, not SYSTEM, even thought the MSI itself has elevated priveleges and it launched wms. This doesn't change whether the MSI/ZEN push is user, un-secure system, or sec...

installing delphi 2006
hi, i have Delphi 2006 at the office, I'd also like to use it when i'm not there (no one else will be using it at the office if i'm not there) can i install and register it on my laptop too without disabling either? Hi Nick, > i have Delphi 2006 at the office, I'd also like to use it when i'm not there (no one else will be using it at the office if i'm not there) > > can i install and register it on my laptop too without disabling either? Yes, you can. Groetjes, Bob Swart -- Bob Swart Training & Consultancy (eBob42.com) ...

Installation requires Admin account to install
Name: Diana Murphy Email: dianaatmurphynationdotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Installation requires Admin account to install Comments: Running Vista 64 as a standard user. When I tried to install the program, I was prompted for the admin password, which I supplied, but then was told that I did not have permission to access that directory. I was successful in installing the program after logging in as the admin. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9b5) Gecko/2008032620 Firefox/3.0b5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Installing Update 3 on Delphi 2009 giving "insufficient privileges" error
I just applying Update 3 on Delphi2009 but received this error by the installer "insufficient privileges" on updating quite a few of files. The IDE will then throw hundred of exceptions during load-up! > {quote:title=b t wrote:}{quote} > I just applying Update 3 on Delphi2009 but received this error by the installer "insufficient privileges" on updating quite a few of files. > The IDE will then throw hundred of exceptions during load-up! At least make an effort to provide enough information for people to help you. Are you running on Vista? If so, you c...

Project gives compile error when in first attempt of installing it but installs successfully after removing it and re-installing
Hi Guys,I have a weird problem. Its not a show stopper but a mere inconvenience. I have a ASP.net application. And I am using setup project to install it on server. Every time I make changes in the application and need to install the release on the server, I have to uninstall the application using Add/Remove Programs utility. And Re-install it with created the setup .msi file. On running the application, it  always gives me a compilation error. Then I have to remove the application using Add/Remove Programs utility one mre time and re-run .msi file to get rid of...

internal installer error during User Application install
Hello, I am trying to install UserApplication on a Linux Server. The installation of mySql and Jboss (from the JbossMysql.bin file) is ok. Then I launch the Identity Manager User Application install command (java jar IdmUserApp.jar). I follow the steps, but when at the « Installing » step, I get the following information : « The installation of Identity Manager User Application is finished, but some mirror errors occured during the install. Please see the installation log in /opt/idm Then, the single possibility is to click on the � Done � button and it ends...

ACU Installation Error ...installation is already running...
When attempting to upgrade the Novell Client on Windows Vista systems, the installation stops with the attached error message: "Installation Error: The Novell Client Installation is already running on this Windows machine. Please complete and close the existing Novell Client Installation program before attempting to run SETUP.EXE again.." Prior to the install, the system was restarted, no instances of setup.exe. Monitoring task manager shows that ACU will attempt to start two instances of setup.exe. We have multiple systems which yield the same error so it is not a &...

Web resources about - Installation of DDevExtension on a non-admin user account do give start error in Delphi 2006 runned by Vista telling missing ...\roaming\ddevextension\ddevextension10.dll - embarcadero.delphi.install