Install Update 2 for delphi 2006 on windows 7

Hallo

I changed the computer and I have  reinstalled  the delphi 2006 development studio.
Now I woud like apply the last update, Update 2 but I have  a problem.
The bds2006_en_pro_upd2.exe report the followed error:

Sutup Cannot continue. This is Update 2 setup for Borland Development studio 2006 professional edition.
Please cancel this and install Edition of Upadte 2.

I used this patch on windows xp on the same version of delphi and works fine.

I think that the problem is compatibility of windows 7 x64,is  there  someone that know the solution for apply the update on W7?

Thanks

Paolo
0
Paolo

W dniu 2012-02-29 12:14, Paolo Zambarbieri pisze:
> Hallo
>
> I changed the computer and I have  reinstalled  the delphi 2006 development studio.
> Now I woud like apply the last update, Update 2 but I have  a problem.
> The bds2006_en_pro_upd2.exe report the followed error:
>
> Sutup Cannot continue. This is Update 2 setup for Borland Development studio 2006 professional edition.
> Please cancel this and install Edition of Upadte 2.
>
> I used this patch on windows xp on the same version of delphi and works fine.
>
> I think that the problem is compatibility of windows 7 x64,is  there  someone that know the solution for apply the update on W7?

http://www.drbob42.com/examines/examin84.htm

miab
1
Michal
2/29/2012 12:07:03 PM
Hallo

Hallo, thank for the answer, I have tried this solution but didn't work.

probably vindows 7 in this case is different to windows vista.
0
Paolo
3/1/2012 10:06:52 AM
> {quote:title=Paolo Zambarbieri wrote:}{quote}
> Hallo
>
> Hallo, thank for the answer, I have tried this solution but didn't work.
>
> probably vindows 7 in this case is different to windows vista.

No, it's exactly the same. The problem is that you're not running the installer as admin, which is discussed in Dr. Bob's page in the "Update #2" section near the bottom of the page.  If you read it carefully, it describes *exactly* the issue you're having, and provides the *exact* solution to the problem. (Note in particular the comment "Note that a "Run as Administrator" command prompt is needed. ", meaning: Use the Start Button, and type "Command" in the search box. When the "Command Prompt" item displ
ays, right-click  it and choose "Run As Administrator" from the popup menu. Run the "msiexec" from Dr. Bob's article from within that command window, after changing to the folder where the "bds2006_en_pro_upd2.msp" file is located.)
0
Ken

Does Delphi 2006 install and run on Windows 7?
I use Delphi 2006, and am thinking of getting a new HP notebook. (I bought Dephi 2009, but don't use it, since my apps don't compile/run as the strings are all screwed up, with the move to 2 byte UTF16 strings) Does Delphi 2006 install and run OK on Windows 7? It looks likey they are pre-installng 64 bit Windows 7 on most of their PC's. I'm assuming that 64-bit Windows 7 won't work with Delphi 2006, and I'll need to install 32 bit Windows 7 - is that correct? It will probably work for the mere fact that 32 bit applications work on 64 bit OS's. However, it ...

DelphiSPeedup for Delphi 2006 wn't install on Windows 7 .-(
Moving Delphi development from my old XP laptop to my new Windows 7 based laptop, I got problem setting up Andreas Hausladen's DelphiSpeedup for Delphi 2006. Registration of it gives error Cannot register DelphiSpeedupLoader.bpl (The file mentioned in folder is named DelphiSpeedupLoader10.bpl so no wonder the registration fails.) Is there an error in installer trying to register wrong file? The file trying to be installed was just downloaded from Hausladen's homepage. On 18.01.2013 12:30, Alf Christophersen wrote: > Moving Delphi development from my old X...

Install Delphi 2010 Ent in Windows XP or Windows 7
What operating system would you recommend installing and using Delphi 2010 Enterprise in? Windows XP or Windows 7 32 bit or 64 bit. And why? Thanks Greg Saunders wrote: > What operating system would you recommend installing and using Delphi > 2010 Enterprise in? > > Windows XP or Windows 7 Windows 7. > > 32 bit or 64 bit. 32 bit. > > And why? Windows 7 is a lot supperior and more stable than windows XP, also it recognizes more than 3 GB of RAM. Delphi 2010 supports Windows 7 Libraries, you can take advantage of this in yo...

Dual Booting Open SUSE 11.2 and Windows 7, Windows 7 not loading (Windows 7 installed first)
Hi everybody i know there may be many threads on this topic but I have researched and still cant seem to get Windows 7 working when the GRUB menu appears but Open SUSE 11.2 works fine.. This is the first time installing Open SUSE 11.2. I created two partitions (swap and Suse 11.2) in Windows 7 before installing Open SUSE 11.2. Open SUSE 11.2 automatically created an extra two partitions (one was swap and the other i guess is where SUSE was installed?), i should have gone into expert mode and left my original partitions but i decided to let SUSE do it and i deleted the partitions i...

Installation of Delphi 7 onto Windows 7 64 bit platform.
Hello, I am attempting to install Delphi 7 onto Windows 7, 64 bits, and keep getting the message: " Unable to rename C:\Program Files (x86)\Borland\Delphi7\Bin\delphi32.$$$ to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Borland\Delphi7\Bin\delphi32.dro' ". How do I get around this error, or is it even possible? Thank you very much in advance. John Shyer John Shyer wrote: >Hello, > >I am attempting to install Delphi 7 onto Windows 7, 64 bits, and keep >getting the message: " Unable to rename C:\Program Files >(x86)\Borland\Delphi7\Bin\delphi32.$$$ to '...

Windows Update stops responding if you click Install to download and install updates for Windows XP or Windows 2000
followup to grc.techtalk Windows Update stops responding if you click Install to download and install updates for Windows XP or Windows 2000 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896227 ----------------------------------------------------------- Quote ----------------------------------------------------------- Article ID : 896227 Last Review : March 29, 2005 Revision : 1.0 SYMPTOMS If you scan for updates for your Microsoft Windows XP-based or Microsoft Windows 2000-based computer at the Microsoft Windows Update Web site, Windows Update may displa...

Delphi 2009 broken after installing Update 2
I let the automatic Update 2 for Delphi 2009 run and after it compleated I can no longer compile any Win32 application When I try I get the error Class not registered, ClassID: {410C0C78-0AFB-4FEC-9530-B41D86B0792d}, with details giving me [5005EB1C]{rtl120.bpl } ComObj.OleError (Line 1270, "ComObj.pas" + 1) + $11 [5005EB2B]{rtl120.bpl } ComObj.OleCheck (Line 1277, "ComObj.pas" + 0) + $7 [5005EE4C]{rtl120.bpl } ComObj.CreateComObject (Line 1365, "ComObj.pas" + 2) + $1A [21D44C16]{dotnetcoreide120.bpl} Borland_Studio_Interop_TLB.CoMSBuildProjectInte...

Still stuck with Delphi 2010 installation on Windows 7...
For about one month now, I try to install Delphi 2010 without success on Windows 7. - I'm on a final Windows 7 Build (US version). - Delphi 2010 with a network slip file (All_access server) - I launched setup as administrator. At the end of the setup, I got an error telling me that db_pack didn't install correctly and to launch it separaterly. When I launch dbpack_setup separately, there is no error. - I tried on a new user, (domain user, local user, ...) same problem. - I tried to launch Delphi setup and dbpack_setup with a log file ( /l=c:\mylo.log ) but the logs conta...

How Can I install Delphi 3 on 64bit Windows 7
Is there an installer available for Delphi 3 for 64 bit windows 7? I have a legacy application that I need to be able to support. When I attempted to run the install from the CD, I get a message that the setup.exe is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Contact the publisher for the correct version. I can run it in a virtual PC, but I am trying to avoid this, as it is extremely slow. Upgrading to a newer version of delphi is out of the question- I need the actual version that is running at my customers sites to debug issues. You can try to install it on window...

Installing Delphi 2006 Pro under Windows 8...is this possible?
I would like to get a new Win 8 laptop, and install Delphi 2006 on it, so that I can compile, debug, and run 32-bit apps. However, I've heard that the installation will not work, and that Win 8 won't run it, and will issue a message saying that it's not compatible. I am wondering if there is any way of installing Delphi 2006 on a Windows 8 machine. If there is a way, let me know. Thanks. On 17/06/2013 19:00, Jeff Yankauer wrote: > I would like to get a new Win 8 laptop, and install Delphi 2006 on it, so that I can compile, debug, and run 32-bit apps. However, I've h...

Cannot install Update 2 for BDS 2006 on Win 7
I get the following error: "Setup cannot continue. This is Update 2 setup for Borland Developer Studio 2006 Professional Edition. Please cancel this and install Edition of Update 2." Is it because I only installed the C++ Profile? Or is it because it is so old, it can't find the right registry locations in Windows 7? (By the way, I finally got through to the register server by repeated trying) Install in command prompt as an administrator. Bigger problem, next post. General advice: do not install old software into Win managed folders (like Program Files)...

Installing JCL with Delphi 6 on Windows 7
Hi, I'm trying to install JCL with Delphi 6 on Windows 7, but it fails with the message "unable to execute bin\JediInstaller.exe here's a screen shot so you can see what went before the error: [IMG]http://i56.tinypic.com/ncnkud.jpg[/IMG] So, I double clicked on the exe directly which fired up ok, but I guess there'll be something missing that is done by the MAKE lines, I get an error shown. I tried setting the exe to give users full permissions (my account is an admin account on the box anyway), but I got the same error message displayed. Am I missing something...

Web resources about - Install Update 2 for delphi 2006 on windows 7 - embarcadero.delphi.install

Facebook Asks Users To Install Messenger For Windows
Just days after officially rolling out Messenger for Windows , Facebook has begun prompting people to install the application. Some Facebook ...

New ways to reach the right people with mobile app install ads
Since we launched mobile app install ads six months ago, we have added several new features to improve the product for users and developers. ...

Facebook Director of Product Management Doug Purdy discusses Parse, Mobile App Install Ads
... discussed about mobile app discovery difficulties faced by developers. He discussed how developers can use the platform to drive app installations ...

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Drives Installs of Star Wars Apps
... Wars: The Force Awakens in theaters on downloads of Star Wars-themed apps on iOS and Android. AppsFlyer analyzed over one million app installs ...

Vermont utility says it will be the first to install Tesla powerwalls in the US
... Power) Customers of Green Mountain Power (GMP) in Vermont will be the first in the US to have Tesla Powerwall stationary batteries installed ...

How to install iOS 9.3 and get Night Shift on your iPhone without a developer account
... as earth-shattering either, but there's little question that they have users excited. And as has been the case in the past, you can install ...

11 3D Touch apps to install today
Appleā€™s 3D Touch is an important step forward in mobile user interfaces. If you use an iPhone 6S you see it in action when you press a name in ...

Install these battery-killing, storage-hogging apps at your own risk
[/caption] The latest quarterly report from antivirus company AVG has outed the battery-killingest, storage-hoggingest apps currently available. ...