Install Delphi 2010 Ent in Windows XP or Windows 7

What operating system would you recommend installing and using Delphi 2010 Enterprise in?

Windows XP or Windows 7

32 bit or 64 bit.

And why?

Greg

Greg Saunders wrote:

> What operating system would you recommend installing and using Delphi
> 2010 Enterprise in?
>
> Windows XP or Windows 7

Windows 7.

> 32 bit or 64 bit.

32 bit.

> And why?

Windows 7 is a lot supperior and more stable than windows XP, also it
recognizes more than 3 GB of RAM.

Delphi 2010 supports Windows 7 Libraries, you can take advantage of
this in your software.

Delphi 2010 is a 32 bit application, it runs fine with better shell
integration and no pitfalls while debugging.

Cesar Romero
1
Cesar
1/14/2010 6:04:39 PM
> {quote:title=Cesar Romero wrote:}{quote}
> Greg Saunders wrote:
>
> > What operating system would you recommend installing and using Delphi
> > 2010 Enterprise in?
> >
> > Windows XP or Windows 7
>
> Windows 7.
>

> > 32 bit or 64 bit.
>

> 32 bit.
>

> > And why?
>

> Windows 7 is a lot supperior and more stable than windows XP, also it
> recognizes more than 3 GB of RAM.
>
> Delphi 2010 supports Windows 7 Libraries, you can take advantage of
> this in your software.
>
> Delphi 2010 is a 32 bit application, it runs fine with better shell
> integration and no pitfalls while debugging.
>

> Cesar Romero

Thanks for the reply... I probably should have mentioned this would be running inside a VMWare session.  We have found this allows us to keep a clean development environment (not muck it up with other things we might want to play with and keep us from screwing up our dev environment.

My vmware host environment currently is Windows XP 64 bit (8GB RAM), and the client OS is currently Windows XP with my existing Delphi D2009.

So what may be good is running Windows 7 client in vmware and give it a couple of gigs of ram for the D2010 environment.  I do plan to change the host to Windows 7 64bit in the future with a Windows 7 32 bit client.
0
Greg

Windows 7 x64bit Delphi 2010 issues when Visual Studio 2010 RC is installed
Hi, Anybody else experience issues with Delphi 2010 when Visual Studio 2010 RC is installed on Windows 7 x64 (Ultimate)? After installing Visual Studio 2010 RC I get all kind of weird package errors (f. ex. Together package) when starting Delphi 2010. After uninstalling Visual Studio 2010 RC the issues seems gone. I'm puzzled... It seems like .net 4 could have a bad influence on the .net 2 depending applications.... -Kurt I've not experienced any issues. -- http://www.climsystems.com/ http://www.virtorio.com/ ...

Still stuck with Delphi 2010 installation on Windows 7...
For about one month now, I try to install Delphi 2010 without success on Windows 7. - I'm on a final Windows 7 Build (US version). - Delphi 2010 with a network slip file (All_access server) - I launched setup as administrator. At the end of the setup, I got an error telling me that db_pack didn't install correctly and to launch it separaterly. When I launch dbpack_setup separately, there is no error. - I tried on a new user, (domain user, local user, ...) same problem. - I tried to launch Delphi setup and dbpack_setup with a log file ( /l=c:\mylo.log ) but the logs conta...

Problem installing help with Delphi/CBuilder 2010 on Windows 7
I am having an issue with the help system with Delphi and CBuilder 2010. I'm running Windows 7 64bit and each time I hit the help icon in the IDE I get the following error message: "The Microsoft Document Explorer is not installed and the help system will not function. Please re-install our documentation." I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times but still have this error message. I'm not sure what else there is for me to do. Does anyone have any clue as to how to resolve this problem? Thanks Tribble Carter wrote: > I am having an issue with the h...

Windows Update stops responding if you click Install to download and install updates for Windows XP or Windows 2000
followup to grc.techtalk Windows Update stops responding if you click Install to download and install updates for Windows XP or Windows 2000 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896227 ----------------------------------------------------------- Quote ----------------------------------------------------------- Article ID : 896227 Last Review : March 29, 2005 Revision : 1.0 SYMPTOMS If you scan for updates for your Microsoft Windows XP-based or Microsoft Windows 2000-based computer at the Microsoft Windows Update Web site, Windows Update may displa...

Can't install Delphi 2010 on Windows 7 64 bit machine?
I tried it and it fails. It says to try to install dbpack_setup.exe and that fails too. When it fails, it says: >This installation package could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows >Installer package. Please check your settings and try again. I successfully installed this on another Vista machine. Prism with Silverlight died on that machine so we got a new Win 7 64 bit machine and I'm not trying to set things up on the new machine. I first installed the Prism stuff and got it all working on the new machine. I didn't ...

Install Windows XP on Your Pre-Installed Windows Vista Computer
"The question I am asked most often is "How do I install a dual-boot with Windows XP on my new Windows Vista computer?" The answer is that it's not that difficult, it's just very time consuming, and you need to own a copy of Windows XP. The first issue we encounter is that computers with pre-installed operating systems take up the entire drive. Luckily Microsoft included the Shrink volume feature in Vista, so we can easily shrink the Vista partition down to make room for XP."... <http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/install-windows-xp-on-your-...

Installation of Delphi 7 onto Windows 7 64 bit platform.
Hello, I am attempting to install Delphi 7 onto Windows 7, 64 bits, and keep getting the message: " Unable to rename C:\Program Files (x86)\Borland\Delphi7\Bin\delphi32.$$$ to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Borland\Delphi7\Bin\delphi32.dro' ". How do I get around this error, or is it even possible? Thank you very much in advance. John Shyer John Shyer wrote: >Hello, > >I am attempting to install Delphi 7 onto Windows 7, 64 bits, and keep >getting the message: " Unable to rename C:\Program Files >(x86)\Borland\Delphi7\Bin\delphi32.$$$ to '...

Dual Booting Open SUSE 11.2 and Windows 7, Windows 7 not loading (Windows 7 installed first)
Hi everybody i know there may be many threads on this topic but I have researched and still cant seem to get Windows 7 working when the GRUB menu appears but Open SUSE 11.2 works fine.. This is the first time installing Open SUSE 11.2. I created two partitions (swap and Suse 11.2) in Windows 7 before installing Open SUSE 11.2. Open SUSE 11.2 automatically created an extra two partitions (one was swap and the other i guess is where SUSE was installed?), i should have gone into expert mode and left my original partitions but i decided to let SUSE do it and i deleted the partitions i...

Does Delphi 2006 install and run on Windows 7?
I use Delphi 2006, and am thinking of getting a new HP notebook. (I bought Dephi 2009, but don't use it, since my apps don't compile/run as the strings are all screwed up, with the move to 2 byte UTF16 strings) Does Delphi 2006 install and run OK on Windows 7? It looks likey they are pre-installng 64 bit Windows 7 on most of their PC's. I'm assuming that 64-bit Windows 7 won't work with Delphi 2006, and I'll need to install 32 bit Windows 7 - is that correct? It will probably work for the mere fact that 32 bit applications work on 64 bit OS's. However, it ...

How Can I install Delphi 3 on 64bit Windows 7
Is there an installer available for Delphi 3 for 64 bit windows 7? I have a legacy application that I need to be able to support. When I attempted to run the install from the CD, I get a message that the setup.exe is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Contact the publisher for the correct version. I can run it in a virtual PC, but I am trying to avoid this, as it is extremely slow. Upgrading to a newer version of delphi is out of the question- I need the actual version that is running at my customers sites to debug issues. You can try to install it on window...

Install Update 2 for delphi 2006 on windows 7
Hallo I changed the computer and I have reinstalled the delphi 2006 development studio. Now I woud like apply the last update, Update 2 but I have a problem. The bds2006_en_pro_upd2.exe report the followed error: Sutup Cannot continue. This is Update 2 setup for Borland Development studio 2006 professional edition. Please cancel this and install Edition of Upadte 2. I used this patch on windows xp on the same version of delphi and works fine. I think that the problem is compatibility of windows 7 x64,is there someone that know the solution for apply the update on W7? Th...

Installing JCL with Delphi 6 on Windows 7
Hi, I'm trying to install JCL with Delphi 6 on Windows 7, but it fails with the message "unable to execute bin\JediInstaller.exe here's a screen shot so you can see what went before the error: [IMG]http://i56.tinypic.com/ncnkud.jpg[/IMG] So, I double clicked on the exe directly which fired up ok, but I guess there'll be something missing that is done by the MAKE lines, I get an error shown. I tried setting the exe to give users full permissions (my account is an admin account on the box anyway), but I got the same error message displayed. Am I missing something...

How to install Delphi 4 on Windows 7 (32-bit) OS?
How to install Delphi 4 on Windows 7 (32-bit) OS? -- Thanks, Nilesh (Delphi Developer) > How to install Delphi 4 on Windows 7 (32-bit) OS? > > -- > Thanks, > Nilesh (Delphi Developer) Exactly the same as any other OS! I recommend installing to: C:\Tools\Delphi4 where C:\Tools\ has been created with a security setting of Everyone, Full control. This assumes you are the only user of that PC. This works on my Windows-7/64 system. Be aware that multiple Delphis should be installed in increasing version number, so Delphi 5 after Delphi 4 and so on. ...

Can I install Delphi XE3 on Windows XP Pro OS ?
Acording to the Delphi XE3 Data Sheet minimum required OS is Windows Vista. Thanks in advance On 07/02/2013 10:53, lior ilan wrote: > Acording to the Delphi XE3 Data Sheet minimum required OS is Windows Vista. > Thanks in advance It has installed on XP SP3 here (to: C:\Delphi-XE3\) but I haven't yet tried to use it. -- Cheers, David Web: http://www.satsignal.eu lior ilan wrote: > Acording to the Delphi XE3 Data Sheet minimum required OS is Windows Vista. > Thanks in advance I do all my IBX development work in an XP SP3 VM machine. I have yet to have i...

Web resources about - Install Delphi 2010 Ent in Windows XP or Windows 7 - embarcadero.delphi.install

Can Facebook Advertisers Test Mobile App Install Ads On Their Devices?
Some Facebook advertisers are now able to preview their mobile application install ads directly on their mobile devices, complete with active ...

New Features to Mobile App Install Ads
Today we are happy to announce some updates to mobile app install ads to improve the experience people and developers have when viewing and creating ...

Facebook tries new designs for mobile page-Like and app install ads
Facebook began testing new designs for its mobile app install ads and page post ads this weekend. Following an update for Facebook for iOS, ...

WA Premier Colin Barnett urges City of Joondalup to install shark net at Sorrento Beach - PerthNow Search ...
PREMIER Colin Barnett has urged the City of Joondalup to “get on with it” and install a shark net at Sorrento Beach.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Drives Installs of Star Wars Apps
... Wars: The Force Awakens in theaters on downloads of Star Wars-themed apps on iOS and Android. AppsFlyer analyzed over one million app installs ...

Vermont utility says it will be the first to install Tesla powerwalls in the US
... Power) Customers of Green Mountain Power (GMP) in Vermont will be the first in the US to have Tesla Powerwall stationary batteries installed ...

FSS ePub Reader silently installs adware?
... of a range of popular Windows freeware, including FSS Video Downloader, FSS Google Books Downloader, FSS ePub Reader and more. You’ve installed ...

11 3D Touch apps to install today
Apple’s 3D Touch is an important step forward in mobile user interfaces. If you use an iPhone 6S you see it in action when you press a name in ...