Install Delphi 2010 after XE2

I know this might be a trivial question:
- I had XE2 installed in my home pc

As my working is using D2010 and I need to install in my home pc as well.
Do you think there will be any problem?

My home pc: Win 7 (64 bit)
0
Man

Man wrote:

> - I had XE2 installed in my home pc
> As my working is using D2010 and I need to install in my
> home pc as well. Do you think there will be any problem?

Although multiple versions can co-exist on the same machine, it is generally
best not to install older versions after newer versions.  Either 1) uninstall
XE2, install 2010, then reinstall XE2, or 2) install 2010 into a virtual
machine.  If you don't want to reinstall Windows in a VM, you can always
clone your existing HDD as-is as a VM, then run that VM and install 2010
into it.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
Remy Lebeau (TeamB) wrote:
> Although multiple versions can co-exist on the same machine, it is generally
> best not to install older versions after newer versions.  Either 1) uninstall
> XE2, install 2010, then reinstall XE2, or 2) install 2010 into a virtual
> machine.  If you don't want to reinstall Windows in a VM, you can always
> clone your existing HDD as-is as a VM, then run that VM and install 2010
> into it.

Although Remy's advise isn't bad, there really should be no problem
installed 2010 and XE2. The file names are all different and you install
to a different location.
0
quinn
6/26/2012 8:56:20 PM
quinn wrote:

> Although Remy's advise isn't bad, there really should be no problem
> installed 2010 and XE2. The file names are all different and you
> install to a different location.

Yes, however, the install folder will likely be put on the system path ahead
of XE2's, and some of the DLL registrations might override XE2's.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
Remy Lebeau (TeamB) wrote:
> quinn wrote:
>
>> Although Remy's advise isn't bad, there really should be no problem
>> installed 2010 and XE2. The file names are all different and you
>> install to a different location.
>
> Yes, however, the install folder will likely be put on the system path ahead
> of XE2's, and some of the DLL registrations might override XE2's.
>
> --
> Remy Lebeau (TeamB)

Particularly the dbx dll's whose names do not change between versions (shouldn't
affect design time, but will while debugging unless your debugging working
directory is the XE2\bin directory it will pick up the D2010 dbx driver).  In
addition all the file associations will now be with D2010 (is right now on my
desktop and I hate that, need to manually go in and fix that up some day).

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
              (Fish)
> Particularly the dbx dll's whose names do not change between versions
> (shouldn't
> affect design time, but will while debugging unless your debugging working
> directory is the XE2\bin directory it will pick up the D2010 dbx driver).

How do I set the debugging working directory to XE2\bin for XE2?

> In addition all the file associations will now be with D2010 (is right now
> on my
> desktop and I hate that, need to manually go in and fix that up some day).

Will it cause any problem?
I will open the corresponding projects within Delphi
D2010 project opened from D2010
XE2 project opened from XE2
0
Man
6/28/2012 11:55:39 PM
Man Fan wrote:
>> Particularly the dbx dll's whose names do not change between versions
>> (shouldn't
>> affect design time, but will while debugging unless your debugging working
>> directory is the XE2\bin directory it will pick up the D2010 dbx driver).
>
> How do I set the debugging working directory to XE2\bin for XE2?

Bring up your environment variables for the system and change the path to have
the XE2 directories first and the D2010 directories second.  The working
directory of a debugged app will be the app's directory.  D2010 should use the
DBX drivers fine (make sure to put the win32 drivers first and the 64 bit
drivers second otherwise apps will try to load the first it encounters and you
do not want this to be the 64 bit version).

>> In addition all the file associations will now be with D2010 (is right now
>> on my
>> desktop and I hate that, need to manually go in and fix that up some day).
>
> Will it cause any problem?
> I will open the corresponding projects within Delphi
> D2010 project opened from D2010
> XE2 project opened from XE2

No just an irritant to click a pas file or dpr file in explorer and have it open
D2010 instead of D XE2 like I normally would want to.  (once again I can go in
and change that by hand, just haven't yet).

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
              (Fish)

Installing C++ 2010 after Delphi 2010
Hi Has anybody found the information about what happens when you install Delphi 2010 (on an XP SP3 machine) then a few weeks later install C++ Builder 2010, rather than install Rad Studio. Do you get two separate programs and use a lot of disk space or will they integrate together to be the equivalent to Rad Studio without Delphi Prism (which I do not need). Any information would be helpful. Richard > {quote:title=Richard Carey wrote:}{quote} > Hi > > Has anybody found the information about what happens when you install > Delphi 2010 (on an XP SP3 mac...

Install DCC for Delphi 4, 5 and 6 after D2006, XE and XE2 installed
I know that the standard advice is to install Delphi versions in chronological order. I have installed D2006, XE and XE2 in chronological order and they work fine. Now I would like to install just the command line compilers for Delphi 4, 5 and 6. 1. Can you install just DCC and the libraries that go with it or must the entire product (including IDE) be installed? 2. Is there are way to do this that won't mess up the more recent products? I really hope to avoid removing and reinstalling the three already installed products. Thanks! I wound up taking a deep breath and spending about...

Delphi 2010 help not installed?
I've recently installed Delphi 2010, but I cant go to Help. It says the RAD Studio help namespace is not defined... How do I install Help into Delphi 2010 ? thanks Chisolm Wilson wrote: > I've recently installed Delphi 2010, but I cant go to Help. It says > the RAD Studio help namespace is not defined... > > How do I install Help into Delphi 2010 ? if you download the ISO, and have the DVD just run the installer and you will see the second option to install Help. if you install online, go to http://cc.embarcadero.com/myreg and download the help se...

How To install tpmath in delphi 2010
Hello there,,, Does anyone know, how to install delphi lib TpMath in 2010 ...? I was confused when reading the guide in Tpmath.pdf .... That's it and thanks in advance, ... ...

Install Delphi 2010 problems !!!!!!
Hi, I did buy one license about Delphi 2010, when I finish to install this product and run Delphi, the program dont start and Open WEB window with the "How To Buy" product. I'm very worry about because I dont know how resolve this problem. Please some people can help me??????? ---------------------------------------------- Buenas, he adquirido una licencia de Delphi Prism y de regalo me dieron una licencia de Delphi 2010 y apartando LO COMPLICADO que ha sido registrar ambos productos, resulta que he podido instalar el Delphi 2010 con el serial que me hicieron llegar E...

How do I install updates to Delphi XE2
I have delphi XE2 with update 1 already installed, I want to install the most recent update but without reinstalling everything, is it possible? Francesco wrote: > I have delphi XE2 with update 1 already installed, I want to install > the most recent update but without reinstalling everything, is it > possible? Updates are incremental. If you already have Update 1 installed, you can install later Updates on top of it. If you don't have Update 1 installed yet, later Updates include the fixes that were in Update 1. -- Remy Lebeau (TeamB) ...

Install QuickReport in Delphi 2010
Hi, I try install QR 5.04 in Delphi 2010, but when install : This application has failed to start because QR5Run_RAD6.bpl was not found. All .bpl has been generate in ..\Bpl folder I build QR5Run_RAD6 before buils and install QR5Desing_RAD6 Any idea? PTTK Sergio Pottstock wrote: > I try install QR 5.04 in Delphi 2010, but when install : > This application has failed to start because QR5Run_RAD6.bpl was not found. > > All .bpl has been generate in ..\Bpl folder > > I build QR5Run_RAD6 before buils and install QR5Desing_RAD6 Did you use the inst...

Difficulties installing Delphi XE2
I have been trying to install Delphi XE2 Professional and have had a lot of poor results. I'm running on a Win7-64 bit machine but it won't install the 64 bit compiler. Even when it does install it looks like the library path is not complete because it won't compile even the simplest project. I also can't install the latest JVL/JVCL. It recognized it and tries, but the install does not work. I also get a message from TMS Components that it can load the bpl because the device is not ready. The repair optio n does nothing and I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice. I have D...

Delphi 2010 Installation Problem
I have installed and reinstalled Delphi 2010 several times trying to correct an error I receive at compile time. [DCC Fatal Error] Project2.dpr(1): F1027 Unit not found: 'System.pas' or binary equivalents (.dcu) This error occurs on even a simple project containing one form with no components. Thanks for any help!!! John I have this exact same problem. Im so frustrated with 2010.. what do I do? <John Turner> wrote in message news:198672@forums.codegear.com... >I have installed and reinstalled Delphi 2010 several times trying to >correct an error I r...

Windows 7 x64bit Delphi 2010 issues when Visual Studio 2010 RC is installed
Hi, Anybody else experience issues with Delphi 2010 when Visual Studio 2010 RC is installed on Windows 7 x64 (Ultimate)? After installing Visual Studio 2010 RC I get all kind of weird package errors (f. ex. Together package) when starting Delphi 2010. After uninstalling Visual Studio 2010 RC the issues seems gone. I'm puzzled... It seems like .net 4 could have a bad influence on the .net 2 depending applications.... -Kurt I've not experienced any issues. -- http://www.climsystems.com/ http://www.virtorio.com/ ...

Web resources about - Install Delphi 2010 after XE2 - embarcadero.delphi.install

Facebook Asks Users To Install Messenger For Windows
Just days after officially rolling out Messenger for Windows , Facebook has begun prompting people to install the application. Some Facebook ...

New ways to reach the right people with mobile app install ads
Since we launched mobile app install ads six months ago, we have added several new features to improve the product for users and developers. ...

Facebook Director of Product Management Doug Purdy discusses Parse, Mobile App Install Ads
... discussed about mobile app discovery difficulties faced by developers. He discussed how developers can use the platform to drive app installations ...

WA Premier Colin Barnett urges City of Joondalup to install shark net at Sorrento Beach - PerthNow Search ...
PREMIER Colin Barnett has urged the City of Joondalup to “get on with it” and install a shark net at Sorrento Beach.

Android adware can install itself even when users explicitly reject it
(credit: Lookout) Two weeks ago, Ars reported on newly discovered Android adware that is virtually impossible to uninstall . Now, researchers ...

FSS ePub Reader silently installs adware?
... of a range of popular Windows freeware, including FSS Video Downloader, FSS Google Books Downloader, FSS ePub Reader and more. You’ve installed ...

Microsoft confirms Windows 10 tried to secretly install itself on old machines
Yes, not too long ago, Microsoft apologized for automatically installing Windows 10 on older Windows 7 or Windows 8 machines. But although Microsoft ...

Don't want to install that smartphone app? With Google, you may not have to
The search giant is experimenting with tech that lets you use apps without downloading them. It's part of Google's plan to keep its crown when ...