Install Delphi 2007 with .NET 2 Problem

I am attempting to re-install Delphi 2007 in Windows XP and have discovered that it requires .NET 2 to be installed before continuing.  However, I cannot install v2 on my system since v2.1 is already installed.

The "solution" suggested from from Microsoft was to uninstall .NET v2.1.  However, the v2.1 will not uninstall because other installations are dependent on the v2.1

These seem to be my options so far:

Solution 1:  Uninstall .NET 4, 3.5, 3, and 2.1 - then install Delphi 2007.  Not sure this will work.

Solution 2: Find a Delphi installation that does not require .NET to install.  (Does one exist?  It should exist.  I don't use Delphi for .NET)

Solution 3:  Convert all our programs to Delphi 2010.  This will take months as we have a lot of programs

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike
0
Michael

Michael Cone wrote:

> I am attempting to re-install Delphi 2007 in Windows XP and have
> discovered that it requires .NET 2 to be installed before continuing.
> However, I cannot install v2 on my system since v2.1 is already
> installed.
>
> The "solution" suggested from from Microsoft was to uninstall .NET
> v2.1.  However, the v2.1 will not uninstall because other
> installations are dependent on the v2.1

AFAIK, there is no need to uninstall anything. V2.1 will do fine.

"Each nation knowing it has the only true religion and the only
 sane system of government, each despising all the others, each
 an ass and not suspecting it."
 -- Mark Twain
0
Rudy

Inspiron 1000 install problem (11.1, 11.2, net install, dvd install)
Ok, I have a plain jane Inspiron 1000, 2ghz celeron, 256m ram, 40gig hd, dvd. I burned 11.2 to dvd, 11.1 to dvd, tried installing both. Both get the dreaded "cannot create repository" (i'm paraphrasing). No problem, I download and burn 11.1, 11.2 net install's, checksums check out ok. I go through the first part where it downloads stuff from download.opensuse.com (or something similiar), then it fails again, not able to install. I get no message on the net installs. Just fails real quick with a red box. I tried a text install, fails. What gives? --...

Delphi RAD studio 2007
Hello there, I’m trying to install Delphi RAD studio 2007 – architect edition on my laptop. During installation, I got "This advertised application will not be installed because it might be unsafe. Contact your administrator to change the installation user interface option of the package to basic. I clicked ok to proceed further (as there was no option to cancel the installation process). The installation was successful & I’ve restarted my machine. When starting Delphi, I’m getting “Access Violation at address 7C91072 F in module 'ntdll.dll. Read of address 010D6385” Can yo...

Problem installing RAD Delphi 2007 Enterprise [Edit]
I have problems with installing Delphi 2007 Enterprise. I get the following error: *Downloading of installation data from the web has failed.* *Please make sure that you are connected to the internet.* I have internet access and it is working with no problems. The installation worked without any problems the fist time. Does anyone have any ideas about this problem. Thanks Leon Edited by: Leo Dil on Apr 8, 2010 1:17 AM > {quote:title=Leo Dil wrote:}{quote} > Does anyone have any ideas about this problem. You can always download the .ISO and make your own installat...

Delphi 7 .NET preview compiler install problem [Edit]
Hi all, i know this is old tech but i was giving .NET a try with D7 (which we are still using for production :( ) and have run into installation problems. the download can be found here [http://cc.embarcadero.com/item/25952 |http://cc.embarcadero.com/item/25952]. i have followed the instructions in the Readme.txt file specifically: -unpacked and installed .NET for D7; -installed .NET full release 3.5 (performed a repair as was on my PC anyway) -copied over the necessary files from \aspx\Framework to <Windows directory>\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5 -registered rescvt.dll: exec...

Can I safely install Turbo Delphi 2006 .NET on top of Delphi 2005 (Win 32)
I have a Delphi 2005 Win32 installation. When I originally installed it I had no need for the .NET Framework. Now I would like to learn the .NET framework. Going back to the Delphi 2005 install disk and trying to install the . NET Framework has not been succesful. Can I install the Turbo Delphi 2006 .NET Framework and have it co-exist nicely with my existing Delphi 2005 Win32 system? Thank you. ...

Installation of Delphi 2007
My computer is blocked (windows no longer works) and I must reinstall Delphi 2007. How can I recover my license of Delphi 2007 ? No solution ? Bertrand KIMM wrote: > My computer is blocked (windows no longer works) and I must reinstall Delphi 2007. > How can I recover my license of Delphi 2007 ? > You can get serial number and software from our registered users download area: 1. http://members.embarcadero.com 2. Login using the same credentials you used to register your product 3. Agree to export terms if prompted to do so 4. Click My registered products to get your s...

Problem in installing asp.net 3.5 or asp.net 2.0 in xp service pack 2
I am getting problem to install asp.net in my pc. Configuration: Operating system: xp service pack2, windows installer 4.5, ie6. I tried to install asp.net when i have installed windows installer 3.1 version. But not able to install asp.net. so uninstalled windows installer 3.1 and then intalled windows installer 4.5. Still not able to install asp.net. Thanks in advance.  try installing the .Net framework3.5 SP1 from the microsoft website. ASP.Net3.5 come as a package in .net framework. If required a free IDE then look for visual web developer 2008.Thanks,RahulHappy Program...

Delphi 8 requires .Net 1.1 even though 2.0 is already installed
I am installing Delphi 8 to a Windows 2000 Pro machine that already has .NET 2.0 installed. D8 refuses to install unless I allow it to install .Net 1.1. This seems rather silly. Am I supposed to trash my .NET 2.0 install for the sake of Delphi 8? Peter Kapustinsky wrote: > Am I supposed to trash my .NET 2.0 install for the sake of Delphi 8? You dont' have to trash your .NET 2.0 install. Installing 1.1 won't effect it at all. -- Nick Hodges Delphi Product Manager - Embarcadero http://blogs.codegear.com/nickhodges > You dont' have to trash your .NET 2.0 ...

How do I install Delphi 2007 components into C++Builder 2007?
Hi Folks, I have a Delphi component that installs into Delphi 2007, and it then appears in the tool palette. That's all fine. When I then run C++Builder 2007, I can see that my component package is already installed, and can even uninstall and re-install it, but the component doesn't appear in the tool palette. What must I do to get it to appear in the palette for C++Builder? -- Simon <Simon Armstrong> wrote in message news:5932@forums.codegear.com... > What must I do to get it to appear in the palette for C++Builder? Did you enable the "Generate all...

Unable to use SQL Server because ASP.NET version 2.0 Session State is not installed on the SQL server. Please install ASP.NET Session State SQL Server version 2.0 or above.
Can anybody point me in the direction of how to resolve this error, Unable to use SQL Server because ASP.NET version 2.0 Session State is not installed on the SQL server. Please install ASP.NET Session State SQL Server version 2.0 or above. I am running Visusl Studio 2005, SQL Server 2005 Standard, running on WIndows XP Pro. I am trying to use SQL for session state management. I originally ran the following code from the command line prompt, aspnet_regsql.exe -E -ssadd -sstype p This created an ASPState database. I then manually added my default ASP.NET login as a user. In my web.confi...

Problems with VWD beta 2 after install of .net 2.0
Is anybody else having problems opening up VWD express beta 2 after you have installed the release edittion of the .NET Framework 2.0?? I cant seem to get it work any more!!! am I just going to have to wait now until the release version of VWD comes out?? or just go back to the beta 2 of the .net framework?? anybody know when microsoft is going to release VWD express 2005?? Hi,I saw this question asked more lately. My guess would be that you need the beta 2 framework together with the beta of the VWD tool. So until it's being released you can play around further with the beta 2 of the...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Delphi 2010 Installation Problem
I have installed and reinstalled Delphi 2010 several times trying to correct an error I receive at compile time. [DCC Fatal Error] Project2.dpr(1): F1027 Unit not found: 'System.pas' or binary equivalents (.dcu) This error occurs on even a simple project containing one form with no components. Thanks for any help!!! John I have this exact same problem. Im so frustrated with 2010.. what do I do? <John Turner> wrote in message news:198672@forums.codegear.com... >I have installed and reinstalled Delphi 2010 several times trying to >correct an error I r...

delphi 2009 installation problem
[21C7B652]{dotnetcoreide120.bpl} InteropApp.MSBuildRegisterTaskHost (Line 1350, "InteropApp.pas" + 2) + $40 [5000CE7D]{rtl120.bpl } System.@CheckAutoResult (Line 21834, "System.pas" + 6) + $0 [21C7B652]{dotnetcoreide120.bpl} InteropApp.MSBuildRegisterTaskHost (Line 1350, "InteropApp.pas" + 2) + $40 [21C78232]{dotnetcoreide120.bpl} InteropApp.TInteropHostAppManager.ResolveTempTaskHostStorage (Line 419, "InteropApp.pas" + 5) + $2B [21C777CE]{dotnetcoreide120.bpl} InteropApp.TInteropHostAppManager.Create (Line 268, "InteropApp.pas" + 48) + $3...

Install Delphi 2010 problems !!!!!!
Hi, I did buy one license about Delphi 2010, when I finish to install this product and run Delphi, the program dont start and Open WEB window with the "How To Buy" product. I'm very worry about because I dont know how resolve this problem. Please some people can help me??????? ---------------------------------------------- Buenas, he adquirido una licencia de Delphi Prism y de regalo me dieron una licencia de Delphi 2010 y apartando LO COMPLICADO que ha sido registrar ambos productos, resulta que he podido instalar el Delphi 2010 con el serial que me hicieron llegar E...

Problem installing in delphi 6
Hi, I tried to install firedac x delphi6 (I have a client that still use delphi6), the normal installation fail saying that cannot find the correct path for required vcl package, while trying to install the packages manually after setting thr right say that pakages are in old format and must bee converted, and then say that cannot find the source files in the path. Some suggestion to solve the problem is welcome. Hello Angelo You can use QI3 at: http://docs.embarcadero.com/products/rad_studio/firedac/Installation.html > say that pakages are in old format and must bee convert...

Delphi 2007 Install Issue
Hi, I built my new machine (Quad Core Q8200, 4 GB RAM, Win XP), now I am trying to install Delphi 2007 on this new machine. The installation wizzrd gets to where it makes a call to MSIinstaller and the the Installation bombs with a error that says "Error". The windows event viewer has recorded the error, and is talking about msiinstaller. The XP Pro intallation is updated with al the Service Packs and all udates from the internet. Can someone please advise if they had a similar experience and if so how they solved this error? Regards Marius ...

how to install indy on Delphi 2007
I have tried to install indy 10 but I'm doing something wrong because I get errors when I try to compile the core. where can I find the best way to install this regards Mats When I use the IndyTiburon and run de fullD11.dpk I get an error compiling E2466 Never-Build Package, IndyCore120 I have built the IndySystem120 without any error but when I run fullD11.dpk it still gives me this error. anu sugestions? regards Mats "Mats Carlsson" <master@rdit.se> skrev i meddelandet news:220408@forums.codegear.com... >I have tried to install indy 10...

Delphi 2009 Installation #2
I installed Delphi 2009. I used the defaults, and the install went without a hitch. When I open Delphi 2009 and create a new VCL forms application - Delphi, on run or compile I get the following error: [DCC Fatal Error] Types.pas(641): F2039 Could not create output file 'c:\program files (x86)\codegear\rad studio\6.0\SOURCE\WIN32\RTL\SYS\Types.dcu' I tried right clicking the Delphi 2009 startmenu choice and choosing run as an administrator. This brings this error instead: [DCC Fatal Error] Variants.pas(1063): F2092 Program or unit 'Variants' recursively use...

Install file for Delphi 2007
Hi, Have purchased and installed Delphi XE5. I would now like to install the latest Non-Unicode Delphi as well, which I believe is Delphi 2007. I have registered and recieved the instal code for D2007, with a download link. I would like to install this (older) Delphi 2007 on my home computer. Yet I have very limited network connectivity at home. Thus I would like to download the full install package on my work computer, to take this installation files/s home. Is this possible? The link provided gives a setup program but I assume this is just a small web installer (Having ...

Web resources about - Install Delphi 2007 with .NET 2 Problem - embarcadero.delphi.install

Facebook Asks Users To Install Messenger For Windows
Just days after officially rolling out Messenger for Windows , Facebook has begun prompting people to install the application. Some Facebook ...

New ways to reach the right people with mobile app install ads
Since we launched mobile app install ads six months ago, we have added several new features to improve the product for users and developers. ...

Facebook Director of Product Management Doug Purdy discusses Parse, Mobile App Install Ads
... discussed about mobile app discovery difficulties faced by developers. He discussed how developers can use the platform to drive app installations ...

Perth shopping centre installs WA's biggest solar power system
A thousand solar panels saves $20,000 a month.

How to: Install Android N developer preview factory images on Nexus 6P, Nexus 5X, Nexus 6, Nexus 9, and ...
Google introduced to the world the next version of Android, dubbed Android N, oddly early this year compared to the usual announcement at its ...

Should you install N preview on your main device? Here are some of the known issues with it.
... standing for “nut telling,” according to Hiroshi Lockheimer) is here and we’re all super excited to see it in action. But is it safe to install ...

Comcast failed to install Internet for 10 months then demanded $60,000 in fees
Tech startup needs a new office because it can't get Comcast Internet.

Las Vegas installs cool solar-kinetic street lights
Filed under: Etc. , Green , Videos , Emissions , Green Culture , Technology , Solar EnGoPlanet is providing Sin City with LED street lights powered ...