Install D2010 on side of D2009 - Update 3 installed, but not noticed by Installer

I am installing D2010 from the iso image.  But the setup complains that
I should install Update 3 for D2009 before that.

However, D2009 Check for Updates said that no updates were available, so
I copied the setup packages from another D2009 installation and
installed Update 3, 4, etc.

And D2010 installation still fails to start, complaining that I should
install Update 3 to D2009.

How can I tell the installer that I DO have Update 3 for D2009?

Jouni Aro
Prosys
0
Jouni

I have the same problem. BDS 2009 is up to date with Version3, but Delphi 2010 will not install because it claims BDS 2009 needs update 3. Apparently a registry key is screwed up. Does anyone know which one? I really don't want to uninstall BDS 2009, re-install it, re-patch it, and then install Delphi 2010.

What's the solution? TIA

Mike

> {quote:title=Jouni Aro wrote:}{quote}
> I am installing D2010 from the iso image.  But the setup complains that
> I should install Update 3 for D2009 before that.
>
> However, D2009 Check for Updates said that no updates were available, so
> I copied the setup packages from another D2009 installation and
> installed Update 3, 4, etc.
>
> And D2010 installation still fails to start, complaining that I should
> install Update 3 to D2009.
>
> How can I tell the installer that I DO have Update 3 for D2009?
>
> Jouni Aro
> Prosys
0
Mike
9/14/2009 5:20:56 PM
> How can I tell the installer that I DO have Update 3 for D2009?

Does anyone has any tip to solve this problem?

--
Jackson Gomes
IntraWeb Support
> {quote:title=Jackson Gomes wrote:}{quote}
> > How can I tell the installer that I DO have Update 3 for D2009?
>
> Does anyone has any tip to solve this problem?

Jackson,
     I uninstalled D2009, and installed D2010, then re-installed D2009. It's working fine now. Yes, it's a lot of work but at least it solves the problem.

Mike
0
Mike
10/15/2009 3:20:20 AM
>     I uninstalled D2009, and installed D2010, then re-installed D2009. It's working fine now. Yes, it's a lot of work but at least
> it solves the problem.

Thank you Mike... I'll give a try on it... Makes a lot of sense :-)

--
Jackson Gomes
IntraWeb Support

To install or not to install?

D2010 installation and D2009 already installed
Hi, I installed D2010 on a machine that has D2009 installed. Somehow, installing D2010 screwed up my D2009 installation in that when I run a Unit Test that uses dbxMysqll.dll, I get an error message (that I never got before): Project c_test.exe raised exception class TDBXError with message 'Cannot load LIBMYSQL.dll library(error code 0). The LIBMYSQL.dll library may be missing from the system path or you may have an incompatible version of the library installed. Is this supposed to happen? I thought installing D2010 in a different folder won't fid...

Install keeps failing : Cannot install windows installer 3.1
Hello,This is quite weird, whenever I try to install VS 2005 .net express, I get a failure right at the start of the installation process, the installer says : Could'nt install Windows installer 3.1 ....sigh, I'll never get this to work ..thanks Can you try to install Windows installer 3.1 from the Microsoft web site?http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=889482fc-5f56-4a38-b838-de776fd4138c   Let us know if that works? Thanks. -Bret...

Is there a Gzip installer that I could install ?
Trying to make things easier I have a question about the linux desktop interface .. is direct package installed that I could use opening it on files using the right click method from windows ? "open with" / "chosen freeware" = click ! -- Cypher7 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Cypher7 wrote: > > Trying to make things easier I have a question about the linux desktop > interface The linux desktop interface can be a lot of things, KDE,GNOME, windowmaker to name but a few. > .. is direct packa...

Occassional appearance of Install/Install.aspx?mode=Install
Since upgrading to 3.1.1 I am getting the occasional redirection to Install/Install.aspx?mode=Install.  Is anyone else recieving this or does this suggest the installation script didn't complete?Jonathan Palmer Check your web.config and see if install=true.... In a previous version this was happening to me until i turned it off. ...

no install after installing jvm141
i have waited for a few days now to see if anyone would reply to my last response and got nothing so far so i figured i would repost everything in hopes that someone woudl be able to help me, please read below. ============================ In article , wrote: > i cant find the install opption on the GUI to install imanager. i just > updated to the newest jvm and the gui looks totally differnet, and the > start options all changed. any ideas? > What exact NetWare version are you using (including SP)? In theory, you should use the "install" option in ...

trouble installing side-by-side IBuySpy installations
I have one website running on my pc using IBuySpy. I have successfully installed another IBuySpy project and it works. However, I am having database problems. I have renamed the database but I need to rename the SQL Server .MDF and .LDF file of the FIRST installation (they are currently named portal), so I can run the database install scripts for the new installation. I stopped the server and renamed the LDF and MDF file. However, when I restarted the server, the database was not connected. So, is there a script that I can run that will allow me to rename the data and log files...

Problem Installing Modules via install\module During DNN Install
I'm currently troubleshooting an install problem that is killing me since I do 3-5 installs of DNN per day.With v3.0.13 I had an 9 modules I placed in the install\module folder for automatic installation.  With v3.1 that number has increased to 25 (I'm not sure if the number has anything to do with it).When installing DNN v3.1, the install page lists all of the modules. EX:00:00:18.078 -   Installing Module File C:\hshome\jangles\bunstore.co.uk\Install\Module\Announcements_3.1.0.zip:00:00:19.218 -   Installing Module File C:\hshome\jangles\bunstore.co.uk\Install...

Trying to install a Trial D2010 version on a D2009 installed computer fails
Hi, I've downloaded the trial version for D2010, when I try to install, the installer comes up with the following message and stops installing. --------------------------- Update Required --------------------------- For RAD Studio 2009 to co-exist with the version you are trying to install, it is necessary to have Delphi and C++Builder 2009 Update 3 installed. Please apply that update through the Check for Updates from the RAD Studio 2009 menu before installling this version. --------------------------- OK --------------------------- I have D2009 with Update 3 installed...

Creating custom installer to install .net framework and installer of another software
 hii m trying to create a custom installer which will install .net framework 2.0 and i have another installer  of a software that i also want to be installed on Install(System.Collections.IDictionary stateSaver) event. Is it possible with custom installer.or i need to use something else like setup Project/Web setup project.please help me out  Regardsnav  Hi nav, Based on my understanding, you want to install .NET Framework 2.0 and another installer with your setup project. If I have misunderstood you concern, please let me know. In my opinion, you need setup boot...

installation package error: "The installer was interrupted before [program] could be installed"
Hi,     I encountered one problem with my web application installation package. Before, it works well. While after some minor changes to code, I rebuild the setup file, when I tried to run it, I got such error.     I searched on web to find similar problems due to file <VS Install>\Common 7\tools\deployment\dpca.dll     My symptom is the same as described, I used the tool Qwerty.Msi to check errors, when debug, at sequence WEBCA_GatherWebSites 12:30:12 PM  Action start 12:30:12: WEBCA_GatherWebSites.12:30:15 PM  Action ended 12...

Personal.install.comfig in the Install directory is missing in the Install zip file
Hello, I'm missing the Personal.install.config in the directory install in the zip file DotNetNuke_4.0.1_Install.zip. And also in the Source zip file. Yesterday i tryed to install the 4.0.1 over my 4.0.0 and the happened notting only that i had to restore the database and the backup of the site. Today i was trying to work with the Source and see the the Personal.install.config is missing as soon as i change the template to the default in web.config i was working. But don't get the Personal Website....

How to install firefox 3.3 and while maintaining Version 2.012 install ??
Want to have a paddle in the developers pool , and acess Firefox 3.3 .. but the stable 2.012 version is very important to maintain . Can Firefox 3.beta.3 be installed parallel to the 2.012 version install ? If so how should we set-up this 'parallel' install .. On Mar 7, 12:02=A0pm, auto165...@hushmail.com wrote: > Want to have a paddle in the developers pool , and acess Firefox > 3.3 =A0.. but the stable 2.012 version is very important to maintain . > > Can Firefox 3.beta.3 be installed parallel to the 2.012 version > install ? > > If so how...

Web resources about - Install D2010 on side of D2009 - Update 3 installed, but not noticed by Installer - embarcadero.delphi.install

Pre-installed software - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Bundled software is another name for pre-installed software, as pre-installed are all bundled with a hardware device of some kind. However, bundled ...

REPORT: Facebook Home Can Be Installed On All Android Devices Running 4.0 And Up
The good news: Facebook Home can now be run on all Android devices running version 4.0 of the mobile operating system or higher, even if they ...

CPU fan installed - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore Garrette's photos on Flickr. Garrette has uploaded 3652 photos to Flickr.

Gay-friendly traffic lights installed in Vienna - YouTube
Keep up-to-date with the latest news, subscribe here: http://bit.ly/AFP-subscribe Several pedestrian crossings in Vienna are showing symbols ...

Brisbane's new public art installed
From a distance, it looks like Commissioner Gordon's Bat-signal.

Cameras installed on hull of ISS (00:59)

Where in the US is solar installed?

'Spyware' installed on rental laptops