install D2007 exception

I am trying to install D2007 on my server for builds. It initially installed
fine, but when I tried to apply the Dec 2007 patch the patch failed
(referring to a file that I knew nothing about). I delete the whole
directory that had the file. oops.

The patch now asks for the setup source directory. I assume that is what I
deleted.

So I thought I would try to reinstall D2007, but it is failiing to now. I
get the following exception:

---------------------------
RAD Studio - InstallAware Wizard
---------------------------
Runtime error in setup script:

Line 3474: Attempting to get value of undefined variable HAS_SLIP
---------------------------
OK
---------------------------

Any suggestions? I was hoping to get the server working today, but I guess I
am SOL.

Ed Dressel
0
Ed

Please see http://support.codegear.com/article/36612

Ed Dressel wrote:
> I am trying to install D2007 on my server for builds. It initially installed
> fine, but when I tried to apply the Dec 2007 patch the patch failed
> (referring to a file that I knew nothing about). I delete the whole
> directory that had the file. oops.
>
> The patch now asks for the setup source directory. I assume that is what I
> deleted.
>
> So I thought I would try to reinstall D2007, but it is failiing to now. I
> get the following exception:
>
> ---------------------------
> RAD Studio - InstallAware Wizard
> ---------------------------
> Runtime error in setup script:
>
> Line 3474: Attempting to get value of undefined variable HAS_SLIP
> ---------------------------
> OK
> ---------------------------
>
> Any suggestions? I was hoping to get the server working today, but I guess I
> am SOL.
>
> Ed Dressel
0
quinn
8/18/2008 3:07:43 PM
thanks. fixed it.
0
Ed

To install or not to install?

D2007 install / uninstall / install problems..
For your information: I had to uninstall delphi 2009 because it crashed repeatedly ~1 minute after startup. So i uninstalled it (and saw the blackfish still installed so i manually delete that). Then i installed d2009 again. Two problems here 1) I installed in another path, however all registry values remained on the old path (and obviously nothing worked) 2) I already registered for a new activation key (because it could not be upgraded, which is stupid). The new install found the old trial registration info. So i uninstalled evertything again, deleted the blackfish and othe...

D2007 Install fails with J# runtime could be installed
After having some rtl120.bpl issues since having both d2k7 and d2k9 and removing d2k9, tried to reinstall d2k7 as well and, well, failed. I tried to install JSharp manually, let delphi install do it, all never had any success, kept getting the "JSharp Runtime 2.0 could not be installed. Please use Windows Update to manually install this update on your system" error. Needless to say, there's no windows update regarding J# runtime On Wed, 15 Apr 2009 22:01:00 -0700, Sniffi Kipod wrote: > After having some rtl120.bpl issues since having both d2k7 and d2k9 and removing d2k9,...

Occassional appearance of Install/Install.aspx?mode=Install
Since upgrading to 3.1.1 I am getting the occasional redirection to Install/Install.aspx?mode=Install.  Is anyone else recieving this or does this suggest the installation script didn't complete?Jonathan Palmer Check your web.config and see if install=true.... In a previous version this was happening to me until i turned it off. ...

no install after installing jvm141
i have waited for a few days now to see if anyone would reply to my last response and got nothing so far so i figured i would repost everything in hopes that someone woudl be able to help me, please read below. ============================ In article , wrote: > i cant find the install opption on the GUI to install imanager. i just > updated to the newest jvm and the gui looks totally differnet, and the > start options all changed. any ideas? > What exact NetWare version are you using (including SP)? In theory, you should use the "install" option in ...

Is there a Gzip installer that I could install ?
Trying to make things easier I have a question about the linux desktop interface .. is direct package installed that I could use opening it on files using the right click method from windows ? "open with" / "chosen freeware" = click ! -- Cypher7 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Cypher7 wrote: > > Trying to make things easier I have a question about the linux desktop > interface The linux desktop interface can be a lot of things, KDE,GNOME, windowmaker to name but a few. > .. is direct packa...

Install VS 2012 pro after installing Delphi Prism XE3?
I asked over at the Prism forum, but it's more lively over here. If I buy VS 2012 professional after I've already installed Prism XE3, will VS pro replace the shell, and will Prism now work in VS Pro? Not sure, I doubt. But you can simply reinstall Prism - the key is registered with your computer. Worked in 2010 have no idea about 2012. You need Pro for Metro. Mike > {quote:title=Phillip Woon wrote:}{quote} > I asked over at the Prism forum, but it's more lively over here. If I buy VS 2012 professional after I've already installed Prism XE3, will VS pro replace...

Problem Installing Modules via install\module During DNN Install
I'm currently troubleshooting an install problem that is killing me since I do 3-5 installs of DNN per day.With v3.0.13 I had an 9 modules I placed in the install\module folder for automatic installation.  With v3.1 that number has increased to 25 (I'm not sure if the number has anything to do with it).When installing DNN v3.1, the install page lists all of the modules. EX:00:00:18.078 -   Installing Module File C:\hshome\jangles\bunstore.co.uk\Install\Module\Announcements_3.1.0.zip:00:00:19.218 -   Installing Module File C:\hshome\jangles\bunstore.co.uk\Install...

Install keeps failing : Cannot install windows installer 3.1
Hello,This is quite weird, whenever I try to install VS 2005 .net express, I get a failure right at the start of the installation process, the installer says : Could'nt install Windows installer 3.1 ....sigh, I'll never get this to work ..thanks Can you try to install Windows installer 3.1 from the Microsoft web site?http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=889482fc-5f56-4a38-b838-de776fd4138c   Let us know if that works? Thanks. -Bret...

Error installing D2007 on Win7
I am trying to setup a VM with Delphi 2007 & 2009. The first step - to install 2007 fails just as it is about to start installing the files. It gives me an error box (Retry Download) - downloading of installation data from the web has failed. Please make sure you are connected to the Internet Well - I am connected and can reach FTP and web sites from the VM. The VM is Win 7 Pro. I get options to resume or start from the begining - both fail. Thoughts as to what might be causing this?? Bradley MacDonald brad_AT_timeacct_DOT_com Try installing from media or the ISO...

Install DCC for Delphi 4, 5 and 6 after D2006, XE and XE2 installed
I know that the standard advice is to install Delphi versions in chronological order. I have installed D2006, XE and XE2 in chronological order and they work fine. Now I would like to install just the command line compilers for Delphi 4, 5 and 6. 1. Can you install just DCC and the libraries that go with it or must the entire product (including IDE) be installed? 2. Is there are way to do this that won't mess up the more recent products? I really hope to avoid removing and reinstalling the three already installed products. Thanks! I wound up taking a deep breath and spending about...

Creating custom installer to install .net framework and installer of another software
 hii m trying to create a custom installer which will install .net framework 2.0 and i have another installer  of a software that i also want to be installed on Install(System.Collections.IDictionary stateSaver) event. Is it possible with custom installer.or i need to use something else like setup Project/Web setup project.please help me out  Regardsnav  Hi nav, Based on my understanding, you want to install .NET Framework 2.0 and another installer with your setup project. If I have misunderstood you concern, please let me know. In my opinion, you need setup boot...

Web resources about - install D2007 exception - embarcadero.delphi.install

Motor vehicle exception - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The exception is based on the idea that there is a lower expectation of privacy in motor vehicles due to the regulations they operate. Additionally, ...

Podcast #42 – It’s The Exception That Proves The Rule
... Language and Usage , which was frustrated by the high number of certain types of questions that were coming in. Is this podcast the exception ...

RWW News: Marco Rubio Reiterates His Opposition To Rape Or Incest Exceptions - YouTube
http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/marco-rubio-reiterates-his-opposition-rape-or-incest-exceptions Right Wing Watch reports on the extreme ...

Why Kevin Pietersen is the exception to the No Dickhead Rule
Something fascinating is going on in English cricket at the moment.

John Lomax 'gutted' for Issac Luke, but says finals no exception to rules
... missing a grand final to a 10-game suspension, but says the NRL judiciary must maintain consistency in its rulings and cannot make exceptions ...

India becomes the exception to US nuclear ban
President George Bush has agreed to share civilian nuclear technology with India, reversing decades of US policies designed to discourage countries ...

Is Richard Umbers, Bernie Brookes' replacement as Myer CEO, an exception?
Myer's CIO was recently elevated to the top job, but he's in a very small minority.

Men Need to Admit That Jian Ghomeshi Is No Exception
That men like Jian Ghomeshi are a terrible exception and if we as men simply stand up and say we are not as bad as that, or that we are not rapists ...

China, Thailand reach visa exception agreement
China, Thailand reach visa exception agreement People's Daily Online ... this at a forum on China's foreign diplomacy held in Beijing. Both ...

No exception allowed in graft crackdown: People's Daily
No exception allowed in graft crackdown: People's Daily - Ecns.cn ecns The expulsion of Ling Jihua from the Communist Party of China (CPC) ...