How to register Delphi XE2 with its final license

A few days ago I ordered a copy of Delphi XE2 Enterprise from a Greek reseller. I got my copy accompanied by a temporary license (trial?) and I registered it. After my payment got processed I got the final license and now I want to register my copy of Delphi XE2 Enterprise with it. How do I do this? There seems to be no way for doing such a thing. Do I have to uninstall Delphi and download and install it again? Or is there another easier way?

Thank you in advance,

Angelos Arampatzis
0
Angelos

Hi Angelos,

> A few days ago I ordered a copy of Delphi XE2 Enterprise from a Greek reseller. I got my copy accompanied by a temporary license (trial?) and I registered it. After my payment got processed I got the final license and now I want to register my copy of Delphi XE2 Enterprise with it. How do I do this? There seems to be no way for doing such a thing. Do I have to uninstall Delphi and download and install it again? Or is there another easier way?

Contact your Greek reseller; he's the one to ask for more details (he
sold you the license) and he should tell you the choices. You can try a
modify/repair and enter the new serial number. Or do a new install. But
your best choice is to uninstall the product (since the trial license
would not have installed the right edition, and not some parts like VCL
source code), and then reinstall Delphi XE2 Enterprise with your final
serial number.

I would have mentioned (if you had bought from me) you that you could
also have decided to wait a few days to install Delphi XE2 Enterprise
with the final key (after payment was received), so there would not have
been a trial version on your system (and no trouble to remove it and/or
replace it by the real serial number)...

> Thank you in advance,
>
> Angelos Arampatzis

Groetjes,
           Bob Swart

Chairman Delphi Development Network (DDN) powered by SDN - www.sdn.nl
Embarcadero Technology Partner - Delphi & RAD Studio Reseller BeNeLux
http://twitter.com/eBob42 LinkedIn: http://nl.linkedin.com/in/drbob42
Delphi paperbacks from Lulu.com http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/drbob42
Personal courseware + e-mail support http://www.ebob42.com/courseware
Blog: http://www.drbob42.com/blog - RSS: http://eBob42.com/weblog.xml
0
Bob
12/15/2011 7:31:38 PM
Angelos wrote:

> A few days ago I ordered a copy of Delphi XE2 Enterprise from a Greek
> reseller. I got my copy accompanied by a temporary license (trial?)
> and I registered it. After my payment got processed I got the final
> license and now I want to register my copy of Delphi XE2 Enterprise
> with it. How do I do this?

Use the LicenseManager.exe app in XE2's \bin folder.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
Remy Lebeau (TeamB) wrote:
> Use the LicenseManager.exe app in XE2's \bin folder.

NO. That's wrong.

Select Modify, Repair, Uninstall. Select Upgrade in the first dialog.
What to do should be obvious from here.
0
quinn
12/15/2011 8:39:49 PM

> NO. That's wrong.
>
> Select Modify, Repair, Uninstall. Select Upgrade in the first dialog.
> What to do should be obvious from here.

I just tried what you have suggested, but nothing changed: I still get the "27 days remaining". And on top of that, I now get a message about fmx161.bpl missing...

Angelos Arampatzis
0
Angelos
12/15/2011 9:08:16 PM
Angelos Arampatzis wrote:

>> NO. That's wrong.
>>
>> Select Modify, Repair, Uninstall. Select Upgrade in the first dialog.
>> What to do should be obvious from here.
>
> I just tried what you have suggested, but nothing changed: I still get the "27 days remaining". And on top of that, I now get a message about fmx161.bpl missing...
>
> Angelos Arampatzis

Looking at your registration history, it appears you previously had a
time expired serial number for the full product, not a trial. My
instructions were for the trial.

What you need to do is uninstall, and VERY IMPORTANTLY, select YES at
the first dialog which says "Do you want to remove all Embarcadero RAD
Studio XE2 entries from your registry?" After you uninstall, you can
install your product.
0
quinn
12/15/2011 10:20:20 PM
> Looking at your registration history, it appears you previously had a
> time expired serial number for the full product, not a trial. My
> instructions were for the trial.
>
> What you need to do is uninstall, and VERY IMPORTANTLY, select YES at
> the first dialog which says "Do you want to remove all Embarcadero RAD
> Studio XE2 entries from your registry?" After you uninstall, you can
> install your product.

Ok, that solved my problem (but I had to reboot my system after uninstalling Delphi XE2 Enterprise.

Thank you very much!
1
Angelos

How to Register Delphi 2009 with an XE2 License
Hi, I bought an RAD Studio XE2 License (via university, an EDU license). Now i tried to register an RAD Studio 2009, but RAD studio reports XE2 register numer as invalid. What's wrong? Background: For a special project I need RAD Studio 2009. Previous versions are included is stated on embarcadero website. Thanks for help, regards, Christian Christian wrote: > I bought an RAD Studio XE2 License (via university, an EDU license). > Now i tried to register an RAD Studio 2009, but RAD studio reports XE2 > register numer as invalid. > What's wrong? You c...

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE2

Delphi and Delphi Prism licensing question
When I buy Delphi and Delphi Prism, do I get a "named user licence" or a "workstation licence"? Can I install both products on two machines I use with the same licence keys? I have a Mac Pro ("Cyrus") running Vista 64 in VMware and a MacBook ("Blacky") running Vista 32 in Parallels. Can I install Delphi and Delphi Prism on both Cyrus and Blacky since I use both machines (and like to have all dev tools I use installed on both machines at all times)? Andrew Brehm wrote: > When I buy Delphi and Delphi Prism, do I get a "named user licence...

Is GNU Gettext for Delphi compatible with Delphi XE2 ?
The site http://dxgettext.po.dk declare support for Supports for Delphi 5-2009. Thanks in advance lior ilan wrote: > The site http://dxgettext.po.dk declare support for Supports for Delphi > 5-2009. > Thanks in advance It is, if you look in the forums mentioned in that website http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/dxgettext/ http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/dxgettext/message/3639 Regards Olivier ...

Delphi 7 Pro to Delphi XE2
Hi All I'm porting a project from Delphi 7 Pro to Delphi XE2 and have notice the VersionInfo "Release" and "Build" not being extracted correctly. Should be "1.2.3.4" but is getting "1.2.6150.4567" I'm using the following to extract the VersionInfo and works ok in Delphi 7 but doesnt get the "Release" and "Build" info when used in Delphi XE2. function GetVersion : string; { --------------------------------------------------------- Extracts the FileVersion element of the VERSIONINFO structure that Delphi ma...

Install DCC for Delphi 4, 5 and 6 after D2006, XE and XE2 installed
I know that the standard advice is to install Delphi versions in chronological order. I have installed D2006, XE and XE2 in chronological order and they work fine. Now I would like to install just the command line compilers for Delphi 4, 5 and 6. 1. Can you install just DCC and the libraries that go with it or must the entire product (including IDE) be installed? 2. Is there are way to do this that won't mess up the more recent products? I really hope to avoid removing and reinstalling the three already installed products. Thanks! I wound up taking a deep breath and spending about...

How do I install updates to Delphi XE2
I have delphi XE2 with update 1 already installed, I want to install the most recent update but without reinstalling everything, is it possible? Francesco wrote: > I have delphi XE2 with update 1 already installed, I want to install > the most recent update but without reinstalling everything, is it > possible? Updates are incremental. If you already have Update 1 installed, you can install later Updates on top of it. If you don't have Update 1 installed yet, later Updates include the fixes that were in Update 1. -- Remy Lebeau (TeamB) ...

Install Delphi 2010 after XE2
I know this might be a trivial question: - I had XE2 installed in my home pc As my working is using D2010 and I need to install in my home pc as well. Do you think there will be any problem? My home pc: Win 7 (64 bit) Man wrote: > - I had XE2 installed in my home pc > As my working is using D2010 and I need to install in my > home pc as well. Do you think there will be any problem? Although multiple versions can co-exist on the same machine, it is generally best not to install older versions after newer versions. Either 1) uninstall XE2, install 2010, then reins...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Will Delphi XE2 co-exist with other Delphi versions ?
Can I install it on a machine that's got other Delphi's on it ? Lut Mentz wrote: > Can I install it on a machine that's got other Delphi's on it ? Yes. As far as I know that has always been the case. -- -Mike (TeamB) Lut Mentz wrote: > Can I install it on a machine that's got other Delphi's on it ? Yes -- it has always been the case that the new version co-exists peacefully with all the older ones. -- Nick Hodges -- Product Development Manager Gateway Ticketing Systems http://www.gatewayticketing.com > {quote:title=Mike Williams ...

Delphi 2007 to Delphi XE2 paint order change
Hello all, I have a program here that does some very specific work in the paint handlers and requires that the controls are painted from bottom to top. This worked just fine under Delphi 2007 but now that we have migrated to Delphi XE2, it no longer works. Tracing the paint order, we discovered that there are cases when the bottom most component (the form for instance) is drawn last instead of first, which means that the painting code we do in the program gets a black area for the bottom most control instead of its background. This was observed with D2007 and DXE2 on the same c...

Web resources about - How to register Delphi XE2 with its final license - embarcadero.delphi.install

The Des Moines Register - Des Moines news, community, entertainment, yellow pages and classifieds. Serving ...
The Des Moines Register is the number one source for Des Moines breaking news, jobs, real estate, photos, videos and blogs.

Point Pleasant Daily Register - mydailyregister.com
Local News, Sports, Obituaries, and Classifieds for Point Pleasant, WV Toggle navigation mydailyregister.com Articles Events Businesses Classifieds ...

Homepage » Mt. Vernon Register-News
Homepage ROBBIE EDWARDS/REGISTER-NEWS The Mt. Vernon Register-News Copyright 2014 Mt. Vernon Register-News. All rights reserved. This material ...

The American Register
Solving California’s water problem will take radical solutions, and they can begin with “virtual water.” This concept describes water that is ...

National Register of Historic Places listings in Indiana - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is a list of properties and districts in Indiana that are listed on the National Register of Historic Places . There are over 1,700 in total. ...

AFL premiers Hawthorn Hawks register a $3.33 million profit for season 2015
Hawthorn have announced their third consecutive $3 million-plus operating profit for season 2015 on the back of their historic three-peat of ...

Kris Kobach registers two plaintiffs to vote in suspended voter lawsuit, files motion to dismiss
... is being sued for attempting to purge 37,000 people from Kansas’s voter rolls because they did not provide proof of citizenship when registering ...

FAA: You Don’t Need To Pay Someone To Register Your Drone
When you go to register your car, you don’t shop around at different companies and then pay one to perform that service. The Federal Aviation ...

Forcing Muslim Americans to register and carry special ID? Trump isn't saying no.
... have to do certain things that were frankly unthinkable a year ago.” Yahoo News asked Trump whether this level of tracking might require registering ...

FAA: No, you won't need to pay someone to register your drone
You may not like the idea of having to register your drone to fly it in the US, but you likely won't need to pay someone to handle the paperwork. ...