How do I specifiy the install drive for Delphi 2010 Architect Trial ? [Edit]

Is there an envrionment variable, or registry setting to set the install drive for Windows XP ?

It wants to install to my system drive,  (E:), I want to use my data / test drive ( C:)

thx

Mike

Edited by: Michael Stramba on Aug 21, 2010 6:45 PM
0
Michael

Do you have enough available space on C?
--
Finn Tolderlund

"Michael Stramba" skrev i meddelelsen news:277101@forums.embarcadero.com...
> Is there an envrionment variable, or registry setting to set the install
> drive for Windows XP ?
> It wants to install to my system drive,  (E:), I want to use my data /
> test drive ( C:)
0
Finn
8/22/2010 9:28:42 AM
Well that is  irrelevant, as the installer is obviously not choosing drives by space available, as I have only ~200 meg available on the system, drive, but about 10gig available on the C: drive.

Most other installers , will  allow the user to choose which drive they want to install to.

> {quote:title=Finn Tolderlund wrote:}{quote}
> Do you have enough available space on C?
> --
> Finn Tolderlund
>

> "Michael Stramba" skrev i meddelelsen news:277101@forums.embarcadero.com...
> > Is there an envrionment variable, or registry setting to set the install
> > drive for Windows XP ?
> > It wants to install to my system drive,  (E:), I want to use my data /
> > test drive ( C:)
0
Michael
8/22/2010 7:28:00 PM
Michael Stramba wrote:
> Well that is  irrelevant, as the installer is obviously not choosing drives by space available, as I have only ~200 meg available on the system, drive, but about 10gig available on the C: drive.
>
> Most other installers , will  allow the user to choose which drive they want to install to.
>
>> {quote:title=Finn Tolderlund wrote:}{quote}
>> Do you have enough available space on C?

The problem may be that your system drive (E:) likely has the Windows
Temp file location in it.  So that drive may run out of space while
temporarily storing things that will be installed into C:

Check for where you Windows Temp file is and change it to C: so Windows
has enough temp storage to assemble installs for C:.

YMMV.

--
- Eduardo
In theory, there is no difference between theory

Eduardo A. Salgado
OneDomain, Inc.
eas@OneDomain.com
0
Eduardo

TQrChart installation on delphi 2010 [Edit]
I've got some helpfull advices from Calvet on March of this year for TQRChart installation. A system crash made me lose all my installations docs. so i'm begging you guys to help me install again my tqrchart component. Thanks Edited by: Alexandre Sene on Sep 2, 2010 9:56 AM Edited by: Alexandre Sene on Sep 2, 2010 11:44 AM Thanks Guys. I had in a backup all files provided by mister Calvet. By compiling them every thing is back to normal So Thanks again to M. Narcis Calvet ...

Installation Delphi 2010 trial is not working
When I started install_RADStudio.exe, and selected the first item (Install Delphi and/or C++ Builder 2010), after the first two bar-dialogs (verifying, preparing), nothing happend. What's wrong? selmeci istvan wrote: > When I started install_RADStudio.exe, and selected the first item > (Install Delphi and/or C++ Builder 2010), after the first two > bar-dialogs (verifying, preparing), nothing happend. What's wrong? Just be patient. The installation is big, and it may take some time before it starts showing signs of activity. -- Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) http:...

Installing C++ 2010 after Delphi 2010
Hi Has anybody found the information about what happens when you install Delphi 2010 (on an XP SP3 machine) then a few weeks later install C++ Builder 2010, rather than install Rad Studio. Do you get two separate programs and use a lot of disk space or will they integrate together to be the equivalent to Rad Studio without Delphi Prism (which I do not need). Any information would be helpful. Richard > {quote:title=Richard Carey wrote:}{quote} > Hi > > Has anybody found the information about what happens when you install > Delphi 2010 (on an XP SP3 mac...

delphi rad studio 2010 installation language [Edit]
Hi There i got both english and french language installation selected but at the end of the software interface is in english .... my question is how do i switch the language of the rad studio 2010 to french ? Thanks Edited by: Pierre Auger on Jan 6, 2010 1:20 PM ...

Registration Error Installing Delphi 2010 on VMware 7 [Edit]
After installing D2010 on VMware Workstation 7.0.0 (not logged into domain, no internet connection) running Windows 7 32bit (latest updates), the message "Unable to register Embarcadero Delphi 2010: bdsreg.exe is invalid." immediately comes up. Tried with the original ISO connected to the VM and extracting the setup files onto the VM. If I then install update 4, the Delphi shortcut then takes me to the "tamper" web page. Does anyone have any information on this problem? Can't see why this setup shouldn't be allowed. Will now try with a fresh VM and install ...

[Solved] DLL not loading on PC without Delphi 2010 installed [Edit]
Hello I'm working on a project where I use LoadLibrary to load a DLL, and this works perfectly on every PC I tested, given that they have Delphi 2010. On PCs without Delphi 2010, the LoadLibrary function just return 0 as a value and doesn't load the DLL, without any particular error message. I tested on both PC's without any Delphi installed or with Delphi 2007 installed, the problem is the same. Anyone would have an idea on this ? Would there be a Delphi DLL or BPL necessary for the DLL dynamic load that I would be forgetting ? Edited by: Yoann Coldefy on Jul 13, 20...

Help installing .pas component in delphi 2010.... addressing error message [Edit]
I downloaded this component... http://www.torry.net/vcl/system/shell/shcmdint.zip ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Components > System > Shell TShellCommand Interface v.1.02 FWS 57 Kb 10 Jul 2000 By Ken Miles. A component that allows applications to interact with the Windows Explorer, open documents in an existing (single) instance of the application and respond to right mouse menu items for file types in the Windows Explorer. It can simply process the command line parame...

RDS 2010: Installing Delphi-Components
Hello again, I have again too many problems installing Delphi-Components:{code} 1.1 E2451 Undefined symbol 'NAN' Delphi, defined as NaN = 0.0 / 0.0; C++Builder header: static const Extended NaN = -NAN; Should be ... = -NaN, 1.2 E2451 Undefined symbol 'INF' Delphi, defined as Infinity = 1.0 / 0.0; C++Builder header: static const Extended NegInfinity = +INF; Should be ... = +Infinity, 1.3 E2451 Undefined symbol 'INF' Delphi, defined as NegInfinity = -1.0 / 0.0; C++Builder head...

Installed Delphi 2010 update 4, but About box shows update 1. Did I update? [Edit]
I ran the Delphi 2010 Update 4 from the start menu's Embarcadero RAD Studio 10 > Check for Updates. It seemed to go fine. Afterward, my copy of Delphi 2010 is still showing it has Update 1 in the About window. I tried rebooting, but it still shows Update 1. I'm running Windows Vista, with a Standard User account. How can I tell if the update really occurred? When I go to Embarcadero RAD Studio 10 > Check for Updates now, it doesn't show Update 4 as an option any more. Edited by: Chris Irwin on Dec 15, 2009 9:00 AM > {quote:title=Chris Irwin wrote:}{quot...

How I can install Delphi Prism XE Help contents in Visual studio 2010??? [Edit]
Hello, *How I can install Delphi Prism XE Help contents in Visual studio 2010???* thanx for your answers. Edited by: Shuhin Ashayeri on Jan 6, 2011 1:36 PM For some reason this entire thread, apart from the OP, has disappeared from my newsreader. Anyway, Carlo recommended using the Help Manager in VS2010 to uninstall the Prism help, and then install it again. (I won't repeat the whole procedure here.) I thought that would fix it, but it definitely hasn't. I tried the procedure with and without "Run as Administrator" for VS. I installed the Help Viewe...

Delphi 2010 help not installed?
I've recently installed Delphi 2010, but I cant go to Help. It says the RAD Studio help namespace is not defined... How do I install Help into Delphi 2010 ? thanks Chisolm Wilson wrote: > I've recently installed Delphi 2010, but I cant go to Help. It says > the RAD Studio help namespace is not defined... > > How do I install Help into Delphi 2010 ? if you download the ISO, and have the DVD just run the installer and you will see the second option to install Help. if you install online, go to http://cc.embarcadero.com/myreg and download the help se...

Web resources about - How do I specifiy the install drive for Delphi 2010 Architect Trial ? [Edit] - embarcadero.delphi.install

Architect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
An architect is a person who plans, designs, and oversees the construction of buildings . To practice architecture means to provide services ...

Architect - Wikipedia
An architect is a person trained and licensed to plan, design, and oversee the construction of buildings. To practice architecture means to provide ...

ObamaCare architect Ezekiel Emanuel says Australia heading for health showdown
ObamaCare architect Ezekiel Emanuel says Australia's health system is heading for a showdown.

Manhunt continues after Paris attacks architect killed
Search is on for French suspect Salah Abdeslam after key planner killed in operation.

CEO: Chief Brand Architect And Advocate
While the marketing department should have the skill sets necessary to create the brand’s identity, communicate its promise, increase its awareness ...

Blind architect drafts different blueprint for success
California architect Chris Downey lost his sight after having surgery to remove a tumor, but he hasn't lost his "vision"

Aziz Ansari on stereotypes: ‘Why can’t there be a Pradeep who’s an architect?’
... Indian guys are often typecast as convenience store owners and spiritual gurus. “ Why can’t there be a Pradeep just once who’s like an architect ...

Architect Jeanne Gang's vision expands from the skyscraper to the police station
... 10th Police District on the West Side might be the last place you'd expect to command the attention of the ever-more-prominent Chicago architect ...

Obamacare architect: Cut costs
Ezekiel Emanuel, a former health policy advisor, tells CNBC the plans offered on exchanges need to be more affordable.

Gene Amdahl, IBM mainframe architect then a rival, has died
Gene M. Amdahl, chief architect of IBM's System/360 mainframe and later the creator of the IBM plug-compatible mainframe vendor that bore his ...