I am moving from a very old Borland product (2006) to Delphi XE4 Professional with FireDAC addon.  I purchased both from Embarcadero, and have downloaded both.  The documentation says the FireDAC components should automagically appear in the tabset for Delphi.  They do not.  I don't want to fool around too much as my environment is strictly controlled by IT, and they are very slow to do anything.  Is there something that I should have done, but did not do?  I installed XE4 first, registered it, then used
the link in my email from Embarcadero to download the FireDAC components.  Then I ran the setup for FireDAC.

I do not see any changes to the XE4 environment.

Regards, Brad
0
brad

> {quote:title=brad vernon wrote:}{quote}
> I am moving from a very old Borland product (2006) to Delphi XE4 Professional with FireDAC addon.  I purchased both from Embarcadero, and have downloaded both.  The documentation says the FireDAC components should automagically appear in the tabset for Delphi.  They do not.  I don't want to fool around too much as my environment is strictly controlled by IT, and they are very slow to do anything.  Is there something that I should have done, but did not do?  I installed XE4 first, registered it, then use
d the link in my email from Embarcadero to download the FireDAC components.  Then I ran the setup for FireDAC.

> I do not see any changes to the XE4 environment.
>
> Regards, Brad

Resolved by reinstalling FireDAC.  Then I had to clean up the mess to search folders to get XE4 to find required files.
0
brad

FireDAC for Delphi Pro XE4
Hi, Being a Delphi Pro XE4 user with a valid FireDAC subscription, where can I download FireDAC for Delphi Pro XE4? Thanks, Luk Luk Smolders wrote: >Being a Delphi Pro XE4 user with a valid FireDAC subscription, where >can I download FireDAC for Delphi Pro XE4? I got mine from https://cc.embarcadero.com/item/29369 Cheers, Nick -- Sent from my XanaNews v1.19.1.373 > {quote:title=Nicholas Ring wrote:}{quote} > Luk Smolders wrote: > > >Being a Delphi Pro XE4 user with a valid FireDAC subscription, where > >can I download FireDAC for Delp...

FireDAC 8.0.3.3291 U1 (iOS) Delphi XE4 PRO
I own RAD Studio XE4 and after installing FireDAC 8.0.3.3291 Update 1 from here: ID 29410, FireDAC XE4 for RAD Studio Pro & Delphi Pro w/ Mobile - Update 1 http://cc.embarcadero.com/item/29410 .... I get this error ... "Can't load package C:\Users\UserXE4\Documents\RADStudio\11.0\Bpl\AnyDAC_Dcl_D18.bpl ..." The bpl is definitely not there and it look like the installer didn''t copied/compiled the dpk/bpl for RAD Studio IDE use .... Any hints/workarounds ? Hello Ciprian Please check AnyDAC*.bpl's in FireDAC\Dcu\D18\win32 folder. If the BPL's ar...

Firedac for Delphi XE Pro
Will the XE4 Client Server Pack for FireDac work properly with Delphi XE Professional? Will that provide the full Firedac functionality or is it limited? Is it dependent on functionality in the Enterprise product which is not in the Professional? And finally, will I have the license rights to market and sell the application I create? I understand it does not require dbexpress which has certain restrictions, correct? I would like to be able to evaluate it in an XE environment without upgrading everything just to try and work with it. Patrick Moloney wrote: > Will the XE4 Client Serve...

FireDac in Delphi XE5 Pro
Does FireDac in delphi xe5 Pro (without any add-ins) provide any useful functionality ? Based upon what I've read, it seems to offer an alternative (better)?) means to link to Access and MySQL when they are installed on the same PC. Pete K FireDAC does SQLite w/ encryption on Windows. Peter Kane wrote: > Does FireDac in delphi xe5 Pro (without any add-ins) provide any > useful functionality ? Based upon what I've read, it seems to offer > an alternative (better)?) means to link to Access and MySQL when they > are installed on the same PC. > > Pete...

Firedac: Delphi Pro vs Enterprise
If i understand correctly FIREDAC is present in both Pro and Enterprise version of Delphi but in the Pro version is possible to connect only to a DB server that is running in the same PC where the client is executed. Is it correct ? thanks Roberto Il 02/10/2014 16:44, roberto nicchi ha scritto: > If i understand correctly FIREDAC is present in both Pro and Enterprise > version of Delphi but in the Pro version is possible to connect only to > a DB server that is running in the same PC where the client is executed. > Is it correct ? > > thanks > Roberto &...

FireDac Delphi XE3 installation problem
Hi all, I have just purchased the FireDAC package and try to install the package. I tried to install AnyDAC_D7.bpg package to XE3 and I got this error message. Required package 'designdgm' not found. Can someone assist me about the problem? Thanks. > {quote:title=Cem Zafer Demirsoy wrote:}{quote} > Hi all, > I have just purchased the FireDAC package and try to install the package. I tried to install AnyDAC_D7.bpg package to XE3 and I got this error message. > Required package 'designdgm' not found. > Can someone assist me about the problem? > Thanks...

FireDac XE4 version with Delphi 2006
We recently purchase FireDac XE4 to use with Delphi 2006. After following the instructions for installing (with the /showide parameter) I got it installed fine but I'm unable to use it. If I simple place a TADConnection on a form, run it and close the app I get an exception: --------------------------- Debugger Exception Notification --------------------------- Project testfiredac.exe raised exception class EAccessViolation with message 'Access violation at address 0052D4CA in module 'testfiredac.exe'. Read of address 000000D0'. --------------------------- Break C...

FireDac Update 1 on Delphi XE4
Ok, I was able to download FireDac on our Mac and at home, so it seems that I can't download update 1 on our regular computers. However, am I mistaken when I say that there is no way to install the new FireDac update into Delphi XE4? If you use the showide parameter, Delphi XE4 will not show up. Thanks > {quote:title=Phillip Woon wrote:}{quote} > Ok, I was able to download FireDac on our Mac and at home, so it seems that I can't download update 1 on our regular computers. > > However, am I mistaken when I say that there is no way to install the new FireDac upd...

Delphi XE4 Pro FMX not installed
Hi, On WinXP, after upgrading from Delphi XE3 Pro to XE4 Pro, I noticed the standard FireMonkey components were not installed (Checkbox unchecked under Component |Install packages). After running the setup again and tried to Modify or Repair, I get popup dialog with the message "Invalid Serial Number". I followed the steps (without solving the problem) in the article "Getting "Invalid serial number" on XE4 modification" on the web page: http://support.embarcadero.com/article/43089 I also noticed (in the folder C:\Documents and Settings\All ...

Where found Firedac Trial for Delphi Xe4 Trial
In Delphi Xe4 Trial not have Firedac. Where found Firedac Trial for Test? > Where found Firedac Trial for Test? "There is not a trial available" according to: http://www.embarcadero.com/products/rad-studio/firedac-faq -- With best regards, Dmitry Arefiev / FireDAC Architect FireDAC - Firebird, SQLite, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, DB2, SQL Anywhere, Access, Informix, ODBC high-speed data access lib ...

Delphi 5 to Delphi XE4

Firedac Error installing on RAD XE4 pro [Edit]
On the build process, iget this error Packages\AnyDAC_PhysTDBX_D18.dpk(41) Fatal: E2202 Required package 'DataSnapComm on' not found Datasnap not in pro version, i remeber how Dmitry complains about this errors when that was anydac. ;) Dmitry, may i use same solution i used in the past? Touch by hand inc files? Edited by: german gentile on May 20, 2013 10:33 AM Hello German You can try to apply QI1 from: http://docs.embarcadero.com/products/rad_studio/firedac/Installation.html This issue should be resolved in 8.0.1. If not, then it is resolved in 8.0.3. -- ...

Where can I find a Delphi XE4 FireDac SQLite for IOS?
Where can I find a good example of using Delphi XE4 FireDac SQLite for IOS? I am unable to use append and edit without getting strange data corruptions. An append is overwriting the last appended or editted record and then all other records are corrupted with foreign characters. Just need a good solid example to get started. Create the database and tables on the device. Do not want to use inserts or updates. Want to use the append, edit, and delete functionality from the client dataset components. Maintain storage on device. Strange that no SQLite examples with IOS are with s...

Firedac memtable included wih delphi XE5 Pro?
Hello, is the firedac memtable included with the Delphi XE5 pro sku? Mike Margerum wrote: > Hello, is the firedac memtable included with the Delphi XE5 pro sku? According to the feature matrix: http://www.embarcadero.com/products/delphi/delphi-feature-matrix Yes. -- Dave Nottage [TeamB] Thank you dave. I couldn't find that feature matrix. ...

Web resources about - FireDAC and Delphi Pro XE4... firedac tab not visible? - embarcadero.delphi.install

Visible spectrum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In terms of frequency, this corresponds to a band in the vicinity of 400–790 THz . A light-adapted eye generally has its maximum sensitivity ...

Facebook Events Can Be Made Visible To Friends
Facebook quietly tweaked its event-creation process again, adding the option of making events visible to friends, which joined the pre-existing ...

Facebook Increases Number of Visible Tab Apps on Pages, Changes Tab Reordering
Facebook has increased the number of tab applications that are visible above the fold in the navigation menu of Facebook Pages. It also now only ...

Visible ACL on the App Store on iTunes
Get Visible ACL on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Large Magellanic Cloud and Small Magellanic Cloud in visible light - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
This visible light mosaic shows the Large Magellanic Cloud and Small Magellanic Cloud. Separated by about 21 degrees, the two galaxies are readily ...

From Invisible to Visible - Maria Hinojosa - TEDxPennsylvaniaAvenue - YouTube
How can including diverse and inclusive images in the media inspire individuals - and even entire communities - to work together to strengthen ...

Still visible after 40 years, the last footprints on the Moon
Images taken by Nasa's Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter from between 21 and 24 kilometres up show the astronauts' paths when they walked on the Moon ...

Australia's Asian-ness is barely visible
Australia's Asian-ness is barely visible

Cebu Pacific Airlines' new holiday advertisement is only visible when it rains
... advertisement that only appears when it's raining. A budget Philippine airline has launched a novel holiday advertisement that is only visible ...

NASA: Meteor slams into Moon, causes explosion visible to naked eye on Earth
A MASSIVE explosion from a meteor which crashed into the Moon was visible to the naked eye on Earth, NASA says.