E2202 Required package 'rtl' not found -- D2009 can you help please

Have reinstalled D2009 on a fresh PC after hard disk failure and now cannot compile any package at all, always get the above error message. Feel stupid as I've been programing in Turbo Pascal, Borland Pascal and Delphi every day apart from holidays since the mid 80s but cannot think what to do and cannot find out via the Help. I have tried putting "C:\Program Files\CodeGear\RAD Studio\6.0\lib" into Environment Options | Delphi Options | Library- Win32 | DCP output directory, to no avail.
Any help mighty welcome! Thanks -- Mike
0
Anonymous

> {quote:title=Michael Scott wrote:}{quote}
> Have reinstalled D2009 on a fresh PC after hard disk failure and now cannot compile any package at all, always get the above error message. Feel stupid as I've been programing in Turbo Pascal, Borland Pascal and Delphi every day apart from holidays since the mid 80s but cannot think what to do and cannot find out via the Help. I have tried putting "C:\Program Files\CodeGear\RAD Studio\6.0\lib" into Environment Options | Delphi Options | Library- Win32 | DCP output directory, to no avail.
> Any help mighty welcome! Thanks -- Mike

Hello Michael,

I normally use the command line compiler dcc32.exe instead of the IDE, so I am no expert in the IDE at all but, I think I can give you an idea that might help.   When dcc32 can't find things for me, I normally make a copy of the file it is looking for in my source directory (which is where I compile from), this guarantees that dcc32 will find the file.   More often than not, another problem pops up which is closer to what the real problem was in the first place.

In your case, rtl.dcp is in the lib directory which is searched by default (sort of, as long as your library path includes the default $(BDS)\lib string), therefore it is likely that there is something else causing the problem.

Just in case, I have multiple versions of Delphi installed and I have to watch out for the path that applications will see.   To see the path that every app is using, start cmd.exe and type "path".   You might find something there that may be causing the problem.

All of the above are just guesses, from what you mentioned in your post, Delphi should be able to find the rtl.dcp - unless there is something that isn't the way it seems.

HTH.
0
private
3/12/2009 7:06:48 AM
> {quote:title=Guest wrote:}{quote}
> Have reinstalled D2009 on a fresh PC after hard disk failure and now cannot compile any package at all, always get the above error message. Feel stupid as I've been programing in Turbo Pascal, Borland Pascal and Delphi every day apart from holidays since the mid 80s but cannot think what to do and cannot find out via the Help. I have tried putting "C:\Program Files\CodeGear\RAD Studio\6.0\lib" into Environment Options | Delphi Options | Library- Win32 | DCP output directory, to no avail.
> Any help mighty welcome! Thanks -- Mike

Not sure if this is your problem but it fixed mine. If you look in your <drive:>\Program Files\CodeGear\RAD Studio\5.0\bin , you will see a dcc32.cfg, open this file and confirm that the second line correctly points to your installation lib files.
0
Ned

Trying to upgrade Indy10, E2202 Required package 'rtl' not found
Hi I open IndySystem120.dpk It tells me that it will upgrade from 2007 I say ok. In project manager I now have IndySystem120 bpl I right-click that and chose compile, but I get a fatal error: [DCC Fatal Error] IndySystem120.dpk(30): E2202 Required package 'rtl' not found $(BDS)\lib;$(BDSUSERDIR)\Imports;$(BDS)\Imports; $(BDS)\Lib\Indy10;$(BDSCOMMONDIR)\Dcp; Is the first part of the search path I can see when I want to add a file and I know that rtl.dcp is in $(BDS)\lib This is in my registry: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CodeGear\BDS\6.0] "RootDir"...

"E2202 Required package 'rtl' not found" Error with XE2.
So I installed XE2, and all of the 3rd party component automated installs worked fine. But when I try to manually install other 3rd party components (that don't have an automated installer), I get the "E2202 Required package 'rtl' not found" error. I have tried uninstalling XE2, reinstalling, repairing, modifying, etc. but still get the same error message. Any ideas? Steve Problem solved. I found that the following paths were missing from the library path: * d:\delphixe2\lib\win32\debug * d:\delphixe2\lib\win32\release * d:\delphixe2\lib\win64\debug * d:...

E2202 Required package 'designide' not found
I am trying to import into XE5 an ActiveX control previously used in D6. When the .bpl is installed the build fails and the message ' [dcc32] E2202 Required package 'designide' not found' is displayed. Any ideas? Phil Sanfilippo wrote: > I am trying to import into XE5 an ActiveX control previously used in D6. When the .bpl is installed the build fails and the message ' [dcc32] E2202 Required package 'designide' not found' is displayed. Any ideas? The D6 code is incorrectly pulling in design time code. You need to segregate the design time code in...

Error E2202 Required Package 'vcl50' not found
Hi, the problem is with DELPHI XE im trying to install the component IBOQUERY with the package IBO40ART.dpk but when i did COMPILE, pop the error. i work with delphi 2007 and i installed a lot of packages and components and is so easy but in DELPHI XE is a big deal ... how can i install the vcl50 to install the compent ... or where i can downloaded ... thx for your time. Miguel Guzman wrote: > Hi, the problem is with DELPHI XE im trying to install the component > IBOQUERY with the package IBO40ART.dpk but when i did COMPILE, pop > the error. i work with delphi 2007 and i instal...

Again with the 'reset' and 'can't be found' stuff...
Name: William Jones Email: jbillyjonesatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Again with the 'reset' and 'can't be found' stuff... Comments: Hello Again FireFox, Listen...I'm just a simple guy, a 'dial-up baby boomer' who's had to learn the hard way all the way through. I recently sent a similar e-mail requesting assistance with this ridiculous and incessant 'pop up' that informs me that 'my connection has been reset', and/or, 'a problem locating page'....huh? I was just on the damn thing and even switching from one ...

[DCC Fatal Error] E2202 Required package 'Vcl50' not found
I am trying to compile a project that was coded in Delphi 5 using Delphi XE. I get that error even though I select "Build with runtime packages" which includes Vcl50. Karthik K wrote: > I am trying to compile a project that was coded in Delphi 5 using > Delphi XE. I get that error even though I select "Build with runtime > packages" which includes Vcl50. A project compiled in XE should be using the current VCL package, not vcl50.bpl which only works with Delphi 5. -- -Mike (TeamB) On 6/11/2010 7:17 AM, Karthik K wrote: > I am trying to compile...

''''''''''''''''''''

XE5/7 Fatal Error E2202 Required package 'IPIndyImpl' not found
This compile time error (Fatal Error E2202 Required package 'IPIndyImpl' not found) occurs only in XE6/7 (Enterprise) but not in XE2. I've looked over all the code and there all no calls to Indy components (nor to any Web-related components/methods/properties). How can I go about tracing the source of this error? Thank you, Larry X ...

Can't continue from an 'inputquery' statement... please help!
This must be related to my other thread. I'm trying to use an 'inputquery' control, and while the inputquery box appears, I can't go past it... it's unresponsive to clicking on 'OK', 'cancel', or even the red x... the program simply won't proceed. I have the SAME problem with using the 'showmessage' function: it gets hung up, and clicking the 'OK' does nothing, it stays there.... I'm just starting the conversion of some Delphi 5 programs to Delphi XE, and I can't seem to get out of the starting block here... can anyone help? ...

'''''

Please HELP !! Compiler Error Message: BC30466: Namespace or type 'HelloWorldobj' for the Imports 'HelloWorldobj' cannot be found. (New ASP.net user)
Hi, i have created a class called "HelloWorldobj.dll". Yes, i compiled it with VBC.exe. And, no compilation error shown. I have read an article on teaching people to run custome namespace/classes. It said that we can just create a folder called "bin" inside the web application folder, and put all the classes / calss file inside this "bin" folder. Then, inside our code, what we need to do is just : <%@ Import Namespace="HelloWorldobj" %> .... .... But, it can't work here!!! why? Error msg : Compilation Error Description: ...

(newbie) Installation completed... but can't login with 'host' or 'admin'
Can't do the first step after completing installation: login with default host or admin accounts. What and where should I modify? I did the installation by the book (by the video tutorial, to be precise ;) and got stuck here, since whatever I try, I cannot access the host or admin account. Thanks in advance. If you can't login with host/host or admin/admin, it appears that your installation failed!I would start the process over by doing the following:1.   Delete the instance of DNN created in SQL server.2.   Delete the existing DNN files in the folder yo...

Can't catch 'Post size exceeded allowed limits.' Please help with configuration.
Hello,I am unable to catch the error caused by an attempt to post data larger than httpRuntime maxRequestLength. I have searched far and wide, and read posts here and elsewhere with suggested solutions including http://www.developer.com/db/article.php/10920_3426051_2Unfortunately, these do not work for me. I am unable to catch the error in Application_Error, Page_Error or anywhere else. After submitting the form with a large file, IIS drops the connection and these subs are never entered. The only thing I get is a warning in my event log: Event code: 3004 Event message: Post size exceed...

help! why i can not use ' out parameter' in 'oracle procedure'
i compile and execute the procedure in sqlplus(oracle tools) but i can not use it in powerbuilder. foe example: the procedure is : CREATE or replace PROCEDURE spm1 (dept varchar2 ,mgr_name out varchar2) IS lutype varchar2(10); BEGIN mgr_name:=dept||'out end'; END; the powerbuilder scipt is : DECLARE gg PROCEDURE FOR SPM1 (:dept1); execute gg; messagebox("",string(sqlca.sqlcode)+sqlca.sqlerrtext) i get error,and the error is : pls:00306. and oracle document explain the error is : PLS-00306: wrong number or t...

Can you help with ? 'DBNull' to type 'String' is not valid
If have a 'Null' value in the 'accommtype' field I get an error: System.InvalidCastException: Cast from type 'DBNull' to type 'String' is not valid I have tried using: If IsDBNull(value) Then Return "" without success. Does anyone know how this can be handled? <%@ Page Language="vb" %> <%@ import Namespace="System.Data" %> <%@ import Namespace="System.Data.SQLClient" %> <script runat="server"> Dim intWdth, intcustomerid as integer Dim straccomname1, straccommtype, strTitle as string ...

Web resources about - E2202 Required package 'rtl' not found -- D2009 can you help please - embarcadero.delphi.install