E2010 Incompatible types: 'System.TArray<System.Byte>' and 'string'

Hi ..

I am getting incompatible types when compiling my program on XE6(Upgrade from Delphi 5 code)

  C:=Compare(FList[I], Item);\

FList is a TStringList and Item is a TByte

Please assist in converting TByte to a TStringList or vice versa.

Regards,
Doreen
0
DOREEN

> Please assist in converting TByte to a TStringList or vice versa.
You meant TBytes to String.
You can use StringOf() but maybe it will be better to use TEncoding and convert exactly how you want. For example TEncoding.ASCII.GetString()

Best regards,
Cristian Peta
0
Cristian

Web resources about - E2010 Incompatible types: 'System.TArray<System.Byte>' and 'string' - embarcadero.delphi.install