Does Delphi 2006 install and run on Windows 7?

I use Delphi 2006, and am thinking of getting a new HP notebook. (I bought Dephi 2009, but don't use it, since my apps don't compile/run as the strings are all screwed up, with the move to 2 byte UTF16 strings)

Does Delphi 2006 install and run OK on Windows 7?

It looks likey they are pre-installng 64 bit Windows 7 on most of their PC's. I'm assuming that 64-bit Windows 7 won't work with Delphi 2006, and I'll need to install 32 bit Windows 7 - is that correct?
0
Peter

It will probably work for the mere fact that 32 bit applications work on
64 bit OS's. However, it is certainly not tested.

Peter Gannon wrote:
> I use Delphi 2006, and am thinking of getting a new HP notebook. (I bought Dephi 2009, but don't use it, since my apps don't compile/run as the strings are all screwed up, with the move to 2 byte UTF16 strings)
>
> Does Delphi 2006 install and run OK on Windows 7?
>
> It looks likey they are pre-installng 64 bit Windows 7 on most of their PC's. I'm assuming that 64-bit Windows 7 won't work with Delphi 2006, and I'll need to install 32 bit Windows 7 - is that correct?
0
quinn

Install Update 2 for delphi 2006 on windows 7
Hallo I changed the computer and I have reinstalled the delphi 2006 development studio. Now I woud like apply the last update, Update 2 but I have a problem. The bds2006_en_pro_upd2.exe report the followed error: Sutup Cannot continue. This is Update 2 setup for Borland Development studio 2006 professional edition. Please cancel this and install Edition of Upadte 2. I used this patch on windows xp on the same version of delphi and works fine. I think that the problem is compatibility of windows 7 x64,is there someone that know the solution for apply the update on W7? Th...

DelphiSPeedup for Delphi 2006 wn't install on Windows 7 .-(
Moving Delphi development from my old XP laptop to my new Windows 7 based laptop, I got problem setting up Andreas Hausladen's DelphiSpeedup for Delphi 2006. Registration of it gives error Cannot register DelphiSpeedupLoader.bpl (The file mentioned in folder is named DelphiSpeedupLoader10.bpl so no wonder the registration fails.) Is there an error in installer trying to register wrong file? The file trying to be installed was just downloaded from Hausladen's homepage. On 18.01.2013 12:30, Alf Christophersen wrote: > Moving Delphi development from my old X...

Install Delphi 2010 Ent in Windows XP or Windows 7
What operating system would you recommend installing and using Delphi 2010 Enterprise in? Windows XP or Windows 7 32 bit or 64 bit. And why? Thanks Greg Saunders wrote: > What operating system would you recommend installing and using Delphi > 2010 Enterprise in? > > Windows XP or Windows 7 Windows 7. > > 32 bit or 64 bit. 32 bit. > > And why? Windows 7 is a lot supperior and more stable than windows XP, also it recognizes more than 3 GB of RAM. Delphi 2010 supports Windows 7 Libraries, you can take advantage of this in yo...

Installation of Delphi 7 onto Windows 7 64 bit platform.
Hello, I am attempting to install Delphi 7 onto Windows 7, 64 bits, and keep getting the message: " Unable to rename C:\Program Files (x86)\Borland\Delphi7\Bin\delphi32.$$$ to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Borland\Delphi7\Bin\delphi32.dro' ". How do I get around this error, or is it even possible? Thank you very much in advance. John Shyer John Shyer wrote: >Hello, > >I am attempting to install Delphi 7 onto Windows 7, 64 bits, and keep >getting the message: " Unable to rename C:\Program Files >(x86)\Borland\Delphi7\Bin\delphi32.$$$ to '...

Does Delphi 2006 run under Windows 7 Home Premium?
I have to buy a new development machine. I am still running XP, but now I will have to start using Windows7. Can somebody please confirm that Delphi 2006 will run under Windows 7 Home Premium? Thanks, Bart -- Bart Kindt / SARTrack Limited New Zealand www.sartrack.co.nz Yes it will, but there is a trick to it. Do not install it in the Program Files Directory. Install it in c:\D2006 or something like that. D2006 tries to write to the dir it is intalled in, which it wont be able to do if it is installed in Program Files on Win 7. Also If you do anything with BDE (an...

How Can I install Delphi 3 on 64bit Windows 7
Is there an installer available for Delphi 3 for 64 bit windows 7? I have a legacy application that I need to be able to support. When I attempted to run the install from the CD, I get a message that the setup.exe is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Contact the publisher for the correct version. I can run it in a virtual PC, but I am trying to avoid this, as it is extremely slow. Upgrading to a newer version of delphi is out of the question- I need the actual version that is running at my customers sites to debug issues. You can try to install it on window...

Installing Delphi 2006 Pro under Windows 8...is this possible?
I would like to get a new Win 8 laptop, and install Delphi 2006 on it, so that I can compile, debug, and run 32-bit apps. However, I've heard that the installation will not work, and that Win 8 won't run it, and will issue a message saying that it's not compatible. I am wondering if there is any way of installing Delphi 2006 on a Windows 8 machine. If there is a way, let me know. Thanks. On 17/06/2013 19:00, Jeff Yankauer wrote: > I would like to get a new Win 8 laptop, and install Delphi 2006 on it, so that I can compile, debug, and run 32-bit apps. However, I've h...

Still stuck with Delphi 2010 installation on Windows 7...
For about one month now, I try to install Delphi 2010 without success on Windows 7. - I'm on a final Windows 7 Build (US version). - Delphi 2010 with a network slip file (All_access server) - I launched setup as administrator. At the end of the setup, I got an error telling me that db_pack didn't install correctly and to launch it separaterly. When I launch dbpack_setup separately, there is no error. - I tried on a new user, (domain user, local user, ...) same problem. - I tried to launch Delphi setup and dbpack_setup with a log file ( /l=c:\mylo.log ) but the logs conta...

Installing JCL with Delphi 6 on Windows 7
Hi, I'm trying to install JCL with Delphi 6 on Windows 7, but it fails with the message "unable to execute bin\JediInstaller.exe here's a screen shot so you can see what went before the error: [IMG]http://i56.tinypic.com/ncnkud.jpg[/IMG] So, I double clicked on the exe directly which fired up ok, but I guess there'll be something missing that is done by the MAKE lines, I get an error shown. I tried setting the exe to give users full permissions (my account is an admin account on the box anyway), but I got the same error message displayed. Am I missing something...

How to install Delphi 4 on Windows 7 (32-bit) OS?
How to install Delphi 4 on Windows 7 (32-bit) OS? -- Thanks, Nilesh (Delphi Developer) > How to install Delphi 4 on Windows 7 (32-bit) OS? > > -- > Thanks, > Nilesh (Delphi Developer) Exactly the same as any other OS! I recommend installing to: C:\Tools\Delphi4 where C:\Tools\ has been created with a security setting of Everyone, Full control. This assumes you are the only user of that PC. This works on my Windows-7/64 system. Be aware that multiple Delphis should be installed in increasing version number, so Delphi 5 after Delphi 4 and so on. ...

Problem installing help with Delphi/CBuilder 2010 on Windows 7
I am having an issue with the help system with Delphi and CBuilder 2010. I'm running Windows 7 64bit and each time I hit the help icon in the IDE I get the following error message: "The Microsoft Document Explorer is not installed and the help system will not function. Please re-install our documentation." I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times but still have this error message. I'm not sure what else there is for me to do. Does anyone have any clue as to how to resolve this problem? Thanks Tribble Carter wrote: > I am having an issue with the h...

Can I safely install Turbo Delphi 2006 .NET on top of Delphi 2005 (Win 32)
I have a Delphi 2005 Win32 installation. When I originally installed it I had no need for the .NET Framework. Now I would like to learn the .NET framework. Going back to the Delphi 2005 install disk and trying to install the . NET Framework has not been succesful. Can I install the Turbo Delphi 2006 .NET Framework and have it co-exist nicely with my existing Delphi 2005 Win32 system? Thank you. ...

Web resources about - Does Delphi 2006 install and run on Windows 7? - embarcadero.delphi.install

Can Facebook Advertisers Test Mobile App Install Ads On Their Devices?
Some Facebook advertisers are now able to preview their mobile application install ads directly on their mobile devices, complete with active ...

New Features to Mobile App Install Ads
Today we are happy to announce some updates to mobile app install ads to improve the experience people and developers have when viewing and creating ...

Facebook tries new designs for mobile page-Like and app install ads
Facebook began testing new designs for its mobile app install ads and page post ads this weekend. Following an update for Facebook for iOS, ...

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Drives Installs of Star Wars Apps
... Wars: The Force Awakens in theaters on downloads of Star Wars-themed apps on iOS and Android. AppsFlyer analyzed over one million app installs ...

How 'fake' video downloads can install malware
It’s been a common Windows malware trick for years: you download some dubious video, it claims it won’t play unless you install a "codec", but ...

How to install iOS 9.3 and get Night Shift on your iPhone without a developer account
... as earth-shattering either, but there's little question that they have users excited. And as has been the case in the past, you can install ...

Atelier 37.2 installs wooden bathroom inside Paris apartment
Paris studio Atelier 37.2 has added a multifaceted wooden volume to an apartment in the French capital to house two shower rooms

Android users will be able to install apps directly from search
... for apps on their respective mobile platforms, the main results appear on top inside their own panels. That makes them easy enough to install, ...