Does anyone know if Delphi 8 Pro Upgrade (HDB1380WWCS181) contains Delphi 7?

Hello Delphi Community,

Does anyone know if Delphi 8 Pro Upgrade (HDB1380WWCS181) contains Delphi 7?

Thank you,
Dean Atteberry.
0
Dean

Dean Atteberry wrote:

> Does anyone know if Delphi 8 Pro Upgrade (HDB1380WWCS181) contains Delphi 7?

Unlikely - my Delphi 8 Architect Upgrade did not.

Eric
0
Eric
12/29/2009 5:11:20 PM
> {quote:title=Dean Atteberry wrote:}{quote}
> Does anyone know if Delphi 8 Pro Upgrade (HDB1380WWCS181) contains Delphi 7?

It did when it was originally released (actually, Delphi 7.1). I don't know if it still does, however.

(The only reason we bought Delphi 8 was that we needed an additional license for D7.)
0
Ken
12/29/2009 5:48:24 PM
> {quote:title=Eric Thorniley wrote:}{quote}
> Unlikely - my Delphi 8 Architect Upgrade did not.

Hmmm. This must be the only time that Pro came with something that Architect didn't then, because I'm sitting looking at my D8 Pro Upgrade, which came on a card containing 3 CDs for D8 and had an additional card to hold the 3 D7.1 CDs as well. (IIRC, D7 was provided because D8 was .NET only, and they needed some way to allow Win32 development. Delphi for .NET was added to RAD Studio with the next version (D2005) to make the dual version distribution unnecessary.)
0
Ken
12/29/2009 5:52:17 PM
Ken White wrote:

> Hmmm. This must be the only time that Pro came with something that
> Architect didn't then, because I'm sitting looking at my D8 Pro Upgrade,
> which came on a card containing 3 CDs for D8 and had an additional card to
> hold the 3 D7.1 CDs as well. (IIRC, D7 was provided because D8 was .NET
> only, and they needed some way to allow Win32 development. Delphi for .NET
> was added to RAD Studio with the next version (D2005) to make the dual
> version distribution unnecessary.)

Maybe the upgrade from D7 was cheaper and did not include it - I certainly
only have one set of D7 disks (in their individual plastic boxes, with the
..Net preview version included). There are no D7 product keys in my D8
package, and there is no card for D7 disks - just extra cards for SQL Server,
DB2 and StarTeam.

Eric
0
Eric
12/29/2009 8:10:33 PM
Ken White wrote:

> Hmmm. This must be the only time that Pro came with something that
> Architect didn't then, because I'm sitting looking at my D8 Pro Upgrade,

The feature matrix is still available!

http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/images/31887/delphi8_fm.pdf

It includes D7, but with an asterisk saying "Existing owners of Delphi 7 have
a special upgrade offer". I guess that is what I used - and so did not get
another copy of D7.

Eric
0
Eric
12/29/2009 8:39:15 PM
> {quote:title=Eric Thorniley wrote:}{quote}
> The feature matrix is still available!

Why? :-) I would have hidden that long ago.

> It includes D7, but with an asterisk saying "Existing owners of Delphi 7 have
> a special upgrade offer". I guess that is what I used - and so did not get
> another copy of D7.

That may be it.
0
Ken
12/30/2009 1:49:44 PM
Dean Atteberry wrote:
> Does anyone know if Delphi 8 Pro Upgrade (HDB1380WWCS181) contains
> Delphi 7?

HDB1380GECS180 contains it. It's the German Delphi 8 Pro Upgrade and
AFAIR a special short time offer/bundle before BDS2005 came out.

--
Arno Garrels
0

Web resources about - Does anyone know if Delphi 8 Pro Upgrade (HDB1380WWCS181) contains Delphi 7? - embarcadero.delphi.install