Delphi XE5 - Cannot compile any mobile projects. Other projects compiles OK

Hi :-)

Installed Delphi XE5 (RAD Studio Enterprise) and used it for a while.
Then I changed the installation and added the mobile parts to do mobile Application Development.

Installation gave no errors and I can start the Android emulator and I see my mobile phone Connects fine and becomes an available target.

When starting a New blank (or any other) mobile Project I can not compile. Get the same error every time. Even when doing nothing at all before compiling.

[DCC Fatal Error] Project1.dpr(1): F1027 Unit not found: 'System.pas' or binary equivalents (.dcu/.o)

Cannot resolve unit name "'system.startupcopy" and a a few other units.

Any suggestions?

Jorgen
0
Jorgen

Look for a system environment variable named platform. If you have it,
remove it and restart the IDE. This is common on HP computers. The only
purpose I have found for the platform variable to confound products that
use MSBuild.

Restart the IDE with the -r switch as shown here:
http://support.embarcadero.com/article/42597

Jorgen Lanesskog wrote:
> Hi :-)
>
> Installed Delphi XE5 (RAD Studio Enterprise) and used it for a while.
> Then I changed the installation and added the mobile parts to do mobile Application Development.
>
> Installation gave no errors and I can start the Android emulator and I see my mobile phone Connects fine and becomes an available target.
>
> When starting a New blank (or any other) mobile Project I can not compile. Get the same error every time. Even when doing nothing at all before compiling.
>
> [DCC Fatal Error] Project1.dpr(1): F1027 Unit not found: 'System.pas' or binary equivalents (.dcu/.o)
>
> Cannot resolve unit name "'system.startupcopy" and a a few other units.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Jorgen

0
quinn
4/4/2014 2:59:22 PM
Thank you for Your reply :-)

I did not find the Platform variable.. it's not there :-)

Tried starting the IDE With the -r switch With the same result...

Best regards,

Jorgen

> {quote:title=quinn wildman wrote:}{quote}
> Look for a system environment variable named platform. If you have it,
> remove it and restart the IDE. This is common on HP computers. The only
> purpose I have found for the platform variable to confound products that
> use MSBuild.
>
> Restart the IDE with the -r switch as shown here:
> http://support.embarcadero.com/article/42597
>
> Jorgen Lanesskog wrote:
> > Hi :-)
> >
> > Installed Delphi XE5 (RAD Studio Enterprise) and used it for a while.
> > Then I changed the installation and added the mobile parts to do mobile Application Development.
> >
> > Installation gave no errors and I can start the Android emulator and I see my mobile phone Connects fine and becomes an available target.
> >
> > When starting a New blank (or any other) mobile Project I can not compile. Get the same error every time. Even when doing nothing at all before compiling.
> >
> > [DCC Fatal Error] Project1.dpr(1): F1027 Unit not found: 'System.pas' or binary equivalents (.dcu/.o)
> >
> > Cannot resolve unit name "'system.startupcopy" and a a few other units.
> >
> > Any suggestions?
> >
> > Jorgen

0
Jorgen
4/4/2014 3:40:04 PM
I was wrong... The -r switch helped a lot :-)

Thank you !

> {quote:title=Jorgen Lanesskog wrote:}{quote}
> Thank you for Your reply :-)
>
> I did not find the Platform variable.. it's not there :-)
>
> Tried starting the IDE With the -r switch With the same result...
>

> Best regards,
>
> Jorgen
>

> > {quote:title=quinn wildman wrote:}{quote}
> > Look for a system environment variable named platform. If you have it,
> > remove it and restart the IDE. This is common on HP computers. The only
> > purpose I have found for the platform variable to confound products that
> > use MSBuild.
> >
> > Restart the IDE with the -r switch as shown here:
> > http://support.embarcadero.com/article/42597
> >
> > Jorgen Lanesskog wrote:
> > > Hi :-)
> > >
> > > Installed Delphi XE5 (RAD Studio Enterprise) and used it for a while.
> > > Then I changed the installation and added the mobile parts to do mobile Application Development.
> > >
> > > Installation gave no errors and I can start the Android emulator and I see my mobile phone Connects fine and becomes an available target.
> > >
> > > When starting a New blank (or any other) mobile Project I can not compile. Get the same error every time. Even when doing nothing at all before compiling.
> > >
> > > [DCC Fatal Error] Project1.dpr(1): F1027 Unit not found: 'System.pas' or binary equivalents (.dcu/.o)
> > >
> > > Cannot resolve unit name "'system.startupcopy" and a a few other units.
> > >
> > > Any suggestions?
> > >
> > > Jorgen

0
Jorgen
4/4/2014 3:46:01 PM
Thank you !

It worked out fint With the -r switch :-)

> {quote:title=quinn wildman wrote:}{quote}
> Look for a system environment variable named platform. If you have it,
> remove it and restart the IDE. This is common on HP computers. The only
> purpose I have found for the platform variable to confound products that
> use MSBuild.
>
> Restart the IDE with the -r switch as shown here:
> http://support.embarcadero.com/article/42597
>
> Jorgen Lanesskog wrote:
> > Hi :-)
> >
> > Installed Delphi XE5 (RAD Studio Enterprise) and used it for a while.
> > Then I changed the installation and added the mobile parts to do mobile Application Development.
> >
> > Installation gave no errors and I can start the Android emulator and I see my mobile phone Connects fine and becomes an available target.
> >
> > When starting a New blank (or any other) mobile Project I can not compile. Get the same error every time. Even when doing nothing at all before compiling.
> >
> > [DCC Fatal Error] Project1.dpr(1): F1027 Unit not found: 'System.pas' or binary equivalents (.dcu/.o)
> >
> > Cannot resolve unit name "'system.startupcopy" and a a few other units.
> >
> > Any suggestions?
> >
> > Jorgen

0
Jorgen

LA51 Error when compiling mixed Delphi C++ project in XE5
By mistake posted to the wrong forum, so here i go again... Whenever I have made any changes to a Delphi file in a RAD Studio XE5 C++ project, which also includes a number of Delphi units, the following compile immediately fails with an error LA51. At this point the editor jumps to the last line (end.) in a random Delphi file, it seems to have no connection to whatever I changed before I hit Ctrl-F9 and that file is never one that got edited. If I at this point just repeat the compile command it works fine. Why is this happening? Do I have an error in the project configuration or ...

Mixed project C++/Delphi compiles all C++ files (XE5)
I just wonder if I am doing something wrong, but it seems like XE5 compiles too many files all the time... If I make a small change in one of the Delphi units in my mixed project and then want to check it out so I hit debug run (F9), then instead of just compiling the Delphi unit and link it all, XE5 always builds the complete project, which takes a good minute or more. The change could be as small as making a line break after a then statement, which does not even need to be recompiled since there is no active code change... Debugging in this environment makes me nervous, I am forge...

Delphi XE5 : Random E2213 Compiler error when building all projects [Edit]
Hi, I have a group of 31 packages and 11 projects. Most of them are depending of previous packages. Packages are "build explicitly". They have been designed under Delphi 7 and recently updated for Delphi XE5. Each package and project compile and execute fine. Sometimes, when i do "Build all" or "Compile all", compiler stops on error "E2213 Bad packaged unit format". This error come after building about 10 or 20 packages but never on the same project. Moreover, the unit having a bad format is different everytime. The "found version" is als...

Delphi 2010 and Delphi XE5 shuts down when opening projects
Over the last week I have found it increasingly difficult to open projects. Even really simple projects, some more complex. For example if start Delphi 2010 Enterprise Edition. I see the list of recently opened projects. I then click on a simple existing project, I get a hour glass for about a second and then Delphi IDE has gone. In the windows task manager, there are now no applications running. I have not changed the installation, being using Delphi 2010 enterprise on the same computer for a few years. I'm not a full time developer, but do internal development of our compa...

Debugging DLL compiled with Delphi 7 in Delphi XE5
Dear Sirs/Madams, We are considering changing from Delphi 7 to Delphi XE5. Our project consists of a dll and an .exe file. I have begun converting the .exe file to Delphi XE5 and have successfully accessed the DLL compiled with Delphi 7. When I debug the DLL (using the "run parameters" and changing "host application" to the .exe file) in Delphi 7 I can set breakpoints etc. and they are triggered. However, when I attempt to debug the project in XE5, I get the following message: Module Load: xxx.dll. No Debug Info. Base Address: $015A0000. Process xxx.exe (2928) Is it possible to somehow debug DLLs in XE5 compiled with an older Delphi version or is the debug info not compatible? Kind Regards, Jack. Jack wrote: > However, when I attempt to debug the project in XE5, I get the > following message: Module Load: xxx.dll. No Debug Info. Base Address: > $015A0000. Process xxx.exe (2928) > > Is it possible to somehow debug DLLs in XE5 compiled with an older > Delphi version or is the debug info not compatible? Since you are not recompiling the DLL in XE5, did you copy over D7's TDS file for the DLL when you copied over the DLL itself? The TDS file contains debug information. Although, I do not know if XE5 can use D7's debug info or not. -- Remy Lebeau (TeamB) Dear Remy, Thank you for your reply. I am not able to locate any "TDS" files when I build my dll in Delphi 7. I get a .map...

Delphi 2010 and Delphi XE5 shuts down when opening projects
Over the last week I have found it increasingly difficult to open projects. Even really simple projects, some more complex. For example if start Delphi 2010 Enterprise Edition. I see the list of recently opened projects. I then click on a simple existing project, I get a hour glass for about a second and then Delphi IDE has gone. In the windows task manager, there are now no applications running. I have not changed the installation, being using Delphi 2010 enterprise on the same computer for a few years. I'm not a full time developer, but do internal development of our compa...

How to know the Delphi version a project has been compiled with?
Is there a way to see from the .dproj, .dcu, .exe or any other file of a project, with which Delphi version it has been compiled? Cheers Tom -- Tom Brunberg firstname.surname@welho.com Tom Brunberg wrote: > Is there a way to see from the .dproj, .dcu, .exe or any other file > of a project, with which Delphi version it has been compiled? What is the purpose of that? ..dproj: largely possible and from top of my head look for this - <Borland.Personality> Delphi.Personality = Delphi 2007 Delphi.Personality.12 >= Delphi 2009 - <ProjectVersion>...

Delphi xe5
I installed new pc and transferred my application working well in notebook with same OS Compiling project I get this error [dcc32 Fatal Error] GesCom_01_04_prj.dpr(1): F1027 Unit not found: 'System.pas' or binary equivalents (.dcu) What is it missing ? Adalberto Baldini Try launching with -r command line switch as shown here: http://support.embarcadero.com/article/42597 Make sure you do not have a system environment variable named PLATFORM. This is common HP computers. Adalberto Baldini wrote: > I installed new pc and transferred my application working well in...

Attempting to compile Delphi 5 code in Delphi XE5 is failing
Greetings All, If I'm not in the correct formum please tell me which one I should be in. Just upgraded to Delphi XE5 and am attempting to compile one of my Delphi 5 projects. I used Interbase Express I use either TDataSource -> TCDSProvider -> TDataSetProvider -> TIBQuery or TDataSource -> TClientDataSet -> TDataSetProvider -> TIBQuery Also used TIBDatabase, TIBTransaction, and TIBStoredProc I open the smallest project I have and click compile and almost immediately I receive this error Checking project dependencies... Compiling CITranEngine.dproj...

Create project from compiled project
HelloIn VS 2003 I have created a web project that works as a framework for creating web applications. I only hand over the compiled code (dll) and aspx, js and css-files (no source code). In VS 2003 I added the files and when I compiled the code it only compiled new cs-files into a new dll for that specific project. In VS 2005 I tried the same. First I converted the project into VS 2005 format. Then i added the compiled code into an empty project and tried to compile. Here I've get an error message "File xxx.aspx.cs was not found". In the xxx.aspx file I can read:<...

Delphi Compile and Build produce different binary on same project
Hi there. In a fresh VCL application *Compile* and *Build* operation produce same binary and map file (with minor differences at the end of .exe file even if "include version information in project" option is switched off - already discussed). Map file is same bite to bite. But wen I add any third-party component the binary and map(!) file produced by Build and Compile are significantly differ! Tested on two versions of Delphi: - Version 7.0 (Build 8.1) - CodeGear™ RAD Studio 2007 Version 11.0.2902.10471 (+December 2007 Update) Step to reproduce: 1. Create New VCL Ap...

Delphi and C++ projects in the same project group
Really basic one. I have a project that comprises of some BCB / C++ projects and a single Delphi DLL. If it possible to add this Delphi Dll to the BCB project group in BDS 2009, or do I have to open Delphi separately and compile it independently of the BCB project group? Many thanks Mike C Please ignore. I've worked it out. Opened RAD studio instead of BCB or Delphi. This seems to allow me to add my Delphi DLL. Mike C "Mike Collins" <its@TheBottomOfThePost> wrote in message ...

Project gives compile error when in first attempt of installing it but installs successfully after removing it and re-installing
Hi Guys,I have a weird problem. Its not a show stopper but a mere inconvenience. I have a ASP.net application. And I am using setup project to install it on server. Every time I make changes in the application and need to install the release on the server, I have to uninstall the application using Add/Remove Programs utility. And Re-install it with created the setup .msi file. On running the application, it  always gives me a compilation error. Then I have to remove the application using Add/Remove Programs utility one mre time and re-run .msi file to get rid of...

delphi.Net Delphi 2005 Project Upgrades?
Our company aquired the software property from another last year. Most of the projects were written in Delphi 2007. We purchased Delphi XE which gave us access to previous versions, including D 2007... all is well. However, 3 projects were written Delphi 2005 for .Net. The VM we received from this company included D2005 but it was licensed from the previous developer. I've contacted Embarcadero about obtaining a copy and or a license+registration for Delphi 2005 and was told this product is no longer available. I'm under the impression Delphi for .Net was abandoned. My qu...

Visual Studio 2005 Install Problem
Hi all, I have just rebuilt my XP machine and installed Visual Studio 2005. When trying to open previously created projects I get the following error message: The application for project <project> is not installed. Make sure the application for the project type () is installed. At this point I did some reading and googling and discovered that 'Web Application Projects' is not included in the base Visual Studio 2005 package. I installed Service Pack 1 (SP1) expecting this to fix the problem, however I still received the same error message when trying to open the application. ...

Convert a Delphi 2006 WinForms project to Delphi Prism
How can I go about doing this short of recreating the project and transfering code? Just wondering what to expect if we go to Prism. Thanks. -- Don Gollahon Don Gollahon wrote: > How can I go about doing this short of recreating the project and > transfering code? > > Just wondering what to expect if we go to Prism. > > Thanks. Hi Don, Have you checked out the migration tool Oxidizer ? http://prismwiki.codegear.com/en/Oxidizer Cheers, John -- John Moshakis wrote: >Don Gollahon wrote: > >> How can I go about doing th...

Project Manager Delphi 2007 vs Delphi 5
I am in the midst of moving from Delphi 5 to Delphi 2007. I have a .BAT file that I use to do some post processing on the executable after it is built. In Delphi 5, I just added the .BAT file to the project manager. Then when I wanted to execute the .BAT file I just right clicked its entry in the project manager and selected Execute. There doesn't seem to be anyway to add the .BAT file to the project manager in Delphi 2007. How can I set up something similar to what I had in Delphi 5? I thought about using a Post Build event but I don't necessarily want to execute the .BAT fi...

Web Project Conditional Compilation for Web Deployment Project
I need to compile a couple different configurations Release/Debug/etc. based on custom compilation constatns. My web pages code is based on the custom compilation constants. I wanted to modify web.config before compilation automatically, because the conditional Compilation Constants settings are moved to the web.config in VS 2005. The only way I found is to modify web.config before the build and modify back after the build is done. I created a custom class derived from Microsoft.Build.Utilities.Task. This class overrides the Execute() method. In this method I modify the specifed web.con...

Errors compiling project that compiled fine in VS 2005
I'm targeting a website for the 2.0 framework with the XHTML 1.0 standard in VS 2008. It was an existing website that got converted from VS 2005 and compiled within that environment with no problem. Seems like I'm having compile issues with master pages. Here are the main errors I'm receiving:   Error 3 'CreateResourceBasedLiteralControl' is not a member of 'ASP.backup1_homesmoving_homes_homes_master'. C:\Projects\HomesMoving.homes.org\Backup1\HomesMoving.homes\Homes.master 5  Error 5 'Page' is not a member...

Why does a projects res file need to writable to compile a project?
I have recently migrated from Delphi 7 to Delphi XE 2 and use a version control system to store my work. I book in the following project files: cfg dof dpr dproj (new for Delphi XE 2) res In previous versions of Delphi this was fine, I could leave these files read only, compile and build the project without issue. When I compile my project now I get the error: [BRCC32 Error] xxx.vrc(1): error creating xxx.res This is resolved when I make the project res file writable, but this is a little bit annoying, especially when the file does not change. Am I booking the correct project...

Delphi Prism for cross-platform projects: Started a project
As I suspected Delphi Prism is ideal for my purposes. Since I am a hobby linguist, my program is a Hebrew verb conjugation application. I am trying to formulate all necessary rules including all exceptions in Pascal. Last year I implemented a working prototype in Objective-C. http://web.mac.com/ajbrehm/Home/Software.html It worked, but wasn't portable; and Cocoa is a bit of a hassle when it comes to string manipulation since it offers no native support for unicode regular expressions. I can re-use the GUI. This is how I am planning to proceed, slowly, of course, since I am lazy an...

delphi 2010 memory not released when closing delphi project
each time im runing delphi 2010 the memory that was used was not release after closing a project and the memory don't stop to grow and the browsing for file becoming slow any idea ? Thanks Pierre Auger wrote: > each time im runing delphi 2010 the memory that was used was not > release after closing a project and the memory don't stop to grow and > the browsing for file becoming slow > > any idea ? You are using some 3rd-party components that do not properly release memory in their design-time packages would be my guess. A design-time package stays l...

Importing Delphi 2009 project in Delphi 2006
I've been using Delphi 2006 for a while and have never really felt the need to upgrade to a newer release given the expense. I'm looking at taking over on a project from someone else who developed it in Delphi 2009. The only code incompatibilities he can think of is some of the Unicode changes that were introduced after D2006 but that should be fairly easy to fix. My main concern is whether or not a project that was created in Delphi 2009 can even be *opened* in Delphi 2006. I don't know how file exte nsions or formats have changed between the two versions. Can anyone give me...

Web resources about - Delphi XE5 - Cannot compile any mobile projects. Other projects compiles OK - embarcadero.delphi.install

Project - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For the urban low-income housing buildings called projects, see public housing . For other uses, see Project (disambiguation) . The word project ...

The Project Shrink - Welcome To Shrinkonia.
... about the importance of the environment we work in and the stories we tell, we should have a Set Designer and a Storyteller on our projects. ...

Better Projects
I think this book by Tobias is beautifully written. There is real craftmanship in the prose here. The book is made up of independent self contained ...

Melbourne Metro Rail project: business case considered raising fares in peak hour
Several strategies were considered but ultimately rejected as government weighed up how it would respond to overcrowding on trains.

Melbourne Metro Rail project: business case considered raising fares in peak hour
Several strategies were considered but ultimately rejected as government weighed up how it would respond to overcrowding on trains.

How to successfully start a new IT project
Fear of failure is the most powerful barrier that can stop any professional from getting started on a new project. You have to think over hundreds ...

Proposed borehole project draws concern from water districts
Bismarck Tribune Proposed borehole project draws concern from water districts Bismarck Tribune John Harju, of the Energy and Environmental ...

Jeff Bezos' Blue Origin engine project boosted by new federal funds
Amazon founder Jeff Bezos’ strategy to build the nation’s next heavy-lift rocket engine gained strength with a new federal support. Bezos’ Blue ...

surprise Kendrick Lamar project hits Spotify
It's got eight songs and it's called 'untitled unmastered' Continue reading…

Wounded Warrior Project donor demands accountability - Videos - CBS News
It has been more than a month since CBS News broke the story of lavish spending by the veterans charity, Wounded Warrior Project. CEO Steven ...