Delphi XE Studio - Source Code Missing

Hi,

Last week I installed Embarcadero RAD Studio XE Architect - 30 day trial version, but I was unable to debug or fix problems in the normal way because this version does not include the sources.  So I then uninstalled this version, before buying Delphi XE Starter and installing this version.  But the Delphi source files still appear to be missing?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\RAD Studio\8.0\Source

 Also, when I hover over the units in the uses clause with the control key pressed I would expect editor to load that unit, but that does happen?

Rob
0
Robert

Robert Bruce wrote:

> Hi,

Hi Robert,

> Last week I installed Embarcadero RAD Studio XE Architect - 30 day trial version, but I was
> unable to debug or fix problems in the normal way because this version does not include the
> sources.  So I then uninstalled this version, before buying Delphi XE Starter and installing this
> version.  But the Delphi source files still appear to be missing?
>
> C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\RAD Studio\8.0\Source
>
>  Also, when I hover over the units in the uses clause with the control key pressed I would expect
> editor to load that unit, but that does happen?

I'm sorry to have to bring it to your attention, but the starter edition also doesn't include
sources.
Professional, Enterprise and Architect (except the free evaluation) do include the sources.

A full comparison table for the Delphi products is available at
http://www.embarcadero.com/products/delphi/delphi-feature-matrix.pdf

Cheers
Tom

--
Tom Brunberg
firstname.surname@welho.com
> {quote:title=Robert Bruce wrote:}{quote}
> Hi,
>
> Last week I installed Embarcadero RAD Studio XE Architect - 30 day trial version, but I was unable to debug or fix problems in the normal way because this version does not include the sources.  So I then uninstalled this version, before buying Delphi XE Starter and installing this version.  But the Delphi source files still appear to be missing?
>
> C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\RAD Studio\8.0\Source
>
>  Also, when I hover over the units in the uses clause with the control key pressed I would expect editor to load that unit, but that does happen?

Delphi Starter version doesn't include source files. You would need
at least Pro version for that.

Dalija Prasnikar
0
Dalija
8/16/2011 10:11:58 AM
Hi Dalija Prasnikar,

OK thanks, please can you tell me how much Delphi XE Professional costs and where (as a link) exactly I can buy it from?

Also, will I be able to get a refund for the Delphi XE Starter that I bought yesterday?

Rob
0
Robert
8/16/2011 11:11:23 AM
> {quote:title=Robert Bruce wrote:}{quote}
> Hi Dalija Prasnikar,
>
> OK thanks, please can you tell me how much Delphi XE Professional costs and where (as a link) exactly I can buy it from?
>
> Also, will I be able to get a refund for the Delphi XE Starter that I bought yesterday?

I think you could get refund for the Starter. New license of PRO costs 899$ and upgrade from
Starter is 799$. You can visit Embarcadero online shop at http://shop.embarcadero.com/

But the best it would be to contact the reseller where you bought the Starter.

Also it is a pretty bad timing for buying XE because XE2 is about to be released very soon.

Dalija Prasnikar
0
Dalija
8/16/2011 11:30:58 AM
> {quote:title=Dalija Prasnikar wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=Robert Bruce wrote:}{quote}
> > Hi Dalija Prasnikar,
> >
> > OK thanks, please can you tell me how much Delphi XE Professional costs and where (as a link) exactly I can buy it from?
> >
> > Also, will I be able to get a refund for the Delphi XE Starter that I bought yesterday?
> >

> I think you could get refund for the Starter. New license of PRO costs 899$ and upgrade from
> Starter is 799$. You can visit Embarcadero online shop at http://shop.embarcadero.com/

I forgot to mention that those prices are for US store. Other countries may have different
prices. Namely for Europe price for new PRO version is 899 Euros.

Dalija Prasnikar
0
Dalija
8/16/2011 11:35:29 AM
OK thanks for all your help.

Rob
0
Robert

See http://shop.embarcadeor.com

> Also, will I be able to get a refund for the Delphi XE Starter that I bought yesterday?

If you bought from our US Online shopping store call (888)233-2224. Pick
menu choice 1, which will take you to sales.
0
quinn

Delphi 7.0 code convert to delphi XE ...
Hello All, I create an application using Web Server Application then CGI stand alone... In WebModule I add ModuleController component and IWPageProcedure... Below is my code in Delphi 7.0, this is how to call another units in webmodule... .... .... procedure TWebModule1.proMainGetForm(ASender: TIWPageProducer; AWebApplication: TIWApplication; var VForm: TIWPageForm); begin VForm := TfrmMain.Create(AWebApplication); end; procedure TWebModule1.proLogInGetForm(ASender: TIWPageProducer; AWebApplication: TIWApplication; var VForm: TIWPageForm); begin VForm := TfrmLogIn.Create(AWebA...

Free Exam Offer for Delphi XE and RAD Studio XE Users, can't get test code
Hello, Tried to get free test code, but on page http://certification.embarcadero.com/redeem i see only text "This promotion has expired". Offer valid till July 31, 2011 and on my calendar July 31, 2011. What is it? Am 31.07.2011 20:07, schrieb Andrei Chketov: > Hello, > > Tried to get free test code, but on page http://certification.embarcadero.com/redeem i see only text "This promotion has expired". > Offer valid till July 31, 2011 and on my calendar July 31, 2011. What is it? In which time zone are you? You might want to contact EMBT directly (e...

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE

Delphi XE / Delphi 2010

Organising code to compile between Win32 and Prism in Delphi XE RAD Studio
Before you all choke on your morning coffee, allow me to explain :-) We have a lot of Delphi code. Quite a lot of it is well mannered object oriented code. We'd like (need) to use this code to produce different binaries that target both .Net and Win32. We can already do this using Delphi 2007 RAD Studio, so we understand the pain points (which are not as many as you might think). Now we want to upgrade to Delphi XE RAD Studio. Essentially this means replacing the Delphi 2007.Net compiler with the Prism compiler. We appreciate there will be some additional pain points, but it's wo...

Special care for Installing Delphi XE and keeping RAD Studio 2007
Hi to all, I have a RAD Studio 2007 version that is in production, and I need to install Delphi XE in the same machine but I don't want my 2007 projects to be affected with this. I'm planning to migrate all projects to XE but it is going to take a while. For doing this is there any special care to take? Any tips about this will be appreciated. Nando. > {quote:title=Hernando Duque wrote:}{quote} > Hi to all, > > I have a RAD Studio 2007 version that is in production, and I need to install Delphi XE in the same machine but I don't want my 2007 projects t...

Delphi XE code completion has gone missing (ctrl-shift-c)
For some reason the shift-ctrl-c doesn't work on my notebook, I have checked the code completion on the tools\editor options\code insight - and yet it doesn't work. Running on Win7 x64 and Delphi XE update 1 enterprise. regards "Henrik Nedergaard" wrote in message news:391034@forums.embarcadero.com... > For some reason the shift-ctrl-c doesn't work on my notebook, > I have checked the code completion on the tools\editor options\code > insight > - and yet it doesn't work. Maybe your cursor is not in the right place. In my experience, the s...

How I can install Delphi Prism XE Help contents in Visual studio 2010??? [Edit]
Hello, *How I can install Delphi Prism XE Help contents in Visual studio 2010???* thanx for your answers. Edited by: Shuhin Ashayeri on Jan 6, 2011 1:36 PM For some reason this entire thread, apart from the OP, has disappeared from my newsreader. Anyway, Carlo recommended using the Help Manager in VS2010 to uninstall the Prism help, and then install it again. (I won't repeat the whole procedure here.) I thought that would fix it, but it definitely hasn't. I tried the procedure with and without "Run as Administrator" for VS. I installed the Help Viewe...

delphi 2006 code in delphi 2010

converting delphi code to delphi .NET
Hi,I'm looking at converting quite a bit of old delphi code to delphi .NET .  I'm wondering can it be converted to VB.NET for certain ?  Or perhaps there are some unsupported functions etc in delphi and I should keep the code delphi ?  There are about 10,000 lines of code.   Anyone brave enough to take an estimate on how long it would take to convert 10,000 lines ?is going from delphi to delphi.NET smooth ?   Would going to another language cause complications ?Thanks! mike123   Mike123,   Sorry I can not help, however, I have the s...

Transferring Delphi 5 BDE code to Delphi 2006 Nexus Embedded server code
In an application where I have used BDE in Delphi 5 I would like to transfer the whole project to Nexus Embedded server that in general implies mostly exchanging tTable with tnxTable etc. But, in a procedure I regenerate indexes using dbiRegenIndexes(basehandler). This function seems not to be supported anymore, so I just wonder if such a call is needed at all in Nexus Embedded Server, and if needed, what is now the correct syntax ?? I don't know the answer to your question but if you can't find answers here you may like to know that nexus db have there own free newsgr...

Dixie and R-Sexy? Delphi XE and RAD Studio XE
I'm used to saying acronyms such as D2010 as "Dee two thousand and 10" and D7 as "Dee seven". How about the following XE shortcut names: Delphi XE: DXE: *Dixie* RAD Studio XE: RSXE: *R-Sexy* Delphi Prism XE: *D-Pixie* Tough ones: RadPHP XE: ???? C++Builder XE: ???? Regards, Jarrod Hollingworth Complete Time Tracking http://www.complete-time-tracking.com/ > RAD Studio XE: RSXE: *R-Sexy* To ensure it is removed by content filtering tools? > {quote:title=Luigi Sandon wrote:}{quote} > > RAD Studio XE: RSXE: *R-Sexy* > > ...

Delphi Prism XE and RAD Studio XE are now available
The new product info is live on the web sites, trial downloads are available, and the products will be available to purchase worldwide between now and Wednesday. http://www.embarcadero.com/products/delphi-prism http://www.embarcadero.com/products/rad-studio Thanks, Tim -- Tim Del Chiaro Product Marketing - RAD Studio, Delphi, C++Builder, Delphi Prism and Delphi for PHP http://delphi-insider.blogspot.com I suspect it will be available for purchase AFTER Wednesday too. ;-) So from what I can gather, it has CodeSite and Subversion integration that Prism 2011 didn't hav...

Delphi XE and RAD Studio XE are available now [Edit]
The new product info is live on the web sites, trial downloads are available, and the products will be available to purchase worldwide between now and Wednesday. http://www.embarcadero.com/products/delphi http://www.embarcadero.com/products/rad-studio Thanks, Tim -- Tim Del Chiaro Product Marketing - RAD Studio, Delphi, C++Builder, Delphi Prism and Delphi for PHP http://delphi-insider.blogspot.com Edited by: Tim DelChiaro on Aug 30, 2010 2:15 PM > {quote:title=Tim DelChiaro wrote:}{quote} > The new product info is live on the web sites, trial downloads are availabl...

Web resources about - Delphi XE Studio - Source Code Missing - embarcadero.delphi.install

Doctor Who missing episodes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Material from missing Doctor Who serials has seen release in books, in audio form on CD, and four episodes have been animated for DVD release. ...

Facebook Alerts Users To How Many Stories They’re Missing On News Feed
Facebook wants users to make sure they’re not missing anything on News Feed . Several users on the redesigned News Feed have started seeing notifications ...

LOCATED DECEASED :( - Locate The Missing - Facebook
SAD UPDATE :( REST IN PEACE CARRIE :( Body of missing Davenport woman found in Minnesota: More than three months after her family reported her ...

53 Local AMBER Alert Facebook Pages Will Post Missing Children Feed Updates
Facebook held a press conference today to announce the launch of 53 AMBER Alert Pages that will dispatch bulletins about missing children via ...

NYPD Missing Persons (@NYPDMissing) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here NYPD Missing Persons @ NYPDMissing ...

Search scaled back for Canberra snorkeller missing off Lord Howe Island
The search for a Canberra man missing off Lord Howe Island now a "body recovery operation," police say.

Sunshine Coast girl reported missing found safe 15 kilometres from home
A 10-year-old girl reported missing from the Sunshine Coast hinterland on Sunday has been found safe and well on Monday morning.

MCC won't suspend missing man's membership
The exclusive Melbourne Cricket Club is refusing to suspend the membership of a missing man, his disappointed family says, instead slugging them ...

One Dead, More Than 30 Missing in Azerbaijan - Al Jazeera America
A fire started on an offshore oil platform started after a gas pipeline was damaged in heavy wind At least one worker was killed and 30 others ...

Open Thread: Missing the Trend for the Stats
I thought Mr. Trump's memory was perfect, @MichaelCohen212 . https://t.co/wxzxHWLLVA — Josh Greenman (@joshgreenman) December 6, 2015 Is it ...