Delphi RAD studio 2007 - Installation problem

Hello there,

I’m trying to install Delphi RAD studio 2007 – architect edition on my laptop. During installation, I got "This advertised application will not be installed because it might be unsafe. Contact your administrator to change the installation user interface option of the package to basic. I clicked ok to proceed further (as there was no option to cancel the installation process). The installation was successful & I’ve restarted my machine. When starting Delphi, I’m getting “Access Violation at address 7C91072
F in module 'ntdll.dll. Read of address 010D6385”

Can you please help me to resolve the problem?

Kind regards,
Mary
0
Mary

> {quote:title=Mary James wrote:}{quote}
> I’m trying to install Delphi RAD studio 2007 – architect edition on my laptop. During installation, I got "This advertised application will not be installed because it might be unsafe. Contact your administrator to change the installation user interface option of the package to basic. I clicked ok to proceed further (as there was no option to cancel the installation process). The installation was successful & I’ve restarted my machine. When starting Delphi, I’m getting “Access Violation at address 7C910
72F in module 'ntdll.dll. Read of address 010D6385”

If you're running Vista or Win7 (or XP as a limited user), you need to run the installer under an administrative account. Your best bet at this point is to uninstall and start over, running the install either while logged in as an administrative user or by right-clicking the executable and choosing "Run as Administrator" from the popup menu.
0
Ken
7/22/2010 4:49:52 PM
> {quote:title=Ken White wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=Mary James wrote:}{quote}
> > I’m trying to install Delphi RAD studio 2007 – architect edition on my laptop. During installation, I got "This advertised application will not be installed because it might be unsafe. Contact your administrator to change the installation user interface option of the package to basic. I clicked ok to proceed further (as there was no option to cancel the installation process). The installation was successful & I’ve restarted my machine. When starting Delphi, I’m getting “Access Violation at address 7C9
1072F in module 'ntdll.dll. Read of address 010D6385”

> If you're running Vista or Win7 (or XP as a limited user), you need to run the installer under an administrative account. Your best bet at this point is to uninstall and start over, running the install either while logged in as an administrative user or by right-clicking the executable and choosing "Run as Administrator" from the popup menu.

Thank you very much Ken.

I’m running Windows XP & I do have admin rights to my laptop. Still I couldn’t install Delphi. I’ll uninstall & reinstall the software again. Once again thank you very much for your help.

Kind regards,
Mary
0
Mary
7/23/2010 3:02:41 PM
> {quote:title=Mary James wrote:}{quote}
> Hello there,
>
> I’m trying to install Delphi RAD studio 2007 – architect edition on my laptop. During installation, I got "This advertised application will not be installed because it might be unsafe. Contact your administrator to change the installation user interface option of the package to basic. I clicked ok to proceed further (as there was no option to cancel the installation process). The installation was successful & I’ve restarted my machine. When starting Delphi, I’m getting “Access Violation at address 7C910
72F in module 'ntdll.dll. Read of address 010D6385”

> Can you please help me to resolve the problem?
>
> Kind regards,
> Mary

Hi there,

I need your help to resolve my Delphi installation problem in windows XP.

Further to my email before, I’ve full admin rights on my laptop to install Delphi 2007. I can install the software but couldn’t open it. I’ve investigated this installation problem in different ways:

The other admin rights user logged into the system & they can open Delphi without any problem.

He has logged off from the system, logged in with my user details, got the same error message when accessing Delphi. “Access Violation at address 7C91072F in module 'ntdll.dll. Read of address 010D6385”

Originally it looked to be possibly Admin rights issue but I got another developer to install / run the software without any problem.

What has made the situation worse is that I can install SQL Server, VSS & Crystal report on the laptop under my profile. All this software’s are installed successfully & I can access it without any problem except Delphi.

We have compared his profile with my profile. Everything is perfect except length of the windows user name. My windows user name is 20 characters long. Just wondering is there any windows user name length restriction imposed?  It doesn’t make any sense to me but I want to figure out the problem.

I would appreciate any assistance with the above.

Thanks & regards,
Mary
0
Mary

Migration from Delphi 2007 Rad to Delphi XE Where is Quickreports
Have installed and finally registered Delphi Xe, I am looking for Quickreports but am unable to find it anywhere, I asked the Distributer and was told its packaged in Delphi XE, Well I should have gone to specsavers......cos I cant see it any where ? > {quote:title=Colin Coleman wrote:}{quote} > Have installed and finally registered Delphi Xe, I am looking for Quickreports but am unable to find it anywhere, I asked the Distributer and was told its packaged in Delphi XE, Well I should have gone to specsavers......cos I cant see it any where ? Hello Colin, Delphi X...

converting delphi 2007 code to delphi XE2 -- emptyparam problem
Hi, I am trying to convert my applicantion code from delphi 2007 to delphi XE2 and i got stuck in this error "[DCC Error] ADODB_TLB.pas(4888): E2033 Types of actual and formal var parameters must be identical". This happens when we use emptyparam as an argument in a function that wants an olevariant. Example: function TAcadDatabase.CopyObjects(Objects: OleVariant): OleVariant; begin Result := DefaultInterface.CopyObjects(Objects, EmptyParam, EmptyParam); //this is where we get the ERROR end; The coyobjects function as this signature: " function CopyObjects(Object...

RAD Studio 2007 and Delphi for .Net
Hello, I have RAD Studio 2007, installed and working just fine, but I can't see any .Net projects, or even create one. any idea what I need to install, if requires additional installation, The installation ISO almost 4 GB , or just I need another registration key to enable .net version? where to buy if not supported any more by embarcadero If above is different version, how I get Delphi 2007 for .NET version please? Thank you in advance Falah Latino wrote: > Hello, > > I have RAD Studio 2007, installed and working just fine, but I can't see any .Net projec...

RAD Studio 2010 (Delphi, C++Builder, and Delphi Prism) Posted
All, The new roadmap for RAD Studio has been posted. Link: http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/39934 Enjoy, Mike Michael Rozlog wrote: > All, > > The new roadmap for RAD Studio has been posted. > > Link: http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/39934 > Thanks for the info, Mike. One thing I'm missing in the slides is the effort to bring the compiler into the C++ Standard compliance (lamda/closures, auto/decltype, etc.) I hope it's just an omission! :) Il Tue, 11 May 2010 09:01:04 -0700, Alex Bakaev <a@b.cc> ha scritto: >Than...

RAD Studio 2010 (Delphi, C++Builder, and Delphi Prism) Posted
All, The new roadmap for RAD Studio has been posted. Link: http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/39934 Enjoy, Mike "Michael Rozlog" <michael.rozlog@embarcadero.com> wrote in message news:241286@forums.embarcadero.com... > The new roadmap for RAD Studio has been posted. We have to wait all the way until Commodore to get better documentation? And until Chromium to get OTA documentation? -- Remy Lebeau (TeamB) On 10.05.2010 23:50, Michael Rozlog wrote: > All, > > The new roadmap for RAD Studio has been posted. > > Link: http://e...

Error F1026 in RAD Studio 2007
I installed a certain component but the dcu files could not be found. In the project->options I added the browse path to where the dcu files reside. However, Delphi still fails to find the files. I also added the path to the tools->options environment. In order to compile, I had to copy the dcu files into the project folder. I am getting frustrated, can this be fixed? "Victor Feria" <dominus@vobis.com> wrote in message news:168167@forums.codegear.com... >I installed a certain component but the dcu files could not be found. In >the > project->...

Free RAD Studio 2010 and Delphi Prism 2011 with purchase of Delphi 2010
Hi All, For those of you who complain that Delphi (and RAD Studio) is too expensive... for a few short weeks there are two overlapping special offers from Embarcadero that you can use to move up to RAD Studio 2010 including the latest Delphi Prism 2011 for the price of a single Delphi 2010 (New User or Upgrade)... The first "RAD Studio PROMO" offer is still valid until June 28th: when you order Delphi 2010, you get RAD Studio 2010 delivered instead (including Delphi 2010, C++Builder 2010 and Delphi Prism 2010). As of May 26th, the "Delphi Prism 2011" of...

Delphi 2007 to Delphi 7

Delphi 4 to Delphi 2007

Delphi 2007 and RAD Studio 2009 Enterprise on the same PC.
I bought Rad Sutudio Enterprise 2009 and run the installation on a PC that already has Delphi 2007 installed. After the installation finished and reboot the PC, when I opened Rad Studio or Delphi 2009 I received errors that the environment can not load the Dbexpress.bpl and other .bpl files. It suggested to reinstall. I tried to repair the installation with no success. Is there a coexistance issue between Delphi 2007 and Rad Studio? I am using Windows Vista Home Premium Edition. Thanks for any comments or suggestion. Enrique > {quote:title=Enrique Lopez Ambia wrote:}{quote} &...

RAD Studio/Delphi 2007 and NEW .NET Project?
Hi, Having the RADStudio 2007 and working with Delphi 2007 for win32 usually I was wondering if it makes any sense to start a new .Net (2.0) project with Delphi2007.Net bearing in mind VCL.Net and Delphi.Net have been discontinued (for both WebServices and web clients in ASP.NEt) ? If Not would you rather advise to use (for .Net 2.0 as target platform requirement) VS 2005 w/C# or Delphi Prism could support .Net 2.0 runtime anyhow? Also, will the new proposed Delphi compiler platform (front/back/...) allow some new directions in supported frameworks as well (for example s...

RAD Studio XE: the relevant links for RAD Studio, Delphi, C++ Builder, Prism, RadPHP [what's new, features, downloads...]
What's New in Delphi and C++Builder XE http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/en/What's_New_in_Delphi_and_C%2B%2BBuilder_XE RAD Studio, Delphi, C++Builder, Delphi Prism and RadPHP XE are available now! http://blogs.embarcadero.com/davidi/2010/08/30/40114/ audio - Dr. Dobbs's talks with Michael Rozlog about RAD Studio XE Release http://www.drdobbs.com/tv/index.jhtml?bctid=594150880001&bcpid=64699398001 Webinar: What's New in RAD Studio XE - An In-Depth Look with Mike Rozlog (Wed, Sep 1 7PM PDT / Thu, Sep 2 12:00 EST Australian) http://forms.embarcadero.com/f...

Moving from Delphi 7 to Delphi 2007
Is there any compelling reason to move (quite a large project) from Delphi 7 to Delphi 2007? Specifically, is there better Vista/Win7/Win8 integration provided by Delphi 2007? (In the project I am already using a custom manifest file for Vista/Win7 etc.. and not the std XPMan component) Does 2007 add any new bugs to the scene? Thanks Rael Rael wrote: > Is there any compelling reason to move (quite a large project) from > Delphi 7 to Delphi 2007? If you are going to upgrade, why not upgrade to something newer? > In the project I am already using a custom man...

Migrate from Delphi 2007 to Delphi 2010

Delphi 2009 alongside Delphi 2007

Web resources about - Delphi RAD studio 2007 - Installation problem - embarcadero.delphi.install

List of United States Army installations in Germany - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

YouTube - Installation of a Ductless Air Conditioning System
Hochgeladen am 19.07.2011 Shop our ductless systems online http://ingramswaterandair.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=ductless&am... ...

New Apple Campus 2 video shows installation of massive glass panels
... throughout Apple's Campus 2 construction site, showing extensive progress including the beginning of interior and exterior glazing installation ...