Delphi and Delphi Prism licensing question

When I buy Delphi and Delphi Prism, do I get a "named user licence" or a "workstation licence"?

Can I install both products on two machines I use with the same licence keys?

I have a Mac Pro ("Cyrus") running Vista 64 in VMware and a MacBook ("Blacky") running Vista 32 in Parallels. Can I install Delphi and Delphi Prism on both Cyrus and Blacky since I use both machines (and like to have all dev tools I use installed on both machines at all times)?
0
Andrew

Andrew Brehm wrote:

> When I buy Delphi and Delphi Prism, do I get a "named user licence"
> or a "workstation licence"?

You receive a named user license.

> Can I install both products on two machines I use with the same
> licence keys?

Yes, as long as you are the only one using the product.

> I have a Mac Pro ("Cyrus") running Vista 64 in VMware and a MacBook
> ("Blacky") running Vista 32 in Parallels. Can I install Delphi and
> Delphi Prism on both Cyrus and Blacky since I use both machines (and
> like to have all dev tools I use installed on both machines at all
> times)?

Yes -- the license allows for this scenario specifically.

Nick Hodges
Delphi R&D Manager
Embarcadero Technologies
0
Nick
7/13/2009 4:43:34 PM
Ok Nick, but how can I resolve the problem of register product?
In my case I don´t get register using the same key.
How can resolve this?
0
Anonymous

Delphi for PHP or Delphi PRISM

Any difference between Delphi Prism 2011 and Delphi Prism XE?
Looking at the features in Delphi Prism XE, they look the same as the new items in the 2011 release back in may. I there anything new in the XE release? or did they simply change the product branding? Just wondering if I need to update it or now when i download the rest. Thanks, Hi Dan, > Looking at the features in Delphi Prism XE, they look the same as the new items in the 2011 release back in may. I there anything new in the XE release? or did they simply change the product branding? Just wondering if I need to update it or now when i download the rest. See http://w...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Question about Delphi 2009 vs Delphi 7
Hi, I was wondering if any of you can point me to a URLs that show the most important improvements between these versions of Delphi. The objective is convincing the powers-that-pay-the-bills that moving to D2009 (that we'd have to purchase) is a better idea than moving to D7 (for which we have licenses). Fire at will! -- Saluti, Alessandro Federici ------------------------------- "I have been through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened." (Mark Twain) Alessandro Federici wrote: > Hi, > I was wondering if any of yo...

Converting Delphi for Win32 to Delphi .Net(Prism)
Hi, I am currently migrating a project from Delphi for Win32 to Delphi.net. Part of my code currently goes into a directory and pulls out a random file from this directory and loads the contents of the file for me. This code doesn't seem to work in Delphi.Net. It uses PString and a number of functions in SysUtils that don't seem to be present in Delphi.net's SysUtils file. If anyone can help me please, it would be greatly appreciated! Many thanks, Jonathan Mackey Jonathan Mackey a écrit : > I am currently migrating a project from Delphi for Win32 to &...

Convert a Delphi 2006 WinForms project to Delphi Prism
How can I go about doing this short of recreating the project and transfering code? Just wondering what to expect if we go to Prism. Thanks. -- Don Gollahon Don Gollahon wrote: > How can I go about doing this short of recreating the project and > transfering code? > > Just wondering what to expect if we go to Prism. > > Thanks. Hi Don, Have you checked out the migration tool Oxidizer ? http://prismwiki.codegear.com/en/Oxidizer Cheers, John -- John Moshakis wrote: >Don Gollahon wrote: > >> How can I go about doing th...

Finally trying out Delphi Prism (WinForms) and licensing question...
So after downloading the Delphi Prism trial I finally found some time to try out basic things. I wrote a Hello Prism program. A form, three buttons, one text field. First button ("Hello") displays a message box saying "Hello, Prism!". Second button says ("Message") is disabled unless something is typed in the text field and disabled again if the text is deleted. If pressed it displays in a message box whatever had been typed into the text field. Third button ("Quit") and the close button of the window do the same thing: call a method that displays a m...

Delphi 2007 to Delphi 7

Delphi 5 to Delphi 6 and up

from delphi 6 to delphi 2010

Web resources about - Delphi and Delphi Prism licensing question - embarcadero.delphi.install

Licensing Act 2003 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Licensing Act 2003 (c 17) is an Act of the Parliament of the United Kingdom . The Act establishes a single integrated scheme for licensing ...

Supshot: photo sharing and licensing in one app
We’ve established that I’m not much of a photographer, but this seems like a good idea to me. The app is free to download on the App Store.

Licensing.biz - LinkedIn
A place for like-minded licensing industry professionals to meet and exchange ideas.

How does turntable.fm's licensing work?
3 question followers. Be the first to answer.

Hulu Licensing Twat Up - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Seriously hulu, I know you're working out deals with distributes but remember, a link in the inter-tubes is global and some of us aren't 'fortunate' ...

Microsoft Office 365 for education - Overview and Academic Licensing - YouTube
Building on Live@edu, Office 365 for education now delivers even more capabilities for students, enabling us to deliver on our commitment to ...

New licensing rules to set up camp in Dubai desert
Take our poll: Increased patrols will monitor desert tent cities that spring up during the winter in Dubai, but many who enjoy the outdoors ...

Queensland motorcycle licensing inquiry puts brakes on plan for second test
Novice motorcycle riders will not be forced to undergo a second test after the government nixed the idea in its response to the motorcycle licensing ...

Too much occupational licensing stunts Alaska economy - Alaska Dispatch News
OPINION: Occupational licensing is out of control across the country, and even in Alaska it gets in the way of livelihoods.

Meredith Signs Licensing Deal with Sequential Brands
... and Sequential Brands Group—which finalized its purchase of Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia earlier this month —have reached a 10-year licensing ...