Delphi 7 to Delphi XE

Have been using Delphi 7 for many moons ( have got later versions but never
upgraded to )

My first problem is:

Component Palette. in XE it is a small toolbar docked in top right

in Delphi 7 it gives a large view of all the components.

I am struggling to be able to cope/access my components.in Delphi XE.

Can I make the component pallette tool bar the same size as Delphi 7, or is
there a fast way to view/choose all available components in XE, that I have
not spotted yet?

Kind Regards,

Robert.
0
Robert

What I know is that in Delphi 2010 and XE you can choose
between the "old" (in row on top of screen) style component
palette and the "new" style. If you put the IDE as "Undocked"
(all the IDE screens as seperate forms) then you are able
to set the component palette as big as you like.
0
Robert
9/16/2010 8:54:53 AM
<<Robert Gilland:
Can I make the component pallette tool bar the same size as
Delphi 7

You can have a Delphi 7 style toolbar /as well as/ the Tool
palette, by right clicking on the toolbars and selecting
Component.

You can also undock and resize the palette, and save your
desktop with it where you want it.

--
Deborah Pate (TeamB)
0
Robert Gilland wrote:

> Have been using Delphi 7 for many moons ( have got later versions but
> never upgraded to )
>
> My first problem is:
>
> Component Palette. in XE it is a small toolbar docked in top right
>
> in Delphi 7 it gives a large view of all the components.

You can do the same in XE:

  http://www.rvelthuis.de/images/palette.png

Just play with the settings of the component palette I think you must
turn captions off).

But XE also has the old component palette, as a toolbar. Just look for
menu View / submenu Toolbars -> item Component

"Real life is that big, high-res, high-color screen saver behind
 all the windows." -- anonymous
0
Rudy
9/16/2010 11:45:37 AM
Thanks Deborah,

After mucking around a fair bit the component toolbar finally undocked for
me and I placed it under the main toolbar.
Now I can see all the components and I feel better.

Kind Regards,

Robert.

"Deborah Pate" <Debs@djpate.freeserve.co.not-this-bit.uk> wrote in message
> <<Robert Gilland:
> Can I make the component pallette tool bar the same size as
> Delphi 7
>>>

> You can have a Delphi 7 style toolbar /as well as/ the Tool
> palette, by right clicking on the toolbars and selecting
> Component.
>
> You can also undock and resize the palette, and save your
> desktop with it where you want it.
>
> --
> Deborah Pate (TeamB)
0
Robert

Migrating to Delphi XE from Delphi 7.0
Below is my code in Delphi 7.0, this is how to call another units in webmodule... Hello All, I create a web application in Delphi 7.0, using the Web Server Application, CGI, IntraWeb 7.0.15. And I used TIWPageProducer to view like this url "http://localhost/mcr/mcr.exe/main". I built and run. I viewed in thru IIS and it is running... This is my code in Delphi 7.0 .... .... procedure TWebModule1.proMainGetForm(ASender: TIWPageProducer; AWebApplication: TIWApplication; var VForm: TIWPageForm); begin VForm := TfrmMain.Create(AWebApplication); end; procedure TWebModule1....

Migrating to Delphi XE from Delphi 7.0
Below is my code in Delphi 7.0, this is how to call another units in webmodule... Hello All, I create a web application in Delphi 7.0, using the Web Server Application, CGI, IntraWeb 7.0.15. And I used TIWPageProducer to view like this url "http://localhost/mcr/mcr.exe/main". I built and run. I viewed in thru IIS and it is running... This is my code in Delphi 7.0 .... .... procedure TWebModule1.proMainGetForm(ASender: TIWPageProducer; AWebApplication: TIWApplication; var VForm: TIWPageForm); begin VForm := TfrmMain.Create(AWebApplication); end;...

Delphi 7.0 code convert to delphi XE ...
Hello All, I create an application using Web Server Application then CGI stand alone... In WebModule I add ModuleController component and IWPageProcedure... Below is my code in Delphi 7.0, this is how to call another units in webmodule... .... .... procedure TWebModule1.proMainGetForm(ASender: TIWPageProducer; AWebApplication: TIWApplication; var VForm: TIWPageForm); begin VForm := TfrmMain.Create(AWebApplication); end; procedure TWebModule1.proLogInGetForm(ASender: TIWPageProducer; AWebApplication: TIWApplication; var VForm: TIWPageForm); begin VForm := TfrmLogIn.Create(AWebA...

Delphi XE / Delphi 2010

Delphi 2007 to Delphi 7

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE2

How to access Delphi 7 & 2009 after purchasing Delphi XE
I have purchased and installed Delphi XE and now I'm unable to find information on how to download previous versions of Delphi, namely Delphi 7 and 2009. Please respond. Regards, SB, L&T Hi sushweta biswas, > I have purchased and installed Delphi XE and now I'm unable to find information on how to download previous versions of Delphi, namely Delphi 7 and 2009. Your reseller should have told you: after registering Delphi XE, you can go to http://www.embarcadero.com/xe-earlier-versions to enter your serial number of Delphi XE as well as your EDN account informati...

Problem upgrading web service client from Delphi 7 to Delphi XE
In trying to upgrade our web service client to Delphi XE we have now get a web service error of Invalid Format. When we examine the SOAP request we see the following differences from Delphi 7 vs Delphi XE In Delphi 7 we get <SomeStuff xmlns="" xsi:nil="true" /> In Delphi XE we get <SomeStuff xsi:nil="true" /> We have narrowed the failure down to these differences in the client request. Is there anyway to get Delphi XE to generate a SOAP request with the xmlns attribute set to blank as it used to be? Hello, > In trying to u...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Migrating from Delphi 7 to Delphi XE3

Using Delphi 7 and Delphi 2010

Web resources about - Delphi 7 to Delphi XE - embarcadero.delphi.install

Domestic firms eye Delphi
BizChina offers latest business and market information of China, online updates of 17 industries, investment guides, business events and industry ...

Official: Verizon's Vehicle Diagnostics by Delphi now on sale for $250
Filed under: Technology Partnering with Verizon Wireless, Delphi Automotive has released its Vehicle Diagnostics by Delphi product that allows ...